What's new

Purple Lightstorm

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Nice! I like to see what the parents look like. Both look very promising. My guess is a high yielding sweet tasting purple plants. Hopefully!

purplebud1

Rat Trap's pictures are now online @ PC. The flowering time for the pure Lightstorm is 7 weeks in organic soil. The Sweet Tooth#3 goes 60-65 days for max yield. I would expect 8-9 weeks for the cross. Hopefully the mix will reveal a high yielding sweet tasting purple plant, but the ST#3 genes seem quite dominant from previous experiments. I'm confident the results will amaze you in some way!

take care,
purple

Last edited:

Rattrap

i've also got a pack of the sweettooth x LS but haven't tried them yet, been having too much fun with the LS! heh.
I just love watching peeps eyes fall out when they see the LS for the first time! No one s ever seen this sort of colour in Aus!

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
purplebud1 said:
Rat Trap's pictures are now online @ PC. The flowering time for the pure Lightstorm is 7 weeks in organic soil. The Sweet Tooth#3 goes 60-65 days for max yield. I would expect 8-9 weeks for the cross. Hopefully the mix will reveal a high yielding sweet tasting purple plant, but the ST#3 genes seem quite dominant from previous experiments. I'm confident the results will amaze you in some way!

take care,
purple

I'm sure the results will amaze us no matter what. Even if the ST#3 genes are dominant I'm sure there will be a few purple phenos in the mix.

Last edited:

purplebud1

Rat Trap: The Lightstorm is a bit picky on nutrients. But the Mg deficiency is quite common when growing indoors. I experienced some lockout problems problems when trying to feed the LS more intensively during flowering. To prevent Mg deficiency, I usually water the plants using 1 teaspoon/Liter of epsom salt twice during a plant's life cycle: once halfway through the vegetative period and once halfway through flowering. This will prevent the problem but will usually fix as well. The Mg deficiency amongst the easiest to cure, you will see epsom salt does magic! Finally, I don't know what you are feeding the plants but I strongly suggest organic-based fertilizers (Pure Blend, Mother Earth, etc.). I supplemented those two when selecting which individuals to mate.

In case you missed it, I added your wonderful pictures to a gallery of your own on PC. :)

take care
purple

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
if you need anymore testers i could do a nice indoor run or even a nice outdoor run...i don't know if any of you are doing any outdoors?

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
also found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightstorm_(strain) .. ah, OverGrow.. *tear*

not much info though, but a nice little background.. will definately need updating as it gains popularity :D

purplebud1

Yes, the LS entry on Wikipedia is fun! :) And thinking about OG does bring a tear to my eye. I would show you detailed pictures of the parents in ST#3 X LS but I almost lost them all since they were only in my OG gallery with no backups (dumb idea). I can tell you the Sweet Tooth#3 I used is not your ordinary MJ... The buds are pure candy, there is no sweeter pot out there that I know of.

I started dispatching the tester seeds. So far I have sent care packages to:

-AdmiralCornPort
-Buckeye
-Budrunners
-Closet Funk
-JayRoach
-Redwood-roots

I am missing some safe addresses for the rest... :) Can't blame this on me!

take care
purple

Last edited:

Rattrap

purplebud1,
I saw the pics on the purple cannabis web site, exellent!!
I'm feeding my girls chook poo tea at the moment, home brewed naturally. I've found the LS to be real sensitive to nute lockout due to high EC. I've a bubbleious girl & another from a mate he calls 'kaos' that have been on the same nutes & are fine while the LS is suffering a little.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
purplebud1 said:
Yes, the LS entry on Wikipedia is fun! :) And thinking about OG does bring a tear to my eye. I would show you detailed pictures of the parents in ST#3 X LS but I almost lost them all since they were only in my OG gallery with no backups (dumb idea). I can tell you the Sweet Tooth#3 I used is not your ordinary MJ... The buds are pure candy, there is no sweeter pot out there that I know of.

Now it's making me want it even more. That Sweet Tooth sounds awesome. How much better can you get (heavy yield, sweet taste) now all you need is the added purple from the LS and your good to go. Can't wait to try these out.

admiralcornport

I'm gettin pretty wet in the pants too closet funk!!!! Cant wait to grow these bitches out. Might even put a few outside around august (42 deg North). Oh yeah!!!! here come those purple buds.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
purple buds look awesome. I want some purple genetics in my cab, only prob is the vast majority of strains which are consistently purple are pretty shwaggy when compared to the elite strains. Unfortunately I think PL is also a bit weak, although it sure is pretty. I think the DJ shorts strains would be the best bet for finding a killer purple pheno (unless you have access to a clone of course)

good luck

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
- ezra - said:
purple buds look awesome. I want some purple genetics in my cab, only prob is the vast majority of strains which are consistently purple are pretty shwaggy when compared to the elite strains. Unfortunately I think PL is also a bit weak, although it sure is pretty. I think the DJ shorts strains would be the best bet for finding a killer purple pheno (unless you have access to a clone of course)

good luck

I bet it's not weak crossed with Sweet Tooth #3.

purplebud1

Rat Trap: I'm glad you appreciate your gallery on PC! :) If/when you have more pictures, I will update it. That way you have all your purple budshots in one place. You are probably right about the EC. I would feed less aggressively if I were you, organic nutrients can easily cook sensitive plants...

Redwood-roots: Thanks a lot for sharing your pictures. If you don't mind I will try to shed a little light on them.

Ezra: Please try the strain before commenting on the LS. As far as I'm concerned, the Lightstorm is not particularly weak but there are stronger highs out there for sure... It is a pleasant social smoke, the kind Mrs. Purplebud and I enjoy. :) It comes with some euphoria and couchlock but for an LSD-like experience or horse medicine, I would advise you to look elsewhere. I have had insomnia for almost a decade and the LS works marvels for me without interfering with the activities that require thinking...

From what I understand, you can get lucky with DJ Short's offerings but chances are you will need 3-4 packs (and 500-600$). And even if you find that über-potent purple pheno, it may very well require cool nights for purple/blue colors to show. Just my 2 cents...

Closet Funk: The ST#3 is in a league of itself but not because of an overpowering high. Like the Lightstorm, it causes an euphoric feeling but there is little if no couchlock at all. It is slightly trippy smoke, perfect for sports (skiing, mountain biking, etc.) and girls love it... :) Aside from the medium potency, it has all the indoor grower could desire: incredible yields, rock-hard buds, low stretch, grapefruit candy smell and taste, etc.

take care
purple

Here are Redwood-root's pictures after I shed some light. That's one fat purple bud!

Last edited:

Rattrap

hey pruplebud1,
Yeah i agree with your smoke assessment of the LS. Its an exellent day time & party smoke where u still want to be able to do stuff or be able to comunicate cohearently with people. But on the flip side it doesn't keep my brain racing when i'm ready to go to bed either.

budrunners

nice description of lightstorm I too have too agree but it is very tasty and keeps ya puffin on it yummy
damn nice sweet pictures you post there purplebud1