What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Lightstorm

purplebud1

Thanks Rat Trap! :D

For the address to my purple cannabis archives, check my signature... I will be adding your pictures with the next site update. The official LS site is still work in progress, my priority was getting the pictures online. My purple pot pics are almost all there (400 so far) and I will soon add LS version C pregnancy shots.

Did you take cuttings of the lovely ladies? I hope for you and your friends who want a piece of LS. :)

Oh, and... do you have more LS shots lying somewhere? I'm really curious. Also, could you manage to take harvest pictures? Like a before/after chop drama...

take care :joint:
purple

Last edited:

Rattrap

I've a few more lightstorm pics at different stages of flowering, if u'd like them i can zip them up for u in their orogional size before i resized them or i can give u the resided for posting size jus tlike the 2 u've already got now. I also got some shots of a male that came up too.
I'll be harvesting tommorow & plan on taking some more pics just before the big chop as well as the trimmed product. I'll be able to give u a smoke & yeild report in about 2 weeks too.
I did take cuttings from the girls that came up, they are slightly different phenos, 1 is more sativa in its bud growth having a long crown stem of bud while the other is more indica having fatter but shorter bud sites.

Rattrap

Time to pop a cherry

Time to pop a cherry

Hay all purple lovers,
Well my 2 lightstorm girls got the chop yesterday, it was time for them to pay their dues.
I placed a tape measure set at 1 meter to give u an idea of height.

Enjoy. :joint:

budrunners

Hi there RatTrap I glad to see you like your lightstorm, Thats one hellava grow there. I had a pheno that I would describe as a mountain laurel floral smell which is a very sweet grapey smell sorta like bubble yum grape gum. You will not be disappointed with it. please give us a smoke report on it.

My smoke report on it, the potency is top shelf it does very well up against White Rhino, Berkley #1, Sour Bubble, the only problem you have with lightstorm is the flavor it leaves that grape gummy smell and taste in your mouth that it has you puffing on it too much because you just cant believe the flavor that lingers in your mouth, Like white rhino too much and it overpowers you into some serious couchlock and laughing your ass off. It had a dark purple color, thick buds, sticky resinous too, breaking it up leaves you with some very sticky fingers. Overall I rate it a 10. All my friends wanted it more over White Rhino, Berkley #1, Sour Bubble and Berks SSH.

peace

Last edited:

Rattrap

budrunners said:
I had a pheno that I would describe as a mountain laurel floral smell which is a very sweet grapey smell sorta like bubble yum grape gum.

I've had mates ask me to describe the smell, i think u've nailed in on the head. i'll be doing a smoke report as soon as its dry. Its going to be a very long 2 weeks. :yoinks:

medicaluser420

I do too. But it's a win/win either way for me. If it's a girl I clone the shit out of her if it's a male I have it pollenate a couple of cuts sure it wont be the original but it will have some of it's genetics. :) :muahaha:

Sensi Student

Budrunners-That Purple Lightstorm looks phenomenal wondering how to aquire that A+ strain. Who carry's that and did all the seeds lead to purple plants. If not out of how many seeds you had and how many turned purple.

budrunners

Sensi those seeds were on seedbay, They are collecters items for right now. had dropped 2 beans and got 2 purple females. The flowers start out purple from the very start of 12/12. Truly a very unique purple flower, the taste and smell is like no other.

Rattrap

My lightstorm was the same way, both of the females i got started showing colour within 2 weeks of being switched to flower. Even the male i had come up had awsome colour!

Rattrap

Well the girls are all done, they spread their legs & said come & get me big boy - so i did.
The smell is slightly fruity yet when i was packing it into a bag every now & then i was getting kind of a diesel smell mixed with the fruity aroma. Quite pleasant all up. The smoke is a couch lock mostly, nice & cruisey.
I got 156g from LS1 & 142g from LS2. LS1 would be my choice of plant to grow out i think, its buds while more spaced out are much denser even the smaller buds are fairly solid. LS 2 on the other hand is more sativa like in its bud formation. The LS2 buds tend to be slightly more 'airy' in their formation, its smaller buds not really up to standard.
This was the first time i grew this strain out & from seeds too so i am yet make up my mind on which to keep as a mum. I'd doing another grow with both, this time from clones - be interesting to see if i can improve on these.

Rattrap

Hey all purple lovers,
Sorry about the lack of a smoke report, thought i'd done it here, must have been on another board.
I find the smoke to be a nice daytime smoke. It doesn't knock u on your ass like a couchlock indica can do. 1 vape during the day is enough to give me a real nice relaxing buzz but still leave me able to get things done. A couple more vapes in the evening will do me in quite nicely. The taste is nothing special, hardly a taste at all really. They didn't come up very resinious tho my girls ran into a prety deffency at around the 4th week of flower which could well be the reason for the lack of big fat trics. I'm growing them again, this time from clones & getting a much better node spacing & much less stretch.
The pics bellow were taken just after harvest & trim. My girls seemed to have come up a much darker colour of purple than i've seen in other pics, perhaps it was to do with the cooler temps they were grown in (winter here).
They acutally look a little more red in real life.

PEP

G'Day all you lovers of purple gear, just had to jump in and give my 2 cents worth. I was lucky enough to sample some of Ratty's Lightstorm recently and thought i would put in my smoke report of it.

Anyone in my neck of the woods here havent seen anything like it. The colour of it was enough to blow you away. LS chopped up quiet nice and fluffy and had a slight fruity aroma, it had hardly any taste what so ever, but being grown organicly, it was one of the smoothest smokes i have had to date. The stone was very relaxed and cruisey, not overwhelming or couchlock, but a nice steady stone. You could do just about anything on this weed, it was a get up and go weed and a slightly 'surging' weed, very nice for people who like to be stoned, but still in control of things going on around you.

The colour of this weed was what enticed me to it, and i'm lucky now to be able to grow some for myself. Mine will be Hydroponically grown, just to see if there is any difference in colour and stone. Thanks again Ratty for this opportunity and the taste test, because it is truely one of the most beautiful weeds out there today.

PEP...

Rattrap

Heres a couple of shots of some more lightstorm this time from cuttings.
The first pic is a group shot of 4 girls. They've been pretty heavily LST'd & are in their 3rd week of flower. My girls always seem to get heaps of purple in them right from veg, all the upper leaves get a deep purple in their veins & spreading out into the rest of the leaf.
I'm growing in potting mix & have fed them a home made chook (chicken) poo tea, EJ microblast & Seasol. The Seasol i have stopped now i am in flower as there is some debate about Seasol delaying flowering. I've just started adding some bat guano & chem K to the flowering nute mix.
Enjoy.

budrunners

Damn Rattrap those are some great looking clones you have got started and the picture of the male is jaw dropping.
I'm still waiting to see if there will be another chance to pick up some more Lightstorm beans, I miss my lightstorm plants. Any help from anyone that knows what, where, and how I can still get any Lightstorm beans.

Latest posts

Latest posts