What's new

Purple Lightstorm

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
hey Purplebud1 - are you making any more pure LS seed stock soon, or is the SW3 cross your only project?

purplebud1

Here are some pictures of 4th generation LS seeds in the making... They were taken a couple of months ago, I just never got around to show them. :) This is the last seed batch I made. I am relocating soon so my hobby breeding project is on hold for a little while. I think I am done inbreeding, I'm not sure it would be helpful to keep heading in this direction. I will start back crossing to the first generation LS purple queen. That means the next seeds from me should come in 4-5 months and they will probably be Lightstorm BX2 (and possibly 5th gen. inbred too, just for fun).

take care
purple

Last edited:

budrunners

Beautiful pics of the 4th Gen LS "PB1". I can hardly wait to see that purple magic start flowering from the very start, the way it starts flowering is just so much fun to watch. Its one of those plants that everyone should give a run at least once, In my case its all the time.

peace

purplebud1

Thanks guys! :) Breeding the LS has been lots of stress and pain at times so I'm very glad you appreciate. Just to clear things up, the pictures I posted are actually 3rd generation Lightstorm pregnant with 4th generation seeds. This plant was covered in trichomes even though it was seeded to the max.

The inbreeding process offers advantages as well as problems. The advantages: desirable traits are easy to isolate, populations become very uniform, leads to an IBL (true breeding material). The disadvantages: lost vigor over generations, higher % or mutants, lower pest resistance, lower germination ratio.

The vigor issue with IBLs is what makes them much less practical to the grower than an F1. I'm hoping crossing the Lightstorm to Sweet Tooth#3 will boost the vigor and make for plants that are easier to grow for you.

take care and have fun!
purple

Last edited:

purplebud1

2buds: Thanks. :) I sent you an e-mail as well as a letter!

Rat Trap: I'm afraid the problem remains but I must say that the second generation was the worst so far in terms of mutation. The problem will remain as long as I keep inbreeding because of ¨bottlenecking" (due to selection from a less than optimal population size). I think the only way to counter the problem would be to add new genes to the mix (a.k.a. Sweet Tooth#3) or to go back to the original purple clone and back cross (like I plan to do). The albino seedling syndrom is a compromise I chose to live with until now but it's also the main reason why I think further inbreeding the Lightstorm might not be such a good idea.

At least I'm honest about what I can't fix! :)

take care
purple

Last edited:

Rattrap

yeah inbreeding will only make the prob worse. Back crossing is defenately the way to go. But then i'm sure i don't have to tell u that.

G

so what % of the sweetstorms whatever you want to call it... will turn purple??? or is that for us to find out ...lol

I wouldnt mind crossing it to some sssc 1989 skunk#1 f2s i got.....or perhaps another purple plant...just for the fug of it.

Last edited:

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
ok Purplebud1, i was one of the lucky people to get a test pack of seeds from you on OG, the LS#3's. well i tried them a couple at a time rather than germin all at once. havent had success germin any but one and cabinet conditions at the time didnt allow it to thrive. regardless to say i put the remaining seeds "away" for later use hoping my growroom and grow skills would improve to the point i could actually get some goin. well my growroom has advanced and i feel more confident now in my ability to grow. not to mention actually having this thread and now your site to come to for assistance. i will be germing a couple more this week. pics and questions comin soon...

thank you budrunners for starting it(the thread) and rattrap for picking it up, most of all thank you purplebud1. hope you get moved soon and get the backcrossing process started! let us know if you need help :wink:

oh heres my desktop pic i stare at everyday!

Last edited:

purplebud1

JayRoach420: I wouldn't be looking for test growers if I already knew what to expect... It is indeed your role to find out! :) Crossing plants is intriguing and fun, I hope it turns out well for you.

Rat Trap: It sounds like a tasty cross... :) And the odds are on your side: the offspring will probably show purple as well.

The Dopest: If I were you I would try to germinate the remaining seeds all at once. If things don't work out, you will have replacements! The Lightstorm#3 seeds you have are the same as the Sweet Tooth#3 X Lightstorm that will soon be flooding ICmag... :) I'm glad you are using one of my pictures on your desktop. If you want a little change, there are higher resolution wallpapers here: http://purplecannabis.net/wallpapers/gallery.html

The only help I would need would be regarding my web site. My guestbook keeps getting spammed. I would need to implement a system to keep bots out (where you would be required to type a number displayed on screen). If anyone can help me with this I would be most grateful.

take care,
purple

Last edited:
G

thanks for the reply gpb...why the change in name?

well anway I figure there would be a 50/50 chance of purple? not that even matters but,,,it looks cool lol...I look forward to starting these up..Never had any purple in the garden. Plus I love swt!...

you think crossing it with sk#1 would be beneficial....like yeild wise?

depending on when I recieve the seeds Id love to pop a few outdoors to see the outcome.

purplebud1

Hi

ezra: Thanks for sharing but we'll try to stay on topic with only LS shots in this thread from now on... Just to clarify, the picture you posted by OG's Pakz is actually a lucky pheno of Nirvana's Pure Power Plant.

JayRoach: My many username changes on ICmag are due to problems with my accounts... like my posts and PM's rendered invisible to everyone. The proportion of purple phenos will vary but trying to predict gene expression is like trying to predict the lotto. I doubt crossing to Skunk#1 will be beneficial (even though it could still be fun). I think it would amount to a lot more variation and not bring much in return. Sweet Tooth has nothing to envy from any strain available in terms of yield, it is a monster yielder. It is also a much tastier smoke than Skunk#1. I would try making "F2's" instead in order to find gems but that's just me and my 2 cents... :)

take care,
purple

Last edited:
G

thanks for the asnwering my questions....

yeah I know its impossible to predict things like that..now that i think about it..

ill just grow the ls x swet...then ill worry about all that later. ill save some seeds or clones...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts