What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Lightstorm

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
no worries purps, I deleted the post.

Rattrap - would love to see an update from your LS clone run. How have the clones been growing compared to the from seed grow?

- viva la purple buds! :pimp3:

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
following your advice, pb1, i dropped the remaining 4 seeds all in today! ill post some pics once they germ. thanks again buddy!

Whats up PB, Im a friend of dopest, he directed me over here :D Ive been a fan of your purple for a looong time man, very very tasty looking stuff. The lightstorm especially. Maybe I'll get to try it when dopest harvests ;) I dont grow atm, but maybe in the future I can have the priveledge of growing some that stuff. :)

Oreganic

Hmm, well I've been lurking in this thread for a few weeks now talkin with PurpleBuddy and what not, and finally decided to pop my head out of my hole. I haven't been posting around ICmag much, this is in fact my first post in almost a month, but anyway - I felt like I could make a worthy contribution.

Not the best photography, (I'm new with the digi cam) and not the best grow on the site (My first fully independant indoor grow) - but heres some shots of the SweetLight (Sweetooth#3 x Lightstorm) that I was privledged enough to test. I got a pack of 10 way back in the OG days, but through my newbie trial and errors never succesfully grew any out untill last december when I started these.

It was by far the stickiest most resinous plant of 5 different strains that I grew. Also the tastiest quite easily. I grew some other fine strains too - but this SweetLight actually smelled like peaches. It was confirmed by quite a few other testers.. really a unique smoke. Take care y'all..

-0r.

admiralcornport

-Oreganic... was that the only pheno you got? Were there any purple ones? That looks great!!! I hope mine come out peachy too, sounds delicious.

G

that looks good...too bad you dont have any full shots.

purple or not , it sounds like a tasty combo.

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
quick question. is lightstorm#3 devired from a female lightstorm and a male sweettooth#3 as i understand them to be? also is sweetlight from a fem ls and a male st3 or are one of us confused?

oh yeah nice plant shots potna!

purplebud1

Oreganic: I'm very glad you are back pal! And that you posted these crazy-resinous budshots here!! :) It looks like the attack of the trichomes... Your pheno looks to be very Sweet Tooth#3 dominant. Hopefully, your next grow will reveal purple phenos too...

Just a reminder: the ST#3 X Lightstorm is the offspring of a ST#3 female and Lightstorm male, as shown in pictures previously posted to this thread.

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Nice! now we can see what at least one of the phenos look like. I'm liking the looks alot. I can't wait to get mine and get started. I hope I get some purple phenos that are that frosty, but I'll be happy with whatever I get. That does look like more on the ST#3 side.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
purps - is oreganic's LS X SwT#3 from different parents to the current cross?

Oreganic - can you tell us a bit more, like on yield, flower times, structure, phenotypes, etc.. looks very nice! oh and more pics if you got em

Oreganic

Well, thanks very much for the kind words all! Very appreciated. So yeah, like I mentioned before this was my first succesful indoor grow seed to sow (atleast that was all by me). I've been experimenting and wasting seeds for a while but last december I started my first indoor real indoor grow. This SweetLight pictured was one of two seeds I had left and was my only female. So of 10 seeds sent to me, my newbie arse grew out 1 plant. :pointlaug . So I didn't get a chance to see many phenos, but this one showed no purple. Just got really dark towards the end of flowering. I started 12 seeds in the begining, but it thinned down to 6 in the end flowering under my 1000w. However I only vegged my planted for 25 days and they were under poooor lighting for the last week, so they were TINY when I put them into flowering :yoinks: .

None the less, I got some decent yields concidering I think. Off of this sweetlight plant I ended up with just over 8 grams when it was totally dry. But these were the DENSEST nuggets of any of my plants, it was crazy. So unfortunately I don't have any full shots that do it much justice, just some early ones. But yeah, here's the shots I have left of my SweetLight. Enjoy.

Full Body shot around day 35 flowering

Early in flowering - day 30ish

Day 42

Last full body shot I have, day 50ish

A harvest shot after some nugs have already been removed..

Random shot

Early Macro..

And that concludes the show. Those are all of thee SweetLight pics I could dig up. I wish I could of gotten some better full plant shots around harvest but the camera I used was borrowed from a friend, so it wasn't always at hand. And keep in mind, I never had a tripod either! But thats what ya get - hope you enjoy.

-0r.

budrunners

nice pics there Oreganics, That is some very tasty looking buds. I cant wait to give it a run soon.I hope I get a sticky pheno like yours.

good to see ya here

peace

G

6635sw_ls.JPG

Yes! got some new beans.....thanks gpb! arrived safely

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
yes I am anxiously awaiting my "SweetStorm" seeds. those beans look perfect Jay.

this is one of my fav LS shots from the website:

10160lightstorm_fatcolas7.jpg

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
The ST#3 x LS beans are huge. These are some of the biggest seeds I've seen so far. I bet they came out out big calyx's.

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
the eagle has landed, thanks gpb. all the times bidding on the seeds on seedbay and now have them thanks man much respect! :respect:

buckeye-leaf

2buds

I see a purple haze ahead for us lucky mofo's. Question fellas, Do we want to start a thread dedicated to this batch o beans from purp or fill this one up with out test grows? You know, I feel pretty damn blessed today as the rain pours outside. I bet I'm the only mofo in town smilin :smile: today. It'll be about a week before I'm situated to start these beans. If someone starts up a new thread for this test, post a link overhere for us to post in or follow, just state what your intentions are with your thread.

Rattrap

Hey all,
Heres a quick update pic on my lightstorm girls. It's just a group shot. They are comming up on their 7th week in flower, about another 2 & they should be done.

Last edited:

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
nice Rattrap. looks like you are gona have a lot of purple buds in a couple of weeks mate.
PS - are those in a greenhouse or inside? (background looks confusing)