What's new

Purple Haze x Malawi

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I have come to the conclusion that I must have way over-flowered my phxm. It's cured for two months now, smells fabulous, but produces a very mellow buzz, not psychadelic at all.

I read and read and read on this forum, seeking for info on how to know when a landrace sativa is ready to harvest, and found so many differing statements that I still didn't know. I did indeed notice that on my plant, many of the pistils fell off; I guess now that that was one sign that it was done.

So I can't call that grow a success: the weed is smokeable no doubt, but the buzz is mellow mellow mellow.
How long did you leave her in bloom (#days)?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your header - 19 weeks.

Holeshot22

The fem was a good plant, grew huge outside. Smoke was strong , taste was average. I prefer Panama Haze!!Amazing high and taste . Big yeilder. As for Zamaldelica.I would rate it above PH xM. Especially the older Thai leaning phenos. I just tried some that had been stashed away for at least 8 months. !!Stopped me after 2 small bowls.Should have stopped at one. Sat there for 5 minutes looking at it

Spaventa

Veteran
The fem was a good plant, grew huge outside. Smoke was strong , taste was average. I prefer Panama Haze!!Amazing high and taste . Big yeilder. As for Zamaldelica.I would rate it above PH xM. Especially the older Thai leaning phenos. I just tried some that had been stashed away for at least 8 months. !!Stopped me after 2 small bowls.Should have stopped at one. Sat there for 5 minutes looking at it

any incense/sandalwood/leather piff aromas when it burned? any musky funk in the room?

Holeshot22

The Panama Haze . Yes . Has that great Haze , sandlewood taste . Slight muskiness from panama adds a bit of sweetness . I found PH x M more Malawi dominated. Buds weren't as big either.

Spaventa

Veteran
That pretty much describes Panama Haze

Might run the rest of my pack next. I grew a couple a few years ago and they didn't get a fair shot due to difficulties beyond my control. might put them in wet paper towels tonight :)

The ones I grew DID have it though.. hope the ones I have left germ ok and have killers in there :)

K

Kundalf

Aweome plants, going to grow something from Ace seed too, will be a looong run:D. May I ask you few posts earlier what kind of device are you smoking the extracts with?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
PURPLE HAZE X MALAWI SMOKE REPORT

Hello friends and fellow growers,

I just had to write this up, because if all highs have become very similar for you, this is the girl you gotta put on.

This strain is unlike anything I have smoked since I started smoking again in 2005. Early this morning I smoked some bud that is curing now; I cut it at the end of week 17 of flowering. I was totally high for 3 hours, with a very relaxing waning of effect. It is an intensely cerebral high, like my mind is surfing on a long, long wave that just keeps going. It is also extremely relaxing--not speedy or racing thoughts at all. I'd have to say that for me, it's medicinal in the calming effect it has on my mind.

I cut some more of the colas that were ready during week 18, and I'd say around one third of the plant, including the largest colas, is still waiting to be harvested. I'm almost afraid to let it get more potent in the flush for another week, but wtf... I want to see more brown pistils on uppermost buds and nearly all cloudy/milky trichomes. I definitely want to compare the two sets of harvested weed; for the week 17-18 weed, I can't imagine what it will be like when it's cured. And then, there will be the 20-week weed.

Of course, the experience is always intensified when one bakes first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, but I am so glad that I took the time to try something different. You can call me the sativa whisperer; I just ordered some more of these seeds to grow. For me, it was well worth the wait. I can't remember if I was ever this high for this long. 10 thumbs up.*

I have come to the conclusion that I must have way over-flowered my phxm. It's cured for two months now, smells fabulous, but produces a very mellow buzz, not psychadelic at all.

I read and read and read on this forum, seeking for info on how to know when a landrace sativa is ready to harvest, and found so many differing statements that I still didn't know. I did indeed notice that on my plant, many of the pistils fell off; I guess now that that was one sign that it was done.

So I can't call that grow a success: the weed is smokeable no doubt, but the buzz is mellow mellow mellow.

Hi Livelyup,

Thank you very much for sharing your Purple Haze Malawi smoke report.

It's surprising that the quality of the smoke dropped down since your first smoke report at 17 weeks of flowering vs the one at 19 weeks.

Did you notice any fade in the health of the plant in the last 2 weeks of flowering that could degradate the qualities of your first smoke report ? It's really a pitty that it lost the quality of the effects after all your efforts and patience.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
any incense/sandalwood/leather piff aromas when it burned? any musky funk in the room?

Hi Spaventa,

As i think we have commented privately, if you are mainly interested in refined incensey aromas, then Panama Haze and Haze x Kali China are our best and most incensey Haze hybrids. Purple Haze x Malawi it's also sligthly incensey but not so much like the other 2 Haze hybrids currently available in our catalog.

Panama, Tikal and Kali China also offer very refined and complex incensey aromas.

I think you are a big fan of the best old school dutch incensey aromas found in dutch strains like Kali Mist, Neville's Haze, Jack Herer, etc .... mainly in the 90s. If that's what you are looking for hopefully in a few months i can help you in this regard ;)
Cannot say more by now.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I've been lurking on this thread since I purchased PHM early in 2016, 3/28 I germed 2. Didnt like one, the other is beautiful. These picks of her FINALLY in the bloom room @ 75 days bloom these pics dont really do her justice - you can see I'm not very good at photography but am very happy with her results.

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 30

Tangwena

Veteran
Oh Yeah you've got some nice fat buds, they are going to be very strong from reports I have heard. Bring it on.

cronicle

Had to order directly from the source to jump on a pack of these! And some other ace classic's . Sort of impatience has set in. Running some tiger and others!
Just to keep me content for now
Might need more tigers as they are
Tuff mo fo's I tell you

Last edited:

spugg

Purple Haze Malawi X's

Purple Haze Malawi X's

Last year a Purple Haze Malawi hermied on me and produced a number of seeds with other plants (the grow is documented here). So I decided to grow out a number of the seeds. This is a PHxM)xZamaldelica on day 50 of 11/13.
picture.php
picture.php

Comparing it with a straight Zamaldelica you can see the much smaller buds on the cross.
picture.php
picture.php

But that’s the Zamaldelica being exceptionally fat. An Indica dominant hybrid in the same tent (Mendocino Purple Kush), same age, is as small as the cross. The cross also seems in for the really long run.

spugg

PHxM x's continued

PHxM x's continued

Here is another Purple Haze Malawi x Zamaldelica:
picture.php

And this is a Purple Haze Malawi x Panama Haze:
picture.php
picture.php

The cross with the Panama Haze produces taller buds, it seems, but they are very thin. All in all, the buds of the Panama Haze cross look more like the original Panama Haze mother whereas the crosses with the Zamaldelica show a closer resemblance to the bud structure of the PHxM reversed (hermied) father.

spugg

Here we are at 90 days of 11/13.
(Purple Haze x Malawi) x Panama Haze:

(Purple Haze x Malawi) x Zamaldelica:

Pure Purple Haze x Malawi:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I've been lurking on this thread since I purchased PHM early in 2016, 3/28 I germed 2. Didnt like one, the other is beautiful. These picks of her FINALLY in the bloom room @ 75 days bloom these pics dont really do her justice - you can see I'm not very good at photography but am very happy with her results.

Hi Snook,

I also would be happy with such nice indoor sativa colas! ;)

Straight Haze x sativa hybrids like Purple Haze x Malawi have a slow start in flowering stage, especially when grown from seed, they are much faster when you flower them from old clones. Anyway, looks like you have had patience with them and that you managed to control their size indoors, they seem to be enjoying your good cares and the led lights.

How are they doing one month later ?

Latest posts

Latest posts