What's new

Purple Haze x Malawi

Pédetoddy

THIS! That leaf structure is SEXY.:tiphat:

He was a male, i have cut and frozen his polen.
I am VERY impressioned with Purple Haze x Malawi, vigour pest resistence and drought tolerance.
I have 2 PHxM and a Zamaldelica females.
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's the stem of a beast Pédetoddy :D

Please, keep us updated with your 2 Purple Haze x Malawi and Zamaldelica females.
Thanks!

CultivatorT

Trying to find out what phenotype I have, I took a cut from a feminized Purple haze x Malawi that was never flowered and just decided to put her out side June 1st in living soil she is loving the weather here (Oklahoma medical patient ) just wanted to see if any one can help me figure out what way she’s leaning haze or Malawi, closest thing to a pure sativa I grew was Mozambique from seeds of Africa. And that was indoor way a few years ago and it was super foxtail and I only took her 10wks lol anyway he’s a few pics of the Purple haze x Malawi

CultivatorT

Looks 50/50 Haze/Malawi to me. Very soon you'll get a better idea when she kicks into flowering

The smell is like a sort of blackberry fruity, hint of incense, then the smell ending in a piney funky smell that has a slight bite like garlic. That’s just a stem rub, waiting for the buds to form more to get a better smell.
50/50 would be nice ,

I have some Pollen from (Thai x haze X skunk#1 male ), I want to throw on it but man that would take forever to flower out the the subsequent gens lol

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome CultivatorT :)

Thanks for posting pics of your Purple Haze x Malawi clone, what a nice bush!
She is looking great outdoors and i'm sure she will produce a fantastic yield at the end of the flowering.

I agree with baduy, looks like a 50/50 Haze/Malawi phenotype, it has the tamed very bushy Malawi structure, but with thinner leaves and longer node length typical of Oldtimer's Haze and its hybrids. Wish she is doing great now in late August, should start the flowering soon, please keep us updated, thanks!

orfeas

Veteran
This Purple Haze x Malawi had been sitting in the sun for a month before it was taken indoors under an 11/13 regime ten days ago. What looks unfamiliar to me is the internodal length...
Is this what you're talking about, dubi? Except for that I fancy the structure and the leaf shape ...

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1110307.jpg
    P1110307.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 35
  • P1110308.jpg
    P1110308.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 25

orfeas

Veteran
Another PH x M on the go, similar a tad to the one above...
Is it too early to infer which pheno?

Attachments

• P1110321.jpg
    P1110321.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 29
  • P1110322.jpg
    P1110322.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 28

CultivatorT

Welcome CultivatorT :)

Thanks for posting pics of your Purple Haze x Malawi clone, what a nice bush!
She is looking great outdoors and i'm sure she will produce a fantastic yield at the end of the flowering.

I agree with baduy, looks like a 50/50 Haze/Malawi phenotype, it has the tamed very bushy Malawi structure, but with thinner leaves and longer node length typical of Oldtimer's Haze and its hybrids. Wish she is doing great now in late August, should start the flowering soon, please keep us updated, thanks!

thanks dubi here's what she looks like as of September, she has a very good frankincense and blackberry smell and she is starting bulk up nice I hope she

turns purple 😊..
picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola tio orfeas :wave:

Purple Haze x Malawi is more Purple Haze dominant than Malawi.
Both of your plants show a more Haze growing and leaf structure.
Best wishes for the flowering stage!

This Purple Haze x Malawi had been sitting in the sun for a month before it was taken indoors under an 11/13 regime ten days ago. What looks unfamiliar to me is the internodal length...
Is this what you're talking about, dubi? Except for that I fancy the structure and the leaf shape ...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow CultivatorT :dance013:

She is doing great and very advanced into flowering for a tropical sativa at this time of the year. Looks very healthy and well developed.

Purple Haze x Malawi typically turns purple in the second half of flowering with the autumn colder temps.

thanks dubi here's what she looks like as of September, she has a very good frankincense and blackberry smell and she is starting bulk up nice I hope she

turns purple 😊..
View Image

View Image

orfeas

Veteran
Hola sobrino! :)

almost four weeks into flowering now, she's got her final ~30 lt shoes yesterday which will hopefully prevent her from getting excessively root bound...no smells as of yet but a faint fragrance when stem rubbed...

I fear the stretch will give me headache...mind you she's number three, alas me :biggrin: fortunately stretch is no more for the rest of the gang which unfortunately will have me elevating 25-30 lt pots...poor back of mine...

Anyways there you is!

P.S. Although I haven't grown any straight Malawi but its crosses, I see no Malawi there...

Attachments

59.7 KB · Views: 62
  • P1110346.jpg
    P1110346.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 28
  • P1110343.jpg
    P1110343.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 29

OZZ_

Veteran
Hola sobrino! :)

almost four weeks into flowering now, she's got her final ~30 lt shoes yesterday which will hopefully prevent her from getting excessively root bound...no smells as of yet but a faint fragrance when stem rubbed...

I fear the stretch will give me headache...mind you she's number three, alas me :biggrin: fortunately stretch is no more for the rest of the gang which unfortunately will have me elevating 25-30 lt pots...poor back of mine...

Anyways there you is!

P.S. Although I haven't grown any straight Malawi but its crosses, I see no Malawi there...

Definitely looks very hazy to me, gonna be a nice plant :biggrin:

orfeas

Veteran
Old Toker!
Where are you, my friend, to mock my naivety but sympathize with my dire straits ? :biggrin:
I definitely overlooked the crazy branching and stretching...one thing sativas ain't is funny :)

Almost 8 wks into flo

Attachments

• zamaldelica from Ace Seeds April 12 2017 in Rot Riot cube surrounded by Pure Coco Coir
    zamaldelica from Ace Seeds April 12 2017 in Rot Riot cube surrounded by Pure Coco Coir
    49 KB · Views: 62

orfeas

Veteran
I definitely can't find anything to mock about your grow(s)! Another beautiful plant brother. :tiphat:

I appreciate your kindness old chap!

Eleven weeks into flowering now... go figure... :woohoo:

:tiphat:orf

Attachments

• P1110456.jpg
    P1110456.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 37

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing orfeas! :D

How did your Purple Haze x Malaw indoor grow finish ?
Wish you are already starting to enjoy her flowers :yes: