What's new

Purple Haze x Malawi

L

Livelyup

Anyone have experience to share regarding green haze x malawi? Purple haze has the, uh, 'social allure' so to speak. But, green haze description sounds very nice...

I'll be interested to watch your grow! I need to learn about green haze!

Ncali

Veteran
I'll be interested to watch your grow! I need to learn about green haze!

It may be in the works, I have a strong desire to grow the green haze. It will probably be in my fall/winter grow. I'll keep the ace forum apprised when I pop um :smoke:

:tiphat:
NC

L

Livelyup

I'm finishing week 17 of flower with my Purp Haze x Malawi, and I am getting more and more flummoxed by this plant. I probably did bite off a little bit more than I could chew with her, and I had no idea of how huge she was going to get. Now I know.

Here's what's going on:

She's continuing to out new pistils.
Some sections are definitely riper than others: she got so big I could not expose all bud sites to light.
I look at trichomes daily, they are slowly clouding up. Still see many clear ones.

I've read so much on this forum about sativas and peak ripeness, and I am so afraid of blowing it with this plant. I've read to wait until ALL pistils are darker, but I don't know if that's ever going to happen.

Any and all advice on how to take her through the next 2??? 3??? weeks is greatly appreciated. I have been lowering her nutes slowly and do not plan to flush; I don't think she will need it.

W

Water-

You could start harvesting the flowers that look ready and let the rest keep going.

I would also flush

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
You could start harvesting the flowers that look ready and let the rest keep going.

I would also flush
I'm with water- but more. thers gotta be allot of 'popcorn' in there some where, take out popcorn buds to allow more light thru plant.
make butter now :biggrin: or dry it and smoke it now..

Koondense

Veteran
Maybe switch to 10/14 after week 16.
I never grew any haze or haze F1 but if I did, I'd probably use 15/9 for veg, 12/12 for the transition(2wks), then switch to 11/13 for most of flowering and then finish the last quarter with 10/14 or even longer dark periods.
Also if you feed them this late(over 16wks), cut the N to zero.

Cheers

L

Livelyup

Maybe switch to 10/14 after week 16.
I never grew any haze or haze F1 but if I did, I'd probably use 15/9 for veg, 12/12 for the transition(2wks), then switch to 11/13 for most of flowering and then finish the last quarter with 10/14 or even longer dark periods.
Also if you feed them this late(over 16wks), cut the N to zero.

Cheers

Thanks; I've had them on 10/14 for around 3 weeks.

L

Livelyup

I began harvesting over the weekend; I cut the lower bud sites and hung to dry. She is being flushed now, and a smoke test went very, very well. Delightful high, very cerebral, yet relaxing.

L

Livelyup

PURPLE HAZE X MALAWI SMOKE REPORT

Hello friends and fellow growers,

I just had to write this up, because if all highs have become very similar for you, this is the girl you gotta put on.

This strain is unlike anything I have smoked since I started smoking again in 2005. Early this morning I smoked some bud that is curing now; I cut it at the end of week 17 of flowering. I was totally high for 3 hours, with a very relaxing waning of effect. It is an intensely cerebral high, like my mind is surfing on a long, long wave that just keeps going. It is also extremely relaxing--not speedy or racing thoughts at all. I'd have to say that for me, it's medicinal in the calming effect it has on my mind.

I cut some more of the colas that were ready during week 18, and I'd say around one third of the plant, including the largest colas, is still waiting to be harvested. I'm almost afraid to let it get more potent in the flush for another week, but wtf... I want to see more brown pistils on uppermost buds and nearly all cloudy/milky trichomes. I definitely want to compare the two sets of harvested weed; for the week 17-18 weed, I can't imagine what it will be like when it's cured. And then, there will be the 20-week weed.

Of course, the experience is always intensified when one bakes first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, but I am so glad that I took the time to try something different. You can call me the sativa whisperer; I just ordered some more of these seeds to grow. For me, it was well worth the wait. I can't remember if I was ever this high for this long. 10 thumbs up.*

Spaventa

Veteran
PURPLE HAZE X MALAWI SMOKE REPORT

Hello friends and fellow growers,

I just had to write this up, because if all highs have become very similar for you, this is the girl you gotta put on.

This strain is unlike anything I have smoked since I started smoking again in 2005. Early this morning I smoked some bud that is curing now; I cut it at the end of week 17 of flowering. I was totally high for 3 hours, with a very relaxing waning of effect. It is an intensely cerebral high, like my mind is surfing on a long, long wave that just keeps going. It is also extremely relaxing--not speedy or racing thoughts at all. I'd have to say that for me, it's medicinal in the calming effect it has on my mind.

I cut some more of the colas that were ready during week 18, and I'd say around one third of the plant, including the largest colas, is still waiting to be harvested. I'm almost afraid to let it get more potent in the flush for another week, but wtf... I want to see more brown pistils on uppermost buds and nearly all cloudy/milky trichomes. I definitely want to compare the two sets of harvested weed; for the week 17-18 weed, I can't imagine what it will be like when it's cured. And then, there will be the 20-week weed.

Of course, the experience is always intensified when one bakes first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, but I am so glad that I took the time to try something different. You can call me the sativa whisperer; I just ordered some more of these seeds to grow. For me, it was well worth the wait. I can't remember if I was ever this high for this long. 10 thumbs up.*

Flavours? aromas?

L

Livelyup

Flavors; Aromas

Flavors; Aromas

Flavours? aromas?

The plant never has given off a strong aroma, but to me, when I get the sticky on my fingers, it smells like sesame seed oil, maybe a little peanut, and a hint of sandalwood for sweetness.

It was a very mild smoke with nice flavor all the way through the joint; I've been vaping it this weekend. At the beginning of the vape, it's mild tasting and pleasant; it just started curing.

Spaventa

Veteran
The plant never has given off a strong aroma, but to me, when I get the sticky on my fingers, it smells like sesame seed oil, maybe a little peanut, and a hint of sandalwood for sweetness.

It was a very mild smoke with nice flavor all the way through the joint; I've been vaping it this weekend. At the beginning of the vape, it's mild tasting and pleasant; it just started curing.

Nice. If that much complexity is already appreciable , curing the carbohydrates to sugars and the chlorophyll out of it, will really let them come through. I like 2 or 3 months.

L

Livelyup

Nice. If that much complexity is already appreciable , curing the carbohydrates to sugars and the chlorophyll out of it, will really let them come through. I like 2 or 3 months.

So do I; I just want to smoke it all the time right now!

OlDirtyHuman

picture.php

Here's what became of my last PHM.
First time making e juice.
I made a few mistakes, but it turned out ok.
I extracted the thc with a 3 minute soak in grain alcohol (QWET) Then I evaporated the alcohol off with a fan for about 24 hrs.

The first time i mixed the concentrate with some pg and vg and it came out clumpy.

Didn't wick properly and had very little effect.

Tried again with the second wash and used ej mix which is made specifically for turning concentrate into e juice and it worked great. The concentrate dissolved evenly and it gets you quite high.:dance013:

L

Livelyup

View Image

I extracted the thc with a 3 minute soak in grain alcohol (QWET) Then I evaporated the alcohol off with a fan for about 24 hrs.

The first time i mixed the concentrate with some pg and vg and it came out clumpy.

Tried again with the second wash and used ej mix which is made specifically for turning concentrate into e juice and it worked great. The concentrate dissolved evenly and it gets you quite high.:dance013:

So how was the weed for you? What kind of high? I'm hearing really different reports from people...

Spaventa

Veteran
View Image

Man Ive been working on his for about 2 years. Im now distilling my own alcohol, recovering it (I distill the wash) and leaving the green! FREEZE your alcohol before the wash - 2. break up the material so a quicker wash will work - 40 seconds max. 3 winterise that shit. 4. Forget glycol and all that crap - just leave enough alcohol in to get viscosity right for your vaporiser. The other big thing is using LOADS of alcohol for less material - it washed it so much quicker. I wash a few ounces in like a gallon of 96%. I lose maybe a few ounces of alcohol after I recover it. Only have to make new alcohol to top up stock every now and then. Im into it because I know EVERYTHING is organic, natural and edible/beverage grade. It also cost me virtually zero :)

OlDirtyHuman

So how was the weed for you? What kind of high? I'm hearing really different reports from people...

I'm not great at nuanced smoke reports, but as a pot head...

I've smoked Zamaldelica, PHM and MalawixPCK.

They are all a pretty similar high for me, so I'll assume that's the Malawi in all of them.

It's clear, uplifting and makes me want to be active. I don't get any paranoia or psychedelic effects, I smoke a gram joint a day and/or eat a strong brownie and live in a legal area. I consider my tolerance pretty high, so I could see how someone who smokes less could get f'ed up off of any malawi hybrid.

Smoking the green Malawi PCK at the moment and it's damn fine heart racing shit.

Hope that helps.

L

Livelyup

PHxM 19 weeks flower

PHxM 19 weeks flower

I have come to the conclusion that I must have way over-flowered my phxm. It's cured for two months now, smells fabulous, but produces a very mellow buzz, not psychadelic at all.

I read and read and read on this forum, seeking for info on how to know when a landrace sativa is ready to harvest, and found so many differing statements that I still didn't know. I did indeed notice that on my plant, many of the pistils fell off; I guess now that that was one sign that it was done.

So I can't call that grow a success: the weed is smokeable no doubt, but the buzz is mellow mellow mellow.

Latest posts

Latest posts