What's new

Playin' in the Woods 2015

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
that's bear scat/shit most likely...looking good man..the bear will keep other animals away if he frequents the area a bit...yeehaw .. I love appalachia

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Here are some updated pictures taken at Plot 1: These girls are getting their shape!

I apologize again for the horrible photography. My lens is broken.

picture.php

picture.php

The double planted hole:

picture.php

That's a 5 gallon water cooler jug behind the plant:

picture.php

picture.php

The bigger plants are a little over 5', the smaller ones about 4 and a half feet.

Got my horestail spray almost mixed. Fed the plants as well as the covercrops surround them. Also started removing interior leaves that weren't getting light or had significant bug damage. Supercropped again too, I gotta get the plants bushier.

They're really going to take off soon, I'm increasing the doses of fertilizer in preparation for the upcoming stretch in a couple weeks.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I'm upset about Plot 2. I cant go today, and by the time I do go it will have been 10 days since last I went. They've gotten plenty of rain in between, but I don't like going that long without feeding.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I'm upset about Plot 2. I cant go today, and by the time I do go it will have been 10 days since last I went. They've gotten plenty of rain in between, but I don't like going that long without feeding.

thats my issue some times as well! so i took 2 cups of fox farm ocean forest,2 cups of happy frog,2 cups of earthworm castings and a handful of composted horse shit and layered the top of the soil. its been raining nicely here so i dont really have to go,but i usally still go just to look at them lol i have debated if i should add some oscomte + to a few plants and test that shit out and see how it works. i think it could be good to use that along with my maxi gro.
Everything is looking great though bro! nice and green and getting ready for the stretch! giving nutrients in the next phase of growth imo is the most crucial bc of the amount of energy that they will be using for the stretch. i'm watching the spotnica and special queen closely :biggrin:

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Made some time to go to Plot 2 today. Things are looking good, the Spontanica are nice and healthy. Unfortunately the pictures are pretty shitty quality, not really worth uploading. I'll try to take some better ones next week when I have more time.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
The girls have gotten a little taller as they recovered from the last supercrop, but they're starting to get fat, which is nice. Stretch is approximately 2 weeks away; gotta get these girls as fat as I can before then so that I'm not still supercropping and stunting the plants (even the slightest) during their primetime growth period.

Sprayed some down 3x today with horsetail to defend against PM and blight. You can't see in any of the pics, but I FINALLY started burying small water bottles with holes punched in. Gotta deliver the water beneath the surface, straight to the roots. Saves your back and the plants.

The plants didn't look very damaged by bugs, but I did see quite a few ants crawling on the stalk of one. I don't like it, but she looks fine.

I gotta hit 'em with the IPM spray again soon.

Here are some pics from plot 1:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the double planted hole:

picture.php

picture.php

I'm kinda worried for security reasons that these plants are gonna grow taller than I bargained for. Sure they'll be big (I'm hoping to get at least 8 oz per plant, hoping for some of the biggest to hit an elbow), but I don't want them to be TOO big to where they really stick out. Seems like my options might be a late top or buy some fake colored flowers, but I'm worried that may make them stick out even more.

Depending on some factors it may be too late to top as you want to give your plant 2 weeks to regenerate hormones before the flowering starts...but you might also be right on time to do it

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Depending on some factors it may be too late to top as you want to give your plant 2 weeks to regenerate hormones before the flowering starts...but you might also be right on time to do it

Stretch starts in about two weeks, which means the hormones start flowing in about 1 week, so my top would definitely be late.

Perhaps netting might help?

Or, perhaps I could do kind of a strange LST? I'm imagining something like a bamboo rod staked into the ground a fet feet from the plant that I tie the top down to?

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Stretch starts in about two weeks, which means the hormones start flowing in about 1 week, so my top would definitely be late.

Perhaps netting might help?

Or, perhaps I could do kind of a strange LST? I'm imagining something like a bamboo rod staked into the ground a fet feet from the plant that I tie the top down to?

im going this evening to spray and drench mine with Regalia,insect frass for the chitosan 1tsp,bat guano 1tbs jamacian,1 tbs of liquid seaweed and 1/8th of aloe. Priming mine up for the stretch that is about to occur. 1 biddy early and 1 purple maroc and heribei has already started flowering so im guessing 1st week in sept they will be totally done.
How the special queen doing?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
im going this evening to spray and drench mine with Regalia,insect frass for the chitosan 1tsp,bat guano 1tbs jamacian,1 tbs of liquid seaweed and 1/8th of aloe. Priming mine up for the stretch that is about to occur. 1 biddy early and 1 purple maroc and heribei has already started flowering so im guessing 1st week in sept they will be totally done.
How the special queen doing?

I actually don't know which plants are which strain at plot 1 lol. The germed seeds got mixed up when I brought them out by accident.

The possibilities are Green Poison FV, Special Queen, and various freebies lol.

Now that the plants are older, I can begin to tell them apart. Pics 2 and 3 of the last ones that I posted look like Special Queens.

Question: Archery season starts before I would like to harvest, but there are no real sturdy trees for a treestand nearby, just a shit town of tall ass vegetation. Should I be worried about bowhunters? I don't imagine many bowhunters walk around, I would think having a treestand is a necessity for them.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I actually don't know which plants are which strain at plot 1 lol. The germed seeds got mixed up when I brought them out by accident.

The possibilities are Green Poison FV, Special Queen, and various freebies lol.

Now that the plants are older, I can begin to tell them apart. Pics 2 and 3 of the last ones that I posted look like Special Queens.

Question: Archery season starts before I would like to harvest, but there are no real sturdy trees for a treestand nearby, just a shit town of tall ass vegetation. Should I be worried about bowhunters? I don't imagine many bowhunters walk around, I would think having a treestand is a necessity for them.

i dont think u need to worry about them bc there isnt any trees near ur sites. i think alot more people use a high power rifle to hunt then bows or at least that is how it is here. yes a tree stand is what they use here and dont walk around so i think u will be ok.
Damn ur worse then me lol i thought i was the one that fked up strains and get 1 or 2 mixed up,but u damn :laughing: they all are growing nicely though. i cant wait till flowering starts u will have some big ladies:dance013:

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Yeah even most firearm hunters don't walk around (except shotgun hunters, but not for deer). I think I'll be good during bow season.

I may have to do a late top or tie the tops down, I'm very concerned about the plants getting too tall. The lack of trees may save me from hunters, but giant plants will REALLY stick out from the air of they're taller than the surrounding vegetation and Christmas tree shaped.

I'm leaning towards disguising them as something else by putting fake flowers on them.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Yeah even most firearm hunters don't walk around (except shotgun hunters, but not for deer). I think I'll be good during bow season.

I may have to do a late top or tie the tops down, I'm very concerned about the plants getting too tall. The lack of trees may save me from hunters, but giant plants will REALLY stick out from the air of they're taller than the surrounding vegetation and Christmas tree shaped.

I'm leaning towards disguising them as something else by putting fake flowers on them.
ya i know what u mean bro. one my churchs is way out of control its approaching 9 foot tall right now and its not even started to flower yet. this was the only plant that i didnt top or do nothing to either so its gonna be a big xmas tree shape. i may try and tie the top down somehow next time i go back. i never exspected it to grow this insane lol i like greenhouse seeds they have always done me nicely. super lemon haze is one of my top 3 smokes of all time

Bean Bag

I'm diggin the location/surrounding veg, looks very good man. I'm especially excited for the Spontanica, I've always wanted to try that one OD.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I'm diggin the location/surrounding veg, looks very good man. I'm especially excited for the Spontanica, I've always wanted to try that one OD.

The Spontanica is doing good! I'll post some pics later when I get time. It's a short plant naturally from what I've read, so I'm not worried about them only being about 3 ft tall right now (I imagine they'll finish around 6 or 7 feet) because they're rounding out nicely.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Went out to Plot 2 today. Things are lookin' good! Got em sprayed down with horsetail spray. Gotta start preemptively fighting the mold/blight battle now.

The Spontanica are only about 3' tall (maybe a little less) but they're bushy; great shape. Supercropping has done me right thus far this year. Stretch starts in about two weeks, so they'll have plenty of time to grow some more before the REAL growth spurt hits. It's amazing how plants grow faster and faster as they get bigger. They grow up quickly.

picture.php

picture.php

The other one I don't have pictured. I had my backpack in the background and I don't like having that in pictures, but it is the best looking one.

Here is the hole that is double planted at plot 2. The plant on the right is topped, and there is a second shoot behind the first one. The second shoot isn't visible in the picture:

picture.php

These plants were started later than the plants at plot 1, but I'm really gonna start upping the fertilizer on these Spontanica. KC Brains' strains are known for being heavy-feeding hogs, and I need these girls to catch up to the girls at the other plot.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Update time, guys. It ain't all peaches & cream here in Appalachia.

Overall, the plants look healthy. The tallest ones are about 6', the rest are all at least 5' (at plot 1 that is), unfortunately I've got some yellowing/dying leaves, some with holes in them. Not just bottom ones, but interior fan leaves even halfway up that don't get much light.

Here is a picture of one plant from afar, and then a leaf I pulled off of it:

picture.php

picture.php

Here is another plant that has a weird texture to the leaves and in which the leaves are droopy. Another thing you can notice in the first picture is the water bottles that I buried... all got resurfaced due to rain. Had to rebury them all. Again, from afar and then up close:

This is the double planted hole, btw. And yes, the grass is really 5 feet fucking tall. Thank God for snake boots, especially because some of the area is swampy.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My first impression was nitrogen deficiency, which would mean I need to apply even more nutes than I already do, but I already give more than the recommended dose. I did, today however switch to Jack's Professional, which has added Magnesium and ammoniacal nitrogen. Same amount of nitrogen, but an extra type. Who knows what it will do.

Maybe I just need to get more water to them. I'm concerned that it might be the be something I'm not thinking of.

Also, I took off some of the bottom branches on the plants. Forgot my knife, so I did it by hand. On a few I skinned a bit off the stalk down to the ground... This shouldn't be too much of an issue, right?

Last edited: