What's new

Playin' in the Woods 2015

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Here are some pictures of the plants that are doing better:

The first two I'm pretty sure are Special Queen, but I'll be able to tell for sure in a couple weeks. The third I'm not sure about. These three I'm a little bit worried about because they're stereotypical Christmas trees and they're pretty close in proximity. The first two are 10 feet apart. The fourth one I'm pretty sure is a Green Poison, and the fifth one I think might be a freebie, I'll find out specifically later whenever they're in bloom.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gorilla ganja

Like you said maybe nitrogen, but I never seen half a yellow leaf from N deficiency before.
Check out this thread for a wealth of info.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231387
Overall the plants are looking good tho so I wouldn't sweat it to much. A few discolored leafs on the plant is to be expected especially OD guerrilla.
Keep up the good work and may all your buds be huge
Peace GG

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Update time, guys. It ain't all peaches & cream here in Appalachia.

Overall, the plants look healthy. The tallest ones are about 6', the rest are all at least 5' (at plot 1 that is), unfortunately I've got some yellowing/dying leaves, some with holes in them. Not just bottom ones, but interior fan leaves even halfway up that don't get much light.

Here is a picture of one plant from afar, and then a leaf I pulled off of it:

View Image
View Image

Here is another plant that has a weird texture to the leaves and in which the leaves are droopy. Another thing you can notice in the first picture is the water bottles that I buried... all got resurfaced due to rain. Had to rebury them all. Again, from afar and then up close:

This is the double planted hole, btw. And yes, the grass is really 5 feet fucking tall. Thank God for snake boots, especially because some of the area is swampy.

View Image
View Image
View Image

My first impression was nitrogen deficiency, which would mean I need to apply even more nutes than I already do, but I already give more than the recommended dose. I did, today however switch to Jack's Professional, which has added Magnesium and ammoniacal nitrogen. Same amount of nitrogen, but an extra type. Who knows what it will do.

Maybe I just need to get more water to them. I'm concerned that it might be the be something I'm not thinking of.

Also, I took off some of the bottom branches on the plants. Forgot my knife, so I did it by hand. On a few I skinned a bit off the stalk down to the ground... This shouldn't be too much of an issue, right?

the second pic in this post looks like a N def but since u are feeding them a good amount i dont see how it could be a N def. here is the chart take a look at it and see if u can figure it out. the 2nd pic where one those leaves are solid yellow makes me think a N def. maybe the soil has got to much salt in it and is locking out the N. idk to be honest i have had a few yellow leaves like that on mine towards the bottom of the plant and they usally just fall off and keep on growing so it could also be natural

gorilla ganja

Forgot to add about ripping branches off. Remember your knife next time. The plants should heal no problem, but any open wounds can turn into a big deal sometimes with mold.
I forgot my knife as well, I just left the lower growth on for couple extra weeks rather than try to pull them off.
GG

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Like you said maybe nitrogen, but I never seen half a yellow leaf from N deficiency before.
Check out this thread for a wealth of info.
Overall the plants are looking good tho so I wouldn't sweat it to much. A few discolored leafs on the plant is to be expected especially OD guerrilla.
Keep up the good work and may all your buds be huge
Peace GG

LMAO damn man we was thinking and typing the same thing and posting same link

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Thanks for the input guys!

I'm thinking it was nitrogen deficiency. The plants o fed yesterday looked better, the ones I didn't feed until today looked a little worse.

I'm definitely going to remember my knife next time. I'll be sure to keep an eye on those skinned areas though. I'm done supercropping so they should heal fast.

As an easier alternative to the bottle feeding method, you remember those little stakes I left? I pull em out, pour the water down into the hole (which runs a little deeper than the bottles did) and reinsert them when I'm done To cover the hole. Cuts down on watering CONSIDERABLY.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Plot 2 Update

Plot 2 Update

Headed out to Plot 2 today, and it's coming along nicely!

Here I've got three Spontanica and one hole that is double planted with a Special Queen and a freebie (Grizzly Kush?). All plants are between 4 and 5 feet tall. One Spontanica got knocked the fuck out (over) by something. Maybe a deer, but it was laying flat on the ground, so I propped it back up with a nice rock. I like using rocks instead of tying it up because, while it maintains a little bit of a pimp lean, it still eventually keeps itself up on its own strength.

Here is the double planted hole:
picture.php

Spontanica:
picture.php

Another Spontanica:
picture.php

Here is the one that got pimp-slapped by something and knocked down. She's looking pretty rough for right now:
picture.php

The Spontanica are shorter than I'd like, but I'm hoping that will begin to change here in a week or two :plant grow:

Short, but they got NICE structure. Will for sure be growing Spontanica again in the future.

gorilla ganja

All your plants are looking really good. Which is nice when using native soil mostly. Glad to see, because hauling in that much dirt is a pain in the.... back. Mostly clay type soil I think you said. Did you add anything to help break it up some? Next year I will probably end up planting in clay as well because most of this country is clay under a 6" layer of black dirt.
Anyway best of luck with the rest of your season.
Peace GG

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
All your plants are looking really good. Which is nice when using native soil mostly. Glad to see, because hauling in that much dirt is a pain in the.... back. Mostly clay type soil I think you said. Did you add anything to help break it up some? Next year I will probably end up planting in clay as well because most of this country is clay under a 6" layer of black dirt.
Anyway best of luck with the rest of your season.
Peace GG

All I added to the soil was perlite. I dug the holes with a mattock (pickaxe) and mixed in perlite. I turned each hole over once or twice and added more perlite until I felt it was loose enough.

Also pulverized lime in each hole, but that's it. Just perlite and lime.

The reason I chose not to really fuck with the native clay is because it helps retain water. I think heat stress/thirst is a major hindrance to yield.

Jack's ferts are the shit, but I'm about to order some insect frass to mix in too.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
All I added to the soil was perlite. I dug the holes with a mattock (pickaxe) and mixed in perlite. I turned each hole over once or twice and added more perlite until I felt it was loose enough.

The reason I chose not to really fuck with the native clay is because it helps retain water. I think heat stress/thirst is a major hindrance to yield.

Jack's ferts are the shit, but I'm about to order some insect frass to mix in too.

u will love that frass man! i will never not grow again without it. i was reading on seed mine forum about a guy that was testing insect frass vs bud factor x. bud factor x has chitosan in it same as the frass. he said the frass worked alot better stacking on the trichs then the bud factor x.
im gonna have to try that jacks fert in the future for sure. im having pretty good success with maxi gro and dyna gro as well. the only thing i dont like about dyna is carrying either liquid which adds up when im carrying 3-4 gallons of water at time. everthing is looking nice and green though and very healthy.

gorilla ganja

Minimal prep with great results. Love it. My style exactly.The only thing I would have done different is add some fertilizer to the mix when you prep. But it sounds like your going to do that next year.
cheers GG

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Minimal prep with great results. Love it. My style exactly.The only thing I would have done different is add some fertilizer to the mix when you prep. But it sounds like your going to do that next year.
cheers GG

I might, I might not. I'd like to put in some Jack's time release ferts, but I've heard of shit getting fucked up with time release ferts. I also would have to be very careful about burning with my feedings on top of time release nutes.

I thought about just maybe putting insect frass in the mix, but that could prove expensive as opposed to just feeding it. A 2lb bag is almost $30, and I'd use at least one bag per hole.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I might, I might not. I'd like to put in some Jack's time release ferts, but I've heard of shit getting fucked up with time release ferts. I also would have to be very careful about burning with my feedings on top of time release nutes.

I thought about just maybe putting insect frass in the mix, but that could prove expensive as opposed to just feeding it. A 2lb bag is almost $30, and I'd use at least one bag per hole.

ya its best to use the frass as folair. this year after harvest though and i make some extra money im gonna get a 25lb bag so i can add 1 cup per hole. i have mixed in oscomote+ in plot 1,2 and 5 and having really good results. im feeding maxi gro on top of these and everthing is nice and green. what i figured it would do is let me cut back on the amount of dry ferts that i have to use so instead of doing like 2 teaspoon of feed i only been giving 1 ever 10-14 days

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
ya its best to use the frass as folair. this year after harvest though and i make some extra money im gonna get a 25lb bag so i can add 1 cup per hole. i have mixed in oscomote+ in plot 1,2 and 5 and having really good results. im feeding maxi gro on top of these and everthing is nice and green. what i figured it would do is let me cut back on the amount of dry ferts that i have to use so instead of doing like 2 teaspoon of feed i only been giving 1 ever 10-14 days

Just ordered my frass. I'm gonna mix it in with the Jack's that I use to feed them with by watering.

I'm also gonna make an early flowering foliar cocktail. Horsetail (even though I already sprayed), aloe vera, and insect frass. Bugs I'm not overly concerned with at this point, so I think I'm about done with my karanja spray.

Is it too late to throw some water crystals down?

For next year im going to add some water crystals into the mix. Also a little insect frass (maybe half a bag, so a pound), and MAYBE some Jack's time release ferts.

That will make my mix native soil, perlite, pulverized lime, water crystals, and some insect frass, possibly some slow release ferts. That sounds like a winning combo; very easy to haul in and everything the plant needs (remember that native clay soil is itself nutritious, just clumpy).

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Just ordered my frass. I'm gonna mix it in with the Jack's that I use to feed them with by watering.

I'm also gonna make an early flowering foliar cocktail. Horsetail (even though I already sprayed), aloe vera, and insect frass. Bugs I'm not overly concerned with at this point, so I think I'm about done with my karanja spray.

Is it too late to throw some water crystals down?

For next year im going to add some water crystals into the mix. Also a little insect frass (maybe half a bag, so a pound), and MAYBE some Jack's time release ferts.

That will make my mix native soil, perlite, pulverized lime, water crystals, and some insect frass, possibly some slow release ferts. That sounds like a winning combo; very easy to haul in and everything the plant needs (remember that native clay soil is itself nutritious, just clumpy).
Hello Kygiacomo
Your order #****** has shipped and the tracking information is below. When you receive your shipment, please make sure everything is included in your order. If there are any issues, please save everything and contact us immediately. You can email us [email protected] or call us at 562-698-7722. Our feedback is very important to us. Please leave us 5 stars and positive feedback if everything was exemplary.
Your order was shipped to the address specified during payment. Please CALL us immediately if there are any shipping issues with your address.

my frass just shipped today as well lol im gonna be using this frass as watering it in each week and i will be using bud factor x as folair up to week 6. once i use up this BFX i will just be sticking to strictly frass though.
i would suggest want to add a little basalt rock dust or azomite and gypsum as well to each hole like 1 cup. the basalt will add a bunch of micro nutes like silica etc and the gypsum will help break up that clumpy clay with added calcium. if ur spots stay secure this year u can add the minerals as soon as harvest is over that way those holes will be even better come next may when ur ready for them.

Edit: i forgot to add that i also ordered 1 pound of the mexican bat guano that im gonna use to topdress my 4 living soil plants. the reason i wanted the mexican is bc they are insect eating bats and guess what?? the bat guano from insect eating bats has chitosan in it as well lol im buying everthing that has chitin/chitosan in it for next years grow which includes Coast of maine products. im gonna get their Quoddy blend,lobster & kelp blend lobster compost. As long as my spots stay secure this year i will add a few handfuls of these around march 1st so they have a few months to give the critters time to dig thur them and see there isnt shit in there.

Last edited:

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
It's always good to make notes for improvement next year while you see shit unfold this year.

On the other hand, NOW is the most crucial time for us. In terms of yield, quality, everything. That's why I ordered some insect frass; if it is gonna supply micronutrients that I'm missing, make the plants more resistant to fungi, and get me bigger plants with frostier bud well then what the fuck am I waiting for? They need this chit yesterday.

Done supercropping everything. I did get one of the Spontanicas yesterday one last time though. I like to get three supercrops per plant. Next time I go out I'm bringing my knife and lollipopping all the plants.

From here on out it's laying on as much food, water, and fungi protection as we can.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
It's always good to make notes for improvement next year while you see shit unfold this year.

On the other hand, NOW is the most crucial time for us. In terms of yield, quality, everything. That's why I ordered some insect frass; if it is gonna supply micronutrients that I'm missing, make the plants more resistant to fungi, and get me bigger plants with frostier bud well then what the fuck am I waiting for? They need this chit yesterday.

Done supercropping everything. I did get one of the Spontanicas yesterday one last time though. I like to get three supercrops per plant. Next time I go out I'm bringing my knife and lollipopping all the plants.

From here on out it's laying on as much food, water, and fungi protection as we can.

hell ya i agree! im also done super cropping. i did my last one on the Dela at plot4 about 4 days ago. im feeding nothing now but maxi gro at 1tbs ,1ml floralicious plus per gallon to all the plants in veg except the Delas and the organic plot. the delas are getting veg+bloom dirty fertilizer and once they start to flower i will be adding + size as my Pk booster with the V+B. i will also switch the ones over from maxi gro to maxibloom once they start to flower as well

br26

messaged you about the fungus on page 7 which looks like you have. It is hitting my outdoor plants as well. . . Controlling it but get on it b4 it takes your crop.

Latest posts

Latest posts