What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Playin' in the Woods 2015

gorilla ganja

starting to grow quite nicely. It really is an amazing plant. Now that it has a foothold look out. They grow so fast.:plant grow:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Sorry for the shitty quality pics, I couldn't see the screen as I was taking them today. These pics are 4 days after the last ones, the growth rate is pretty nice. Soon the plants will be too tall for the cages.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

The clover never grew in. Next time I go out I'm going to have to cut some vegetation from the area to throw over the holes. I can't let that top layer of dried, bright dirt be showing.

I'm also going to increase the potency of my karanja oil/aloe spray. More potent insect spray, mixing my horsetail to combat PM and blight, and cutting foilage to cover up that dirt are my priorities now.

The following trip I will begin burying the hole-punched water bottles. These are my key to lightening the water burden. By pouring water through the bottles, it goes a few inches beneath the surface, so all the water goes to the roots instead of being lost to evaporation.

sweet bro they are moving along very nice! the biggest plant i have so far is the church! this bitch is up to my chin and got limbs all over it..i love a plant with limbs all over it!
ya man mulch that area with some old leaves from last fall. thats what im using and they are working nicely. just today i was at the plot and i checked the soil under the mulched leaves and to my surprise it was still damp from the water i gave it 3 days ago. the temps have been in the low to mid 90s during the day here for past 3 days and rest the week mid to upper 80s with 100% humidity out there. ive never used mulch before bc i didnt think it really made much difference and i was surly wrong on that and had to do alot of unnessary watering bc of that.
i had to up my mix of insect spray as well. i use 7.5ml of neem,7.5ml of karanja,1/8th tsp of aloe and 2 tsp of frass and i havent seen no new bug bites since then. i also went to walmart and picked up some phyrethins that i mixed into a dose this morning.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I don't have any old leaves. I'm probably just going to pull some tall grass from the area or just chop some vegetation to cover it with.

Put some Special Queen seeds out today. Spontanica are doing well. I'll be out at Plot 1 again on Monday most likely and will take more pics.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I don't have any old leaves. I'm probably just going to pull some tall grass from the area or just chop some vegetation to cover it with.

Put some Special Queen seeds out today. Spontanica are doing well. I'll be out at Plot 1 again on Monday most likely and will take more pics.

bro make sure to order u some protekt. its great to emulsify the karanja oil with and at the same time it makes the stems thick as fuk which aids in battling bud rot,insects and being able to hold more buds without having to stake the plants up and worrying about it breaking.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
bro make sure to order u some protekt. its great to emulsify the karanja oil with and at the same time it makes the stems thick as fuk which aids in battling bud rot,insects and being able to hold more buds without having to stake the plants up and worrying about it breaking.

I'm going to order some tomorrow, rush delivery.

Something is eating the shit out of a couple of my plants:
picture.php

That is one of the Spontanica at Plot 2. There ia a plant at Plot 1 that looks like it has scale damage. I'm going to up the dose of karanja oil for Monday. If that doesn't do it, I'm going to bring out my insecticide from last year.

Here are some pics from yesterday at Plot 1:

The chicken wire is 2 feet tall
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm waiting until they get a little taller to begin supercropping. My reasoning is that I DON'T want the plants to send growth energy to the lower branches, because I'm going to cull those during flowering anyway. I want that energy to get sent out to the branches that will be towards the top, so I'm giving the plants some time to grow taller and develop those higher up branches first. I'm thinking I'll supercrop once at the beginning of July and then once or twice more through the third week of July.

I'm also going to get my horsetail mix ready for Monday. It's time to start pre-emptive spraying for blight (perhaps even a tad late!).

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Here are a couple more pictures from Plot 2 taken today:

The smaller plant on the right is actually topped and has two main shoots. Seems every year I get a plant that nature decides to top in some way or another.

picture.php

Here is another Spontanica:
picture.php

I'm going to throw some autoflowers I have saved out at plot 2. I figure It's a good time to start them, get a nice early little tease harvest. Wasn't planning on running them, but why not?

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I'm going to order some tomorrow, rush delivery.

Something is eating the shit out of a couple of my plants:
View Image

That is one of the Spontanica at Plot 2. There ia a plant at Plot 1 that looks like it has scale damage. I'm going to up the dose of karanja oil for Monday. If that doesn't do it, I'm going to bring out my insecticide from last year.

Here are some pics from yesterday at Plot 1:

The chicken wire is 2 feet tall
View Image

View Image

View Image

I'm waiting until they get a little taller to begin supercropping. My reasoning is that I DON'T want the plants to send growth energy to the lower branches, because I'm going to cull those during flowering anyway. I want that energy to get sent out to the branches that will be towards the top, so I'm giving the plants some time to grow taller and develop those higher up branches first. I'm thinking I'll supercrop once at the beginning of July and then once or twice more through the third week of July.

I'm also going to get my horsetail mix ready for Monday. It's time to start pre-emptive spraying for blight (perhaps even a tad late!).

looking good bro! check the price of Armour Si. its the same thing as protekt except its 10% and protekt is 7.8% Si. once i run out of protekt i will switch to Armour Si if the price is around the same thing but either way silica is a must have for us bc it aids in bud rot prevention,insect resistance and drought resistance. good call on the supercropping. i have only did 2 plants bc its all new to me but so far im really likeing what im seeing from it.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Shakira, you can remove those cages now. Unless you are planning on using them as a training housing? Nothing will bother them at that size. Once over a foot and a woody stem, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I have never lost one after that size to animals.

I would also go to your local farm store or walmart and get some grass seed, just the cheap (cover bare area) type and throw on those bare areas of the hole.

Your plants are beautiful and they are thriving well my friend.

I just don't want you to have a bad experience like me, the only year I did not cover my holes with vegetation of some sort and left them bare, LEO spotted almost every one of them. You'd be surprised what that looks like from the air.

Good luck to you this year, hope you reap the rewards that your heart is set upon!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I sowed clover seed, but it just didn't take hold. Will grass seed do better?

i would just use some leaves brother from last fall that is in the area unless u want a living mulch. check the link below they have some nice cover crops.Those plants look great bro! very healthy looking! have u decided if u are gonna FIm or Top? the plants that i used the FIM on has got alot more branches on it then the ones that i didnt at this point. im also trying out super cropping on a few this year to see whats up with it. i want to get a few of those big nutrient knuckles http://buildasoil.com/products/clover-cover-crop-blend-13-seed-buildasoil-mix-40-clover

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great so far! I have read its best to top somewhat early (1-2 ft stage). Seems to work well. This trains the plant to grow branchy from a young age, hopefully giving better structure, and yield. Once the plant is taller, topping has a different effect on the structure. I can understand wanting to get up into the light though. It all depends.

Weeds in the garden I always pull. If your plants fill in right, there won't be any ground to see! :)

Great job on the timing. Should end up with pretty big plants! :)

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Today's pictures were taken BEFORE I covered the holes at the base of the plants. I just ripped off the tops of vegetation nearby and threw it down on the holes. Had to get that shit covered up. Supercropped most of the plants also while I was there.

I apologize again for the shitty quality of the pictures, I cannot see the screen when I take them and my lens is broken.

These pics are all from Plot 1:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Took all the chicken wire off too.

Here is a close-up of the plant in that last pic. Something is attacking the shit out of it. I upped the dose of Karanja, agsil, and aloe today. Can't play games with these fucking bugs.

picture.php

I have a male that looks very much like that (all eaten up). Not sure what bug it is eating it. I'm not that bothered about it since I just want a bit of pollen, or going to kill it. I found some grasshoppers and crickets near my other plants and they really went to town on one.

Anyway, good luck getting rid of the critters and having a great grow!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW

Here is a close-up of the plant in that last pic. Something is attacking the shit out of it. I upped the dose of Karanja, agsil, and aloe today. Can't play games with these fucking bugs.

View Image

ya those bugs will fkk us up bad. i have some damage that looks just like this one in ur pic. i went to walmart and i bought some other shit to mix with my neem its Garden Safe Brand called " houseplant and garden insect killer". the active ingredients is pyrethrins 0.02% and piperonyl butoxide 0.20%. this combo has totally stopped any more damage from happening. i did also up the dose of the neem as well but other then a few bug bites everthing is looking good. im gonna be taking my cages off this week as well.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
ya those bugs will fkk us up bad. i have some damage that looks just like this one in ur pic. i went to walmart and i bought some other shit to mix with my neem its Garden Safe Brand called " houseplant and garden insect killer". the active ingredients is pyrethrins 0.02% and piperonyl butoxide 0.20%. this combo has totally stopped any more damage from happening. i did also up the dose of the neem as well but other then a few bug bites everthing is looking good. im gonna be taking my cages off this week as well.

That's the stuff I used last year. IIRC that shit put an abrupt end to the bug damage I was having.

Keep an eye on the Green Poison. Last year the bugs only really fucked with them; the KC33 didn't get touched.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW

View Image

That's the stuff I used last year. IIRC that shit put an abrupt end to the bug damage I was having.

Keep an eye on the Green Poison. Last year the bugs only really fucked with them; the KC33 didn't get touched.
thanks i will keep a extra close eye on it. kc33 is just a outdoor tank and nothing phase it. that will be in my line up next year as well. i already got a list of new strains that im gonna be ordering after harvest this year lol they all are selected from multi reports on multi forums for mold resistance and big yeilds. i agree man ever since i mixed some this shit with the higher dose of neem i havent seen no new damage at all. the shit is surely expensive though which is why im only mixing it in when i see new damage. the neem has been holding them off very well though. im pretty happy with it over all.
The green poison is just starting to grow well again. when i first set it out it was the only plant that i didnt have a cage for and some critter dug it up so i used a couple drops of super thrive and 1.25ml of b-52 and replanted it and it survived. before this mishap it was one the most vigorous plants i have ever grew. it had nearly caught up to everthing else that i had out and it was germed 2-3 weeks later. i got it in the middle of a field so it gets direct sun from about 730am till 530 or 6pm and a another hour or 2 of ambient. i suspect it will grow huge in this spot now that the shock of being dug up is over.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Hopefully, I'm pretty sure shock has a lingering effect though, as in if a plant suffers sever shock and is stunted, it's kind of gimped for life If the shock is severe enough. I could be very wrong about that though.

Latest posts

Latest posts