What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Playin' in the Woods 2015

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Checked on the seeds I put out, most have sprouted through the surface of the soil. I have at least one in every hole, the only hole with three (freebies) happened to have 100% success rate thus far.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
5 Special Queen are going out to plot #2 tomorrow to join the 1 Special Queen already there.

Then I'm off to plot 3 to do some digging. If I make good time I might hit plot 4 too, it's only about 10 miles away from plot 3. Plots 3, 4, and 5 are each gonna get 5 Spontanica, Pineapple Chunk, and Special Queen respectively.

If there is room, I will spread out 2 KC33 and 4 Green Poison seeds I have from last year's harvest. Idk if they're fems or not so I'll plant them last and pay careful attention.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
5 Special Queen are going out to plot #2 tomorrow to join the 1 Special Queen already there.

Then I'm off to plot 3 to do some digging. If I make good time I might hit plot 4 too, it's only about 10 miles away from plot 3. Plots 3, 4, and 5 are each gonna get 5 Spontanica, Pineapple Chunk, and Special Queen respectively.

If there is room, I will spread out 2 KC33 and 4 Green Poison seeds I have from last year's harvest. Idk if they're fems or not so I'll plant them last and pay careful attention.

hell ya man i cant wait to see how the spotnica,pineapple chunk and special queen does this year. they are all on my list of guerilla strains to run. the special queen is dirt cheap as well so cant really go wrong with that one. my GP is growing at a incredible speed,its the most vigorous strain ive grown to date

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Went to plot #1 today, and the mini-greenhouses have had a near 100% success rate. I have at least one plant in every hole, most have 2 and the one has three.

Here are a couple pictures:

picture.php

picture.php

Gave those girls their very first (small) squirt of fertilizer today. Just enough to get their whistles wet. I'm expecting them to take off soon, we have temps in the low eighties this week, so I'm probably going to take the plastic cups off in a couple days.

I also tossed a bunch of fertilizer around the area today. Anywhere where there were animal paths, cover plants, anything. Threw that shit out like I was a flower girl at a wedding. Hopefully that helps the surrounding area grow in after the next couple rains. The fertilizer I use is Jack's Classic.

I also ordered some clover seeds today to throw on the dirt around the plants. Gonna hide the holes well, but I'll have to extra careful about snakes. Saw a rattler the other day.

Tomorrow I'm gonna water the Special Queens at plot 2. I have to room at plot 2 to expand it from 6 holes to 10 or 11, I'm just not sure if I want to yet. Tomorrow I'll have a final decision.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
how well did those special queen do for u last year bro? i remember u said something about it doing well but i cannot remember exactly what u said lol if ur not using a mix that has food it in then yes its cool to do exactly what ur doing Shakiraloba. i never believed that the plant could survive 2-3 weeks with just those cotyledons could provide for the plant at optimum levels either.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
The Special Queen weren't grown last year, but they were my first grow. They're hardy plants, can be left largely to fend for themselves, are done by the end of September, and they yield pretty well and the bud itself is pretty and smells amazing.

Damn potent too. Great guerilla strain and cheap to boot.

Things are going phenomenally at plot 1. Plants look nice, some have outgrown their mini greenhouses, and are health. I'll be out there tomorrow to give em another dose of food and to sow some clover seed.

Plot 2 there were some casualties. Soil drying out seems to be why (didn't rain like I thought it was going to), but the Special Queens didn't break through the dirt after a few days. Replanted with the Spontanica. 4/5 popped and 3 seedlings have pulled through. Then I put out 4 Pineapple Chunk. So 1 Special Queen, 3 Spontanica, and 4 Pineapple Chunk.

I've got a good feeling about em though. Getting ready to put 5 more Special Queen at plot 1 for a total of 12 holes spread out over the area.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
The Special Queen weren't grown last year, but they were my first grow. They're hardy plants, can be left largely to fend for themselves, are done by the end of September, and they yield pretty well and the bud itself is pretty and smells amazing.

Damn potent too. Great guerilla strain and cheap to boot.

Things are going phenomenally at plot 1. Plants look nice, some have outgrown their mini greenhouses, and are health. I'll be out there tomorrow to give em another dose of food and to sow some clover seed.

Plot 2 there were some casualties. Soil drying out seems to be why (didn't rain like I thought it was going to), but the Special Queens didn't break through the dirt after a few days. Replanted with the Spontanica. 4/5 popped and 3 seedlings have pulled through. Then I put out 4 Pineapple Chunk. So 1 Special Queen, 3 Spontanica, and 4 Pineapple Chunk.

I've got a good feeling about em though. Getting ready to put 5 more Special Queen at plot 1 for a total of 12 holes spread out over the area.

hell ya man its going on my list for 2016 for sure then and its cheap as hell. im glad to know its hardy with good smoke. I found a few reviews on nirvana swiss cheese that is hardy with good smoke as well. im gonna be on the hunt next year for a great outdoor cheese and already got a few that i will buy after harvest this year. 1 is cheese candy by delicious and the other is frecheese by french touch seeds. i got another in mind from emerald triangle called cheesey headband,but it will depend on how well the blueberry headband i got out this year does in terms of resistance on me buying that one. Everthing is looking great bro! it finally rained here yesterday which had been the first drop of rain this whole month. i been working my ass off carrying water and doing my Ipm sprays

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I just mixed my IPM spray today. Was going to go out and spray/feed, but it was raining today. I don't like going out in the rain, especially my one plot where my car is parked in a public lot. People would wonder - who goes hiking/birdwatching/whatever when it's raining out?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
All looks good at Plot 1!

All 7 holes have at least one good looking plant. It's easy to tell these young girls took well to their first dose of nutrients.
picture.php

picture.php

Some plants are healthier than others:

picture.php

You can see the one on the left in this picture fell over. It grew too big for the mini greenhouse and I think that stunted it/fucked it up.
picture.php

picture.php

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Plot 2 has seen better days. The Special Queen and (?) that went out first are doing good:
picture.php

The three Spontanica are all doing good as well, they look like this:
picture.php

And thus far only one of the Pineapple Chunk has sprouted. If it lives and another doesn't sprout, it will be my only one this year.

Next time I head to plot #2 I'm taking 5 germinated Special Queen with me.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
and they're off!

Here are some pics from Plot 1 5 days after the pics above were taken:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These two I'm going to leave together. All other holes have been culled down to one plant, but I'm going to leave these two ladies together. Both are too healthy to cull, I'm just going to tie them away from each other I think.

picture.php

This girl has got some bug bites. From now on when I spray my karanja oil, I'm going to spray one coat, let dry, and then spray a second coat. Every time.

picture.php

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Here are two more pics from Plot 1:

picture.php

picture.php

These girls are going to get a full dose of ferts for the first time next time I go see them, and then we're off to the races from there.

Plot 2 is a little lacking in comparison. The last Pineapple Chunk didn't make it. No Pineapple Chunk this year, fellas.

The three Spontanica are all healthy, and the hole that has two mystery plants (seeds got jumbled, so they could be Special Queens or UFOs or both) is looking great:

picture.php

I think I'm going to keep those two plants together as well.

Here is one of the Spontanica seedlings:
picture.php

I'm going to germ the rest of my seeds:

5 Special Queen
4 Green Poison (from last year, from fem plants, sex unknown)
2 KC33 (from last year, from fem plants, sex unknown)

I'm going to count on two not making it, and plant 3-4 per hole. That way I can have multiple little plants in one hole, to make the hole as a whole (pun intended) prosperous.

I may even start these ones indoors first. IDK how I feel about that necessarily, but it may work better than planting germinated seeds outside at this point.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Nice job man

Grazie mille

I might not go to plot 1 today like I had planned. They're probably still digesting the nutes I gave them on Monday (been ridin' em hard, they got a nice dose 5 days before that too), and it's going to rain a little bit the next couple days.

I feel I may air on the side of security on this one and just wait until Monday again to go there.

Plot 2 on the other hand I'm going out to tomorrow to put out the last Special Queen, Green Poison, and KC33.

Last edited:

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Plot 1 Update

Plot 1 Update

Sorry for the shitty quality pics, I couldn't see the screen as I was taking them today. These pics are 4 days after the last ones, the growth rate is pretty nice. Soon the plants will be too tall for the cages.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The clover never grew in. Next time I go out I'm going to have to cut some vegetation from the area to throw over the holes. I can't let that top layer of dried, bright dirt be showing.

I'm also going to increase the potency of my karanja oil/aloe spray. More potent insect spray, mixing my horsetail to combat PM and blight, and cutting foilage to cover up that dirt are my priorities now.

The following trip I will begin burying the hole-punched water bottles. These are my key to lightening the water burden. By pouring water through the bottles, it goes a few inches beneath the surface, so all the water goes to the roots instead of being lost to evaporation.

Latest posts

Latest posts