What's new

PC Case Growers Club

G

nice pics ruberciol, i agree that a pc is a great place to do crosses and make seeds, its compact and self contained

G

looks very well planned out and clean dwight, a "high" end model:D

anyway here are some shots from my pc thread

this was a stem 7 days ago:

and here are the PK in veg

Mr_Micro

Awesome lookin grows everyone!

I'm really glad to see more people trying their hand at PC case growing! There was a time when no one thought anything worth smoking could come out of a tiny little PC case, but this thread stands to prove em' wrong.

I too am a PC case grower with 1 grow under my belt so far. I used 2 PC cases, each housing 50 watt HPS combined with a 42 watt CFL (6500k for veg, 2700k for flowering) and a 1 gallon SWC tub. Started with 4 plants in each case and ended up with 2 in each case after sexing. Two Serious Seeds's Bubblegum, one DJ Short's True Blueberry, and one Sensi Seeds's Skunk #1.

Trained em with LST, fed em with Pureblend Pro and other good stuff, changed the water once a week, and watched em grow!
You can check out the entire grow to the very end in my thread here ----> http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=39837

But here's a few quick pics to give you an idea of what went into the PC cases and what came out of them!

G

Mr. Micro, glad to see you stopped by :wave:

after looking at your thread earlier i wanted to say i really cant get over how well you modded your pc to make a perfect chamber. the co2, scrubber and hid light really ram home the idea that any space, no matter what the size, can be manipulated into a bud producing machine. awesome work :joint:

G

well HOTC gave me some bad news about his pc grow and i have some bad from mine also... :badday:

i got a really bad infestation of fungus gnats and lost all my PK in there to them, i was able to save the small bush in there and get it into the flower room. nevertheless the pc will be undergoing some upgrades and changes and will be off or a while, hopefully all the rest of you will keep adding your great wisdom, thoughts and pics to this thread in the meantime:D

but i do have some good eyecandy from my DWC, my biggest girl at 34 days:

Mr_Micro

Damn man! Sorry to hear of your misfortune rkone! Give my condolences to HOTC too... tis a sad thing when a crop is lost, no doubt.

Thanks for all the props on my cases though! I was thinkin I was gonna start a new grow in my smaller PC case pretty soon, but now I've got the itch to build something new so I might wait on it a little bit.

I'm planning on building what could only be called a highly portable self contained nano grow box... unlike my previous PC cases this one will be entirely self contained and will be impossible to tell apart from a real PC even under close inspection of the outside of the case. The only cord running out of it will be the power cord coming out exactly where it should on the back of the case.

It's probably going to be suited for one plant, soil only, and the grow chamber will measure a mere 9" (L) x 7" (W) x 14" tall. Yup, thats right, only 14" tall LOL
Might sound crazy but I'm pretty sure I can do it with very short and wide soil containers, 12/12 straight from seed with a heavy indica strain, ScrOG, and a whole lotta creativity.

My last grow with the PC cases was really fun and I'm quite pleased with the results, but I'm looking for a bit more of a challenge for my next grow and I want a totally portable 100% stealth nano sized grow box thats low matinance and can be transported or stashed virtually anywhere.

So if your intrested in this insane plan, here's the case I'll be using for it ----> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108044

I've got almost everything for it completely worked out already, theres just one more decision left to make... the final size of the actual growing chamber portion of the case will be about 9" (L) x 7" (W) x 14" (H), so should I go with a 35 watt HPS with the ballast remoted to a seperate compartment in the rear of the case for electrical stuff, or should I go with two 45 watt CFLs, or perhaps even three 32 watt CFLs?

Hmm... 35 watt HPS, two 45 watt CFLs, or three 32 watt CFLs... decisions decisions...

I'm leaning twords the CFLs so I can use 6500k spectrum until flowers begin to show to keep the height down, but it will all come down to how much heat is given off. Whichever emits the smallest ammount of heat will be the best choice I think. LOL Anyone know how much heat a 35 watt HPS ballast gives off?

I've already done a test run in a similarly sized box with similar ventilation with two 42 watt CFLs and I can keep the temp to about 12*F above room temp., so I'm wondering if CFLs might be the safest bet here.

Who knows... but one way or another, I'm gonna find out LOL

G

and you know it :D

hopefully i will get another one started in there by the end of summer, after the bug season dies down a bit... :joint:

G

i had an issue that i had extra pc's lying around, 4 to be exact, but they were the real small ones, so i flipped it so it sits on its side where you would plug in your normal pc cables and what not.. this gives me roughly 20 inches of height to work with.. this is an experiment. i've never grown in a pc b4, so its kind of a challenge, to see how well i can maximize my yield.

6 26watt cfls, daylight 100s for veg, 2700k for flower.
120mm air cirulation in case sucking through half inch layer of carbon
90mm intake fan, 90mm outtake fan.

now on day 5 of 12/12, vegged for about 4 weeks. they are the white satin reloaded's from mandala seeds

ran 10ml of pbp during veg last week of veg i started using open sesame from ff, and really noticed an increase in bud spots opening up. i also use half a cap of superthrive per gallon of water as well. using very very little open sesame, maybe 3 - 4 ml per gallon. plan to run it until buds are quarter inch in size then switching to beastie bloomz and then back to pbp grow for the final week of flower. before going on a water only regiment for 1 week. planning on 65 days of flower from first sign of buds before harvesting.

now the part everyone wants, PICTURES!!!!

nto.jpg
day 1 of flower..

nto2.jpg

day 4 of flower..

will continue to post pictures as i see noticeable differences occur worth sharing.

are any of you using a 150w hps in your case ?

are any of you using a 150w hps in your case ?

just kinda wondering if anyone in here has used a 150w hps in a pc case with success? reason i ask is i have a cab not computer but height is 18" tall

G

i have occasion to make my own fertilizer from basis...
i wan to ask what is the best composition of trace elements for veg and flo...not only NPK but all...
maybe someone have picture of back etiquette from the bottle with good combination trace elements..

G

hk423- there hasnt been any recorded data on this forum with 150w hps in pc cases but HOTC said that back in the days of overgrow there were some. and if you read back a few pages i extended a challenge to anyone to document a full grow in a pc case with a 150watter...and the challenge still stands, however you wont get bad results from a 70w hps or even 46w of cfl.

djff-it would almost be easier to purchase a broad range fert with all micro/macro elements already included, but if your funds arent allowing any purchases im sorry but i can be of no further help. i havent created my own fert from sratch....yet, so if you get a good recipe make sure you post it

Latest posts

Latest posts