What's new

PC Case Growers Club

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys, I love this thread. After I get finished with my current 600W I'm going down to a pc grow, it's not that I don't have the space or equipment, just gonna do it for the fun of it. This thread is an inspiration :D

Agreed Sammet, I have a server case ready to build. I have a 70w HPS ready to go in when I get my new 150w HPS. This thread is indeed an inspiration !

Mr Ballyhoo

rkrone I have been watering daily and feeding them this miracle grow bloom booster stuff once a week. As I said I'm new to this entire thing and I'm kinda learning as I go here. What do you guys suggest when it comes to plant food? Also I just noticed that both my Metal Halide lamps are burned out. I don't know it someone touched them with bare hands or what but I'm not too happy since those things ain't cheap. I'm just going to run the 2 100 watt cfl and 2 40 watt cfl's I might run to the hardware store and buy two more 100 watt and just role from there and get the HPS lamps in another week or so, so come flowering stage I can just throw them in. Also how did you guys build your carbon filters? I finally found some carbon filter mats so I cut one to fit over the fan. Do I need to layer them or build a filter box? Right now the one sheet isn't cutting it and my room had that certain aroma going.

Thanks for your help guys,
Ballyhoo

G

first off, dont water daily...only when the plants pot dries out does it need to be watered, secondly, there are a ton of different nutes you can use, i personally use the foxfarm line. thirdly, be careful how much wattage you jam into that case...with pc cases more isnt neccessarily better as you can run into heat/space issues. as for the scrubber, sugabear posted a link to his compact scrubber at my request a few pages back in this thread...it really is the way to go for pc scrubbers.

sirharrynuggz

Props to all you pc growers!! I love it, I'll have to give her a shot myself.

p.s. I noticed Jim Halpert and Dwight Schroot are in here! Are you both growing in your pc's in "The Office", lol.

G

they are lol...their dwc pc case thread is a great read in the grow diaries section if you havent already checked it out

soxx16

here's mine! pics were taken last night. they are on day 15 of flower right now, or 16. i dont remember.

from the bag

and the rhino

you know what to do... :joint:

Hi!
Here is something from me, i hope you will like it:)

As soon as I'll instal glass under HPS 70W I will start with growing something for a personal smoke, hehe. Wish me luck:)

Regards

alih92

I have a question how are you turning on those bulbs? All the cfl bulbs in my house are in the wall with these sockets... how did you put that in the computer. I plan to do a scrog mini grow using cfls can someone please tell me what i need to put bulbs in my case oh and how can i wire 90mm case fans to a 12 volt adaptor i really dont wanna pay the bill for a constantly running 400 watt psu.

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
i had some clip-lights that i got home depot a few years back, theyre normal light sockets, that clip onto stuff, ill take a picture later

alih92

This is what my grow shopping list looks like so far im still undecided on some things though, help me out please.
My Minigrow
Scrog Bubbler Supplies:
Elite 800 Air Pump $8.00
6" Air Stone $3.00
10ft Airline tubing $2.50
Hexagon Poultry Netting, 2" Mesh, 24" X 50 Ft $10.00
Case:
Lights:
Power:
Fans:
VANTEC TD9238H 92mm Case Fan (2) $20.00
Mylar:
Reflective MYLAR 25' ROLL $15.00
Pots:
10 3" Round Net Pot $3.90
Cloning:
Seedling Tray w/holes $2.50
Humidity Dome $2.25
50 Peat Pellets $4.00
Misc:
Twist Ties $3.00
25 Stakes $1.00
Timer $13.00
20-20-20 All-Purpose Formula $9.00
Growing Media:
Hydroton Grow Rocks 10L $12.00

I'm deciding on 2 40 watt cfls or a 125 watt envirolite and how would i hook these up? Also how can i turn on those fans with out using a computer power supply unit?

Last edited:

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
you want a hydro pc-grow? thats pretty cool, ive never grown MJ in water before, seems like too much of a hassle

G

clorox said:
you want a hydro pc-grow? thats pretty cool, ive never grown MJ in water before, seems like too much of a hassle

omgoodness are you in for a treat...growing in anything but water is a hassle for sure....the Dirt drives me insane...its Dirty by name hahaha

G

alih92-you should definitely check out dwight schroots dwc pc thread in grow diaries, they run a superb pc dwc with multiple plants and cfl

There should be a complete how to on how to do this, I got a pc case but need help on the wiring part and removing all the organs of the pc

G

in gutting a pc a construction yard term comes to mind....demolition...do what you have to to remove the guts...pliers, dremels, drills, knives, if you think you can use it, use it.

alih92

Yes im gonna do a pc bubbler grow but now im confused on how i could light the bulbs and how i can connect the pc fans to a 12-60 volt adaptor i dont wanna pay for a constantly running 400 watt computer supply.

Latest posts

Latest posts