What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PC Case Growers Club

G

highonthecroni+c said:
Nice and frosty Qbert

How long were they veg'd for again?
believe it or not she poked her head above soil on 1/14/07
She showed her first flowers on 3/6/07

There were some serious issues with soil aeration, nute burn, N def., etc. that slowed things for the first month or so.

so she's um... smaller... hehe.

G

qbert, was it easy for you to extend the wires running from the socket of your lamp?

awesome looking plants too:D

Stealth420

Hydro PC case w/LEDs

Hydro PC case w/LEDs

Hello growers, I love the stealth aspect of the PC case. Anyone done a PC case using LEDs and growing with hydroponics? I have not created a case yet, but plan on it for vegative growth, then moving the plants to a seperate stealth cabinet for flowering. My plan is to squeeze as many LEDs as possible into the case. Utilizing a SWC hydroponic method. my goal is to be as stealth as possible. PEACE! :smoweed:

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
Hi there Stealth420 and welcome!

Look around here, there are a few LED threads. The general consensus is that you need a huge amount of them to be efficient. AFAIK they will be very inefficient in a micro/small grow.

Best to stick to the norm - use CFL's or HPS etc :D

Peace :wave:

G

rkrone,

It was easy as pie.

Took one heavy duty extension cord and sliced it open.
Cut a couple feet of the black and white wires.
Discarded the green wire (ground)
Snipped the old 6" wires in the middle.
Stripped a half inch off the ends.
Soldered it all up.

Also took the time to go through all the wiring in the ballast and remove wire nuts, solder the connections, and replace the nuts again.

Its all shut down now though due to a security breach. Hope to get her all running again soon.

gonna have to wait a bit tho :drum:

G

awesome man, this really makes things easier for me my girls are out-growing their home and i need to mod the dome hepot hps they are under

prime

Can you believe this is from two CLFs with a combined power of about 55watts. My first one! its nearing harvest boys!

4-13-FLOWERS+006.jpg

4-13-FLOWERS+003.jpg

4-13-FLOWERS+008.jpg

4-13-FLOWERS+002.jpg

srry about the WF stamps, just my host.

b10narybud

damn.... thats some nice lookin buds.. i've got buds..but they refuse to show trichromes..

and thats some crazy ass twisted stemmage you got going on too!

G

nice lookin buds there prime,

heres a brief update on my thread pics
3 PK crosses at approx day 14

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys, I really love reading about these PC grows, they're amazing.

Prime, that 2nd photo is breathtaking.

G

i shut down my rubbermaids just moments ago and killed 3 plants and ut back a fourth almost to just a stem and i threw it in my pc in hopes to restart veg

the stem before

and after

soxx08

ive got two pcs right now. two bagseeds, two white rhino, and a dream goddess bean i got from a friend. hopefully ill end up with some solid smoke.

G

Some 70 Watt HPS Goodness... I'm at 7 weeks flower and my buds are gettin bulky. You CFL growers don't know what you're missin out on :joint:

Lift

DWC PC Case

DWC PC Case

This project is a collaboration between myself and JlMH4LPERT.
After we completely gutted the server tower case, we cut the power supply to keep only the back panel so the original PC power cord is still working and attached through the power supply and into a power strip inside the case also kept the powersupply fan as our exhaust. also kept a fan on the front as an intake which luckily already has a filter in front of it

Two 24 watt (100watt equivelent) full spectrum CFLs from Home Depot
Air pump with 4 inch airator stone in the resevoir.
Using General Hydroponics Flora 3-part system completely changing out the water every week or two and watering in between.

Only thing currently visible on the outside of the case are 2 small home made carbon scrubbers in the back.

Here are a few pics:
Front of the case:

Back of the case with the carbon filters:

Case door open:

Two 24 watt CFLs and the air pump:

Light Timer/Fan Controller, etc.

Most Recent (Day 22):

Last edited:

blakhash

you might want to get a PH meter SOON i had the same problem as you with the saggy plant and spots its coming from a PH imbalance. you can pick up a ph test kit from a fish store for like 9 bucks.

G

hey

its true that i need from bulb: about 2700K for flo and 6400K na veg, real less Kal for flo and more on veg