What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Growers becoming obsolete

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I gave 75 tubes of NL pre-rolled (2 .5gr joints per tube) to a friend who couldn't grow this year. All flower, no shake. He hit me with jars a couple years ago.

About 5 years ago, friends decided to start growing again after a simple comment.
"I could out grow any of you, any day."

"You can't grow tomatoes."
"Your lawn is a sandbox."
...​
Game on!
Only 1 rule. 100% Organic and no spraying.

It's come full circle. When we were young men, it was nothing for someone to walk into a party and throw bags of weed around. But we mostly smoked hash back then. Most of them still want their hash, and everyone is throwing weed around again. Only this time it's trimmed buds as opposed to seeds and sticks (It's a pride thing now. lol).

Dispensaries won't be getting rich off us. :biggrin:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Evening old stoners ... remember if tomorrow is above ground it will be the start of a good day....

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
So now that we are off to a great start....take your meds so you can make it through the day.

picture.php

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Bourbon it is then!

:friends:

Old ideas get in the way like we do.

In with the new....

I'm going to drink at the old kids table.

gmanwho

Veteran
And here i thought we already had the fishstick thread for old growers becoming obsolete

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

CrushnYuba

My neighbor is giving away about 20 lbs...
hehehe...

I don't need it but I know folks who can use it and may get some just to turn into edibles and wax to give away.
I hope my crop lasts me until next season.

I will give anyone free fresh ganja. As much as they can smoke. As long as they aren't regifting or selling it, it's free. Every year when outs nearing outdoor harvest time i end up with around 50lbs from the past year i didn't do anything with and i give it away to anyone that will take it. I gave a big box full of weed to my neighbor. He is getting to old to grow so he hung up his spurs last year.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
And here i thought we already had the fishstick thread for old growers becoming obsolete

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good point and I started reading that thread....thank you for that....

But us old farts ought to have a place to hang out with the lawn bowlers and others that feed the pigeons in the park......

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
My buddy just joined a lawn bowling club to drum up business (he's a real estate agent). He's 60 and the youngest on the team and always baked. They think he's just borderline senile. lol

redlaser

Veteran
I will give anyone free fresh ganja. As much as they can smoke. As long as they aren't regifting or selling it, it's free. Every year when outs nearing outdoor harvest time i end up with around 50lbs from the past year i didn't do anything with and i give it away to anyone that will take it. I gave a big box full of weed to my neighbor. He is getting to old to grow so he hung up his spurs last year.

There is a newer organization called Caladrius in Nevada County Ca. that is focused on providing cannabis oil for sick children. They take cannabis donations and lab test it to assure its useable and make oil for kids with various often fatal diseases.

One of the guys starting it (Forest Hurd) has a child that has been helped. They have helped approx. 200 children since starting in 2016.

It is an all volunteer situation, from start to finish. Even the lab has donated all the testing being done.

They have a website, facebook, and IG page to look at and get in contact with if interested. I’ve dropped a few totes with them this year.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I think there will always be a certain group of people on these sites. Growers speak a different language than smokers....even avid smokers.

I just got back from picking up supplies at the grow store and ended up seeing and talking with some old growers my age. We talked for an hour or so just chewing the fat. We touched on prices, strains and where the industry is heading. Smokers don't speak that language.

Ended up having a great visit. Wish there was more of us old farts running around.

dddaver

Veteran
I didnt know if you had decided to give it a go or just an 'OK to do' opinion.

What state do you live in? Hauled of to prison for one plant? Even here in Florida, growing one plant does not make 'prison'..
but I do understand paranoia.. good luck, go for it..

Dude, it very much depends on where you are in FL. In NW FL, or ultra conservative southern Ala-fuckin-bama, it's way different than the other parts. But everywhere ANY cultivation is a felony, More than 28 grams, less than an ounce, is a felony. NO MMJ here. No smoke anywhere in FL anyway.