What's new

Old Growers becoming obsolete

St. Phatty

Dude, it very much depends on where you are in FL. In NW FL, or ultra conservative southern Ala-fuckin-bama, it's way different than the other parts. But everywhere ANY cultivation is a felony, More than 28 grams, less than an ounce, is a felony. NO MMJ here. No smoke anywhere in FL anyway.

What Florida town needs it the most ? (in terms of attitude adjustment)

CrushnYuba

There is a newer organization called Caladrius in Nevada County Ca. that is focused on providing cannabis oil for sick children. They take cannabis donations and lab test it to assure its useable and make oil for kids with various often fatal diseases.

One of the guys starting it (Forest Hurd) has a child that has been helped. They have helped approx. 200 children since starting in 2016.

It is an all volunteer situation, from start to finish. Even the lab has donated all the testing being done.

They have a website, facebook, and IG page to look at and get in contact with if interested. I’ve dropped a few totes with them this year.

I have heard of him. I am going to reach out. I love how progressive my little town is!

BlindDate

Veteran
Been away for several months. Returned to find 15 pages of inspiration. Even Gypsy chimed in on this thread. As more and more weed becomes legal the price will fall like a rock. I predict that it will end at about 25% higher than the price of tomatoes. I feel sorry for all those venture capitalist pouring millions into massive indoor grow operations. Imagine building a high tech indoor grow for tomatoes. The farmers are laughing. The new future of pot is what you do with it after you grow it. Hey Gypsy, that should be what your new site is all about. Thanks Guys!

Hydro8

I went to an old guys house(older then me) the other day he has been growing since the 70s. He grows 10 plants or so every year outside gives them a rough trim. He had a few tubs of outdoor weed from 2 years ago he was trying to give away. He is just dub founded it is "not worth any thing".
I told him he should try making some concentrates or hash, he says that is stupid this is the best weed right here.

He is stuck in the 70s-90s smokes joints, reads magazines, mail order catalogs on the end table next to a landline phone. lol

Great guy, I love smoking joints with him and listening to him tell stories of days long ago. I take him stuff I grow and he tries to give me as much outdoor as he can before I leave.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I am stuck in the 60's and early 70's in many ways. That is the music I listen to mostly. I still wear faded blue jeans and many values I hold are from that time....

@ Hydro, how are ya? You mentioned joints. Many many years ago I used to take so much pride in how well I rolled a joint. Started out with Bugler rolling papers then graduated to Zig Zag. I smoked joints long after my friends graduated to pipes, bongs and the like.

Today I use a one hitter for flavor. I never smoke a joint anymore. Problem...after a couple of hits it all tastes the same.....ash!! May not be that way for a lot of you but for me ash......

As far as what has happened since becoming legal....I am still doing my thing. Prices have dropped and may have moved on to edibles, vapes and concentrates....not me.

Marijuana has been a large part of my life since the 60's and will always be....I'm not obsolete...I am a dinosaur....

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Anyone viewing this thread who's still smoking joints and stuck in the 70's - 90's should think of themselves as a pioneer, not a dino.:moon:

positivity

Veteran
I think the old ways will continue on. This new stuff has a limited shelf life though I think
Old growers becoming obsolete...basically saying planting and growing outside is obsolete.

Most don't seem to realize how far off that is from reality. One of my favorite articles was a study showing no lung damage from a joint a day. I love that article

https://www.medicaldaily.com/smokin...s-if-its-joint-day-even-after-20-years-318432

I have different experience with pipes...tried mine the other day and immediately went back to the joint. It needs to be grown a certain way though.

Muleskinner

Veteran
personally I read the New York Times newspaper every morning as I sit there listening to college radio on FM.

I feel like I'm getting smarter and people reading shit on little 3-inch screens are getting dumber.

Sure weed is going to get cheaper, but home-brewing of beer is still a huge hobby. IMO it's more fun to grow plants than brew beer, but maybe that's just me. I see very few options for 100% organic soil grown weed in the legal stores & dispensaries. It's different than beer - it becomes very difficult to grow killer organic weed at a large scale.

With beer you can produce the absolute highest quality with huge commercial brewing vats. It's probably easier to produce high-quality beer at a commercial scale. Hand-trimmed organic soil buds, the only kind I've been consuming for 18 years, will never get that cheap.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
@ Muleskinner...I still read the news paper. I like all the ad's catering to old folks. Hearing aids, joint replacement, new meds and so on.... I do like the local stuff but most things on a national or world level just pisses me off.

@ positivity...hoping you are right about no lung damage from years of smoking....I worry about that. I can still hike straight up the side of a mountain and pass most all who are in front of me but I have noticed recently I wheeze and can't hold huge hits anymore. If I try and take a really big hit and hold it....I can't....cough my brains out and wheeze for a few minutes after. So, smaller hits more often....hence a one hitter.

@ giggle....how are ya? Believe me my body looks more like a dinosaur than a pioneer.

Every day above ground is a good day....

Hydro8

@ Putembk I am doing well and You ?

Joints ha ! I have rolled thousands of joints, I can still roll a great joint. I rolled with almost every kind of paper from expensive ZigZag 1&1/2 to packs of glueless papers that tasted like burning notebooks. We used to travel with the glueless papers to the tropics because the glued paper would melt together.

Good memories ! I still love to roll a good joint.

I am stuck on metal pipes, never did get into the glass things. I have owned glass pipes but still prefer metal. In the 80s I used to go to the headshop and build my own pipes out of the metal pieces. I still do and the shop owners look at me like I am an old cheap skate. They will tell me metal is "toxic", toxic to sells profit maybe. as I pay for my $15 pipe. lol

@ Muleskinner I also think of growing as brewing beer. It is just fun and rewarding to make your own stuff, it's a hobby. Everyone I know loves to watch their plants grow

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
If I tried to roll a "J" today with these arthritic hands it would look like a pregnant cow with shit hanging out the ends.....

I'm doing well Hydro. Take care and stay safe....

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
Omg. A few weeks ago somebody laughed at me here at the board because I still make hash the traditional way. Dry sifted and pressed into hash.

That person called it so 80's and 90's.
I got in a big PM debate with him.

I still don't understand why blasting your herb with nasty toxic chemicals like butane, hexane, pentane, IPA,...etc makes your smoke better.

That stuff you're 'dabbing' tastes like a$$ to me.
My dry sift hash -which bubbles- has an enormous flavour and will rip your face off.
All the terpenes are still preserved and not blasted, vacuumed, washed,...off. And no synthetic terpenes are mixed in at the end.

I don't care if the labresults on your smoke says it has a higher THC. It tastes like a$$.
I'll just take 2 tokes of mine instead then, if that's the only thing what matters.

And then the cost of making such hash... Mine cost nothing to make. And I use a tumbler, that machine does all the work for me while I'm laying down in the couch. Trying to remember where that I placed my lighter and not worrying about blowing up my house.

Claiming your smoke is healthier is also absurd. Because you vaporize it and not burn it.
Yours contains residual chemicals from that nasty toxic chemical proces!

Maybe one day I'll try rosin. That might maybe still up my alley.

Rant off.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I still do hash the old fashioned way....kudos to you my friend...no butane for me....I like my house...

Hydro8

If I tried to roll a "J" today with these arthritic hands it would look like a pregnant cow with shit hanging out the ends.....

I'm doing well Hydro. Take care and stay safe....

I roll us a J one of these days. We can smoke it and talk about when cars had no emissions and the hills were not crowded with idiots. lol I keep meaning to get a pack of rolling papers. I wonder if convince stores still have them.

@Cvh, I do dry sift, I don't have a good place to mess with solvents. I am like Putembk I like my house and my eye brows.

I did make a small batch alcohol hash a while back it came out like the old school black hash tasted like it also, brought back some memories.

ronbo51

Veteran
I use a glass one hitter all the time. Simple. Perfect. I don't like smoking bowls at all. I just picture all the trichomes vaporizing after the first few seconds on a lighter or match and all the good flavor is gone. My Pax 3 is pretty damn good for vaping flower. Those first 2 pulls really packs some flavor. I can use it inside the house and it doesn't stink the place up. I have Orange Cookies x Black Lime I just harvested last night. Can't wait to see what these are like.

Ready4

Veteran
Thanks to all for some great laughs !
Ice water hash is so easy to do and tastes great. Bought a vape pen recently. I get that they are very convenient to use - but not convinced that they are "more healthy". Unless you are making your own oil, who knows what exactly is in there ??? 80% cart is good, but what is the other 20% ???
"Obsolete" ? Not at all ! Anybody that that we are "obsolete" to, do not deserve the best product - large commercial "budweiser bud" will never be able to compete with small self grown "old" masters : > )

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Good group.

@ Hydro. Yup would love to hook up again. We are from the same breed of peeps.

@ronbo 51 means you are a year younger than me.....Pax...I like it. Model I have needs cleaning to often. Everything tastes the same....good but the same. And you tend to use a lot of product. Make me wheeze....have been told to use on a lower setting and take smaller hits...

@ Ready....I don't think we will ever be obsolete....we just need to pass on the same passion that we have had for 50 years now....

Think this obsolete old fart will take another hit and then another....be well all

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I noticed last summer several grow shops near me closed down. I get to travel further to get my various amendments. I would rather buy locally, but I guess I will get some stuff off the internet.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I get a lot of stuff off of Amazon. They are fast, rarely make mistakes and cheaper that the local grow store...plus no tax most of the time...

Latest posts

Latest posts