What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Growers becoming obsolete

Klompen

Amazon is a really terrible company though. I generally prefer eBay. Cheaper, often faster, usually free shipping, and just as safe to buy from.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Amazon is a really terrible company though. I generally prefer eBay. Cheaper, often faster, usually free shipping, and just as safe to buy from.
I use Amazon quite often, wht's so bad about them? On Ebay, the seller is the warranty and not always the most responsive. Most vendors are good but one must be alert for the scammers.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
You can get everything from.... The Hell If I Know...to..... The Cotton Eyed Joe.... there as well. Just takes me seconds to order something.

I know a couple of guys that buy and sell on E Bay though that have done well. Gotta know your shit though.....not for me.

Mengsk

Any thoughts on dry sift tumblers or machines? With dry ice or cooling maybe?

The information is all here on the forums. From a few years ago to today it is the same I believe.

Searching for ways to make kief, hash, or extract. I suppose yield and labour are my biggest concerns. I know how to use a little solvent and purge it properly but yes I guess I remain suspicious about ppm levels, fumes, something along those lines. With kief or water hash I'm more concerned about waste or % recovery. I've tried bubble bags once wet and dry, worked well enough, and now I hear people saying even water hash loses some of the flavor.

I can see using the post-water hash material for another process, like cooking for edible oil, but I don't know how the math works out there. Obviously pure resin crystals are best but I am guessing you get something like ten times as many "doses" from edible oil preparation with the same material vs making water hash. Any advice or pointers are appreciated.

Cvh

Supermod
Any thoughts on dry sift tumblers or machines? With dry ice or cooling maybe?

I use tumblers. Dry ice can be used. But I don't have easy acces to it. I just need to refreeze my material in the freezer.

Somebody on the board just recently asked me how that proces works. Below is an excerp what I replied to that person.
I'm no expert myself. But the best quality I can make with it is bubble hash that barely leaves any ash behind. Almost full melt hash.

I almost always turn my stash into hash. It takes up little space and can be stored for many years. Hash forms an outside layer which protects the inside from degradation. Also you smoke much less plant material.

For starters, I don't just use trim or fanleaves as many do.
I actually don't use trim or fanleaves. I throw it away, I use primo bud.

I trim, dry and cure my flowers first at the normal way. Sometimes I cure for many months.

I then grind up by hand (no grinder) all my flower. I then freeze it. And then proces it in a rotary drum sift aka 'kief tumbler'. The kief is collected and pressed with a pollen press and by hand into hash. Large volumes needs a pneumatic press (2 to 20 ton of pressure) and hash pressing plates.

With a tumbler I can make different grades of hash. I do it like so:

First run: 5 minutes. This kief is collected and stored seperate. This is the highest quality. Also know as the headhash or hashmakers smoke. This quality is very rarely sold on the market by any hashmaker. This is highly sought after by hashlovers. Many times it's even Bubble hash. Hash that barely leaves any ash behind.

Refreeze: (the grind up bud) for minimum 20 mins.

Second run: 15 mins. Kief is collected and stored seperate. This is class 1 hash. Or primo grade. This is the highest quality hash usually available on the market. This hash has many times also a slight bubble to it.

Refreeze: 20-60 mins. It needs to be completely frozen.

3th run: 20 mins. Kief is stored seperately. This is class 2. Medium quality.

And then I do more runs to get any remaining kief out:
Refreeze: 20-60 mins.
Run it for 20 mins.
Refreeze and Repeat until no more kief is collected.
This will be the lowest quality.

Tumblers come in many price categories and quality. Ranging from 100$ to many thousands of dollars.
The same for hash presses. They start from as low as 10$ to many thousands.

With just around 150$ (including shipping) it is possible to have a tumbler and hash press that if treated carefully can last you a lifetime.

Let me know if you have any more questions or that something isn't clear. Or need links to tumblers or hash presses. Or need info on how to use a tumbler. Tumblers needs to be run at the correct speed so that it would scrape across the screen and not get pushed against the screen (and locked) because of strong centrifigual forces. I can explain to you how to set the correct speed if you own one day a tumbler.
The same applies for the forces needed to press kief into hash. And when to stop pressing.

Klompen

I use Amazon quite often, wht's so bad about them? On Ebay, the seller is the warranty and not always the most responsive. Most vendors are good but one must be alert for the scammers.

Actually eBay has a money back guarantee that doesn't require the seller if you pursue it properly. I've had good luck with it. I am not saying its safer than Amazon necessarily, but generally its at least equally so. I've sold through both platforms and it would have been much easier to scam people through Amazon's seller pages for a variety of reasons I'm not eager to share.

As for why they are a bad company...... Well for starters Bezos took $600,000,000 from the CIA to develop a cloud computing system and Bezos used almost half of that money to buy the Washington Post. The head of the CIA at the time was the one who effectively started the "Russiagate" nonsense, and the Washington Post has been a major mouthpiece of this nonsense.

Also, Amazon has some serious issues when it comes to treating employees well. Unsafe working conditions, anti-union leadership, and they've even designed wrist bands designed to buzz workers if they aren't moving enough. They also treat publishers incredibly bad and that goes doubly so for very small publishers.

beta

Veteran
The head of the CIA at the time was the one who effectively started the "Russiagate" nonsense, and the Washington Post has been a major mouthpiece of this nonsense.

It's cool how you make wild accusations with zero evidence. That must be why you believe outrageous conspiracy theories.

CaptainDankness

But will those companies add nicotine/sales for the addiction factor?

My weed has not been 'treated' in any way! or I would know:bigeye:

They would have to admit nicotine was in the product. I'm sure some options will be available even today you can buy a blunt wrap at just about any corner store in America. Funny thing is this one guy (quit tobacco) by smoking blunts, lol, I'm just like "dude each blunt has about the same amount of tobacco as a damn cigarette." Lol

But they may end up adding in some chemicals to preserve the weed like cigarettes, of course majority won't care. I'd personally just be smoking my home grown of course I'd be buying clones of some of the best available weed to grow, I can only imagine the clone onlys possible if a company or 10 starts selections on thousands upon thousands of seed plants. A reliable clone farm that provides exactly what they advertise.

Sure some parts of legalization might suck but in the long run it's going to be the best thing for the plant.

Klompen

It's cool how you make wild accusations with zero evidence. That must be why you believe outrageous conspiracy theories.

Au contraire! I actually refuse to believe a conspiracy theory. That makes me a skeptic.

Its an absolute fact that John Brennan(Obama's CIA head) both contracted Bezos for that 600 million dollar deal and that he was the one who told congress that Russia attempted to sabotage our election in 2016.

Congress just recently grilled Google's CEO about Russian interference and they found that suspected Russia agents spent a grand total of 4700 dollars(or the cost of a used Prius as Jimmy Dore puts it) across all of Google's media platforms. Can our elections be swung by the cost of a used Prius?

Prove to me that the "Russiagate" conspiracy theory is actually true, and then I'll take it seriously. Until then I require evidence before I accept something as a fact. If you don't have any solid evidence that it actually happened then that actually makes you the conspiracy theorist.

St. Phatty

Au contraire! I actually refuse to believe a conspiracy theory. That makes me a skeptic.

"Conspiracy Theory" is a common accusation in the left-wing gatekeeper community, e.g. Alternet.org

Of course, the study of conspiracy fact is what history is all about.

Paradoxically, American children are raised on a steady diet of conspiracy theory.

e.g. the K-12 version of the Kennedy assassination.

e.g. the Holocaust Hoax.

e.g. the US gov. version of 9-11.

Klompen

"Conspiracy Theory" is a common accusation in the left-wing gatekeeper community, e.g. Alternet.org

Of course, the study of conspiracy fact is what history is all about.

Paradoxically, American children are raised on a steady diet of conspiracy theory.

e.g. the K-12 version of the Kennedy assassination.

e.g. the Holocaust Hoax.

e.g. the US gov. version of 9-11.

I agree with this for the most part but I am unclear what you mean about "Holocaust Hoax". There was definitely a Holocaust. The big lie is who actually financed it and how it ties in to the creation of Israel. There may be some other lies around it as well, but there was definitely mass slaughter facilities killing a few million people of various kinds.

Ready4

Veteran
For all the "old" growers : > ) Just passing how awesome using Blackstrap Molasses is in growing awesome plants. Most of these so-called "amendments" & high priced nutes are a big scam. Have been getting back to supplementing with Blackstrap molasses regularly & very happy with results. Great source of mag/cal & other nutrients, some of the sativas really shine and rock with feedings.

Happy Holidays to all !

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I agree with this for the most part but I am unclear what you mean about "Holocaust Hoax". There was definitely a Holocaust. The big lie is who actually financed it and how it ties in to the creation of Israel. There may be some other lies around it as well, but there was definitely mass slaughter facilities killing a few million people of various kinds.

Oh it happened alright. But the big lie is ignoring the 80 million Chinese and 20 million Russians that died.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Thinking the same thing Ready4. I thought we were talking about old farts dying off, worthless or whatever.

Klompen

Molasses is excellent stuff. Be careful not to overdo it on coco-based media though. They're already very high in potassium and molasses not only helps make it available, but it contains quite a bit of it. Its not a big worry, just don't go crazy with it.

redlaser

Veteran
Molasses has potassium mostly with some mg and Ca. What I understand it’s primary use to be is food for multiplying microbes. One idea or school of thought is that too much will have microbes focusing on molasses for food instead of breaking down your amendments for the plants,

Latest posts

Latest posts