What's new

NGB Connoisseur Cab

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Update on that blueberry?

Your cabinet is amazing... also what nutes are you using and how much airstones are in your flowering tub?

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
HerbGlaze said:
Update on that blueberry?

Your cabinet is amazing... also what nutes are you using and how much airstones are in your flowering tub?

Hi HerbGlaze, I'll be harvesting tomorrow night when the kids go to sleep but i'll pull the entire hydro system out in the morning so I can get some good flower pics in natural sun light for all of you so you can really see how frosy thay are. I'll also take pics of the harvest itself.

Thanks for the great complement.

I use BC Nutes from Technaflora Plant Products LTD. You can see a pic on page 1 of my thread.

Right now I have two air stones. A six inch air stone and a 12 inch air stone.
The hydro unit has four holes for four air stones which I should have been using but I get way too stoned. :rasta:

tripnoncid

wow looks really good man! I think you should keep it all in one thread....I am really interested on how you will do a perpetual harvest in this cab....I managed to build a small dripper system that will fit in one of these cabs so that the rez temps won't matter as much.
trip

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
tripnoncid said:
wow looks really good man! I think you should keep it all in one thread....I am really interested on how you will do a perpetual harvest in this cab....I managed to build a small dripper system that will fit in one of these cabs so that the rez temps won't matter as much.
trip

Thanks Tripnoncid, The buds turned out better than I thought. Very stinky.

Thanks for letting me now your opinion on the subject. I will keep it in this thread than.

Stay tuned I'll have pictures up of the 6 new systems and first set of plants in the cab tomorrow. Right now I'm harvesting the rest of my blueberry.

Tell me more of your drip system. how much space does it take up?

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
I couldn't wait to harvest some of the blueberry last night but I did manage to take a few pics before the camera went dead.

Check out the color in this pic!

Here is a little closer on a different bud.

I still can't seem to get good clear pics with my cam.. You can still see how frosty thay are, just not how I like.

After I harvested about half last night this is what the cab looked like. They are some pretty fat buds for 150s.

I still have more pics to show you all just have to upload them when I get the chance.

Great pics, congrats on a successful run! Hopefully many more to come. I hate to ask redundant questions but regarding my question earlier about topping, its just straight cutting a branch halting any further growth by that branch right? Also when i started my grow i wanted to attempt having several single small dwc tubs with a single plant under its own individual screen to hopefully have a staggered harvest. My question for you was...i hope i can word this correctly to avoid confusion. You mentioned that you advised vegging until 2/3 of the screen was filled then starting the flowering process, my question is is it possible for me to achieve idea of having small screens dedicated to their own plant? Essentially im wondering if the SCROG is dependent on the plant or if you can make it any size you want? Blah i hope im making sense im just trying to figure out the best way to utilize my 4x4x8 tent and a scrog setup.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Phantom594 said:
Great pics, congrats on a successful run! Hopefully many more to come. I hate to ask redundant questions but regarding my question earlier about topping, its just straight cutting a branch halting any further growth by that branch right?

correct-Any further growth for the top of the branch that has been topped. What you are doing is making the latteral branches on the side of the stem to start growing out. so instead of having one main bud site you can have quit a few of them.

Also when i started my grow i wanted to attempt having several single small dwc tubs with a single plant under its own individual screen to hopefully have a staggered harvest.

If you wanted to have a perpetual harvest with scrog you would need the same amount of veg space as you do flowering space. This is because you still have to train the plant into the screen and you can't do it in a perpetual flower room because the light has to be on 12/12 24/7. So you have to make shure your veg room can hold the screens you'll be using in the flower room.

My question for you was...i hope i can word this correctly to avoid confusion. You mentioned that you advised vegging until 2/3 of the screen was filled then starting the flowering process, my question is is it possible for me to achieve idea of having small screens dedicated to their own plant?

Yes you can if you don't mind the extra work of changing out multiple units and training.

Essentially im wondering if the SCROG is dependent on the plant or if you can make it any size you want? Blah i hope im making sense im just trying to figure out the best way to utilize my 4x4x8 tent and a scrog setup.

You can make it as big as you want with as many plants you want. If you have one plant you would have to veg for a very long time to fill the screen. You could also put a small number of clones under the screen for less veg time. Another down side of having a large screen is being able to reach into the back to train your plant(s) correctly.
I hope I've been of service.

Capital thread. I'm looking to keep my initial overlay into this small but powerful and the NGB box is the prototype of a box I can fabricate on my own with my small amount of tools. When I'm not so stoned I'll have some detailed questions about the fabrication and silencing ends of things but for now, huzzah. Hotness.

Now...to think about an micro Ebb and flow system for this and a savage SCROGing. Pondering... :D

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
BigBlack81 said:
Capital thread. I'm looking to keep my initial overlay into this small but powerful and the NGB box is the prototype of a box I can fabricate on my own with my small amount of tools. When I'm not so stoned I'll have some detailed questions about the fabrication and silencing ends of things but for now, huzzah. Hotness.

Now...to think about an micro Ebb and flow system for this and a savage SCROGing. Pondering... :D

I hope I'll have some detailed answers for those questions because I'll be really stoned and silencing ends of yeah, what?? :joint: :headbange I'll be here.

I've seen a thread on here that is a DWC grow but is used like an ebb and flow. Its two containers with one sitting inside the other. The container inside has a bunch of small holes in the bottom of it and the bottom container has and air stone. Then you fill up the top with hydrotone then fill up with water flush with the top of the hydrotone. I thought it was really cool. I'll try to find the thread.

stoney419

Connoisseur300 said:
I'm very glad you made it. Take a look around. :joint: :joint: see anything you like? :headbange
o ya i see alot of stuff i like :jump: keep up the good work up
i been wanting to buid a cab for something that takes a while to finish like some haze or something i got to find out if it's possible to do in a cab but i am pretty sure it is with a lot of training
great thread man pulling up a chair

Military

Hey there Connoisseur300, seen you around but never got a chance to check out your grow :p Looks fucking sweet ass man :p I love the NGB setup or whatever the acronym is for it :p

I got a few questions though.. I know you dont have any net pots and your 100% mediumless right?

Thats how i roll too, But what do you use to hold the plant in the hole till it gets a big enough root system to hold itself? Like what are those blue thingys :p Sponges?

SMOKE ON

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
stoney419 said:
o ya i see alot of stuff i like :jump: keep up the good work up
i been wanting to buid a cab for something that takes a while to finish like some haze or something i got to find out if it's possible to do in a cab but i am pretty sure it is with a lot of training
great thread man pulling up a chair

I'm also looking for a way to grow long flowering haze/sativas that's why I'm trying a 30 plant perpetual harvest so I can controll what happens in the flower room a little better.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Military said:
Hey there Connoisseur300, seen you around but never got a chance to check out your grow :p Looks fucking sweet ass man :p I love the NGB setup or whatever the acronym is for it :p

What's up Military! I was wondering when you were going to stop in as much as you and I are on this site. I've been checking your grow every so often. Very nice.

I got a few questions though.. I know you dont have any net pots and your 100% mediumless right?

Right

Thats how i roll too, But what do you use to hold the plant in the hole till it gets a big enough root system to hold itself? Like what are those blue thingys :p Sponges?

SMOKE ON

It's not really a sponge because it doesn't soak up water. What it is is a peace of a 5 foot floty devices kids play with in pools to stay afloat. It's a long foam pole with a hole going down the middle. I don't know what the name is.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
I have a couple more blurry shots of the last of the harvest so I'll show those first.
I wish this first one came out clear.

another one...

I tried to get another close up.

this bud is pretty heavy.

Now this bud surprised me. I hope I can get my new SOG system to put out a little bigger bud than these two and I might just hit a pound in eight weeks if I can do it successfully.

Military

nice shots :p

thanks for the tip with the blue stuff :p I know exactly what your talking about.

There called NOODLES :p lol Ya i got a few of them, looks like one it going to be cut up a bit :p

O ya another thing.. mind giving me the ... steps in which you go about putting that blue stuff in the holes.. like how old the plants are and how tight the fitting is? and so on

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Military said:
nice shots :p

thanks for the tip with the blue stuff :p I know exactly what your talking about.

There called NOODLES :p lol Ya i got a few of them, looks like one it going to be cut up a bit :p

Noodles. I had no idea!

O ya another thing.. mind giving me the ... steps in which you go about putting that blue stuff in the holes.. like how old the plants are and how tight the fitting is? and so on

I cut about 1/4 to 1/2 inch disc off one end. I grab a razor and start cutting out peaces that look like triangles 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and slice those half way down the center to place the clone in.
You have to make shur you make the plugs a little larger than the hole you cut into your cloner. My holes are 3/4 in so the plugs are about the size of the end of my thumb.
You don't need the plugs to be tight to hold up the clones. You just want the plugs to be tight enough to not let any light in around the edges of the foam. A little won't harm anything.

Keep up the good work. Oh yeah, I'll take some quick pics of the steps to show you how I do it and give a little more detail with the visual stimulation because i'm cool like that. lol

Military

aww thanks I get the picture now :p Def gonna have to use that for my main DWC containers for the flowering cab :p

ALMOST HAVE MY MINI CAB FINISHED!!! (clones and moms :p)

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Military said:
aww thanks I get the picture now :p Def gonna have to use that for my main DWC containers for the flowering cab :p

I use it for everything besides starting seeds. All six of my new systems will have foam holding all thirty plants.

ALMOST HAVE MY MINI CAB FINISHED!!! (clones and moms :p)

Hell yeah. Can't wait to check it out!