What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NGB Connoisseur Cab

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
InPotiTrust said:
Very nice weight from the harvest Connoisseur300 i'll be keeping my eye out for your new thread

Whats going on brother man? Glad you could make it to my show. I'm hoping for a good number to come up on the scale. Stick around because it's about to get CrAzY in here. I'll post the harvest later today because the buds have dried faster than expected so they'll start curing tonight.

Last edited:

Phil3307

hey Connoisseur300, just jumped into your thread today. looks great! Love the cab and the whole set-up. I'm in the process of making my own cab...
Where did you find the 150w remote ballast set-ups? I can't seem to find them but that's what I'm looking for due to space limitations. I was thinking about doing the sog treatment but I need to find a good mother plant first, then to decide on one or two strains. Any tips or hints? I'm not sure if you have heard of it or not, but I'm planning on going with the Hempy bucket.

Keep up the good work, I'll be bookmarking and keeping a close eye on this thread!

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Phil3307 said:
hey Connoisseur300, just jumped into your thread today. looks great! Love the cab and the whole set-up. I'm in the process of making my own cab...
Where did you find the 150w remote ballast set-ups? I can't seem to find them but that's what I'm looking for due to space limitations. I was thinking about doing the sog treatment but I need to find a good mother plant first, then to decide on one or two strains. Any tips or hints? I'm not sure if you have heard of it or not, but I'm planning on going with the Hempy bucket.

Keep up the good work, I'll be bookmarking and keeping a close eye on this thread!

You can go to google and look up 150watt ballests and find multiple suppliers. I made it a remote ballast by using longer wires when putting it all together.

One or two strains? Why not more?

I've heard of it but have never seen one.

Phil3307

When you ordered you ballest kit, did it come with a wiring diagram as to how they all hook up? I had origionally planned on just using cfl's but as soon as I clicked on your thread my mind changed! pure amazement! One or two strains mainly because of space for both the sog and mothers. Mothers will be kept in either 2 pc cases or I'll end up making another smaller box. Big box because of space. I'm only working with 24"x11"x23" so there might even be some lst along the way as well if need be(hoping not though)

Hempy Bucket is basically a swc set-up just without the res. and the medium is perlite. It can also be found through google. it's either that or I might go straight with swc.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Phil3307 said:
When you ordered you ballest kit, did it come with a wiring diagram as to how they all hook up? I had origionally planned on just using cfl's but as soon as I clicked on your thread my mind changed! pure amazement! One or two strains mainly because of space for both the sog and mothers. Mothers will be kept in either 2 pc cases or I'll end up making another smaller box. Big box because of space. I'm only working with 24"x11"x23" so there might even be some lst along the way as well if need be(hoping not though)

Hempy Bucket is basically a swc set-up just without the res. and the medium is perlite. It can also be found through google. it's either that or I might go straight with swc.

The ballest kit did come with a diagram. There's a diagram sticker stuck right on the sonofagun.

You can do a nice little sog in your little space.

Phil3307

Ah C300 that is awesome news! My partner and I have been talking and we might being two of these boxes.. a nice little perpetual harvest sog.
We are however still stuck on whether to go with swc or the Hempy. The thought of having to fill up the res for the swc every day is rather disturbing(I'm used to soil) :redface:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Phil3307 said:
Ah C300 that is awesome news! My partner and I have been talking and we might being two of these boxes.. a nice little perpetual harvest sog.
We are however still stuck on whether to go with swc or the Hempy. The thought of having to fill up the res for the swc every day is rather disturbing(I'm used to soil) :redface:

How would you water your hempy bucket?

Phil3307

They say once the roots get to a decent length and hit the bottom of the bucket(mine will be small buckets so it won't take too long) you are able to leave them for 2-4 days without watering depending on temps.

Mielikki

mr. conn, i'm interested to know if you still have the dreamgoddess mother (godbudxdreamweaver). i have a mother i've kept, she's just that good :p.

please pm me if she's still around, i'd really like to compare descriptions :)