What's new

NGB Connoisseur Cab

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Thanks, I've also grown with multiple 1000 watters and I get just as much if not more satisfaction out of these cabs.

Yes, all of my rooms are connected starting with the mother room venting into the flowering room and then from the flower into the air cooled hood through the utility room and on into the filter exausting out of the box.

this pic shows the intake into the mother room and the exaust comming out of the top of the cab from the utility room.

In this pic the cab is still incomplete but you can see how I have four 2 inch pvc 90s that will wrap around the inside of the flower room.

A quick pic of the hood. You can see the four inch on the left side of the reflecter going into the utility room.

oaktree

Hey Connoisseur300 sick set up, and lovely results. I've been interested in building a cab for the future.. takes up less space and is nice an stealth... my questions...

How did you set up your hydro? i saw you use a 7 gallon container, did you just attach that netting underneath and throw an air stone in the rez? while also cutting out holes to put in some net pots?

Your bubble cloner... is that just like a DWC for cuttings? it looks like you just cut and stick them in a slot and wait for the roots, am i wrong here?

And the intake... is it a passive intake from the back or do you have an intake fan? also do you pull through your filter or do you have it blowing through?

Sorry for all the questions but you have one of the nicest set ups i've seen on IC, very clean and it seems simple (yes i know i just asked a lot of questions haha, i think i understand how it all works, just want to be sure), i mean that as a complement... as for the framing, is that just 3/4 plywood and 1x2? I really want to build my own, i'd rather not go out and buy a cab in the future, it'd be nice to build it for particular specs rather then work with what's available. Thanks for any info, i'm sure i'll be coming back with more questions haha. BTW love the scrog, looks amazing man.

Peace:canabis:

greenhead

Veteran
Connoisseur300 said:
Thanks, I've also grown with multiple 1000 watters and I get just as much if not more satisfaction out of these cabs.

Yes, all of my rooms are connected starting with the mother room venting into the flowering room and then from the flower into the air cooled hood through the utility room and on into the filter exausting out of the box.

Thanks for the info ! It will come in handy when I decide to incorporate some sort of vegging chamber into my current cab. Thanks again.

:joint: :wave:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
oaktree said:
Hey Connoisseur300 sick set up, and lovely results. I've been interested in building a cab for the future.. takes up less space and is nice an stealth... my questions...

How did you set up your hydro? i saw you use a 7 gallon container, did you just attach that netting underneath and throw an air stone in the rez? while also cutting out holes to put in some net pots?

Yes that's just what I did. I used hot glue to attach the netting to the top and the 12 inch bubblers to the bottom. The netting is actually a plastic bag that I cut in half and it held onions from Albertsons Super Market in it.
My hydro unit does'nt have any net pots in it. It's held up with foam and the scrog screen. All though my mother unit has 3 inch net pots I do plan on making the upgrade into the flower room.

Your bubble cloner... is that just like a DWC for cuttings? it looks like you just cut and stick them in a slot and wait for the roots, am i wrong here?

That's all I do. It's exactly like my flower room but smaller. I just cut, stick and wait for the roots my friend. 100 % no fault cloning . And I use plain tap water to do it.

And the intake... is it a passive intake from the back or do you have an intake fan? also do you pull through your filter or do you have it blowing through?

It is a passive intake and I have a 4 inch 175 cfm vortex pulling air through the box then through the filter and out.

Sorry for all the questions but you have one of the nicest set ups i've seen on IC, very clean and it seems simple (yes i know i just asked a lot of questions haha, i think i understand how it all works, just want to be sure), i mean that as a complement... as for the framing, is that just 3/4 plywood and 1x2? I really want to build my own, i'd rather not go out and buy a cab in the future, it'd be nice to build it for particular specs rather then work with what's available. Thanks for any info, i'm sure i'll be coming back with more questions haha. BTW love the scrog, looks amazing man.

Peace:canabis:

I love the questions and try to answer them the best I can so keep them coming and thanks a lot for the complements.
The framing is all 1/2 in plyweed I mean wood. I recommend people try to learn to build their own cab because it's much easier to build a custom cab around the items(hydro systems/lights/nutes/) you can find around in your area than to try to find items to fit into a prefab cab.

Last edited:

oaktree

Thanks for the help Connoisseur, i more then likely wont be building for a few months but when i do, i wanted to try hydro and like a said previously i love your set up. Looking forward to seeing that blueberry harvest! When i do finally build i'll show what you helped to create. Thanks man.

Peace

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
oaktree said:
Thanks for the help Connoisseur, i more then likely wont be building for a few months but when i do, i wanted to try hydro and like a said previously i love your set up. Looking forward to seeing that blueberry harvest! When i do finally build i'll show what you helped to create. Thanks man.

Peace

Thanks for the props oaktree. I'm shure your cab will be great and I would love to see it when it's finished.
I took a couple of my first micro shots ever of my blueberry last night.

Check'em out. One came out blurry but the other is nice.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
A Quick update, just about eight days left untill the chop. I have a couple of pic of some blueberry plucked and dried.

This first pic isn't very clear but the second is. This strain is very potent even at two weeks premature. The flavor is great also.

In the last week or so the room has gone to sweet smelling to sweet/dank/hash smell.

This pic is a close up shot of one of the outer buds and another pic of the same bud farther away.

I get a good shot of some of the main buds a little closer to harvest. I have a couple of good size bud shots I took today but still have to upload them.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Thanks for stopping in fellas. :wave: :joint: :headbange

I'm smoking some of the premature right now and the tast is pretty damn good I must say. I have just plucked another bud to start drying so i'll have some smoke on harvest morning.

Can't wait, It's getting mighty close!!!

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Another pic of the flower room at about 7 weeks flowering. Stinky. If I didn't have a carbon filter the hole block(s)a would smell like blueberry hash.

damn fingers are getting stuck to the keyboard.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
A quick update on how my clones and mothers are doing.

I started giving about 22 ml of micro and 11 ml grow per gallon and the roots started taking off. Check the pic.

Mothers are looking nice and green also but i'm a little worried about how many clones I can get off all three every 10 days for a perpetual harvest. I'll be using 6 2 1/2gallon hydro units with about 5 clones of the same pheno in each container using DWC. My first plan was using four containers with eight plants in each and harvesting every two weeks but I couldn't find the right size containers in time so I went with what I could find at wal-mart.

Mothers Finest seedling is doing well but growing a little slow dew to being so far away from the light. I neet to figure somthing out about that.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Okay, I have to make the cloner now so I have enough clones in a couple weeks to continue the perpetual harvests. I'm already about 7 to 10 days behind schedule because I of me procrastinating. No more of that :spank:

So I went to good old waly world and picked up a little rubber maid container and painted it black. Then started drilling 3/4 inch holes in the lid before taping the inside and painting it.

Here we have the finished product. all we have to do is hot glue the 4 inch air stone to the bottom, add an airline/pump and find some fome to make into clone plugs

I decided to use one of the cloner holes to put the airline into so I didn't have to drill any holes and would be able to keep my water level a little higher for those smaller clones. You can see the tube in the lower right corner comming out of the cloner in the pic below.

The cloner hase 6 blueberry clones in line 1 of the new cloner.

Line two has 6 dw x gb clones and line 3 hase 1 Kalimist in it because I need to take as many clones right now as possible because I dont want to fall short in the future. The good thing is I already have 16 plants already rooting and that gives me 20 days worth of growth for my mothers. So.. everything should fall into place.

in this pic you can see the new cloner with the new clones on the bottom and the old cloner on top of the mother unit with the newly rooted clones. I'm going to keep the newly rooted clones in the small cloner so I can add small amouts of ferts to give them the boost when thay start flowering plus their closer to the light.

Kalimist here I come!!! I love this plant!! I havn't smoked any in about one year. I'm very excited about haveing her back.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
A couple of bud shots everyone. :headbange It looks like there's going to be alot of color

It's only five more days till harvest and I can't wait to see how much color they'll have.

The bud are getting frostier every day. and are starting to bulk up. You can see the white hairs blowing up and cylaxes swelling.

Here's a shot of what some of the buds look like from the side.

Well that’s it for now. I guess I’ll have some updates on the new hydro system I’ll be building for the next go which will be a perpetual SOG if I haven’t mentioned that already.

I'm also Thinking I should start a new thread since this one is about scrogging. What do you all think I should do?? Just keep it going in this thread?

Thanks

Last edited:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Conno
Howzit brother...?? Looks like the cab is providing plenty of good meds.. Great work.. Hey where do you put yer thermometer and humidity gauge.. if you use one in the cab?
Ill bbl peace...

sack

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
sackoweed said:
Conno
Howzit brother...?? Looks like the cab is providing plenty of good meds.. Great work.. Hey where do you put yer thermometer and humidity gauge.. if you use one in the cab?
Ill bbl peace...

sack

Doin good and will be doing better in about five days. :headbange :jump: :headbange :jump: and you?

I have the Thermometer/humidity gauge sitting at hood level on the outer edge of the hood. It's sitting next to the fan in this pic just out of view.

Last edited:
Hey sorry if these are stupid questions, but i love your setup and i was confused about a couple of things. Is your cloner just holes in a rubbermaid with foam tubing and a dwc rez with airstone? I ask this because ive seen on other threads people making cloners that have like a sprinkler system on the inside and i dont think i possess the construction skills necessary to rig that type of system up so im trying to figure out the easiest way to run clones. Also how did you drill your holes and did you cut the pvc pipe or used pre-fabricated lengths? I ask again cuz of my lack of handy skills. And finally do you have any links or any information about how to actually SCROG? Ive read almost every growing diary of a SCROG and i still dont get what you are tying down, when you tie it down, what you are using to tie it down, all i know is that the net has something to do with tying the main branch and everything else is up in the air. Thanks in advance for any help and you have a great setup! im interested to see how the SOG works for you.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Welcome to Ic Mag. Phantom. :wave: :joint:

Phantom594 said:
Hey sorry if these are stupid questions, but i love your setup and i was confused about a couple of things. Is your cloner just holes in a rubbermaid with foam tubing and a dwc rez with airstone?

Yes, 3/4 inch holes in a rubbermaid or starilite container painted black. The foam is actually from a pool floating foam stick or somthing. I had it around the house. any foam works. I find the denser foam to work best.

I ask this because ive seen on other threads people making cloners that have like a sprinkler system on the inside and i dont think i possess the construction skills necessary to rig that type of system up so im trying to figure out the easiest way to run clones.

When you say sprinkler system you mean aroeponics (not shure how to spell it)and I really don't like that type of system for growing or cloning just because of the simple factor. If I wanted to go aroponics I would have to go to the hydrostore or order the parts to make it. Plus thay can get cloged.
When you use DWC or SWC you can buy all the parts needed for a 30 plant cloner or more and get all of it for under 20 bucks. Hell my entire setup is SWC and I couldn't see cloning any other way. This is the only way I've seen that you don't need any root hormone humidity dome, soil, perlite.....the list can go on and on. This system is cut, stick, and wait for roots. Very simple, very effective, fast, cheap and all replacment parts can be bought locally.

Also how did you drill your holes and did you cut the pvc pipe or used pre-fabricated lengths? I ask again cuz of my lack of handy skills.

I drilled my holes with 3/4 inch wood bit. You can see it in one of my pics of the lid to the cloner. It was also purchased at waly-world.
And finally do you have any links or any information about how to actually SCROG?

sorry no links. I learned just about everything I know from Overgrow when it was up. RIP O.G.

Ive read almost every growing diary of a SCROG and i still dont get what you are tying down, when you tie it down, what you are using to tie it down, all i know is that the net has something to do with tying the main branch and everything else is up in the air.

What you are tying down are all branches and latteral branches to the bottom of your screen(after you've already topped your plant(s) twice). As thay grow you keep tying the branches down with Twisty Ties untill 2/3 of your screen is full or depending on how much your plant streches in flower. You want to keep training the plant under the screen untill about the second week of flowering. Then stop training and let it grow through the screen up into the light. Read page 1 of the begining of this thread and you'll see a good example of what happens.

Thanks in advance for any help and you have a great setup! im interested to see how the SOG works for you.

Thanks for the props and thanks again for stopping in the check out my grow show. If there are anymore questions just ask anytime. I'm interested to see how the SOG works for me also. This is going to go really good or really bad. So stay tuned.
I'll give it my best though.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers, its pretty amazing how helpful everyone is on forums it makes u feel all warm and fuzzy inside :p. so in your SWC cloner tub is the water level right at the bottom of the foam? I totally agree with your theory about simple cloners but i had seen so many people have complicated methods of cloning i didnt know there was another way. Also another newbie question, when ur "topping" that is just cutting the main branch so that the plant makes another side main branch right? I had always thought that with scrogs you just kinda snaked around the one main branch under the net but topping it makes a little more sense ergonomically.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Phantom594 said:
Thanks for your answers, its pretty amazing how helpful everyone is on forums it makes u feel all warm and fuzzy inside :p. so in your SWC cloner tub is the water level right at the bottom of the foam?

As close to the foam as possable. That way if you ever find yourself with a top notch plant that for some reason you can only take one small/short clone from your chances for succsess skyrockets. Plus with a lower water level you have to have longer stems on the cutting to reach the water which means larger clones and larger moms. So I'm able to keep smaller moms and use smaller clones which allows me to take more clones from the smaller mothers.

I totally agree with your theory about simple cloners but i had seen so many people have complicated methods of cloning i didnt know there was another way.

Bubble cloner I think it's the fastest, easiest, less expensive and most succsessfull way to clone.

Also another newbie question, when ur "topping" that is just cutting the main branch so that the plant makes another side main branch right? I had always thought that with scrogs you just kinda snaked around the one main branch under the net but topping it makes a little more sense ergonomically.

Yes, I topp the main branch to make about 4 more new tops and once thay get about 3 to four more nodes I'll top those so I end up with eight to twelve tops. That prosess takes about 10 days in a hydro setup. after the tops start to grow is when I start training the eight tops to the bottom of the screen and alow them to grow along the bottom of the screen untill its about 2/3 of the way full and then flower. Keep training untill the beginning of the third week.

Latest posts

Latest posts