What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NGB Connoisseur Cab

T

TheOneWill

Well I changed my mind. I'm just gonna use the whole cab for vegging and flowering.
4ft tall
2ft deep
3ft 8inch wide
I plan on using a 430watt hps. I got sitting in my closet. I just need to know where I can get a quiet fan to exhaust the hot air from the 430watt hood.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Dreamweaver X God Bud harvest and cured update.

I have a couple of pics from the last grow. They been curing for a little over two weeks now and smell and taste better but you can tell I didn't get them as flushed as I could have. Dam good bud though, sweet hashy smell, good euphoric high but still quite harsh on the throat.

This is a couple of pics of the buds laid out on a table. Their is only about 3 1/2 oz in the pic. The bigger buds went to friends in need but I ended up with enough phat buds to keep me happy. The total yield was 5 1/2 oz . Not bad for flowering with the tips too small and in soil. I would still like to get 8 oz out of this setup and I might be able to do it with hydro and the right strain.

All in all I like the strain and I'll keep it until I find a better one to replace it. I think if I flush properly next run with it it will turn out much better.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
TheOneWill said:
Well I changed my mind. I'm just gonna use the whole cab for vegging and flowering.
4ft tall
2ft deep
3ft 8inch wide
I plan on using a 430watt hps. I got sitting in my closet. I just need to know where I can get a quiet fan to exhaust the hot air from the 430watt hood.

Well in that case I suggest getting yourself a 140-170 cfm dayton or vortex in line fan. Both are loud but if you add a muffler or carbon filter you can tone it down a bit. The vortex is silent and moves a lot of air but you sure as hell can hear the air its moving. If you can buy a bigger fan like a 265 cfm with a fan control you can turn it down half way and it will make less noise than my 170 cfm fan and move more air at the same time. My two cents. :joint:

Last edited:
T

TheOneWill

Connoisseur300 said:
Well in that case I suggest getting yourself a 140-170 cfm dayton or vortex inline fan. Both are loud but if you add a muffler or carbon filter you can tone it down a bit. The vortex is silent and moves alot of air but you shure as hell can hear the air its moving. If you can buy a bigger fan like a 265 cfm with a fan controll you can turn it down half way and it will make less noise than my 170 cfm fan and move more air at the same time. My two cents. :joint:
I really don't know what to do. I got a 430watt laying in my closet but I don't want to put a huge hole in the wall because my dad would be pissed. So I might just use it by my moms in her shed. Then build a NGB cab like yours. Does it get hot in the room your cab is in?

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
TheOneWill said:
I really don't know what to do. I got a 430watt laying in my closet but I don't want to put a huge hole in the wall because my dad would be pissed. So I might just use it by my moms in her shed. Then build a NGB cab like yours. Does it get hot in the room your cab is in?

In the summer it can get to about 80 if you don't have proper air conditioning you could get temps higher. right now I keep the temp outside the box at 69 and inside is 71-72. It really does work great.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
sorry for not updating sooner but I have to make this fast, then off to work.

I have a couple of pics on day 13 veg. This pic was taken of the 15 of Dec. and they vegged for 24 days. Thats about 7 to 10 days longer than I wanted but I was going really easy on the nutes because I havn't used them all that much. Now that their flowering I have the nutes ware thay need to be and their BLOWING UP.

before the screen.

after the screen. thay veged for 9 more day after the screen.

I'll have a full blown update tomorrow when I get some free time. thank you for your patience.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
and now for an update. Their on day 13 of flowering and are just now starting to show some little flowers. I love the third week of flowering because they really start to show the buds.

here we have a little root action. I started adding some advanced nutes sweet leaf to the res and it discolored the roots a little.

I've been having a little trouble keeping my ph in check because I add ether too much or too little ph down/up. I think I have it in check now though.

And the mothers are doing fine. I think it's about time to give a root trim to those ladies.

Until next time. :joint: :joint: :joint:

Last edited:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
conn
lookin good brother... Keep up the great work... bbl peace..

sack

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Sweet cab. Thank you for sharing with the class.

I've got the same speed controller (sold as a router speed controller at Pacific Freight for $12) and a 150 CFM Elicent inline fan. Just curious where you set your controller. Even with a diy muffler, I'm running the fan with the dial pointing right at the "L" or half way in the black zone. I know I need a certain amount of fan speed to keep the motor from burning up. I'm wondering how slow is too slow?

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
thank you everyone for stopin in.

Freezerboy- never heard of a fan going out because of a controller being to low? New one on me. Maby their's a certain brand thats burns out. Explain this muffler you have? My 175 vortex is really loud and would love to find out how to make it more quiet.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe not all motors are subject but, being air cooled, a motor uses it's own rotation as a cooling device.

muffler
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=65345

I followed the instructions as closely as my store's supplies would allow. They had no collars so, I used end caps and pried off the ends. I went with polyfill over fiberglass. I bought a 32 oz bag for $5, I doubt I used as much as 10 oz.

Handling machine cloth can tear your hands apart. I noted the leading edge of the roll was folded over an inch and was much easier to handle. Figure how much you need, add 3-4 inches and, after you cut, fold over one inch of the opposite edge. Use a hammer on the fold to get it flat. Your hands will thank you.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
thanks for the info on the muffler. i'll have to try it when I get some time. Maby I'll be able to mount it to the back of the cab and keep it out of sight.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Alright, time for some update pics. :lurk: :joint: :lurk:

It's day 29 and I think I over grown on this one bud the buds still look like their going to come out looking good for the most part. Plus I checked my res for the first time in like two weeks and found my air stones right next to not working so I put some new stones, fresh water and we are growing. I don't know how long by babblers were fu**ed up so I hope it didn't hurt my yield very much.

This bud's on the outer edge of the screen and with some decent light it looks like it might put out some good bud.

Also I didn't use near as many twisty ties this time and I'm regretting it now for not tieing completely down the main stems.

Last edited: