What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

JonnyWeedSeed

In my experience, the affect of NC has a similar vibe and duration to Green Goddess pheno of Panama .... my two favorite go-tos. Honduras affect is similar but in my experience the strength and duration are a little milder and it yielded a bit less and the buds were leafier in my gardens. Splitting hairs really .... they are all great and I'll grow them all again. My favorite thing about all three is the happy uplifting aspect combined with the easy comedown and almost no wear-and-tear affect. You can smoke/vape that stuff all day. I should note that the tutti-fruity pheno of NC vapes the best of all three if that's your thing.

Sensistar42

In my experience, the affect of NC has a similar vibe and duration to Green Goddess pheno of Panama .... my two favorite go-tos. Honduras affect is similar but in my experience the strength and duration are a little milder and it yielded a bit less and the buds were leafier in my gardens. Splitting hairs really .... they are all great and I'll grow them all again. My favorite thing about all three is the happy uplifting aspect combined with the easy comedown and almost no wear-and-tear affect. You can smoke/vape that stuff all day. I should note that the tutti-fruity pheno of NC vapes the best of all three if that's your thing.
Sounds like I need to try this strain, jointing through more honduras and Ethiopian right now. I wanting to find a green honduras pheno! 😊

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
NC1

nc1-jpg.18973919

Sensistar42

I tested pheno6. nice fruity/menthol taste on exhale. sweet. good, long lasting buzz. very nice. just one problem... I got terrible munchies! pheno6 is selected out :D
Mmmm fruity menthol I like the sounds of that. 1 of my Violeta x honduras is like that. Can’t stop smelling the jar and it’s very smiley🤣 seems like this will be for sure on my next seed but list.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I can understand how SE Asian varieties got to NC, but mexican genetics??? it is quite strange, as the Australia or SE Asia were not supplied by mexican brickweed. some close places to NC.

I know about one place in Pacific where mexican genes played some significant role. it is Hawaii.

some stinky hippie with guitar and bag of seeds moved from Hawaii and landed in NC.

hehehehehe :geek:

and do you know why surfers breed good weed? because they know how to keep themselves on top of WAVE

:ROFLMAO:

I really like the divergent sativa expressions you are posting (females 1 and 2) @MAHA KALA :) Female 2 looks indeed more Mexican, while female 1 in your last post shows what I feel is more SE Asian sativa influenced. My guess still is that this New Caledonian line is mainly composed of Mexican and SE Asian sativa genetics, with some indica 'contamination' in version 2. But no one knows for sure, it's really good and different genetics, that's for sure.

Are there any other interesting female expressions showing up during flowering?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It is closer to the Kali China in terms of everything + with an extra joyful euphoric feel.

that sounds delightful and what we were looking for @Tranquilidade thanks a lot for the feedback and for your interest in keep trying more Kali China hybrids 🥰 You are one of the few who can truly appreciate if there's real improvement in any Kali China hybrid versus straight Kali China for the quality of the finished product.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This sure is a vigorous strain. Only 4 days since my last post and they're moving up real fast. I think I'll throw them into flower in a week, based on how big they can get from the other members photos. They're in 5 gallon pots so the roots should have plenty to work with

Thanks for the updates from the start @RobFromTX wow that's a really impressive growth in your last update since they were switched to flower barely at seedling stage :) Glad you got a high number of females to get to know better this line.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I know, sorry 🙄
I fu**ed up...
Posted the Thai Chi details and pix here...

But here are the NC 😁

Day 31 since they cracked the soil
Day 17 of 11/13 light

View attachment 18966960 View attachment 18966962

The runty looking slender one is a boy. View attachment 18966963
He's been showing his colors since 10 days 😳
The young lady took her sweet time.

He was really vigorous, so I topped him early and have been pruning side shots etc, hence the look...

that male looks very much like the hybrid version II @Hasch did you finally keep him ? How is the female doing in flowering ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad one of your keepers is also female 33 like for us in previous generation @elanius 🥰 synchronicity!
Sure, i found lots tropical fruity type of scents in New Caledonian line, most females are blend of citric-tropical fruits-sour-floral-candy, although some individuals can tend to only one these profiles.

That male you've found is an excellent discovery! If he consistently enhances potency, quality of sativa effects, and tropical fruity terpenes in hybrids, then he's definitely a top-notch male to cross with female Haze or other high-quality sativas, as you're already doing. I'm always impressed by the outstanding work you do!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello everyone!

The description of New Caledonia effects matches exactly what I'm looking for (happy, fun, positive, sociable and clean effect). Something ideal to smoke every day while doing household activities.

Looks like I should look for genetics or Mexican style, right?

I'm 90% sure I'll choose NC, but...

How do the effects of New Caledonia compare to Honduras and Oaxaca A5 Haze?

Any other strains I should consider? ethiopia, thai chi?

The only thing that matters to me is the effect quality, secondly the taste. Production and gross potency do not matter

My plan is to grow several plants and look for a good mother.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for your interest in this New Caledonia line @mexican I cannot describe each strain you comment better than i did in the strain descriptions, so if after read them, you feel more motivated by New Caledonia, then go ahead with her!

RobFromTX

Thanks for the updates from the start @RobFromTX wow that's a really impressive growth in your last update since they were switched to flower barely at seedling stage :) Glad you got a high number of females to get to know better this line.

Im really liking this strain Dubi. Ive never had plants start to smell this good so fast. I think the taller plant on the left is a male, just later to express. Which would be ideal for me anyway as space is an issue and they are quite vigorous. I'll keep you updated

Hasch

learning and laughing
that male looks very much like the hybrid version II @Hasch did you finally keep him ? How is the female doing in flowering ?
Hola dubi and thanks for the input.

The male is no more, I assume he decided that being female is more enticing. 😳🙃😜

His story: Once I discovered his cojones he was moved to the kitchen. There he got less light, stayed in the 2.5l pot, under the natural daylight cycle again.
-> growth slowed down and he was forgotten...

But around March 13 I checked up on him and saw this
PXL_20240313_111759339.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

I guess he changed his mind and decided to be female after all. So he was quickly repotted and put back in the Ikea grow cupboard...

Landrace magic?
@dubi
PXL_20240323_081320898.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg I did find this lil branch on him/her some time later.
But I nipped it in the bud so to say 😁

So I have two female NC again.

PXL_20240326_132923146.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

They are both around 73cm (from top of soil)

His coloring was always a little lighter than the other plants, but same soil etc.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Are there any other interesting female expressions showing up during flowering?
hey dubi.

there are five phenos which look really long flowering and grow big. NC4 is the most beefy of them and smells really promising. I can smell that familiar sourness. it seems that lower branches are more advanced, but tops are wildly fresh hehehe.

we will see. I am looking for electric effect, with every toke you get higher. that's what I am looking for...

Latest posts

Latest posts