What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

RobFromTX

Well I weeded out two more males and left with three beautiful ladies. I dont have any experience with this strain but, based on other growers, Id say the short and squat plant front right is a mexican leaning pheno and the other two lean more towards thai? Excited to see them progress

Attachments

• IMG_20240327_125439097.jpg
    IMG_20240327_125439097.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 79

elanius

Veteran
Glad one of your keepers is also female 33 like for us in previous generation @elanius 🥰 synchronicity!
Sure, i found lots tropical fruity type of scents in New Caledonian line, most females are blend of citric-tropical fruits-sour-floral-candy, although some individuals can tend to only one these profiles.

That male you've found is an excellent discovery! If he consistently enhances potency, quality of sativa effects, and tropical fruity terpenes in hybrids, then he's definitely a top-notch male to cross with female Haze or other high-quality sativas, as you're already doing. I'm always impressed by the outstanding work you do!

Thanks for the compliment Dubi:smoke out:
Just made a complete check for intersex traits on this male and he is rock solid, not a single pistil found, flowering for about 7 weeks now and producing crazy amounts of pollen...Would be nice not to have the fuckin pollen allergy lol.
I used him year ago on the Colombian Gold x Acapulco Gold to test the progeny vs original mother, the high went from pleasant, dreamy, euphoric high (good potency already) to intense, rollercoaster, overpowering effect, one of the strongest buds. The hazes were the primary target for pollination, I just dusted all of the keepers today. Was looking for good male for a long time and I think this one passes the test.
The male started flowering as 15 cm clone and ended up 1.5 m tall... having a little bromance over here:biggrin:

DSC_0052.JPG
DSC_0056.JPG

Ras Kali Rasta

I got late nanners at NC2, NC7 and NC9.. nothing terrible though. just few...

it is interesting that at long flowering ones I haven't got any yet.

That is interesting. I guess you would expect it to go the other way, with the longer flowering plants being more Thai influenced, therefore more hermi prone. Whatever the genetic origins of this line are, they seem to be thoroughly integrated. I had both short and long flowering plants with Thai like structures, and short and long flowering plants with more central american structures. All plants showed a pretty high degree of uniformity for terpenes and effects.

It is also interesting that La Reunion and New Caledonia are both tropical islands close to the Tropic of Capricorn and that the Zamal genetics can produce some early flowering plants. I'm only a few degrees south, and that has been my experience, anyway. Out of 5 females and 2 males grown outdoors, all were sexually firm except for one male, despite battling leaf septoria.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
View attachment 18982039 It's more than just bud structure...

😱
Picked off all I could find.

The pollen from herming plants is "fertil"?

Or maybe it's nothin to worry about? 😬

Sorry for that @Hasch those are male flowers, with pollen that looks fertile.
New Caledonia lines had around 30 % as i received it, we did lots of selection to avoid hermie parent plants during reproduction, yet slight hermie tendencies can not fully be discarded (nanners, some male flowers on worst cases) from the second generation released seeds, only a few do it, and mainly indoors.

Hasch

learning and laughing
Sorry for that @Hasch those are male flowers, with pollen that looks fertile.
New Caledonia lines had around 30 % as i received it, we did lots of selection to avoid hermie parent plants during reproduction, yet slight hermie tendencies can not fully be discarded (nanners, some male flowers on worst cases) from the second generation released seeds, only a few do it, and mainly indoors.
Yeah, such is life. Am learning more + more how to raise these darlings.

Next time I'll know to check these plants more regularly.

Now I just got to decide if I dare keep the herming one in the closet (+ daily checking for nanners) or just send her back to Jah.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's very important to inspect plants often in flowering looking for pests, fungus or hermie tendencies, especially when growing indoors strains from seed that can be prone to it.

You can remove the hermie branches from the problematic plant, and inspect the plant often in case decides to produce more male flowers during the rest of the flowering.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
NC1 reminds me indeed something like haze or thai... although leafs are too dark. it is not strong smelling. faint fruity. woody. I think the smell will develop yet. NC4 smells more strong like heavy musky flowers perfume, as well as NC5 which smells very fruity with like... somehow.. plastic smell.

NC5

NC5g.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts