What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see you also growing a couple of New Caledonians @Hasch ;)
Is your vertical growing space very limited ? If so, and if you like to top your plants, you can still top them, although they look very well tamed started from seed at 11/13. If you have space and ask my opinion, i would let them be with their natual shape if they remain so tamed.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Great to know you are excited with the traits of your female 2 @MAHA KALA :) Female 4 seems a crazier tropical expression. Don't overlook fast flowering phenos like female 6, such short flowering expressions with hybrid look still can deliver great terpenes and highs. I'm also excited to learn more about each one during rest of the flowering!
I found it interesting. that it is there... looks like mix of old school varieties made by some hippies.

I know that in Mexico they dont call it AG, but they call it "Caca de Chango" and it is how it smells, like green monkey shit. besides that it is fruity and spicy... but it is still too early... I found it very much fun to grow!

better pic of NC2

NC2.JPG

Hasch

learning and laughing
Can't see your pics bro 🧐
I know, sorry 🙄
I fu**ed up...
Posted the Thai Chi details and pix here...

But here are the NC 😁

Day 31 since they cracked the soil
Day 17 of 11/13 light

PXL_20240229_135425019.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
PXL_20240229_135922871.RAW-01.COVER~2.jpg

The runty looking slender one is a boy.
PXL_20240229_125855238.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

He's been showing his colors since 10 days 😳
The young lady took her sweet time.

He was really vigorous, so I topped him early and have been pruning side shots etc, hence the look...

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
Hey @dubi did you encounter any pure passionfruit (maracuja) aromas from the NC reproduction?
I found a male that puts forward pure passion fruit smell in hybrids and increases potency by a lot.
The smell blows my mind since I have never found anything like it. It is also one of the most sticky, frosty plant on the stem rub, completely coating even bigger leafs with trichs, what a male.
DSC_0056.JPG
DSC_0057.JPG
DSC_0063.JPG

elanius

Veteran
(Colombian Gold x Acapulco Gold ) x New Caledonia

This is another pheno, smells like pure mango. Whats interesting to me how clear are these aromas, its either pure fresh mango or passion fruit on the other phenotype, you dont need to think about it at all, just hits you in the face. The mango smell is the same as the mangoes that comes from Spain in season, Kent is the strain I think...Its not the Asian type of mangoes.
DSC_0010.JPG

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I can understand how SE Asian varieties got to NC, but mexican genetics??? it is quite strange, as the Australia or SE Asia were not supplied by mexican brickweed. some close places to NC.

I know about one place in Pacific where mexican genes played some significant role. it is Hawaii.

some stinky hippie with guitar and bag of seeds moved from Hawaii and landed in NC.

hehehehehe :geek:

and do you know why surfers breed good weed? because they know how to keep themselves on top of WAVE

:ROFLMAO:

RobFromTX

Some of the plants i see on this thread definitely look like some mexican sativas ive seen. Medium sized plants , chunky buds instead of foxtailing. Then again most of the mexicans ive seen grown where i live have undoubtedly been hybridized

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Some of the plants i see on this thread definitely look like some mexican sativas ive seen. Medium sized plants , chunky buds instead of foxtailing. Then again most of the mexicans ive seen grown where i live have undoubtedly been hybridized
yeah we can clearly distinguish, 70s mexicans and 90s mexicans...

but ghani genetics is present in Mexico from 70s ...

Tranquilidade

Thanks also to you @Tranquilidade for complete a grow of this new hybrid and for sharing your experience with us :D Glad it produces a relaxing joyful experience. the NC II mother is very joyful, social, up, but 0 stress or bad feelings, quite the opposite. Do you find the terpene profile of this hybrid closer to Kali China or different ? And potency compared with straight Kali China and her hybrids ?
It is closer to the Kali China in terms of everything + with an extra joyful euphoric feel.

RobFromTX

This sure is a vigorous strain. Only 4 days since my last post and they're moving up real fast. I think I'll throw them into flower in a week, based on how big they can get from the other members photos. They're in 5 gallon pots so the roots should have plenty to work with

Attachments

• IMG_20240303_110603506.jpg
    IMG_20240303_110603506.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 61

RobFromTX

New Caledonias first day of flower. sorry for the bad pic quality. The runt in middle back row has pulled through. They sure establish themselves fast. And they look so indica at this point but as others have pointed out thats very normal

Attachments

• IMG_20240312_150953694.jpg
    IMG_20240312_150953694.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20240312_151056586.jpg
    IMG_20240312_151056586.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20240312_151007559.jpg
    IMG_20240312_151007559.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20240312_151000919.jpg
    IMG_20240312_151000919.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55

mexican

Hello everyone!

The description of New Caledonia effects matches exactly what I'm looking for (happy, fun, positive, sociable and clean effect). Something ideal to smoke every day while doing household activities.

Looks like I should look for genetics or Mexican style, right?

I'm 90% sure I'll choose NC, but...

How do the effects of New Caledonia compare to Honduras and Oaxaca A5 Haze?

Any other strains I should consider? ethiopia, thai chi?

The only thing that matters to me is the effect quality, secondly the taste. Production and gross potency do not matter

My plan is to grow several plants and look for a good mother.

Thanks a lot!

Latest posts

Latest posts