What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

RobFromTX

This is my first grow with thai genetics and its interesting because the structure of the plants looks like a south american sativa yet the flowering seems to be slow, like really slow and they're not stretching as much as i anticipated. The finished product looks amazing though so well worth the wait

Ras Kali Rasta

NC1 reminds me indeed something like haze or thai... although leafs are too dark. it is not strong smelling. faint fruity. woody. I think the smell will develop yet. NC4 smells more strong like heavy musky flowers perfume, as well as NC5 which smells very fruity with like... somehow.. plastic smell.

NC5
My NC5 had that same smell - fruity with a plastic background. Actually, almost like plasticine. Very dense flowers with high flower to leaf ratio. Great structural strength, like Panama. Extremely bushy. Medium width leaves. Longest flowering (I number them shortest to longest flowering as I'm not keeping clones). Highest yielding.

My NC4 sounds just like your NC1. Very airy and leafy flowers. Not much smell but surprisingly strong flavour. It was not a bland woodiness but aromatic, similar to sandlewood. She went a little purple and the fruitiness reminded me a bit of the purple old timer's haze.

RobFromTX

My NC5 had that same smell - fruity with a plastic background. Actually, almost like plasticine. Very dense flowers with high flower to leaf ratio. Great structural strength, like Panama. Extremely bushy. Medium width leaves. Longest flowering (I number them shortest to longest flowering as I'm not keeping clones). Highest yielding.

My NC4 sounds just like your NC1. Very airy and leafy flowers. Not much smell but surprisingly strong flavour. It was not a bland woodiness but aromatic, similar to sandlewood. She went a little purple and the fruitiness reminded me a bit of the purple old timer's haze.

How long did yours flower for?

Ras Kali Rasta

How long did yours flower for?

Hey Rob,
I just had a look over the thread to check, but It appears I haven't kept good records. I think the earlier ones came in early to mid May as advertised despite that I only germinated end of Jan/start of Feb. The late ones came in 4 weeks later, but I think the cold weather slowed them down a lot. I think if they were planted in spring they would have come in mid Apr to first week of May. Bear in mind that I'm at 26S, so results are a bit different to growing in more temperate latitudes or indoors.

Like yours though, mine initiated flowering early and then took it steady. Stretch was not crazy. They ended up growing about as tall as the Zamaldelica fems.

I think you will really love the NC. I think your taste in weed is pretty similar to mine. I picked up some Honduras × Panama at the last sale, in part due to your glowing reports. Looking forward to Tikal being back on the menu too.

RobFromTX

Hey Rob,
I just had a look over the thread to check, but It appears I haven't kept good records. I think the earlier ones came in early to mid May as advertised despite that I only germinated end of Jan/start of Feb. The late ones came in 4 weeks later, but I think the cold weather slowed them down a lot. I think if they were planted in spring they would have come in mid Apr to first week of May. Bear in mind that I'm at 26S, so results are a bit different to growing in more temperate latitudes or indoors.

Like yours though, mine initiated flowering early and then took it steady. Stretch was not crazy. They ended up growing about as tall as the Zamaldelica fems.

I think you will really love the NC. I think your taste in weed is pretty similar to mine. I picked up some Honduras × Panama at the last sale, in part due to your glowing reports. Looking forward to Tikal being back on the menu too.

Tikals coming back? Thats great news indeed

I think i'll enjoy the NC too. They are certainly slower flowering than the strains that im use to growing but the end result looks fabulous. Hon x Pan is definitely a favorite of mine and my wife likes it too. its the only sativa she'll smoke actually

Ras Kali Rasta

Tikals coming back? Thats great news indeed

I think i'll enjoy the NC too. They are certainly slower flowering than the strains that im use to growing but the end result looks fabulous. Hon x Pan is definitely a favorite of mine and my wife likes it too. its the only sativa she'll smoke actually

I have no news on the Tikal front, unfortunately. I'm just hoping it comes back.

Are your New Caledonia really that much slower than your Honduras × Panama? The strain descriptions have them at 12-14 weeks and 11-13 Weeks, respectively.

RobFromTX

Are your New Caledonia really that much slower than your Honduras × Panama? The strain descriptions have them at 12-14 weeks and 11-13 Weeks, respectively.
Yeah theyre definitely slower flowering than HxP but that has to be the fastest flowering variety ive grown. No worries though. The plants are green and healthy and the smells coming off of them are wonderful. Im looking forward (y)

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
my NC5 will flower longer than 14 weeks. and it has stretch similar to zamal, haze or vietnamese. those other long flowering ones have less stretch, and those short ones like NC3, NC8 or NC9 they had almost zero stretch, NC8 was only colorful pheno I got, it is too seeded, so I dont know what is high like LOL. at NC2, NC6 and NC7 it was medium stretch like 3X maximally. NC5, NC1, NC10, NC11, NC4 are long flowering, while NC4 and NC11 are beefy, big calyxes(similar shape to NC6), heavy buds, branches are bending. NC5, NC1 and NC10 they have small calyxes, like vietnamese. as you can see on my pics.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
my NC5 will flower longer than 14 weeks. and it has stretch similar to zamal, haze or vietnamese. those other long flowering ones have less stretch, and those short ones like NC3, NC8 or NC9 they had almost zero stretch, NC8 was only colorful pheno I got, it is too seeded, so I dont know what is high like LOL. at NC2, NC6 and NC7 it was medium stretch like 3X maximally. NC5, NC1, NC10, NC11, NC4 are long flowering, while NC4 and NC11 are beefy, big calyxes(similar shape to NC6), heavy buds, branches are bending. NC5, NC1 and NC10 they have small calyxes, like vietnamese. as you can see on my pics.
No 8 was the only colourful one you got; was it purple by chance?

I gave one of mine to a friend and it turned out purple, without it being excessively cold.

Personally, I preferred the pheno that I grew. 🙂

RobFromTX

When you say that NC8 is too seeded do you mean it hermied?

Maria Sanchez

You have any pics of the whole room?
Sounds like a NC jungle in there.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
A
NC1 reminds me indeed something like haze or thai... although leafs are too dark. it is not strong smelling. faint fruity. woody. I think the smell will develop yet. NC4 smells more strong like heavy musky flowers perfume, as well as NC5 which smells very fruity with like... somehow.. plastic smell.

NC5

View attachment 18982368

Any smell of violet sweets?

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
@Maria Sanchez yes, it is jungle

I moved them to greenhouse at 15th of March.. so they are not inside the boxes anymore. it was overcrowded there, and lower branches were underdeveloped, now lower branches get more light, so it is much better. we have high temps and super sunny weather.

these things like NC5 are not good for growbox with horizontal lighting... it is too tall, I did everything, it still was touching leds all the time LOL very similar to original haze or zamal/oaxacan I grew last time indoors. I keep telling myself it is nonsense when I see it... but the buds were not bad smoke :D hehehehhe. still, it is only my opinion, I think it doesnt fit indoors and need some hybridization... something like angola/banghi could help it in it. I mean this particular pheno. other phenos are relatively manageable.

I will try to make pic of the whole plant NC5. stayed tuned :D hehehhe

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Such diverse plants. One is so squat and another i think is gonna hit the ceiling haha

Attachments

• IMG_20240405_123146674.jpg
    IMG_20240405_123146674.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20240405_123206878.jpg
    IMG_20240405_123206878.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20240405_123236604.jpg
    IMG_20240405_123236604.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 83

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

well done for paying careful attention to the traits of the plants @MAHA KALA and for taking note of the data :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts