What's new

🤩… NEVILS HAZE x TOM HILL HAZE

Grover Sativa

Veteran
it is complete hay. cold did screw it so bad. flowers not developed.. really bad. you need greenhouse such far North and light dep. also even so far at North, probably 45N, it is hard to see mold on sativa leafs, you must be "expert" to get that LOL but thats about knowledge and understanding of tropical cultivars...

dont react to Nexus, thats complete troll, he is from humpys crew. he did shit in this thread more than once.

nice to see ya after some time. keep it up.
Thanks, my friend! It's good to be back. I've been working on creating breeding males - an invaluable tool... but it's not as straightforwards as I thought it might be to do that - and selecting males means growing and flowering males- which means losing a space where you could have had a female...painful and costly.. I think I've worked out that it's better to select a female with all the desirable traits and then inbreed/backcross until you have male descendants which (more or less) she has passed all her traits to and then select the best from one of those. Hmmmm - lots of work there... I think that project needs careful planning and lots of thought. - Stupid hobby. So complicated and time-consuming. I do love it, though.

I've also been trying to reproduce some African Landrace lines (sativa, of course) - with very little success - the best (all) I've managed so far is an Ethiopian/Iraqi cross - the Iraqi flowers at just 6 hours of darkness and so it makes the Ethiopian (Amhara highland) flower much much earlier in the season than usual. I call it Earlythiopian. Everything else I tried to do was pants! Win some...lose most, it seems with me. The Congo turned out to be the wildest plant I ever grew. Un-growable outdoors where I am and un-growable indoors anywhere!! At least I had better luck with some of the new Iranian lines. Hamadan was special, aroma-wise and there were two completely distinct phenotypes. The hash really took off if you mixed resin from both (short hash-plant and taller sativa style) before pressing, otherwise it was lop-sided either way.. clever Iranians. They've been farming the plant for a long long time..

Your suggestion to cross Thai and Jamaican lines worked really well. I'm just really getting to know Thai Jam now but I do love it, so. Let me know if you want to try it and I'll happily pass you a handful of seeds. It's Thai heavy, all the way (cannabis is so female-oriented..) but is quicker, easier, yieldier and has better quality flowers than either parent and many different Thai phenotypes pop up. My brother has taken a bunch of seeds to Costa Rica to try growing it in the Caribbean latitude. So far I have selected a very resinous plant with grilled meat and dried fruit as my favourite - a bit like Moroccan lamb and apricots..and a fantastic, clear, bubbly and happy effect. (The flavours do cure down to be a bit more subtle after a month. Beautiful.) All the plants so far had a very happy, buzzy, spiritual effect of utmost quality. Not too crazy, like a haze but utterly divine. You really do feel it and it really does feel nice. It makes for perfect wake-and-bake and the effect is crystal clear. The shape/structure of the plants and the yields really remind me of Super Silver Haze - of course it takes a few weeks longer and it is pure sativa and not a 50/50 so the buzz is much purer/clearer... but the shape of the plant, the length of the branches and the huge yield (I got around 14 ounces on the last one I grew.) really do have a SSH quality about them. I'm sure that there is much more to be found in the seeds but it is early days yet and I'm still searching.

I'm sure that you could do something special with a nice Thai Jam and your magic-mix haze fingers. Thai haze par excellence! I have a feeling that the Thai Jam would make a good male... it's the structure of it, and the vigour and it contains Cannabiogen's Meao-Thai godliness, of course. In the end, that's what the whole plant is really about, I suppose. A top top quality Thai (the best one) from a genius breeder.

I'm not sure that they sold even a pack of it at The Landrace Team, a real tragedy - completely wasted gems. I can't understand it. Maybe it'll have it's day? I'm not quite sure if that's the right place for it, there - they have a very specific clientele...

Its time to work out how to get a IG page going where we can swap/sell some our own unique sativa seeds with/to the community of great growers here... and not for the crazy prices... this years task...we'll see. It's not my greatest skill, all that stuff...

Humpy has a crew???!? Crumbs.

Grover Sativa

Veteran
View attachment 18941848
every time the fog comes in... it looks like this 😭
dense potent bud molds maybe not hay... ? this coast runs 90%RH all damn year...little less in winter
I have a copy of the original The Fog on VHS somewhere. Such a great film. I used to watch it all the time, with different friends - black and white but who cares? It makes it MORE scary..

It's really hard to grow decent marijuana in that kind of weather - the moulds just kill it as soon as it gets fat. Cold and mould is a shit combo. Props to anybody who manages it!

Grover Sativa

Veteran
it is art. of course it can inspire some psychopath, but even without it, psychopath can be activated by something else. when it has to happen, it will happen.

what I cant watch, or is very hard for me to watch it till the end, is this movie:

especially kind of Dante Alighieri style dialogs from hell are masterpiece though. that actor is fucking good. connection between architecture and killing, Adolf Hitler amateur architect with Speer are planning it. wow. theory of trophy. WTF? showing what these guys lack in their brain. void.

still cant watch it.
Somebody made a film about a psychopath who sewed people together arse-to-mouth to make a human centipede or caterpillar or something like that... the film was so popular that they made 2 further films about different psychos making different caterpillars (I think there were three in the end..)

None of it compares to the horrors of Reefer Madness, though.

Grover Sativa

Veteran
Did you make the Nev/Toms to preserve the Thai-like pheno of NH? or to improve NH? or just because you had the males on a different project at the same time as the NH?
Was the Thai-like pheno worth preserving? Was the result better than pure Tom's?
Do you think that there's a point in searching 10 NH females for a Thai style plant? When you could plant 10 Thai seeds and have 10 Thai-like plants...?
If you could choose any plant NOT to cross with a beautiful, uplifting, lemony Thai (or a mango/apricot one or a chocolatey one, for that matter..) would it be Northern Lights?

Just a thought.

Grover Sativa

Veteran
Yep never had a pure Sativa or even a NHz mold or pm on me. THH on the other hand ...
Tom grows and selects in the middle of the desert so, to be fair to him, he has never selected a plant for it's mould/PM resistance, how could he? His Pine-Tar Kush is so so nice but un-growable anywhere where there is even a hint of moisture in the air as it has no mould tolerance whatsoever. The quality of the cannabis, when it is grown right, however, is not in question, I think. The guy knows how to breed. Using the PTK as a mother in a cross will present problems for any grower who has mould issues in their garden, I think... but using a THH as a father shouldn't present a problem at all, I would have thought...so long as all is well with the mother..
Using a THH as a father to a Nevil Haze mother presents a different problem than moulds (for me, anyway..) and that is whichever father you choose... it's still a Nevil's Haze mother.. (sorry, Nev!)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I am growing posi haze in humid environment, where practically every dutch haze hybrids molds, except of Amnesia core cut, more than 15 years now. also my hybrids of toms haze are extremely resistant. it is all tested and proved in different environments. including south asia or hawaii.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Did you make the Nev/Toms to preserve the Thai-like pheno of NH? or to improve NH? or just because you had the males on a different project at the same time as the NH?
Was the Thai-like pheno worth preserving? Was the result better than pure Tom's?
Do you think that there's a point in searching 10 NH females for a Thai style plant? When you could plant 10 Thai seeds and have 10 Thai-like plants...?
If you could choose any plant NOT to cross with a beautiful, uplifting, lemony Thai (or a mango/apricot one or a chocolatey one, for that matter..) would it be Northern Lights?

Just a thought.

I pollinated it because I made reproduction of toms haze, and cut of Nhz was there. but I wanted to make crosses too, so I made this, peyote purple x, and trainwreck x... but didnt think about it too much, and I had no plan to grow it until my friend brought me indoor flowers of tw x THOhz.. that was breaking point.

sure it improves Nhz... hehehehehe. for us sativa lovers. because we want that quality of pure sativas, when every toke gets you higher than previous toke, this you cant get with any Nhz... you can smoke Nhz only to some point and then it is catatonia and comma. this cant happen to you with toms haze.

yeah I would not choose any wld. why? :D after experience with peyote purple x toms haze... it shortens duration, and I want my hybrids to be long lasting. like this guy is refering:

GreenAndFast said:
I smoked some tropical boogie this weekend and I must say it’s excellent. Incredible head. Clear as day but a mushroom type of vibe at first as you are adjusting. Really long legs easily 4 hours. Was at the beach staring at the sunset for what felt like hours haha

peyote purple x toms haze

full

for that thai pheno of Nhz you need like 20 - 30 females. we tested it extensively and it was not better than 5% pheno of Toms haze. no way. now it was stronger than average pheno of Toms haze for sure. just its effect had ceilling like I mentioned already.

well it depends what thai line you have. if that thai line can be up there with 70s thai genetics present in toms haze and Nhz... I would have to try your favorite double thai to answer it. is cbg thai trippy for you???

and with thai landrace you would have to grow around 50 females anyway to find that exceptional pheno, or more females...

Last edited:

spoores

it is art. of course it can inspire some psychopath, but even without it, psychopath can be activated by something else. when it has to happen, it will happen.

what I cant watch, or is very hard for me to watch it till the end, is this movie:

especially kind of Dante Alighieri style dialogs from hell are masterpiece though. that actor is fucking good. connection between architecture and killing, Adolf Hitler amateur architect with Speer are planning it. wow. theory of trophy. WTF? showing what these guys lack in their brain. void.

still cant watch it.
Hahah i saw this movie free on stream so clicked it, gave him my ...five minutes ...mostly at end, ohh soo booring 😃

spoores

But thats not whats goin on
ive smoked also that thh cut, mixet with trainwreck in greenhouse, yield good , growed like beast...but was totally without power even some grower (not maha) said its strongest till now, oh waste of time :) but we had an outdoor haze at north, man! 😃

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
But thats not whats goin on
ive smoked also that thh cut, mixet with trainwreck in greenhouse, yield good , growed like beast...but was totally without power even some grower (not maha) said its strongest till now, oh waste of time :) but we had an outdoor haze at north, man! 😃

yes, at 49N without ligh depping, it will not have power :D starts to flower mid September, and then you need like 12 weeks to finish it, so mid December for finish LOL and sunlight intensity in October is poor, not to comment light intensity in November or December hahahaha plus cold! frosts come late October... so it is nonsense to grow it without ligh depping so far North. you need to finish it late September/early October at your place.

where you got it? it is from me?

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I crossed trainwreck to a haze hybrid once....sheesh did that cross only produce the chronic! 100%, very good combination of genes, a cut of that got run indoor commercially here for years by some rastas that I knew.

Regarding the fog....I grew indoors and in low tech greenhouses in a temperate rainforest for like 10 years, humidity would rarely drop below 80%, and every morning from 7 to 9 in the morning it looked like the whole forest was on fire from the steamy fog that would be created by the sun hitting the canopy and dew all evaporating at once, evaporative cooling would drop temps to a few degrees above zero once the sun was up, almost every morning, which would then put the RH at 99% on the meters and the windows of my house would look like someone had a shower, in every room...humidity was wild. But I'd pull crop after crop...first year or two I'd get botritus losses sometimes almost half the crop, or even after harvest trying to dry it..

Trichoderma, (and Beauvaria bassiana and B.T. or B. Amyloq. bacteria etc, they all make anti-fungal enzymes), applied weekly to flowers as they develop with spray, AAC teas sprayed (with kelp in mix etc, even trichoderma brews sprayed diluted down 1/4 did absolute wonders from the enzyme soup), chitosan before and early flower and at half strength late flower, and having fresh mothers all the time and banging healthy clones would make a huge difference. And having dehumidification to remove the bulk of the moisture once harvested, to then turn them off and allow a slow dry for the last % of moisture. Then I managed to get those losses down to 1-2% and I'd be happy.

In hindsight, the clone that I ran commercially for those years, Exodus Cheese, the proper one, it is tolerant to viroid. I see now in hindsight after running thousands of different plants, and having testing and knowledge now that we didnt even have awareness of then, that all my stuff back then was probably infected but that clone was tolerant so my normal SOP for moms was to replace them every 3 months minimum and only take the fat healthy cuttings, no lower branches..in hindsight I was racing away from viroid load the whole time, all those years...the higher the viroid titer, the more budrot and PM etc...it is like a straight line graph, more viroid, more mold, more pests. Even these days trying to clear viroid out, as I cycle out infected genetics the last harvest there were tables fed with clean clones and tables with infected and tables with badly infected and I had a pest load that I was fighting, and the almost non infected plants had almost no pest pressure, and the more infected, more, and the most infected were riddled with pest and also had some minor botritus and a spot or two of PM, and that with my very rigorous IPM. But in later years I'd have that botritus and losses down to far less than 1%, I'd be happy. Though growing out clean material now come in from reputable tissue lab, whoa, night and day....My pressure due to molds has dropped off the cliff, and pests an ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure so the accountant no approving all the IPM requests I make, so they learnt their lesson there, again..LOL...clean from viroid plants wont lower your pest pressure, but if you have clean, and dirty plants, I see a clear pattern of the pests will favour the dirty plants over the clean plants, dirty plants the immune system also falls off the cliff, so makes sense.

Anyway I dont know how I missed this thread before, lots of reading back and catching up to do! Nevils haze x tom hill haze...haze for days!

spoores

yes, at 49N without ligh depping, it will not have power :D starts to flower mid September, and then you need like 12 weeks to finish it, so mid December for finish LOL and sunlight intensity in October is poor, not to comment light intensity in November or December hahahaha plus cold! frosts come late October... so it is nonsense to grow it without ligh depping so far North. you need to finish it late September/early October at your place.

where you got it? it is from me?
friend had it from someone on forum
maybe exchanged i dont know exactly its six seven years maybe
in compare to others more potent classocs, at end of october was almost done.. ... i think somewhere you mentioned thh have 5thc?
Yes i know its not good idea to trying good sativa here, but i do it instead
Light dep is very good idea , dont have a chance unfortunately
😃

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I crossed trainwreck to a haze hybrid once....sheesh did that cross only produce the chronic! 100%, very good combination of genes, a cut of that got run indoor commercially here for years by some rastas that I knew.
yes... :D I am sure it was.

I tried trainwreck x nevilles haze from Scott(rare dankness), and trainwreck x sour diesel, and both was very strong.

trainwreck x sour diesel ibl

full

now I am using trainwreck/thai cut for my thaihaze male.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Thanks, my friend! It's good to be back. I've been working on creating breeding males - an invaluable tool... but it's not as straightforwards as I thought it might be to do that - and selecting males means growing and flowering males- which means losing a space where you could have had a female...painful and costly.. I think I've worked out that it's better to select a female with all the desirable traits and then inbreed/backcross until you have male descendants which (more or less) she has passed all her traits to and then select the best from one of those. Hmmmm - lots of work there... I think that project needs careful planning and lots of thought. - Stupid hobby. So complicated and time-consuming. I do love it, though.

I've also been trying to reproduce some African Landrace lines (sativa, of course) - with very little success - the best (all) I've managed so far is an Ethiopian/Iraqi cross - the Iraqi flowers at just 6 hours of darkness and so it makes the Ethiopian (Amhara highland) flower much much earlier in the season than usual. I call it Earlythiopian. Everything else I tried to do was pants! Win some...lose most, it seems with me. The Congo turned out to be the wildest plant I ever grew. Un-growable outdoors where I am and un-growable indoors anywhere!! At least I had better luck with some of the new Iranian lines. Hamadan was special, aroma-wise and there were two completely distinct phenotypes. The hash really took off if you mixed resin from both (short hash-plant and taller sativa style) before pressing, otherwise it was lop-sided either way.. clever Iranians. They've been farming the plant for a long long time..

Your suggestion to cross Thai and Jamaican lines worked really well. I'm just really getting to know Thai Jam now but I do love it, so. Let me know if you want to try it and I'll happily pass you a handful of seeds. It's Thai heavy, all the way (cannabis is so female-oriented..) but is quicker, easier, yieldier and has better quality flowers than either parent and many different Thai phenotypes pop up. My brother has taken a bunch of seeds to Costa Rica to try growing it in the Caribbean latitude. So far I have selected a very resinous plant with grilled meat and dried fruit as my favourite - a bit like Moroccan lamb and apricots..and a fantastic, clear, bubbly and happy effect. (The flavours do cure down to be a bit more subtle after a month. Beautiful.) All the plants so far had a very happy, buzzy, spiritual effect of utmost quality. Not too crazy, like a haze but utterly divine. You really do feel it and it really does feel nice. It makes for perfect wake-and-bake and the effect is crystal clear. The shape/structure of the plants and the yields really remind me of Super Silver Haze - of course it takes a few weeks longer and it is pure sativa and not a 50/50 so the buzz is much purer/clearer... but the shape of the plant, the length of the branches and the huge yield (I got around 14 ounces on the last one I grew.) really do have a SSH quality about them. I'm sure that there is much more to be found in the seeds but it is early days yet and I'm still searching.

I'm sure that you could do something special with a nice Thai Jam and your magic-mix haze fingers. Thai haze par excellence! I have a feeling that the Thai Jam would make a good male... it's the structure of it, and the vigour and it contains Cannabiogen's Meao-Thai godliness, of course. In the end, that's what the whole plant is really about, I suppose. A top top quality Thai (the best one) from a genius breeder.
yes, when I told my brother that we will flower only males, 30 of them, he looked at me with that strange face... it was at his place, so I had to pay electricity to him and gave him a lot of weed to compensate his lost LOL but as you see, it paid off and we found excellent breeder male. now after growing the progeny of him, my bro understands the hunt for male... I love it too. I wanted them to flower as long as possible, so we can see resin production, but after 5 weeks of flowering I was decided for this one we have now. we still keep other 5 or 6 males, it is still untested as like you say it is time and money consuming.

sounds like good thai cross... sure I am interested in it... spiritual effect that's what you want from Jamaican. that's sure. simply very unique combination with cbg thai.

when you know line intimately it is not so hard to choose male, as you know his sisters, but of course only testing progeny will tell you, and of course not every mother combines with selected male how you want.

I crossed him with bshw, but never released as occur of great phenotypes was lower and it came out more like mexican speedy weed than thai weed. so it was not successful as thaihaze hybrid. only one pheno out of 10 females was thai-like.

another outcross I didnt release, was Hawaiian Gas(hawaiian webbed indica/molokai frost x thaihaze male), too much indica, less than in cross with PP, and hermie issues. so not all outcrosses were excellent.

also in cross with DieselF13 mom, it was great I love it, but DF13 reduced edginess of thai effect. it is good for those who like high elevation and clarity, but dont like edgy jittery effect.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it can look like that, that if you select only the best plants of inbred line and use them for further generation, for reproduction, you can improve line like that. though it is illusion. tropical line doesnt work like that. maybe it is possible at indica lines. dunno.

like some people noticed, that when Thais and Cambodians were grown on large scale in 70s, quality was excellent. when it changed to small grows for various reasons, like DEA interventions etc.., quality dropped. this is not about selection. selection is important as fresh first generation hybrids and then it is important in move from F2s to F3s generation. but not important at inbred line which are like F20 or more... selection at inbred line will lead to more inbreeding and it means to locking some genes which you can unlock only in outcross, and you can inbred it so much, that sometimes it is impossible to unlock it.

good example is bshw line I got, it is so inbred through selections, that it is impossible to unlock it. impossible to open those genes there. be careful with reproduction.

thats why Skunkman says that real and only reproduction is open pollination of at least 500 males to 500 females, if its less numbers than you can loose some important genes, those genes can appear as marginal according to smoke reports of phenos, but they are very important in the whole genetic system(how genes are expressed, emitted and distributed in to phenotype in certain environment), and when they are selected out as weak, you can loose even those which you assume as strong... weak/strong work together in synergy.

I think Tom doesn't use such high number for reproduction of his haze, but I am sure he is not selecting parents for reproduction. he knows how it works.

Last edited: