What's new

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

Love the work you are doing SolarLogos! Very inspiring!
There is so much food for thought in your reports for us to digest

Glad all the Honduras x Panama came out great with the desirable combination of traits from both sativa parent lines,
crossed with Oldtimer's Haze will produce a dream become true for lovers of Central American sativas.

Your description of the Vietnam Black psychoactivity matches a lot with my experience with this strain: a very motivating, clear, happy, positive and pleasant effect, non anxious or paranoid.
Who did the Killer A5 Haze x VB cross ? The compact shorter flowering pheno looks indeed like a NL pheno. Really interesting, even more crossed with Oldtimer's Haze.

Really nice to know you are so much into OTH hybrids lately.
The Afghani/Malawi x OTH cola is amazing Talk about hybrid vigor!
Even with a touch of Afghani, straight Oldtimer's Haze crosses are always very Haze dominant.

Interesting outcome on the Zamaldelica x Mama Thai, based on the structure of the plant and its flowers looks indeed like it has some kind of Skunk/indica influence. Looks very appealing nonetheless.

Happy to hear the HashPlant Haze x Kali China produced the strongest plant from last season, with great bag appeal, yield and potency The HPH mother is very similar to C5 Haze, woody lime/lemony Thaish terpenes with a soft Moroccan hash polm aftertaste, so guess the louder meaty terpenes come from the Kali China side, these kind of terpenes are what i was looking for to add to the HPH and C5 crosses with KC, and reinforced them in the A5 x KC cross as A5 is also very loud in the meaty incensey terpenes.

Wish you more luck with the Cambodian Khmer Gold than we had, we only had around 15 plants but all came out hermie indoors under LED. I see others found relatively stable sexual parent plants in the line, hopefully it can preserved with your work too. It would be very important to 'clean' the hermaphroditism from the original seeds, then start to select for quality of terpenes and effects after that in upcoming generations.

Your insights on the different strains are much appreciated.
Glad you have had a pleasant lockdown with the plants and family!
Best wishes for this year projects and outdoor season! :ying:
Thank you very much for your kind words my dear friend Dubi. It was really fun year last year, growing and experiencing all these different genetics. I've learned a small bit about breeding the last couple seasons and as you've said before, having stable parents to work with is really everything. Fortunately, there are so many great parental lines to be found in all of your offerings at Ace, it's really hard to go wrong.
I harvested the Afghan/Malawi x OTH haze today. I have one more in flower, but she is much more haze and will take a while longer. I will get some pics of her tomorrow. Unfortunately, 18 out of 20 of the Afghan x Malawi and it's progeny had a couple of bananas in late flower, so I'm discontinuing any further work on this. Here is the top of the one I harvested today, still all haze smells

The Zamaldelica x Mama Thai: I've tried a flower from the earlier finishing, skunkier pheno and so far, it's potent, less edgy than zamaldelica and a bit more dreamy in effects. I will evaluate her again in 6 months. The other pheno has a nice musty lemon, very similar to panama but not as sweet. Both had bananas in late flower so I will also be discontinuing any work on this.
The real prize is the Ka5/VBxOTH. I harvested the tops as I posted earlier and sampled a small flower. The 1st time I tried her, I hadn't had enough sleep and felt it was a bit too edgy with the coffee. I tried her again the other day and it was very potent, one of the most potent sativa I've ever smoked. Energy was much more manageable, very upbeat and positive. She is still a very happy, high, but more dreamy and visual. A lot of pressure in the top of the head, none behind the eyes, all above the eyebrows. A lot of energy starting in the chest/heart chakra to the crown and out. Rushes of energy for and hour and half to two hours. Effects are immediate and continue to build at least another 25 minutes. Overall effects are long, a little over 4 hours. Flavor is very much incense and again, grilled meat. It's not as "livery" as the taste of HPHxKC, but 70% incense, 30% meaty. I think you mentioned you thought that taste came from KC, but it showed up here and I'm thinking maybe its from the haze. I really don't know where it showed up. The smoke is very light and subtle and hardly feels like you are inhaling anything, until it starts to expand. I am very pleased overall with her. No bananas on any of these hybrids. I believe I gave my buddy 6 or 8 of these and I kept 4. This NL pheno is the only short pheno, finishing in 14 weeks from the flip. I plan to reveg her and I've collected lots of seeds from her, pollinated with NevHaze x VB, so I hope to find a suitable male to back cross into her. With 3 different haze lines and 2 different Vietnamese Black lines in it, there should be a huge selection of phenos to go through.
The Ka5 x Vietnamese Black was a cross done by Mr. D. I have been looking for him, but it seems he is inactive. I have some seeds I promised him, so if he sees this, please contact me.
I've got more Hondurans up, the purple haze satellite, as well as some others I will get posted her soon. I do have Honduran/Panama x OTH seeds, but just didn't have time to get to them.
Again I'm sorry to hear about your Cambodians. So far, everything is going ok on my end. I start week 3 of flower tomorrow and so far have identified 3 males. This strain requires a bit of attention to stay happy in small containers, but so far they are managing fine. I will get some update on them too.

Thanks again Dubi!:huggy:

SolarLogos

Fantastic finish on those Solar. Knocks me out every time I look at those KA5/VB x OTH pics. :dance013:

Can’t wait to hear the smoke report!

Cheers
F2F
Thank you brother. Once I finish the work with her, revegging, growing out her seeds, then Bx, you will be the first to try them out. I didn't have room to post this in the last post, but here is the Cambodians, I'm standing in the middle of them.

Thanks again my friend,
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Here is the next round coming up for this OD and some GH winter grow.
Purple haze satellite

These two are two different strains I brought back from Jamaica.

Top two: World of Seeds Santa Mart Colombian Gold x Original Haze
Bottom two: Zamal x Tom Hill Haze

Three Koh Chang Thai/Thai Stick x Tom Hill Haze

and some Hondurans. The top 3 top are from Plant #5 and the bottom are from #6. #5 seems to be a bit narrower and overall smaller than #6, we will see where they end at the finish line. As most of you know, Honduran is probably my all time favorite

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Purple haze Satellite, Thai x THH

The 3 on the left are (Koh Chang Thai x Thai Stick)xTom Hill Haze and the one on the right is Purple Haze Satellite.

Purple Haze Satellite

ThaixTHH

BTW, the bracelet I wear was made by my daughter when she was 5 years old. She put it on me and it has never come off. It's my most cherished and valued possession.
Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Khmer Gold

Khmer Gold

I have 8 females left. The good news is that so far all the females are stable, but I realize there is a long time for that to change. I have one of each OD that will likely be the recipients of the reversed pollen. I have a back up of clones and new clones rooting. The new clones will be the ones I reverse.
The girls in the flower room are in week 5. I have some OHz pollen, Vietnamese Black, and OTH in the freezer. I plan to hit a few branches. The main plan though at this point in the game is to find out which are going to remain stable and evaluate smoke from the first set of clones, then search for the best moms for breeding.
Here are some clones in the flower room. They are still in 1 gal/4 liter pots and doing fine. I've been foliar spraying with Ca, they need more under LED and with small pots.

RED 1

The 3 on the left are (Koh Chang Thai x Thai Stick)xTom Hill Haze and the one on the right is Purple Haze Satellite.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83027&pictureid=2051611&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Purple Haze Satellite
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83027&pictureid=2051610&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

ThaixTHH
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83027&pictureid=2051612&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83027&pictureid=2051613&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83027&pictureid=2051614&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

BTW, the bracelet I wear was made by my daughter when she was 5 years old. She put it on me and it has never come off. It's my most cherished and valued possession.
Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, God bless

"my most cherished and valued possession"
10yrs on, she was 4 when she said it looked nice on me

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_094625.jpg
    IMG_20200626_094625.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 24

SolarLogos

The plants are really hitting their stride. They are growing noticeably daily. They will continue this for another month and start their stretch in a month. Their nodes should start off-setting at the end of the month. The PHS showed sex at the same time as the Purple Satellite side of the cross. It will be interesting to see when she goes into flower and finishes.

I transplanted the Purple Haze Satellite and the 3 (Koh Chang Thai x Thai Stick) x Tom Hill Haze. I've been told the TTxTHH is an electric train-ride; I can't wait to try her. The PHS is a beautiful Christmas tree shaped Sativa, with the lower branches largest, smallest on top while the TTxTHH are typical SE Asian, short branching from top to bottom. Both display plenty of vigor from the F1 heterosis.

PHS

TTxTHH

Thanks for stopping by
Peace, God bless

F2F

Looking great as always Solar. Always so many interesting things going on.

What parts of the haze do you see coming through in the PHS? The PS is still there but different, more narrow leaf I think.

TTxTHH I’m following keenly. Hope you knock that one outta the park. Sounds like your style of high given your report on the Ka5/VBxOTH cross. :) Looking forward to your Zamal x THH as well. :yes:

Cheers
F2F

SolarLogos

Looking great as always Solar. Always so many interesting things going on.

What parts of the haze do you see coming through in the PHS? The PS is still there but different, more narrow leaf I think.

TTxTHH I’m following keenly. Hope you knock that one outta the park. Sounds like your style of high given your report on the Ka5/VBxOTH cross. :) Looking forward to your Zamal x THH as well. :yes:

Cheers
F2F
Thanks brother, that's a great question on the PHS. So far, I'm getting an ideal mix of PH and PS. The overall structure is that of haze. The PS did not branch. I had to take the bottom 3 nodes off of them as they weren't worth keeping. This girl branches like the haze, largest branches coming from the bottom. The stalk and stems are also much thicker than PS and there is no purple. All the PS were purple or had purple stripes. This girl is all green, which is what is expected from the PH until the cold turns it purple. The leaves do look PS, but like you said, much more narrow. So far, they showed sex the same week as the PS did last year, a month before the haze, so hopefully I'm getting the early flowering/finishing from the PS side of the cross.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

SMCGxOHz

SMCGxOHz

Last year I grew out WOS Santa Marta Colombian Gold. She turned out great, a really nice, potent high. The flowers have dark red hairs and smell is what I call "Mexican spicy sativa" with pepper and a dirty sock/musty smell in the background. It is very close to being skunk, but not quite there yet, a little towards the incense side. The effects are stimulating, potent with only a little body tiredness at comedown. I crossed her with Original Haze pollen, which narrowed the leaves quite a bit. I did not get many seeds, but fortunately I have a male and female. The female is even stinkier than her mom, but same smells. I will make hundreds of seeds so there will be plenty of F2 seeds to search through

SMCG

SMCGxOHz

Male on the left, untopped. The female is topped on the right

I also plan to pollinate the purple haze satellite with the male SMCGxOHz pollen

Here are two Zamal x Tom Hill Haze. The male is dropping early pollen, so I pollinated my best Khmer Gold, so far all females are stable.

Male

Female

My 3 Koh Chang Thai/74Thai Stick x Tom Hill Haze. All 3 are females and have a nice lemon oil scent.

I'll be happy to give away seeds with anyone in the US when these projects are done. Sorry, I don't like filling out custom forms, I hope you can all understand.
Thanks for stopping by
Peace, God bless

F2F

Last year I grew out WOS Santa Marta Colombian Gold. She turned out great, a really nice, potent high. The flowers have dark red hairs and smell is what I call "Mexican spicy sativa" with pepper and a dirty sock/musty smell in the background. It is very close to being skunk, but not quite there yet, a little towards the incense side. The effects are stimulating, potent with only a little body tiredness at comedown. I crossed her with Original Haze pollen, which narrowed the leaves quite a bit. I did not get many seeds, but fortunately I have a male and female. The female is even stinkier than her mom, but same smells. I will make hundreds of seeds so there will be plenty of F2 seeds to search through

SMCG

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83885&pictureid=2058982&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

SMCGxOHz

Male on the left, untopped. The female is topped on the right
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83885&pictureid=2058976&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I also plan to pollinate the purple haze satellite with the male SMCGxOHz pollen

Here are two Zamal x Tom Hill Haze. The male is dropping early pollen, so I pollinated my best Khmer Gold, so far all females are stable.

Male
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83322&pictureid=2058970&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Female
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83322&pictureid=2058971&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

My 3 Koh Chang Thai/74Thai Stick x Tom Hill Haze. All 3 are females and have a nice lemon oil scent.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83322&pictureid=2058969&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I'll be happy to give away seeds with anyone in the US when these projects are done. Sorry, I don't like filling out custom forms, I hope you can all understand.
Thanks for stopping by
Peace, God bless

Hiya Solar

Great update. Much appreciated.

That SMCG...mmmmm, :yummy: golden goodness! That’s a good and proper review for folks wondering on the WOS accession. The OHz cross will for sure be interesting to watch and hear about smoke-wise.

Is it surprising to you to see the Zamal x THH male dropping so early? Looks like he is OD and would have thought later would have been the case. Perhaps some of the Zamal auto traits coming through?

Those Thai/Thai x THH are very pretty. Looks like productive side branching but still rather compact and columnar structure. and who doesn’t love lemon terps? :)

Thanks again for sharing. All of us OD folks are on the edges of our seats these days I think. :clock watch:

Peace,
F2F

SolarLogos

Hiya Solar

Great update. Much appreciated.

That SMCG...mmmmm, :yummy: golden goodness! That’s a good and proper review for folks wondering on the WOS accession. The OHz cross will for sure be interesting to watch and hear about smoke-wise.

Is it surprising to you to see the Zamal x THH male dropping so early? Looks like he is OD and would have thought later would have been the case. Perhaps some of the Zamal auto traits coming through?

Those Thai/Thai x THH are very pretty. Looks like productive side branching but still rather compact and columnar structure. and who doesn’t love lemon terps? :)

Thanks again for sharing. All of us OD folks are on the edges of our seats these days I think. :clock watch:

Peace,
F2F
Thank you brother, the Zamal x THH female was the 1st plant in my yard to shoot out pistils, same time as the early sacs on the males. The pollen sacs are located only on the main stem at each internode in the upper middle of the plant. The girl has long hairs at each internode and long erect pointed calyxes.
The Thai x THH is very columnar, you are correct and it just started branching out a few weeks ago. I was disappointed not to get a male this round, but there is always the next round. The 3 girls seem to lean very much Thai and lemon terps really seal the deal.
Thanks again for stopping by,
Peace, God bless

deepwaterdude

Just gorgeous work, my friend. Having lived in Colombia for a few years, anything SMCG pricks my ears;) Oh, and I formally request a spot on your sharing list, Sir.:tiphat:

SolarLogos

Just gorgeous work, my friend. Having lived in Colombia for a few years, anything SMCG pricks my ears;) Oh, and I formally request a spot on your sharing list, Sir.:tiphat:
Thank you brother, hopefully seeds will be ready by Christmas, so I'll be makin a list an checkin it twice.:biggrin:
I figure if I like something this much, others will too; that's why I love to give them out. We are only here for one cycle of life, so make the best of it and share as much love and joy as you can, it's something you will never regret.:tiphat:

Peace, God bless

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
SolarLogos, this thread always makes my day a little brighter!
Thank you brother.
Peace

SolarLogos

SolarLogos, this thread always makes my day a little brighter!
Thank you brother.
Peace
Thank you very much brother, it's good to hear from you. I'm glad mama lion is done with treatments, you two are in my thoughts and still sending prayers your way. :huggg:
It's been so busy here and the temperatures are finally dropping to about 92 as an average. The plants have been drinking 3 times a day to keep from wilting.

Purple Haze Satellite is still stretching, offsetting nodes and putting on bud sites. She is further into flower mode than any of the rest. Her and the Koh Chang/Thai Stick x THH are about 8 feet tall, so I have them bent over to keep them under the legal limit of 6 feet in height. I have a scrog net in the greenhouse for this winter, so bending them over now to train them for when they go in for the winter.
Purple Haze Satellite

Thai x THH (3 girls)

I'll post the Honduran's in the Honduran thread and update more.

SolarLogos

Ka5/VBxOTH Smoke report

Ka5/VBxOTH Smoke report

I have been eating cobs and edibles for quite a while and hadn't smoked in a few weeks. Lungs feel great again.
At 7:00 this morning I decided to give edibles a break and smoked a joint of the Ka5/VBxOTH, the short 14-week pheno. It only has a 10 week cure but has evolved to the point that I can say, I wish every day was like this stuff, this should be the norm.
The taste is grilled meat incense. It is very similar in taste to Ace's HPHxKC, but more towards meat and not liver/pate. She is all consciousness, excellent for contemplation of abstract thinking or symbolic thought. Very enlightening. Everything in its proper place, it’s a proper perspective. A bit strong, but a great in control feeling; it's a well-grounded high, without experiencing an altered dimensional state of consciousness, or feeling detached from the physical realm. There is no big energy, but no tired feeling either, just normal energy levels. Therefore, she hasn't exhibited any anxiety or paranoia. Rather, she is the most peaceful experience on cannabis I’ve had without it being overly mellow or narcotic. Moderately dreamy, and visually everything is very bright, shiny, moderate spacial distortion, time distortion, everything looks more beautiful than ever. At one point, after about 2 hours, I was laughing hysterically, with tears running down my face at things that were clever, but really not so funny in retrospect. At 10:00 I was just leveling off of the peak and smoked again. It's 2:00pm and it's still going great. Long legs and potent, yet so kind. I haven't tried to see if there is a ceiling on this, but I doubt it. It doesn't take long to get you to the point you don't feel you need more, 3-4 hits is enough.

Latest posts

Latest posts