What's new

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

Hi SolarLogos!

Really nice to see you back friend Your presence was greatly missed!
It's good to take a break when needed, you covered so many strains and plants last season that is fully understandable.
I hope you also can accept my apologies for not replying lately to this thread, we were so much in touch through pms during the grow that i thought i did.

It has been a real pleasure to revisit in detail your amazing thread from last season, you grew so many amazing sativa strains that i don't where to start
First of all, i would like to give you a big THANKS Your passion for details, your dedication and kindness are laudable and contagious.

I love the way of your outcome and selections with the Honduras x Panama F1 hybrid and how you pay attention for the detail on each plant. Visually the flowers of all your different H x P females have that unmistakable and desirable Panama look (pure Honduras types are very hairy and less resinous), although some have a flower distribution closer to the Honduran. Glad the Honduras terpenes and effects shine in some of them, your comments about how you prefer the ones that lean towards the Honduras psychoactivity are very interesting, the ultra clean and uplifting qualities without ceiling of the Honduras enhanced by Panama Goddess potency are very desirable for sativa lovers looking for those type of effects which unfortunately are so rare nowadays. Positive experiences like yours and from other growers made me finally decided to include this Central American sativa F1 hybrid into our permanent catalogue.

It was surprising to see how long took the Nevil's Haze x Panama to finish, i think you got a near pure Haze expression, both Nevil's Haze and Panama Goddess have exceptional flower structures with very high flower to leaf ratios, but the near pure Haze expressions from hybrids of this Nevil's Haze tend to be more leafy (a bit like in the near pure Haze phenos of Super Malawi Haze: Nevil's Haze x Malawi).

Really pleased that you managed to bring the Oldtimer's Hazes until the very end and that you found the sought after Purple Haze pheno. Honestly, i'm really excited about all the different crosses you have produced, especially the Oldtimer's Haze crosses (happy to see how you mastered the reversion process ). Man, some of them are a dream come true for tropical sativa lovers, i especially like the sound of Honduras x Panama and Purple Satellite crossed with Oldtimer's Haze, i hope you have the chance to grow some seeds of each this year, i seriously think they will be dynamite!

How was reproduction of the Vietnam Black ? Did you find interesting plants ? Did you manage to reproduce the strain in pure form ? I really miss to grow this strain from seed in pure form as i didn't manage to find sexually firm males to keep the line in pure form in a seedline.

Interesting you are also trying to preserve the Khmer Gold, so happy to see your plants, we are also in the process of trying to preserve this line, our seeds germinated just 2-3 weeks ago so we are a bit behind than you, we also had a low germination rate, hope both can find enough interesting and sexually stable parent plants to keep the line alive, this is probably the last chance to do it since the original Khmer Gold seeds from Gypsy are losing their viability.

I agree with you that is better to plant late the most long flowering tropical sativas in pots, no matter how big is the pot, if planted too early they will grow and grow and will eventually get root bounded during flowering, when they really need the availability of plenty of nutrients. Planted directly in the ground is a complete different story.

Wish you are enjoying a lot your well deserved harvest.
Much love to you and your family! Hope you are all doing fine and healthy.
Thank you for your very kind words my dear friend. It's nice to be back on the Ace forum doing what I love doing.

It's been busier during the lockdown for me now that everyone is home. Either way, it's going to be another busy, but fun year growing, I have a lot of different stuff lined up.

The Vietnamese Black turned out to be one of the happiest, make you laugh for no reason kind of high. Medium high potency and all great up vibes. Slightly electric but no anxiousness or paranoid feelings. The Ka5 x VB was another excellent VB effects, but with the added power of the Malawi. I crossed her out to OTH and as expected, most are very extreme sativa, but out of nowhere, comes this beautiful compact girl. I'm not sure if she is leaning more towards Malawi or the NL in the Ka5.
Here is an example of how 3 of the Ka5/VB x OTH came out. Absolutely very beautiful plants for sativa.

Here is the compact pheno, all went into flower at the same time and yet this one is a fast finisher. They are all in week 10 of flower.

Afghan/Malawi x OTH that decided to really haze out. Here is the top. Sorry, I thought I turned the light off

It's late here, but I will try to get to your questions tomorrow and update on a few other plants I have going on.
I'm glad to know the virus has not reached your village my friend. Enjoy those lovely spring walks with the family. We have been out walking the dog each day, but starting Monday, everyone is required to have a mask on their face in public.
Peace, God bless my friend!

SolarLogos

Hi SolarLogos!

Really nice to see you back friend Your presence was greatly missed!
It's good to take a break when needed, you covered so many strains and plants last season that is fully understandable.
I hope you also can accept my apologies for not replying lately to this thread, we were so much in touch through pms during the grow that i thought i did.

It has been a real pleasure to revisit in detail your amazing thread from last season, you grew so many amazing sativa strains that i don't where to start
First of all, i would like to give you a big THANKS Your passion for details, your dedication and kindness are laudable and contagious.

I love the way of your outcome and selections with the Honduras x Panama F1 hybrid and how you pay attention for the detail on each plant. Visually the flowers of all your different H x P females have that unmistakable and desirable Panama look (pure Honduras types are very hairy and less resinous), although some have a flower distribution closer to the Honduran. Glad the Honduras terpenes and effects shine in some of them, your comments about how you prefer the ones that lean towards the Honduras psychoactivity are very interesting, the ultra clean and uplifting qualities without ceiling of the Honduras enhanced by Panama Goddess potency are very desirable for sativa lovers looking for those type of effects which unfortunately are so rare nowadays. Positive experiences like yours and from other growers made me finally decided to include this Central American sativa F1 hybrid into our permanent catalogue.

It was surprising to see how long took the Nevil's Haze x Panama to finish, i think you got a near pure Haze expression, both Nevil's Haze and Panama Goddess have exceptional flower structures with very high flower to leaf ratios, but the near pure Haze expressions from hybrids of this Nevil's Haze tend to be more leafy (a bit like in the near pure Haze phenos of Super Malawi Haze: Nevil's Haze x Malawi).

Really pleased that you managed to bring the Oldtimer's Hazes until the very end and that you found the sought after Purple Haze pheno. Honestly, i'm really excited about all the different crosses you have produced, especially the Oldtimer's Haze crosses (happy to see how you mastered the reversion process ). Man, some of them are a dream come true for tropical sativa lovers, i especially like the sound of Honduras x Panama and Purple Satellite crossed with Oldtimer's Haze, i hope you have the chance to grow some seeds of each this year, i seriously think they will be dynamite!

How was reproduction of the Vietnam Black ? Did you find interesting plants ? Did you manage to reproduce the strain in pure form ? I really miss to grow this strain from seed in pure form as i didn't manage to find sexually firm males to keep the line in pure form in a seedline.

Interesting you are also trying to preserve the Khmer Gold, so happy to see your plants, we are also in the process of trying to preserve this line, our seeds germinated just 2-3 weeks ago so we are a bit behind than you, we also had a low germination rate, hope both can find enough interesting and sexually stable parent plants to keep the line alive, this is probably the last chance to do it since the original Khmer Gold seeds from Gypsy are losing their viability.

I agree with you that is better to plant late the most long flowering tropical sativas in pots, no matter how big is the pot, if planted too early they will grow and grow and will eventually get root bounded during flowering, when they really need the availability of plenty of nutrients. Planted directly in the ground is a complete different story.

Wish you are enjoying a lot your well deserved harvest.
Much love to you and your family! Hope you are all doing fine and healthy.

Dubi, your knowledge of the outcome of these strains is spot on. I had the 3 different pheno's of the Honduran x Panama and after 5 months curing the smells are out of this world. Each pheno had a characteristic all of it's own, but ranged from a very old school spicey-Mexican terpenes of the highest quality, to the most sublime, pleasantly musty lemon incense. The smell has permeated my large curing cabinet and closing my eyes to take a nice slow breath as I open the cabinet has become a ritual. Curing time on this one cannot be over stated. Time brings out more prominent the Honduran effects in all 3 phenos, while improving the dreamy, yet psychedelic effects of the Panama Goddess. The terpenes become more homogeneous during cure and bring both quality and cleanness to the smell. Both sides of the cross really show their best over time.

The HPH x KC was probably the most powerful of the strains I grew last season. The huge, hard flowers with those oversize calyxes trim down to some serious bag appeal. The high is mostly extroverted, a lot of distortion of time and space, but also with some confusion. It settles down after 30 minutes. Over all effects are more psychedelic, less euphoria. Effects do last around 4-4.5 hours. It has an interesting smell and taste. Taste is of incense, wood, but the smell is like grilled meat and Sandalwood perhaps. It will make your kitchen smell like someone grilled some meat while burning incense.
I only recently tried the Nevil's haze x Panama, some fermented cob. I've been into eating my cannabis a lot lately, especially with the lockdown. Eating it in decent dosages gives me a full on trip, very psychedelic experience. Doorways that look too narrow to enter, reaching heights that reach the point of a blade and your not sure if you want to go over that edge. Highly recommend it as edibles.

I have one Khmer Gold that has 11 fingers all over. The others have either 7 or 9 fingers. I have a few that have the legendary red blood and the others clear sap. Some interesting traits. I love the bell shape of the leaves, I'm assuming this is customary in this strain. Small growth at the nodes, looking like calyxes on 4 of them, but no hairs yet. Some in the back, a few of the small clones up front. They are really putting on size.

11 fingers

Double serrated

We have been around 94F/34c for about a week and the plants acclimated well. Seems they love the sun and are growing noticeably by the day.
I cannot thank you enough for the opportunity to test those crosses for you last season. The last couple of seasons have been great, looking forward to some fun days ahead. I hope you are also enjoying some beautiful warm days outdoors in your garden. Stay safe my dear friend.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
So spaced out right now on Panama cob I cant think of anything useful to say but man that sounds like heaven.

SolarLogos

So spaced out right now on Panama cob I cant think of anything useful to say but man that sounds like heaven.
Greetings brother Tang, I can't thank you enough for turning me onto eating cobs. So much better than normal decarbed edibles. The closed eye visuals are the norm, some of the craziest cartoons I've ever seen! I've been creative with food, but lately just powder it in a whirly grinder and steep it with tea and honey. Speaking of, I'm off to make some tea. Stay safe brother:tiphat:

SolarLogos

Khmer Gold

Khmer Gold

A couple of Cambodians showing the legendary red blood. I remember hearing about this strain back in the late 70's and had always wanted to try it; I can't believe it's taken me this long to finally get my hands on it.

Thanks for stopping by

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Zamaldelica x Mama Thai

Zamaldelica x Mama Thai

Here is Zamaldelica x Mama Thai. She smells of fruit and carrot like her mom, but an added fir/cedar tree pitch/resin in the background, possibly from the Skunk#1 side of the Mama Thai.

I harvested one of the Afghan/Malawi x OTH. I sampled some and the effects are very strong, uplifting, happy, lots and lots of euphoria coming in waves. Uplifting, focused haze effects, but after an hour the relaxing effects come on bodily. Not exactly couchlock, but pretty relaxing.

Here is another Afghan/Malawi x OTH. This is the one with the huge top. She is really hazing out

Right now, the plants are enjoying the blue hour. Blue hour is 20 minutes during civil dawn before the sun comes up over the horizon. This is the time highest in UV a&b. I have UVa&b lights that come on 30 minutes before the flower lights come on. They stay on for half-hour after the flower lights come on, to minimize any stretch. I have far-red that comes on 30 minutes before lights go out and stay on another 30 minutes after the flower lights go out. I theorize that just as the far red puts them to sleep, the blue light wakes them up. If plants take 2 hours of darkness to go to sleep without the use of far red, perhaps they also need a bit of time to wake up before lights go on. We'll see if I notice any results
Peace, God bless

F2F

That Afghan/Malawi x OTH has an awesome top and is going to be cool to see how it fills and finishes. No idea where you find the time to run all these but very impressive skills indeed.

Peace,
F2F

SolarLogos

That Afghan/Malawi x OTH has an awesome top and is going to be cool to see how it fills and finishes. No idea where you find the time to run all these but very impressive skills indeed.

Peace,
F2F
Thank you brother. You know, the center of that Afghan/Malawi x OTH is very solid like an indica bud, those haze flowers on the outside are just bonus points:woohoo:
Where do I get the time? I'm retired, cannabis is my time:biggrin: Actually I was planning to take time off, but I just slowed down a little for a month. The problem with time is there is not enough for all the strains I want to grow, cross, smoke.

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Khmer Gold

Khmer Gold

These have braved the high winds and rains and seem to enjoy it. They are growing noticeably daily. They stand at eye level now. Their bamboo stalks are pretty strong. Here they are in the wind today

All of the second set of clones rooted and are getting accustomed to their new feet. They will get topped this weekend and off to the flower room in a couple weeks. Another set of clones rooting for later selection.

Hey, SolarLogos, really inspiring thread and impressive, gorgeous plants! Thanks for sharing your garden with us! I'm glad you continued growing this season -looking forward to following along.

SolarLogos

Hey, SolarLogos, really inspiring thread and impressive, gorgeous plants! Thanks for sharing your garden with us! I'm glad you continued growing this season -looking forward to following along.
Thank you brother, I appreciate you dropping by. It's going to get even better, I have 3 (koh chang thai x Thai Stick)x Tom Hill Haze going

I have Zamal x Tom Hill Haze sprouting and just popped some GG4xMalawi. I have purple haze satellite (purple haze x purple satellite) this season. Most likely some more Hondurans, I love that stuff. Maybe Oaxaca Gold if I have time too, which would be great crossed with Honduran. Purple Haze Satellite would be great crossed with Honduran as well.
Here are the Cambodians, next to a 40 gallon drum for comparison

Clones are ready to go into the flower room. A second set of clones has rooted and will go into the flower room with them two weeks after the first set, for open pollination. Lets keep our prayers that we don't have many hermies.

I have to show this again, all haze aroma. Solid center is maturing at the same rate as the outside fingers, this is not a re-flower. The entire plant is only about 2 feet tall. Going to reveg her and put her outdoors for sure.

(Afghan x Malawi)xOTHz

Peace, God bless

Breadwizard

Hey Solar, sounds like another crazy sativa year for you, for sure! What is the source of the Oaxaca gold you may be planning? I've got a lot of Colombian/Mexican genetics going this year, possibly even the Zacatecas Tributes that are chilling in the fridge. Always in the the ride with your grows.

LostTribe

Premium user

Dude your straight up killing it! Did you try any of those Purple Sat f2's?

SolarLogos

Dude your straight up killing it! Did you try any of those Purple Sat f2's?
Thank you brother. No, I haven't tried the F-2's yet. The stem rub on the Purple Haze Satellite (PHS) is strong, so far PS is dominating. I plan to pop the PS F-2s pretty soon, since all my PHS are fem seeds, I've revegged both OTH, including the purple haze and will select a nice Oaxaca male from the PS F-2s to make some standard seeds.
I've got some more Hondurans going and think PS and Honduran would compliment each other well.
I grew out a Santa Marta Colombian Gold from WOS and was actually impressed. Some WLD influence in appearance, but the peppery fruit and incense produced the effects I was looking for. I crossed her with OHz and have a couple of them going.
Today, 2 of the Zamal x Tom Hill Haze came up. I would like to find a good Zamal pheno to cross with the Koh Chang Thai/Thai Stick x Tom Hill Haze. A couple of GG4xMalawi came up today also.
Thanks again for stopping by LT, always great to hear from you.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

:biggrin: Very curious about your GG4xMalawi cross too!
I'm curious about these also. The clone came from Dark Horse Nursery a couple years back. I'm not too impressed with modern hybrids, but she was great. I didn't have a male, so I crossed her with my Malawi stud. I ended up giving away most of the seeds, so hopefully I have enough to find a good gg female again.
Thanks for stopping by friend.

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Took a couple tops from Ka5/Vietnamese Black x OTH. These should be a nice up high

Zamaldelica x Mama Thai

I'll do a preliminary smoke report in a couple weeks.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Love the work you are doing SolarLogos! Very inspiring! :)
There is so much food for thought in your reports for us to digest ;)

Glad all the Honduras x Panama came out great with the desirable combination of traits from both sativa parent lines,
crossed with Oldtimer's Haze will produce a dream become true for lovers of Central American sativas.

Your description of the Vietnam Black psychoactivity matches a lot with my experience with this strain: a very motivating, clear, happy, positive and pleasant effect, non anxious or paranoid.
Who did the Killer A5 Haze x VB cross ? The compact shorter flowering pheno looks indeed like a NL pheno. Really interesting, even more crossed with Oldtimer's Haze.

Really nice to know you are so much into OTH hybrids lately.
The Afghani/Malawi x OTH cola is amazing :D Talk about hybrid vigor!
Even with a touch of Afghani, straight Oldtimer's Haze crosses are always very Haze dominant.

Interesting outcome on the Zamaldelica x Mama Thai, based on the structure of the plant and its flowers looks indeed like it has some kind of Skunk/indica influence. Looks very appealing nonetheless.

Happy to hear the HashPlant Haze x Kali China produced the strongest plant from last season, with great bag appeal, yield and potency :wahey: The HPH mother is very similar to C5 Haze, woody lime/lemony Thaish terpenes with a soft Moroccan hash polm aftertaste, so guess the louder meaty terpenes come from the Kali China side, these kind of terpenes are what i was looking for to add to the HPH and C5 crosses with KC, and reinforced them in the A5 x KC cross as A5 is also very loud in the meaty incensey terpenes.

Wish you more luck with the Cambodian Khmer Gold than we had, we only had around 15 plants but all came out hermie indoors under LED. I see others found relatively stable sexual parent plants in the line, hopefully it can preserved with your work too. It would be very important to 'clean' the hermaphroditism from the original seeds, then start to select for quality of terpenes and effects after that in upcoming generations.

Your insights on the different strains are much appreciated.
Glad you have had a pleasant lockdown with the plants and family!
Best wishes for this year projects and outdoor season! :ying:

F2F

Took a couple tops from Ka5/Vietnamese Black x OTH. These should be a nice up high
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81065&pictureid=2043454&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Zamaldelica x Mama Thai
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82471&pictureid=2043455&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I'll do a preliminary smoke report in a couple weeks.
Peace, God bless

Fantastic finish on those Solar. Knocks me out every time I look at those KA5/VB x OTH pics. :dance013:

Can’t wait to hear the smoke report!

Cheers
F2F