What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

"When life hands you dirt plant seeds"

My Mom, the one who taught me most of what I know about gardening, was fond of saying that.

Unfortunate what happened, but I am glad to hear that you already have the seeds both material and otherwise to keep growing forward.
Thank you again. I love your mom's quote, she sounds like a very smart person. Energies balance, but it's hard to see the positive if we focus on the negative.

Thank you again everyone for your kindness and more importantly, your friendship:kiss:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Sorry to hear that solar, by it sounds like you are already back on top of your game.
Good luck with the next run!

SolarLogos

New beginnings

New beginnings

Greetings everyone and thank you all for your kind words, Im grateful to have such kind friends. Happy to report though, my spirits are very high and again, this really was a blessing it turns out.
Being in chronic pain the past 12 years, cannabis has been a blessing. I live in a small town and I grow more than I need. I've always given about 80% of my harvest to a dear friend, who does extractions, then edibles and distributes them around locally to patients who need it. She has come to rely on me as a source, but has others like myself who donate as well. She has been a cannabis activist her whole life and retired as a scientist working for a pharmaceutical company. Besides the flower, I've also been harvesting the roots, cleaning them and she has found something that appears to be helping some local Alzheimer patients. The loss of cannabis is really not my loss, it's all the patients that need the cannabis and rely on her. That is why I quickly took cuts of the yeti and og, so I will have something that will still flower soon to get over to her and replace what I lost.
I've tried every topical cream on the market and have never found relief. She has been making a cannabis cream for several years and locals around here know, it works. I love it and she provides me with it as well. Everyone wins. I test new additions to her cream, lately she has me testing a cream with added thcv in high dosages. The next one she added cbn.

These are some bath soaks and creams she makes and hands out to me and her patients
picture.php

Faced with the choice of starting over, or thinking of it as a new beginning, I chose a new beginning and a new direction. More and more patients come to her everyday and she is overwhelmed. I purchased an ISO machine and will be growing medical strains and making extractions, so she can spend more time providing medications locally. The rest of my time, I will spend on a strain I really, really love and that is my Vietnamese Black x Lieu Hanh. I kept 3 females. One offspring was purple, one green/purple mix, one all green. It was the all green with braids, big calyxes, and most resinous, the only burnt rubber is her. I took 3 bong rips and took the dog for a walk. Before getting out of the driveway, I was in a place I've never been to, just slipped into without noticing. No negative effects, potent without feeling overpowered, everything opium is without being narcotic, a 1-hour euphoria, instant and unknowingly slid into the mystical world, where everything is in its proper perspective, contemplative, tracers and extremely psychedelic, side streets like long corridors, the most amazing peace and comfort, no cares (as opposed to not giving a darn), love, joy, very, very happy
thumbsup.gif
everything in one! No comedown, no tired, no caffeine, and after the hour, continue to enjoy comfort and peace for another few hours and without realizing it, back to baseline, your feet are back on the ground just where you started as if you never left. The entire experience provided more insight and greater contemplation than I've ever experienced. Thos who know me, know contemplation and living my philosophy IS my life, so this was the most exciting part to me. A wide open door to universal consciousness where sage advice is obtain. This could be the everyday, never want to smoke anything else again weed, just want to be there and never leave.
I know we all search for that trippy, crazy weed we had back in the old days, and yes, it would be kind of nice to do it again, but I always imagined my perfect strain would have everything I wanted, all rolled into one. I didn't think it could be bred in a lifetime, but here she is after just popping 3 seeds. I have about a hundred more to explore. I also back crossed her into green Lieu Hanh, so I can explore those as well.
picture.php

So my path is before me and it's so obvious, this was the best thing that ever happened. I get to do what I truly desire to do, through old fashioned networking, get help to those who need it so all can enjoy life as much as I do. The brotherhood of man exists, evident by the fact none of us can escape the benefit, nor the detriment from interactions with one another.
Peace and one love to all,
God bless

F2F

Way to harness that energy and point it in the right direction Solar. Selfless and caring you are for sure. Great example for all here in the canna community! :thank you:

We will look forward to your next adventures brother. :D

Peace
F2F

Lotto

Solar
Thanks for the story. It sounds as if you are already up and running and will again be providing product to your friend.

I too have a good friend who has advocated and educated within the industry. She currently is a nurse at a dispensary, guiding those who need help with various medical problems. I and others give her all are excess to be used as she wants.

This plant is virtually untapped for what it can do for folks. Medicinally, emotionally and gosh knows what else.

Small time hobby growers have a part to play in helping others get to a better place. Plant, harvest and share. Proud to have held onto a bit of what I grew up with in the 60's.

SolarLogos

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you so much my dear friends for your support. @Lotto, bless you my friend, you too have found that it takes so little effort to make an impact on those around you. IMHO, the best feeling in the world is knowing you are part of a community and doing your part to benefit the whole. We are all in this together, some just have it more difficult than others. People have been deprived of proper medication for too long and even here in a legal state, we still feel like we have to operate underground. Federal government is not on board, taxes and insane regulations have kept the black market thriving, so rippers are still around. Cops still raid properties just for having 20 plants. I wouldn't want to pay $35 an eight for flower, it wouldn't be sufficient to control my pain. Under the current situation, too many people locally, including some cancer patients I know, just simply don't have access to proper medications using conventional means. Luckily, I live in a small community where the local police department has openly voiced their support for cannabis. I've not heard of anyone here ever having problems, so we just keep doing what we do.
Peace, God bless

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Solar, does your friend have a website where I can purchase the pain cream?
I've made a pain oil from roots before that some people say helps, others not. Very interested in the thcv in the mix.
Also very interested to hear about how she's used roots for alzheimer's.
Thanks!

SolarLogos

Solar, does your friend have a website where I can purchase the pain cream?
I've made a pain oil from roots before that some people say helps, others not. Very interested in the thcv in the mix.
Also very interested to hear about how she's used roots for alzheimer's.
Thanks!
Sorry, she does not as a license to sell medications, the state has made it too expensive and overly cumbersome. Moreover, I would have to be licensed commercially and under state law, cannot provide her with undocumented cannabis. Cannabis is not really legal in "legal states" but rather decriminalized for personal amounts/use. When CA passed recreational cannabis, the state budgeted $55 million just to write cannabis legislation, which was aside from the medical cannabis regulations already in place. As you can see, it is still highly regulated under the law. We operate in that gray area, where I can transfer up to an ounce at a time to anyone as long as money doesn't change hands.

I'll shoot you a pm though.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Oh man, sorry to hear things didn't turn out how you hoped this season, but I certainly have enjoyed this thread. Some really interesting observations and tips. Looking forward to seeing you make a fresh start in 2021!

SolarLogos

A couple of years ago, I crossed a Santa Marta Colombian Gold from WOS with Snowhigh's 68 Acapulco Gold. The results were impressive. This turn out to be a really, beautiful high, reminiscence of old school Colombian and Mexican weed. A few good friends put it in their top 5 or top 10 ever, depending on who you talk to.

This is my first time running them indoors. My friend named it, Solar Gold. Here are a couple of F2 I harvested today, middle of week 13 flower
SG1.jpg
SG1a.jpg
SG1b.jpg
SG1c.jpg
SG2.jpg
SG2a.jpg
SG2b.jpg

More on next post

SolarLogos

Looking beautiful brother! Great job and sounds lovely!
Thank you brother Ozz. One of the Honduran x Malawi F2 came down today at 2 days short of 14 weeks of flower. I'm looking forward to trying the Honduran x Malawi, Vietnamese Black x Lieu Hanh Bx and the Solar Gold F2. They all are harvesting around the same time, grown under the same conditions/nutes, lights, etc.

Here are a few pics of the HxM, she was pretty good size
HxM.jpg
HxM1.jpg
HxM2.jpg
HxM3.jpg
HxM4.jpg
HxM5.jpg

Thanks for stopping by
Peace
SL

OZZ_

Veteran
Thank you brother Ozz. One of the Honduran x Malawi F2 came down today at 2 days short of 14 weeks of flower. I'm looking forward to trying the Honduran x Malawi, Vietnamese Black x Lieu Hanh Bx and the Solar Gold F2. They all are harvesting around the same time, grown under the same conditions/nutes, lights, etc.

Here are a few pics of the HxM, she was pretty good size
View attachment 18844891 View attachment 18844892 View attachment 18844893 View attachment 18844894 View attachment 18844895 View attachment 18844896

Thanks for stopping by
Peace
SL

That’s an interesting cross…. What’s the smoke like? I’m sure more potent than pure Honduras no doubt, does it have similar clarity to the pure Honduras?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It makes me immensely happy to have you back among us 🥰 @SolarLogos sharing your presence, breeding projects and crazy sativa plants. Moreover, congrats on your 99 plant license 🥳 really happy to see you are advancing into the breeding of your Hoduras/Malawi hybrid and that you are so enthsiastic about it! Do you prefer we talk about this line in its thread or here ?

Regarding the topic of this thread, Nevil's Haze x Panama you tried many years ago has been released this year as Super Panama Haze, growers from all around still enjoy with Purple Satellite like with the first batch of seeds of the strain years ago, and the Honduras x Panama also has a special among many sativva lovers in this room, thanks everyone!