What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

Purple Haze Satellite

Purple Haze Satellite

PHS is starting to stack on the flower, she will have some nice long colas. I've started spraying her with BT as the cutworms should be out soon. Otherwise, they get a couple baths a week in insecticidal soap and once a week neem oil, as this is the time of year aphids and ants start teaming up to work together.

SolarLogos

Tom Hill Haze crosses

Tom Hill Haze crosses

Here are some of MadMac's (Koh Chang Thai x Thai Stick)x Tom Hill Haze. I have 3 females all leaning very thai. I've bent the tops down, but they are still 8 feet tall/2.4 meters. They are in early flower, not much to say about them
Looking up at one
Thai x THH

Zamal MC x THH (also courtesy of MadMac). The male is finished dropping pollen. He first started dropping pollen in early August, then stopped. He started up a week and half ago and is done now. The female is barely ready to take on pollen, I'd rather wait until there are a few more pistils. The THH crosses will finish in the greenhouse probably around new years.

Top of ZamxTHH

Thanks for stopping by
Peace, God bless

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Most amazing work, love the varieties and how you make your plants shine, absolutely beautiful!
So nice reading your smoke reports, get the vibes 100%
Thanks for sharing your love here with all of us Solar, its inspirational, so very much appreciated!
Much love!

SolarLogos

Most amazing work, love the varieties and how you make your plants shine, absolutely beautiful!
So nice reading your smoke reports, get the vibes 100%
Thanks for sharing your love here with all of us Solar, its inspirational, so very much appreciated!
Much love!
Thank you very much for such kind words Sammy and so nice to see you. Of course I wouldn't be enjoying this garden as much if people like yourself, Dubi, Mac, etc. preserving, selecting and sharing these amazing hazes that seem to find their way into most things I grow these days :grouphug:
Speaking of hazes, I started a Vietnamese Black x OHz a few days ago, I'll get pics once it's a little bigger.
I am transplanting the Ka5VB/OTHxLieu Hanh. So far, most are looking compact and having the structure of the mother. I'm really loving these plants, so beautiful. I feel pretty confident I will find gold either in this round or the next.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

68 Acapulco Gold

68 Acapulco Gold

Just a quick update on Snow High's 68 AGxAG red. Two are bleeders. I will get the rest of this thread updated over the weekend.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Have a blessed weekend everyone.
Peace

MallardDuck

That is such an interesting trait... I wonder what is going on inside the plant to give the sap such a vivid red colour. Really cool Solar!

SolarLogos

That is such an interesting trait... I wonder what is going on inside the plant to give the sap such a vivid red colour. Really cool Solar!
Thanks Don, the only other plants I've had that do that are the Khmer Gold. Maybe the presence of anthocyanin?
I appreciate the kind words friend,
Peace, God bless

MallardDuck

I was wondering why you called me Don... then it clicked Donald Duck! Love it.

After pointing me in the direction of Anthocyanin I did a little digging. It is a very interesting compound that I guess scientists are just beginning to understand. I found a little article if your interested.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1082902/

A few interesting things they mentioned were apparently California Aphids will completely ignore the dark leaves in Maple trees. They also mentioned certain terpenoids can also be responsible for purple colours… I wonder if that is why many purple cultivars have the forest fruit smells.

The interesting thing here is that your plant isn't producing anthocyanin as a senescence response... I wonder if the presence of Anthocyanin in these more tropical varieties is to help protect against the more powerful UV light around the equator.

My father is going in for major surgery on Monday so pondering things like this helps keep my mind occupied.

Breadwizard

Oh man, love the look of that AG.

The red sap is apparently in some Pak/affie landrace varieties as well, and in the Lolab valley plants, but I haven't come across one with the trait so far. It's one of those that is so interesting, like the pink hairs in some mazer lines.

SolarLogos

I was wondering why you called me Don... then it clicked Donald Duck! Love it.

After pointing me in the direction of Anthocyanin I did a little digging. It is a very interesting compound that I guess scientists are just beginning to understand. I found a little article if your interested.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1082902/

A few interesting things they mentioned were apparently California Aphids will completely ignore the dark leaves in Maple trees. They also mentioned certain terpenoids can also be responsible for purple colours… I wonder if that is why many purple cultivars have the forest fruit smells.

The interesting thing here is that your plant isn't producing anthocyanin as a senescence response... I wonder if the presence of Anthocyanin in these more tropical varieties is to help protect against the more powerful UV light around the equator.

My father is going in for major surgery on Monday so pondering things like this helps keep my mind occupied.

I wish your father the best and pray his surgery goes well. I hope it's not too serious.

Thank you very much for that interesting article. I will study it in more detail this evening. It's usually the cold and depending the strain, mine usually turn purple when the morning temperatures drop below 50-53F/10-12c. Not all plants do this, some stay a firm green regardless of temps. My Vietnamese Black has both green and purple phenos and I had aphids attack them once, the purple plants only had an aphid or two, the greens got hit a lot harder. I did catch it in time, but an interesting observation which goes along with what you are saying.
It seems between green and purple phenos of the same strain, the high from the greens are generally more clear, while purple can be more cloudy. CBD is reported by some to counteract some of the sativa effects. Could anthocyanin be responsible for the cloudy effects of some purples? Maybe Dubi or someone with some knowledge of this could chime in, could be an interesting conversation.
Have a blessed weekend Donald, peace be with you during the holidays, especially the next few days.
SL
Edit: My appologies, I another member goes by Donald and has the same avitar, so sorry brother, didn't mean to confuse you. Thanks Mallard

MallardDuck

That is another poignant observation Solar. I think it is generally accepted by most that purple expressions often have cloudier effects.. you may be on to something.

In regards to what causes a plant to produce anthocyanin I found this interesting tidbit "Photoreceptors activate various signal transduction cascades to regulate light-dependent responses via transcriptional factors and related gene expression. For example, shorter wavelengths, in the range of blue and UV light, are found to be the most effective in the accumulation of anthocyanins and flavonoids, often by increasing the expression of flavonoid pathway genes or transcription factors [36, 37]. Strawberries treated with blue light showed a significant increase in anthocyanin content and transcript levels of FaCHS, a key enzyme in the biosynthesis of flavonoid and anthocyanins [38]."

from this article https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/489030

Sort of interesting because it indicates that there is obviously more triggers to anthocyanin production that just cold temps... looks like blue and UV light can induce higher production as well.

Thank you for the blessing Solar. My father is getting his bladder removed due to cancer. It worries me but I hate seeing him in pain right now, so I am glad a spot opened up for him. I am his care giver for the time.

PS No worries about calling me Donald... I loved Saturday morning cartoons as a kid and Donald Duck was one of my favorites.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
There's a longtime member with the name Donald Mallard. That may have caused the confusion, I didn't notice until you asked why call don.
:tiphat:

OZZ_

Veteran
Interesting conversation here fellas, and solar those AGs are looking stellar!

I have a strain from bodhi called Dragons Blood. It’s a Hawaiian Sativa crossed to his 88 g13 hashplant, in this version 2 he the BXd it back to the Sativa. Supposedly 50% or so of the offspring will “bleed” red sap like this. Very interesting I had to grab a pack.

SolarLogos

There's a longtime member with the name Donald Mallard. That may have caused the confusion, I didn't notice until you asked why call don.
tiphat.gif
Spot on and both Mallards are great guys, very glad to know both.

Interesting conversation here fellas, and solar those AGs are looking stellar!

I have a strain from bodhi called Dragons Blood. It’s a Hawaiian Sativa crossed to his 88 g13 hashplant, in this version 2 he the BXd it back to the Sativa. Supposedly 50% or so of the offspring will “bleed” red sap like this. Very interesting I had to grab a pack.
Thanks brother, those AG clones go into the flower room this week. That DB sounds interesting, I wonder what the origin was of the Hawaiian sativa. Do you plan to pop the seeds anytime soon, after everything is situated with you?

Sadly, I do have some bad news. I've been dealing with russet mites in the greenhouse and have done 4 or 5 sulfur burns. I've lost probably 30% of the flower on the big plants, mostly lower branches. I haven't seen any live ones, but was still seeing signs of new damage. I did another sulfur burn, just 3 hours this time. I added extra sulfur prills, but must have brushed up against the dial and it burned at medium, instead of medium low. All the fan leaves are wilted on all the plants. I'm very sorry to report, the harvest is a loss. I'm not sure if it was too much humidity and caused a sulfuric acid burn or if it was ozone, but I won't ingest any plants if I don't know the cause of death. I will harvest all the seeds, which is really more important to me than smoke.
I've lost:
Hondurans
Thai x THH
Zamal x THH
Demon Latcher (I do have a couple clones ready to flower, one is a female)
Acapulco Gold parents (I still have the clones that are rooted and in dirt, so genetics saved)
The Khmer Gold I was reversing and just starting to put out sacs
All the Khmer Gold clones except one I kept in the clone room
Hanoi Jane (my Ka5/Vietnamese Black)xOTHxLieu Hanh
VBxOHz
VBxLH (the twin)
OGKB (the only female)
a few more, my head is still not clear.
It goes with the territory, rippers, cops, insects, our own mistakes. I'm not going to dwell on it or look back after this, I move forward not back. I have a new plan:
I have @pineapplepunch 3- 79 Oaxaca ready to go into flower, the Acapulco Gold Clones, the two Demon Latcher Clones, ECSDxOGKB female, WOS Colombian Gold ready to go into flower. I'm closing down the GH for the rest of the winter to clean it up. Everything mentioned will go from the veg room into the two flower rooms. I took back up clones from the AG clones, as well as several cuts from the Yeti OG mothers, Ogres OG mothers to flower.
Most important were the seeds and lucky they were all mature, so everything can go on, just going to loose 8 months of growing is all. This could actually be a blessing in disguise, the first week of January, I'll have construction workers and city inspectors in my back yard for about a month or so, so I really shouldn't have this much cannabis (or any if I want to keep my secret) in my back yard).
I still have a clone of the KG, which I will take a clone of and at least self her.

The Hanoi Jane F2 seeds, both from the selected green and purple pheno were also mature, so those will get planted in spring. BTW, Hanoi Jane is the name I chose for the Vietnamese mary jane:good:The Ka5xVB was given to me by Mr. D. I crossed that with OTH, then selected a female to cross with the Lieu Hanh (NevHz x VB)

So sorry this happened everyone, I hope I didn't let anyone down, especially on the KG, that is the loss I feel the worse about.
Peace my brothers and sisters. 2020 will soon be a distant memory:angelshug: everyone.

Common Sense

Sorry to hear SolarLogos, what a setback. I like your attitude of looking ahead, though. I am sure there are good things to come again.

Tangwena

Veteran
Its only time brother you know it may just be a blessing in disguise due to your numbers being so high, at least there is no shortage of seeds in your life. The next grow will make up for it I'm sure.
Still its heartbreaking I'm sure.

MallardDuck

"When life hands you dirt plant seeds"

My Mom, the one who taught me most of what I know about gardening, was fond of saying that.

Unfortunate what happened, but I am glad to hear that you already have the seeds both material and otherwise to keep growing forward.

OZZ_

Veteran
Spot on and both Mallards are great guys, very glad to know both.

Thanks brother, those AG clones go into the flower room this week. That DB sounds interesting, I wonder what the origin was of the Hawaiian sativa. Do you plan to pop the seeds anytime soon, after everything is situated with you?

Sadly, I do have some bad news. I've been dealing with russet mites in the greenhouse and have done 4 or 5 sulfur burns. I've lost probably 30% of the flower on the big plants, mostly lower branches. I haven't seen any live ones, but was still seeing signs of new damage. I did another sulfur burn, just 3 hours this time. I added extra sulfur prills, but must have brushed up against the dial and it burned at medium, instead of medium low. All the fan leaves are wilted on all the plants. I'm very sorry to report, the harvest is a loss. I'm not sure if it was too much humidity and caused a sulfuric acid burn or if it was ozone, but I won't ingest any plants if I don't know the cause of death. I will harvest all the seeds, which is really more important to me than smoke.
I've lost:
Hondurans
Thai x THH
Zamal x THH
Demon Latcher (I do have a couple clones ready to flower, one is a female)
Acapulco Gold parents (I still have the clones that are rooted and in dirt, so genetics saved)
The Khmer Gold I was reversing and just starting to put out sacs
All the Khmer Gold clones except one I kept in the clone room
Hanoi Jane (my Ka5/Vietnamese Black)xOTHxLieu Hanh
VBxOHz
VBxLH (the twin)
OGKB (the only female)
a few more, my head is still not clear.
It goes with the territory, rippers, cops, insects, our own mistakes. I'm not going to dwell on it or look back after this, I move forward not back. I have a new plan:
I have @pineapplepunch 3- 79 Oaxaca ready to go into flower, the Acapulco Gold Clones, the two Demon Latcher Clones, ECSDxOGKB female, WOS Colombian Gold ready to go into flower. I'm closing down the GH for the rest of the winter to clean it up. Everything mentioned will go from the veg room into the two flower rooms. I took back up clones from the AG clones, as well as several cuts from the Yeti OG mothers, Ogres OG mothers to flower.
Most important were the seeds and lucky they were all mature, so everything can go on, just going to loose 8 months of growing is all. This could actually be a blessing in disguise, the first week of January, I'll have construction workers and city inspectors in my back yard for about a month or so, so I really shouldn't have this much cannabis (or any if I want to keep my secret) in my back yard).
I still have a clone of the KG, which I will take a clone of and at least self her.

The Hanoi Jane F2 seeds, both from the selected green and purple pheno were also mature, so those will get planted in spring. BTW, Hanoi Jane is the name I chose for the Vietnamese mary jane:good:The Ka5xVB was given to me by Mr. D. I crossed that with OTH, then selected a female to cross with the Lieu Hanh (NevHz x VB)

So sorry this happened everyone, I hope I didn't let anyone down, especially on the KG, that is the loss I feel the worse about.
Peace my brothers and sisters. 2020 will soon be a distant memory:angelshug: everyone.

Oh man solar! Sorry to hear that! As you say though not much can be done about it now, looking forward is a great take on things and really all that can be done. Glad to hear that some of the genetics were able to be saved via seed or otherwise.

Yeah- I’m pretty much in stasis until we get moved to the permanent location. I’ve got plants going as you know but not even sure if I’ll be able to finish them. In the meantime though I’m looking at it as hours spent with NLD ladies that can only improve my skill set for down the road when I can make a real go of it. The DB will have to wait until then, along with the other genetics waiting for their turn.

Sorry again about the misfortune my friend, but I have no doubt you’ll be back on the next one, better than ever :biggrin:

F2F

Man, hate to hear that Solar. Looking forward is the only way to go so good on ya. And, everything has it’s reason whether it is made known to us or not. ;)

You and your family have a blessed Christmas brother.
F2F

SolarLogos

Thank you all for your kind replies. Life is too short and too precious a gift to let things like this get us down, better to plan and look ahead and hold dear the promise of faith. In fact, I'm actually kind of pumped up about this next grow and planning the spring grow already. Next year I am taking it up a whole new level, bigger, better and more exciting stuff. I'll have a few new surprises in the works, so it's going to be fun.
Thanks again, have a blessed week, Merry Christmas all and Happy new years. Can't wait for 2021:woohoo:
Peace, God bless

Latest posts

Latest posts