What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

they just need a good book to read...

Thank you for posting those are some killer crosses for sure! You are quite the accomplished grower to my friend, your experience really shows. I'm very interested in how they smoke, as everyone else on here I'm sure. I see you have a thread up, I'm subbed.

Right up my alley. Drive like Grandma's got gravy on her lap and a wedding cake in the back seat.
That's how I drive all the time. We live in a small town and my wife tells me her friends are always complaining about being stuck behind me.:laughing: Maybe if they tried it :smoker: they would enjoy the scenery and relax like me:biggrin:

Solar Logos, your NH/P ,Nevil's haze leaning pheno ,clones in the flowering home for 26 + weeks , your stated plan is to take them at around 65-75% amber.
So SOLAR Logo's,if they were to go completion ,how many weeks will they really go!
SOLAR LOGO'S,would you're say NH leaning pheno ,clones are coming down within next 15 days!?
Hopefully. I looked in on her last night and she has spit out about 6 more new hairs and there still isn't any amber. I took down her mom over the weekend.
Some flowers were about 10% amber, some 40% or so (on the outdoor mom).

I sent you a pm.
Thanks for stopping by everyone.
Peace, God bless

F2F

Solar Logos, your NH/P ,Nevil's haze leaning pheno ,clones in the flowering home for 26 + weeks , your stated plan is to take them at around 65-75% amber.
So SOLAR Logo's,if they were to go completion ,how many weeks will they really go!
SOLAR LOGO'S,would you're say NH leaning pheno ,clones are coming down within next 15 days!?

:laughing: the OTH cross to this might actually shorten flowering???!!!

SolarLogos

No, I don't want to take her with that much amber, but I will take her when she starts to put on amber. I'm not sure why the indoors went so long compared to OD. The indoor clone was on a shorter light day schedule than OD.
The idea behind crossing her with OTH was I only had Fem seeds. Crossing with OTH gives me a male to select to backcross into another NHzxP fem to keep the line running, albeit, in standard seed. That was the reason for the HPHzxKC with the OTH male. THX
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

No, I don't want to take her with that much amber, but I will take her when she starts to put on amber. I'm not sure why the indoors went so long compared to OD. The indoor clone was on a shorter light day schedule than OD.
The idea behind crossing her with OTH was I only had Fem seeds. Crossing with OTH gives me a male to select to backcross into another NHzxP fem to keep the line running, albeit, in standard seed. That was the reason for the HPHzxKC with the OTH male. THX
Peace, God bless

I wonder if the steady level of lighting creates an extended flower period.. perhaps reducing light hours every week could help? Kinda tough since your already down to 9.5 h days.
Maybe temperature? Feels like one of those small mysteries that a guy can play with for years and only get a feel for what’s happening but never really find out...
I like your idea to create a standard line. That’s how I got started on ZamxGuatemala. Wanted Zam but kept killing seeds. Had a Guatemalan male from freebie seed and figured why not? I can always bx it to get more Zam influence.. turned into something from there.
Lol now I’m not sure which variant I like more tho! I really think I want to try and combine the lines at f4-5 maybe f6... I’m going to start checking how they combine at F3 stage (now) though. I want enough stability in each sister line so that recombination will only throw a few desirable phenotypes and maybe the odd outlier that’s always there in poly hybrids.
Love watching you work bro your Garden is so well tended and your really killing it with so many long (and short) flowering varieties in so many stages of development and always healthy.
AND chucking pollen! Feminized no less!
It’s a lot of work.. enjoy those labour fruits Growmie!

F2F

Peace, God bless

Understood on the OTH cross for males
SL. My comment on shortening flowering was simply tongue in cheek as I don't think anyone has ever said such a thing!

Perhaps the extended flowering was simply haze expression rearing its' head. As I said when I first subbed here, really looking forward to hearing how this NHxP smokes. Now I'm even more intrigued with this particularly long flowering pheno.

Anyone know how long the NH Dubi used flowers for?

Cheers,
F2F

SolarLogos

I wonder if the steady level of lighting creates an extended flower period.. perhaps reducing light hours every week could help? Kinda tough since your already down to 9.5 h days.
Maybe temperature? Feels like one of those small mysteries that a guy can play with for years and only get a feel for what’s happening but never really find out...
I like your idea to create a standard line. That’s how I got started on ZamxGuatemala. Wanted Zam but kept killing seeds. Had a Guatemalan male from freebie seed and figured why not? I can always bx it to get more Zam influence.. turned into something from there.
Lol now I’m not sure which variant I like more tho! I really think I want to try and combine the lines at f4-5 maybe f6... I’m going to start checking how they combine at F3 stage (now) though. I want enough stability in each sister line so that recombination will only throw a few desirable phenotypes and maybe the odd outlier that’s always there in poly hybrids.
Love watching you work bro your Garden is so well tended and your really killing it with so many long (and short) flowering varieties in so many stages of development and always healthy.
AND chucking pollen! Feminized no less!
It’s a lot of work.. enjoy those labour fruits Growmie!
Thanks for the kind words my friend. The garden may look attended, but I'm still not putting out anything close to yours. I added some UVB reptile lights that come on 40 minutes before lights out, which should signal to the plants at that time it's getting ready for bedtime. Hoping that will help her along, as well as the OTH I have in the flower room.

OTH 1&4. They went into flower the same time as NHzxP, but took 6 weeks to flower. I estimate they are starting week 21.

LED panels off:

Here is the NHz x Pan.
Tomorrow she starts week 27. She took about 4 weeks to really develop flowers, so she is more like 23 weeks in flower. Still spitting out new hairs. I'm just going to let her go just for kicks, I have so much from her mom.

I think that liver smell in NHz come through in the pheno as an old musty leather/meat smell, at least that is how mine finally turned out. I'm thankful the fishy smell is gone. The haze contributed too much leave to the leaf to calyx ratio on the pheno I have. The top buds are only about 3 inches and the branches are lined with small round flowers. I kept the tops and trimmed them to cure. The small flowers, I stripped the branches, leaves and all and am fermenting them in vacuum sealed bags at 130F/54.4c, Tangwena cob style, but without the husk. After fermentation and a cure, I will make extracts. I can turn 4 liters of flower into a compact, fermented block about 5"/12.7 cm square. Makes it convenient when you are running out of space.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Understood on the OTH cross for males
SL. My comment on shortening flowering was simply tongue in cheek as I don't think anyone has ever said such a thing!

Perhaps the extended flowering was simply haze expression rearing its' head. As I said when I first subbed here, really looking forward to hearing how this NHxP smokes. Now I'm even more intrigued with this particularly long flowering pheno.

Anyone know how long the NH Dubi used flowers for?

Cheers,
F2F
I'm not sure how long she flowers, but I think a lot can depend upon the environment when it comes to equatorial plants. You are right, temperature can make a difference, in fact, I was researching the weather in Santa Marta Colombia. Winter solstice is 11.5 daylight hours and summer solstice is 12 hours 47 minutes. Winter and summer temperatures only vary by 4 degrees. So the plant relies on more subtle changes in daylight hours and temperature to flower. Interestingly, there is a lot of overcast weather year round, ranging from 5% clear to 51% clear. I assume that means the plants are used to more red light, 680 nm perhaps. I plan on playing around with this light schedule and temperature schedule in my grow room. I think adding far red in small amounts during about 8 hours of an 11 hour daylight, increasing it the last 40 minutes or so before the lights go off. I'm well stocked up on smoke and will be finishing up everything and focusing now on hazes, lumbos, Jamaican LB and some SE Asian strains, and a few other long flowering sativa I haven't revealed yet:biggrin:. I'm not concerned with flower time or yield, it's all about effects for me.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

HxP3 indoors

HxP3 indoors

Here is another one. HXP3. I took this clone when the mother was 9 weeks old. She waited to reach sexual maturity, 6 weeks before 1st week flower showed up, going into flower room same day as NHz x P and OTH. She is in week 21 of flower. I'm taking her tonight. Take a look at the flower structure of the outdoor mom, then look at her, who flowered twice as long. Poor girl cannot even hold herself up anymore.

HxP3Mom

HxP3 Clone indoors

I'm going to take her tonight. Should get a more up high. No ambers yet. But go figure.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Awesome bud man that should cure up nicely. It would be nice if all our buds turned out like that hey?
How is the aroma? I thought I caught a whiff just now but it was just my imagination running away with me again ha ha.
I can never get tired of buds that look like those brother.

SolarLogos

Awesome bud man that should cure up nicely. It would be nice if all our buds turned out like that hey?
How is the aroma? I thought I caught a whiff just now but it was just my imagination running away with me again ha ha.
I can never get tired of buds that look like those brother.
Greetings my brother Tang, you are right about the aroma's. She is strong, really strong compared to anything OD. All Honduran, geranium, wood, incense with light floral aroma in the back. I ended up putting her back in the flower room. There are still so many white hairs and I looked at her under the scope and I can't find a single amber. A few clear heads, but only a few here and there. I'll see how I feel about her in a few more days.
Thanks Tangwena,
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

OTH1

OTH1

I've started taking small flowers and branches from some of the inner and lower parts of OTH #1. Some of the flowers are finished and starting to go into senescence. Those flowers are picked, about maybe 5% of the plant. The rest of her is still flowering and producing more calyxes. Here are some pics of what I harvested yesterday and today:

Here are what the rest of the flowers are doing:

I will update more as I take flowers in stages as they develop. Both OTH 1 and 4 have similar terpene profiles: What I describe as "aerosol hairspray" I now realize is similar to a light solvent, metal shop smell which reminds me of metal that has been heated and turns blue when as it cools. #4 is much stronger in this smell. Both have a soft floral smell, once again #4 is more prominent in this smell, however, her floral smell is more perfume like a masala incense stick. #4 also has a fresh forest green smell, not like grass but more herbal-like. OTH 4 coming up next.

SL

SolarLogos

OTH 4

OTH 4

Here is OTH #4. She is taking her time flowering, but her flowers are more uniform with each flower looking to be the same stage of development.
This shot is looking up toward the ceiling of the greenhouse:

Her flowers

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

F2F

@Solarlogos

@Solarlogos

Hiya Solarlogos,

It’s been a while since I’ve seen posts from you and hope things are ok with you and your’s in the midst of this pandemic.

Hopefully you are merely busy working in the garden with some of your awesome projects, but just in case I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

All the best
F2F

Goodherb

Greetings solarlogos.
I was thinking the same . I do hope that you and your family are in good health .
i an i ,well keep you and family(also Tangwena; no doubt,as well as the family on icmag) hail F2F to you! To all growers ,may JAH continued to guided and protect you'll.
Grow on,more life! Blessed!

SolarLogos

Hiya Solarlogos,

It’s been a while since I’ve seen posts from you and hope things are ok with you and your’s in the midst of this pandemic.

Hopefully you are merely busy working in the garden with some of your awesome projects, but just in case I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

All the best
F2F

Greetings solarlogos.
I was thinking the same . I do hope that you and your family are in good health .
i an i ,well keep you and family(also Tangwena; no doubt,as well as the family on icmag) hail F2F to you! To all growers ,may JAH continued to guided and protect you'll.
Grow on,more life! Blessed!
Thanks a lot brothers! Sorry I haven't been available for a while, it's been busy. I was planning to take a year off, per my wife's request, also we had plans to have an addition done on the property so with contractors around, not good. However, with the current situation, I put the money into stocks and plan on doing the addition next year and hopefully construction prices will be better. So I will be growing again this season
I'm trying to finish off last years projects because this years plants are ready to go.
I was handed down some 20 year old Khmer Gold seeds (about 70 seeds) that had a very low germination rate. After scarifying the seeds, then soak in coconut water, h2o2, etc., they sat in ewc for 31 days on a heat mat under humidity dome, then 8 finally came up. After 7 weeks I had 4 more come up. I have 12 total to do a repro. Patience is a blessing. All in all I had about 24 open, but half had no vigor and didn't get past the 1st set of true leaves.

KG

My Afghan/Malawi x OTH. I have them next to an OTH clone in the flower room and are all haze smelling. Haze really can dominate.

This is one of the Zamaldelica x Mama Thai

I had to move everything out of the greenhouse and into the flower room to finish.

continued on next post

SolarLogos

(Killer A5xVietnamese Black)xOTH

(Killer A5xVietnamese Black)xOTH

Killer A5/Vietnamese Black x OTH. One is more compact, but the other 3 are more NLD and are going to flower for a very long time it looks like. You can see the difference between the 1st one and her 3 sisters. The 1st one will get pollinated with nevils haze x Vietnamese black today

So, besides the Cambodian I have something else for this year...

Purple Haze Satellite-fem: Purple Haze x Purple Satellite reversed
Purple Satellite Haze-fem: Green Haze x Purple Satellite reversed

I popped a seed of both. I'm hoping they will finish early. The PS finished Sept. 13 and the Purple Haze and green haze finished December and January respectively. I don't expect anything as early as a Sept harvest, but hopefully not dead of winter either.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

This weed looks so good! Must be nice to loosely pack in a bowl, put a flame over her, take a nice deep pull - drawing the flames over and through the resin, and feel the smoke permeating your lungs....damn nice.
Thank you brother. I haven't tried them yet. You just reminded me that I never finished updating the OTH. The Purple haze went until the 3rd week of December. The green haze was picked Jan. 15. She took off reflowering all over, but the main flowers were finished. I let a couple branches go longer, which finished in March.
I've got them all curing now. I did try the purple haze clone that I finished in the flower room and she is really a nice treat, very up, clear and very disorienting. I love her and could smoke her every day but I'll wait until about 6 months. I have about 7 or 8 other strains cured to tie me over until it's ready:biggrin:
I'm pretty excited to grow haze x Purple satellite, 2 of my favorite smokes right now. Maybe I'll add a little Honduran into the mix for next year, seems she would fit right in.

Thanks for stopping by:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos!

Really nice to see you back friend :) Your presence was greatly missed!
It's good to take a break when needed, you covered so many strains and plants last season that is fully understandable.
I hope you also can accept my apologies for not replying lately to this thread, we were so much in touch through pms during the grow that i thought i did.

It has been a real pleasure to revisit in detail your amazing thread from last season, you grew so many amazing sativa strains that i don't where to start :D
First of all, i would like to give you a big THANKS :respect: Your passion for details, your dedication and kindness are laudable and contagious.

I love the way of your outcome and selections with the Honduras x Panama F1 hybrid and how you pay attention for the detail on each plant. Visually the flowers of all your different H x P females have that unmistakable and desirable Panama look (pure Honduras types are very hairy and less resinous), although some have a flower distribution closer to the Honduran. Glad the Honduras terpenes and effects shine in some of them, your comments about how you prefer the ones that lean towards the Honduras psychoactivity are very interesting, the ultra clean and uplifting qualities without ceiling of the Honduras enhanced by Panama Goddess potency are very desirable for sativa lovers looking for those type of effects which unfortunately are so rare nowadays. Positive experiences like yours and from other growers made me finally decided to include this Central American sativa F1 hybrid into our permanent catalogue.

It was surprising to see how long took the Nevil's Haze x Panama to finish, i think you got a near pure Haze expression, both Nevil's Haze and Panama Goddess have exceptional flower structures with very high flower to leaf ratios, but the near pure Haze expressions from hybrids of this Nevil's Haze tend to be more leafy (a bit like in the near pure Haze phenos of Super Malawi Haze: Nevil's Haze x Malawi).

Really pleased that you managed to bring the Oldtimer's Hazes until the very end and that you found the sought after Purple Haze pheno. Honestly, i'm really excited about all the different crosses you have produced, especially the Oldtimer's Haze crosses (happy to see how you mastered the reversion process ;)). Man, some of them are a dream come true for tropical sativa lovers, i especially like the sound of Honduras x Panama and Purple Satellite crossed with Oldtimer's Haze, i hope you have the chance to grow some seeds of each this year, i seriously think they will be dynamite!

How was reproduction of the Vietnam Black ? Did you find interesting plants ? Did you manage to reproduce the strain in pure form ? I really miss to grow this strain from seed in pure form as i didn't manage to find sexually firm males to keep the line in pure form in a seedline.

Interesting you are also trying to preserve the Khmer Gold, so happy to see your plants, we are also in the process of trying to preserve this line, our seeds germinated just 2-3 weeks ago so we are a bit behind than you, we also had a low germination rate, hope both can find enough interesting and sexually stable parent plants to keep the line alive, this is probably the last chance to do it since the original Khmer Gold seeds from Gypsy are losing their viability.

I agree with you that is better to plant late the most long flowering tropical sativas in pots, no matter how big is the pot, if planted too early they will grow and grow and will eventually get root bounded during flowering, when they really need the availability of plenty of nutrients. Planted directly in the ground is a complete different story.

Wish you are enjoying a lot your well deserved harvest.
Much love to you and your family! Hope you are all doing fine and healthy. :huggg:

Latest posts

Latest posts