What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

L

luvaduck

the girls are both pregnant AND THE FATHER IS THEIR DAUGHTER.[/quote]

Kinki. Hope they have 2 heads!:tiphat:

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I think JWP is going to have to explain more. As far as I can tell it's pretty basic genetics that HC is going to end up with seeds that are exactly identical to the clones. Not phenos, no weirdness, exactly the same. Maybe I'm not remembering my 1st year biology stuff, but here's how I see it...

Each piece of DNA can have four states. A, C, G and T. Read the wikipedia article on genetics for the details. Say our (trivial) example plant only has 6 pieces in it's DNA. Plant 1 (call it the father) has a state of AAACGT. Plant 2 (the mother) is AACCGG. When they mate, you get a random selection of either piece from plant 1 or plant 2 in each gene location. In this case, the possible combinations would be:
1st gene: Father = A, Mother = A, therefore child MUST be A
2nd gene: A, A = A
3rd gene: Father = A, Mother = C, therefore some children will be A, some C
4th gene: Both C
5th gene: Both G
6th gene: T or G

So mating these two plants would give you four possible variations (phenotypes):
AAACGT (same as father)
AAACGG
AACCGT
AACCGG (same as mother)

Now, consider what's happening here with the colloidal silver. Plant 1 is now a father but the genetics HAVE NOT CHANGED. So lets say it's DNA sequence is AAACGT. Plant 2 is the mother, but it's the same plant. The genetics are AAACGT. Put the two together, and the ONLY POSSIBLE COMBINATION is AAACGT. There will not be any variation, as there is not any possible extra options to choose from.

the girls are both pregnant AND THE FATHER IS THEIR DAUGHTER.

Kinki. Hope they have 2 heads!:tiphat:[/quote]

They will not have 2 heads luvaduk, the reversed plants that produced the pollen were clones taken off the now pregnant mums.

The quote above by
Scorpian_au explains the process very well.

High Country

Veteran
nice job man and i'd bet money your beans will be viable.

my young friend InPotITrust harvested his first CS run a few weeks ago and, like you, he didn't get as many beans as he'd have gotten with a str8 male rather than a she/male but he did get more than 100 beans from each of the females he crossed, plus, he took 19 of the palest, shitiest looking of the s1' and put them in some paper towels and after 2 days he has 9 that have popped and sent out tap-roots, who knows how many he'll get in 2 more days, lol.

the point is that even his shitty looking seeds are viable, now all we have to see is if they really are 'clones-in-seed' format.

anyway, thanks for sharing your progress man!

peace, and stay safe, SOG

G'day someotherguy, initially I thought this would be a complete waste of time and electricity, what the fuck am I trying this shit for?. I really didn't expect any sex reversal let alone pregnancy and seed set. But I'm very inquisitive and gave it a go. You never know if you don't have a go.

Then what happens next? The process of colloidal silver generation, sex reversal and pollination of other identical female plants actually works.

One must not rebuke ideas that arise on this site. If you do so, it will be at your peril. I love this sort of shit, I'll give anything a go, new cloning methods, new growing methods. Never be afraid to try something different.

L

luvaduck

Kinki. Hope they have 2 heads!:tiphat:

They will not have 2 heads luvaduk, the reversed plants that produced the pollen were clones taken off the now pregnant mums.

The quote above by Scorpian_au explains the process very well.[/quote]

Sorry man, I didn't mean to offend - just attempting a joke. You know - inbred=2 heads? Anyway, I saw some photos of vic. high country today from my bro - beautiful with the snow but wierd for this time of year. He lost a few to frost in november!

High Country

Veteran

The quote above by Scorpian_au explains the process very well.

Sorry man, I didn't mean to offend - just attempting a joke. You know - inbred=2 heads? Anyway, I saw some photos of vic. high country today from my bro - beautiful with the snow but wierd for this time of year. He lost a few to frost in november![/quote]

No offense taken luvaduk, I think these plants will be ready sooner rather than later, they are dying, Xmas day could be it.

High Country

Veteran
THE DAY BEFORE XMAS, HARVEST TIME

THE DAY BEFORE XMAS, HARVEST TIME

The pollinated mum's are dying rather rapidly so I thought the time was right. It's been 5 weeks since manual pollination began.

YOU'VE DONE YOUR JOB GIRLS

picture.php

HOPEFULLY FEMINIZED SEED IS IN THERE

picture.php

IF NOT I'LL JUST SMOKE IT I GUESS

picture.php

I'm going to Melbourne in a couple days to watch the cricket. I've got tickets for the Australia V England test match at the MCG.

So I'll let these colas dry for about 5 days and then we will have a look and see what's inside.

Then I'm having a week off and going fishing.

benjuanman

Veteran
:thanks:way to go HC etheres definatley seeds in there so i hope u have good germination rates. merry Xmas n happy Near year!!

Last edited:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Merry Christmas mate I hope you get nothing but seeds galore to save this strain :) keep safe and KO a buck or get a 10 pounder on the line for me mate :) cant tell you how pissed off I don't get to go and drop a line or bag me a buck this year because of work.. take care mate and keep safe :)

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G'day HC, hows it going brotha?
buds looking good...lets hope there is a bunch of fem seeds in em aye

Ya goin to boxin day test bro! i might see ya there!
We will be at the Cricketers Arms for beers breakfast at 10am thats scarmbled eggs, 2 rashers bacon, 2 pieces toast,2 snags,2 tomatoes and a pot for $12
I/m the big bloke

doin some fishin myself next week up the Murray, Its Cod time and the boys up at Echucha have been getting some nice fish but the Targo just keeps supplying

Christmas is going to be great we went up a few days ago and got about 30 fresh water crays.. got some real nice beer bottle crays too...big chunky fuckers
got there at the perfect time... the crays were walking the river banks looking for new homes as the water was rising
i tell ya i got it good were i am an hours drive 1 way and i have trout and fresh water crays and a bit over the other way i have the surf beach.. we went diving today and got 4 crayfish, each 1 well over 1.5kg just in the rocks and kelp weed and there were bigger crays but we didnt have a sling to pull them out from the rocks we were only fishing by hand with gloves on
we filled 2 safeway bags in about 2 hours and we didn't even put a net in the water
better than the $75 a kilo they are charging for crayfish

Got a few good kilos of freshwater crays in the freezer for the day after boxing Day
Go Aussies
Aussie Aussie Aussie, hehe
Have a great day m8 and all the best for chrissy

shroomyshroom

Veteran
G'day HC, hows it going brotha?
buds looking good...lets hope there is a bunch of fem seeds in em aye

Ya goin to boxin day test bro! i might see ya there!
We will be at the Cricketers Arms for beers breakfast at 10am thats scarmbled eggs, 2 rashers bacon, 2 pieces toast,2 snags,2 tomatoes and a pot for $12
I/m the big bloke

doin some fishin myself next week up the Murray, Its Cod time and the boys up at Echucha have been getting some nice fish but the Targo just keeps supplying

Christmas is going to be great we went up a few days ago and got about 30 fresh water crays.. got some real nice beer bottle crays too...big chunky fuckers
got there at the perfect time... the crays were walking the river banks looking for new homes as the water was rising
i tell ya i got it good were i am an hours drive 1 way and i have trout and fresh water crays and a bit over the other way i have the surf beach.. we went diving today and got 4 crayfish, each 1 well over 1.5kg just in the rocks and kelp weed and there were bigger crays but we didnt have a sling to pull them out from the rocks we were only fishing by hand with gloves on
we filled 2 safeway bags in about 2 hours and we didn't even put a net in the water
better than the $75 a kilo they are charging for crayfish

Got a few good kilos of freshwater crays in the freezer for the day after boxing Day
Go Aussies
Aussie Aussie Aussie, hehe
Have a great day m8 and all the best for chrissy

Dammm Shaun I thought we were mates brother... if you ever have access to crays give my arse a call man......... my family fiend of that shit like a crack whore fiending over crystal...

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are mates brotha, bro you know where i am...you just need some goggles and flippers and the Crays aren't that hard to get if you know where although getting late now for inshore which makes them hard to find, thats why we only got the 4 without the sling....between 2 blokes it was hard swimming and looking in crevasses for about 2 hours.
And when your fighting the current against the rocks it takes it out of you fast so you only have a short chance at them unless you have scuba gear. And mate if there is a month with an R in it we can always get freshwater crays or even yabbies so DecembeR, JanuaRaRy, RFebuRaRy, MaRch, ApRil, we can get freshies m8 just have go for a drive but that means a good drink session on the way if you cant have bongs but beers and bongs on the way to Druin

High Country

Veteran
XMAS PRESENTS

XMAS PRESENTS

Hope everyone has a great Xmas day. This is what Santa gave me.

THIS SEED IS TRYING TO ESCAPE

picture.php

Off to a friends place for the annual pig out on crayfish, prawns, beer and bud. Hit the road early tomorrow for the long drive to Melbourne, hope the ute makes it, then off to the MCG for the cricket. I've got some cookies for that. Catch you all later.

Cheers.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
well done mate!!
high grade impressions ...AS USUAL MY FRIEND!!!
IF YOU WANT I CAN TRY THIS SUCH SEED!!! ehe eh .anyway have a sweetest xmas Lol !!!

Scorpion_au

Nice, HC, very nice! Make sure to save some of these, before you go crossing things with your new genetics that you've ordered. It would be a real shame to lose such a great strain. Having said that, I'm sure half of Australia would like to take some off your hands for 'safekeeping' :)

High Country

Veteran
FINAL TALLY

FINAL TALLY

Back from 2 days at the cricket at the MCG, what a let down. Never mind, the crowd was entertaining, laugh a minute, cos there was nothing else to laugh about. So what have we got.

ABOUT 86 FEMINIZED SEED IS WHAT WE GOT

picture.php

AND ABOUT 4 OZ OF VERY OVERDUE TO HARVEST BUD

picture.php

So there you go, I wonder if the seed is viable, I'll find out at some stage in the future. This long thread is finally coming to a close. Colloidal silver allows the average grower to produce feminized seed. I'm sure it could be tweaked to provide more seed but I'm happy with the first attempt. I think the main seed banks use STS but colloidal silver does the job.

Time for a break from growing, I've got enough from this lot and the last SOG to keep me going for a while. Back to work tomorrow and then some time off.

I'm heading bush for a bit of fishing and R and R. Picked up a new Schmidt & Bender rifle scope while in the big smoke, cost a small fortune so I'll head bush, target the scope in and with luck might bag a Sambar deer, I want a little one for the venison, nice lean meat. I don't mind if I don't even get a shot at one. It will just be good to get out under the great southern sky.

Have a good new year everyone.

shroomyshroom

Veteran
nice job HC :)

enjoy your time off mate... looking forward to hear how your bush girls are doing :)

benjuanman

Veteran
congratulations!!

congratulations!!

way to go HC its been quite a journey with this thread but its definately been worth the wait. you've definately been an inspiration to me n im sure to many others as well. so i must give credit where credit is due :tiphat: another one up for the Aussies:gday:

Last edited: