What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good work High Country,,,I'll be interested in seeing how the fem seeds go...:)

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
THE MAIN COLAS ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH

THE MAIN COLAS ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH

Good work High Country,,,I'll be interested in seeing how the fem seeds go...:)

G'day BENJI, it will be interesting to see how viable these seeds are. The main colas are now fat and heavy, nearly falling over. Fertilization has taken place in these colas and seed is evident.

VARIOUS SEED SITES ON A SMALL PART OF ONE COLA, THE DEBRIS ON THE LEAVES ARE THE REMNANTS OF THE POLLEN CHUCKING

picture.php

There are 4 main colas on the 2 pregnant mums each about 70 cm in length and a few smaller colas. They are all showing signs of a seed set although not as many as normal plants. One more week or so left. But if the seed starts to fall out of these main colas I'm harvesting them.

benjuanman

Veteran
lookin good m8 will have 2 let us kno how they germ. ive sussed out the link to the collidial silver generators n will b doin my best to get one in the new year. peace

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
any idea on how stable the pollen is once harvested ?

cant seem to find any info on this..

would like to give my NYLD a going over with CS :)

High Country

Veteran
any idea on how stable the pollen is once harvested ?

cant seem to find any info on this..

would like to give my NYLD a going over with CS :)

I wouldn't have a clue shroomy, I'm no breeder but I gather if pollen is dried and stored correctly with desiccant it can be frozen and remain viable for an extended period of time, the length of which I do not know.

Perhaps PhenoMenal or BENJI may have a better idea. But I know one thing, colloidal silver works.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
I wouldn't have a clue shroomy, I'm no breeder but I gather if pollen is dried and stored correctly with desiccant it can be frozen and remain viable for an extended period of time, the length of which I do not know.

Perhaps PhenoMenal or BENJI may have a better idea. But I know one thing, colloidal silver works.

:D sure does :)

benjuanman

Veteran
Hey HC u rite in freezin the pollen coz in one of my grow bibles Chimera writes that pollen can be kept at freezing temperatures for several months as long as u dont repeatabley thaw n refreeze the pollen as this will decrease viability.

High Country

Veteran
Hey HC u rite in freezin the pollen coz in one of my grow bibles Chimera writes that pollen can be kept at freezing temperatures for several months as long as u dont repeatabley thaw n refreeze the pollen as this will decrease viability.

Just like a piece of steak, if you thaw and freeze again you are in trouble. Poison.

benjuanman

Veteran
yeah thats a good way to put it fark stoned as feel like a nice fat steak now, but will settle 4 ice cream n Nutri Grain lol

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
haha i like ur choice in foods lol ^^,

HC!! lovin the progress man this is fuckin epic. seeds coming along nicely :D
GL and keep it up man nearly all done.

And nice one on keeping those 4 mums left healthy fukin borg eh,

Peace n Pot!:D

High Country

Veteran
haha i like ur choice in foods lol ^^,

HC!! lovin the progress man this is fuckin epic. seeds coming along nicely :D
GL and keep it up man nearly all done.

And nice one on keeping those 4 mums left healthy fukin borg eh,

Peace n Pot!:D

G'day Afro, I've got about 20 seeds so far from some small colas. Hopefully the main colas hold the pot of gold. I had to stake them up today, 1/2 of them had flopped over, they're a bit top heavy. If this was a normal grow I would have chopped them a few weeks ago. I'm keeping them going to get the seed mature as possible.

I think it was just pot luck, so to speak, that 4 mums lived after the borg attack. I'll get more clones off them soon and slowly build the numbers back up and get another SOG going. Once this seed thing is done I'm going bush for a bit of fishing and might even bag myself a Sambar deer. Cheers.

JHerbz

I just read this whole thread.. Nice.. I was mostly interested in the CS experiment and i gotta say, nice job!

High Country

Veteran
INTERESTING OBSERVATION

INTERESTING OBSERVATION

I was thinking about feminized seed today and thought of Soma's method of Rodelization. By growing female plants 2 to 3 weeks passed there use by date they are meant to produce male bananas in an attempt to pollinate itself or others and continue the strain. This is supposed to stress the plant to the max and cause it to chuck out bananas. My plants are at least 3 weeks passed there use by date, it will be total couch lock if I smoke them.

These plants are currently being stressed to the max. Not only are they long overdue to be harvested but they have been fucked by their she/male daughters. They are flopping over and look totally over it. If that's not stressing them out I don't know what is.

This stress has not caused one male banana to be produced. Rodelization does not appear to work with this strain.

Maybe because they're pregnant already. Food for thought.

L

luvaduck

Maybe because they're pregnant already. Food for thought.[/quote]

On the money bro. :tiphat:

High Country

Veteran
Hey HC, how much longer do you think you have left?

G'day 2stoge, I reckon 7 to 10 days max, that would have given them about 6 weeks from when manual pollination commenced.

Maybe because they're pregnant already. Food for thought.

On the money bro. :tiphat: [/quote]

Indeed luvaduck, but then again, this strain has never hermied no matter how much I have abused it. It's always reliable, a consistent performer. But yep, the girls are both pregnant AND THE FATHER IS THEIR DAUGHTER.

someotherguy

Veteran
nice job man and i'd bet money your beans will be viable.

my young friend InPotITrust harvested his first CS run a few weeks ago and, like you, he didn't get as many beans as he'd have gotten with a str8 male rather than a she/male but he did get more than 100 beans from each of the females he crossed, plus, he took 19 of the palest, shitiest looking of the s1' and put them in some paper towels and after 2 days he has 9 that have popped and sent out tap-roots, who knows how many he'll get in 2 more days, lol.

the point is that even his shitty looking seeds are viable, now all we have to see is if they really are 'clones-in-seed' format.

anyway, thanks for sharing your progress man!

peace, and stay safe, SOG

Latest posts

Latest posts