What's new

Mister D's Vertical Redemption

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
howdy mr crane :) i dont think its the same as napa...its 100% diatomaceus earth...isnt the napa a silicate of some kind? this should rip thier lil bodies abart...its not as fine as the stuff from the hydro store but i think it might do the trick :)

Thought DE only worked when dry to slice and dice those soft bodied insects.

Once wet isnt it pretty much worthless as a top dressing?

Mister_D

Veteran
Hey gang, havn't been around too much the last couple days, busy busy..... I appreciate the support from everyone. Was talking with a buddy of mine about this veg situation, and he just laughed. Said I must be doing something right to have a sucessfull grower hating on me. Usually it's some punk with 250w in his momma's closet, jealous cause he's such a loser. So veg I guess I should be flattered to have you as my very first troll :biggrin:

Bonz - That stuff is the same as floor dry. As ich mentioned looks a lil finer, but definitely the same thing. I would agree it's probably not the best option for gnat control, because it will wick water and remain semi wet as a result. It does however make an awesome replacment for perlite ;). I mix it with coco and chips to make my version of a chow mix. You could mix some into the sunshine mix if you want better drainage, and more air in the root zone :biggrin:. SM-90 @ 5ml per gal. has been worked extremely well at eleminating my gnat problem. Had them for a short period in the grow, and my house was full of them after bringing in some new house plants. Took about a week and they were all gonzo.

Mister_D

Veteran
Shit missed a whole page of replies.

Bonz - Ich is right about floor dry/whatever you got supplying silica. It is noticable for a few weeks, but then it seems to run out. I still supplement with silica blast/protekt/potasium silicate at recommended strength.

Flowerfarmer - You are correct DE is only effective at killing bugs when it's dry. I have tested the powder form extensively in my big garden.

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
Lol... My first troll didn't know the first thing about growing... Congrats bro, you're doing something right. :)

D

DHF

D Bro......Veg wasn`t trollin you........Pretty sure his bullshit was directed at me and my "oldtimer`s disease" post , but neither here nor there......

Cat`s a DICK with ears and I give 2 fucks about how experienced or successful he is at growin......He`s the guy that knows everything and we`re all fuckin idiots.......just ask him.....anyways...

I feel sorry for the prick......God only knows what his poor pitiful life in the real world entails......and I pray for his deliverance from all that hate and animosity he projects at strangers on the internet.......must suck to be him cuz he`s a little man............

Prolly got short man`s syndrome and has to overcompensate and be better than everyone else with his inadequate height issue and most certainly lil shrimp dick........

I apologize for bringin his nuthin ass into your thread Bro.....Please forgive me.......

Peace ....Freds....:ying:......

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
is this the stuff D?

Attachments

• bio.jpg
    bio.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 14

Mister_D

Veteran
Lol... My first troll didn't know the first thing about growing... Congrats bro, you're doing something right. :)

:biggrin: Must be hehe......

D Bro......Veg wasn`t trollin you........Pretty sure his bullshit was directed at me and my "oldtimer`s disease" post , but neither here nor there......

Cat`s a DICK with ears and I give 2 fucks about how experienced or successful he is at growin......He`s the guy that knows everything and we`re all fuckin idiots.......just ask him.....anyways...

I feel sorry for the prick......God only knows what his poor pitiful life in the real world entails......and I pray for his deliverance from all that hate and animosity he projects at strangers on the internet.......must suck to be him cuz he`s a little man............

Prolly got short man`s syndrome and has to overcompensate and be better than everyone else with his inadequate height issue and most certainly lil shrimp dick........

I apologize for bringin his nuthin ass into your thread Bro.....Please forgive me.......

Peace ....Freds....:ying:......

Don't worry about that shit freds. You can't be held responsible for the actions of every fucktard on the internet. I know veg has an issue with you. Which didn't bother me until he came in my thread making asshat comments after I asked him not to once already.

is this the stuff D?

That's the stuff brother :biggrin:.

Mister_D

Veteran
Just checking to let everyone know all is well in the land of D :biggrin:. I've been insanely busy with design and now the start of construction at the new spot. Everything is clicking along suprisingly well. Brought a crew from back home that specializes in building large grow rooms, shocked but they know their shit inside out and backwards. However as is usually the case, when one thing is flowing smoothly something else has to fuck up. Got a call from grobro last week informing me he went downstairs to the grow and found the whole place flooded 6-8" of water. Spent all week cleaning that up, while trying to keep the plants alive. Basicly had to tear everything but the concrete walls down and rebuild the entire setup. Santa fe has run nonstop since the flood. Plants are under fed because of all the water, ah fuck the list goes on and on...... Then I got up to this threads grow only to find that after I harvested all the cenex plants the blumat really went funky on me. Came back to several plants flooding, while three were dead and dried to a crisp on the stem. I cloned all of the seed plants that fit my criteria and cut the orignals way back instead of flowering them. The racks are being switched to DTW before another round starts. I love the blumats, but i'm not at the grow often enough to watch them. Really kind of pissed/dumbfounded, my buddy running 300 of them still hasn't had any real issues with them. Supports my theory about blumats being sensitive to enviromental changes. On the up side the breeding room is filled to the max and doing pretty well all things considered. Forgot to test orca while I was there, more concerned about the flood, but i'll test it next visit. Time permiting, i'll try and do an update with pics in the next few days......

Mister_D

Veteran
Finally got around to test orca against primer. Just proped one of my t-5's up and faced it at a painted wall. Placed the light meter on a table about 6" away from the wall. Reading with just the paint is 4800 lux, with the orca it went up to 4900 lux. So it seems orca really is better. Question now becomes is the gain in reflectivity great enough for the individual gardener to justify the added cost over just using primer.

MSN was showing pictures of Halloween costumes for pets today. I swear whoever came up with one in particular has been reading your thread

Mister_D

Veteran
Hey gang, it's been a minute since I did an update. The garden is kind of on hold at the moment. Racks are empty, veg is full of clones in cups, the breeding room is packed however :biggrin:

Right side
picture.php

Left side, still needs staking
picture.php

Oh and i'll grab some side by side pictures for the SRGB test. On looks alone the SRGB seems to be pulling ahead by a slight margin. I'll weight both plants individually once harvest comes around. Not a totally fair test as these plants have been kind of abused in my absence...

Romulan and Jack herer probably seriously overgrown at this point :laughing:. Growbro will be out there tommorrow to handle that... Lil cenex hanging ready to be trimmed. The two big plants are seedlings, not sure what though....
picture.php

Continued.....

Last edited:

Mister_D

Veteran
Two 14" max fans, and let's not forget the 10" max fan in the breeding room :biggrin:. I'm now officially the king of maximum bitchin air flow :laughing:

picture.php

Reservation labs is hanging around the forums again, so I took the opportunity to grab some of his gear :biggrin:. Really excited to get back home, and get to work cracking seeds.

picture.php

Last edited:

Mister_D

Veteran
Almost forgot. I'm going DTW in the racks. I wasn't really feeling the selonoids bobble was/is thinking about using, so I spoke with our hvac guy about ideas, he recommended these to me. They are called zone valves. Taco 570 is the industry standard in commerical hydronic applications. A bit expensive, but should last forever for what i'm using it for. Still debating between using a 24v converter and short cycle timer, or just wiring up a sprinkler timer.

picture.php

1/2" in and out sweat x PEX connections still need to be soldered together.

DrFever

Veteran
i bet that thai seeds are going to rock i think my next strains i will add to my collection will be thai and c99

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Two 14" max fans, and let's not forget the 10" max fan in the breeding room :biggrin:. I'm now officially the king of maximum bitchin air flow :laughing:

View Image

I'm not understanding what's going on in this badass picture. Two fans in-line with one another?

I'm not an HVAC guy but wouldnt one need larger diameter ducting after the two fans to take advantage of the increased airflow?

Is your filter spec'd for the increased CFM? Two 14 max fans is like 2300CFM right?

Also, I'm pretty sure while you may gain CFM with that setup, it will not increase your max distance. I honestly with I would have went with all 10" maxes and used the 14" only for scrubbing in my sealed room. I need to switch some things around now after playing around with the 10" vs. 14" in my rooms.

The Max 14 falls off a lot once you hit a certain amount of resistance/length. Not sure how far your ducting is going after it makes that 90 into the ceiling, but take note of the loss of power between the two fans. MAX 14, with its low wattage and rpm seems to more ideal for scrubbing vs. reasonable lengths of resistance/ducting.

Super sexy though. :good:

FAN MODEL RPM
VOLTS MAX WATTS MAX AMPS. 0" .125" .25" .375" .5"* .75"* 1.0" 1.25" 1.5" MAX
PS.
DUCT DIA. SONES 10" 2990 115 228 1.9 1019 985 950 920 885 815 705 535 155 1.74 10" 11.5 14" 1700 115 253 2.1 1700 1630 1560 1480 1400 1180 240 N/A N/A 1.19 14" 10 10" and 14" Max-Fan are speed controllable

EDIT-- ah fuck.. that didnt paste very good. Check out the chart on their website.