What's new

Mister D's Vertical Redemption

Mister_D

Veteran
I guess my Oldtimer`s disease kicked in bout the orca film and your warm glow from the painted walls Bro......but....

BST says the orca wins hands down over reflectix and I just can`t see it , but if it does.......Proof`s in da puddin......now.....

Glad yas`re figuring out why the blumats went wonky on yas/or it seems plausible why they fucked with Bobbles constantly and went well for you....... anyways.....

I never wanted my Bro`s to encounter problems , but rather make things easier in an otherwise stressful situation of croppin....so....

My apologies for stressin blumats as the failsafe grow setup that it`s obvously not , although I`ve got waaaaay more folks killin it with em than the few that aren`t , but I digress.....

Killer update my buddy , and hope all yer ducks fall in a row for dialed and hoonin pheno`s found from the breedin project.....

Thanks for the update and info Bro.....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

It's all good freds :biggrin:. As many brain cells as we've fried, we're entitled to forget a thing or two :laughing:. Blumats did well for me, not knocking them at all. In fact i'm glad you pushed me to try them actually, because they kick ass when they work. They are just sensitive to swings in enviromental conditions. All part of the learning curve that every technique has. I'm sure it's nothing a few hours studying up on whatever the sensors in blumats are called (I know but the word escapes me atm) couldn't solve. I still intend to continue using them at this garden for now, at least until I sort the details of ebb/flow or DTW racks. Once either of those is implemented, i'll simply move them to the big garden so gro bro can have a break from hand watering everyday :biggrin:. I know ya just meant to help, and blumats weren't/aren't a bad suggestion. Just not the best option out there for a remote grow.

bobblehead

Veteran
So what you're saying is you're waiting to see what I do first... :biglaugh: Don't wait too long... I got my clone game on track.

Mister_D

Veteran
So what you're saying is you're waiting to see what I do first... Don't wait too long... I got my clone game on track.

Waiting for you......:laughing:. I'm busy designing a 500 light DTW coco setup from the ground up, but whatever makes ya feel better bro :biggrin:. I already figured out how to implement the seleniods in the racks, just weighing the pros/cons of ebb/flow vs DTW. In all seriousness though, I'm happy as hell to hear things are back on track for you. Get's kinda lonely up here with no competition. Good to know the clones are taking root also ;) ;). I always said you'd be the one to hit 10 lbs first...... or will you :biggrin:

bobblehead

Veteran
Waiting for you......:laughing:. I'm busy designing a 500 light DTW coco setup from the ground up, but whatever makes ya feel better bro :biggrin:. I already figured out how to implement the seleniods in the racks, just weighing the pros/cons of ebb/flow vs DTW. In all seriousness though, I'm happy as hell to hear things are back on track for you. Get's kinda lonely up here with no competition. Good to know the clones are taking root also . I always said you'd be the one to hit 10 lbs first...... or will you :biggrin:

busy designing a 500 light grow... psh... take your typical tree grow 5 light 10x10 room, and multiply it by 100... piece of cake. :moon: Do work! I just hope you're not in bed with a cartel... ;)

I like ebb/flow, it works well in my veg room... but I'm telling ya if you decide to go that route instead of DTW and only feeding with fresh nutes, you should go with recirculating top feed. Your racks are going to have to be able to hold a lot more weight with ebb/flow, along with having all the nute solution needed to do the flooding. I've thought about it... and I see waterfalls if something goes wrong.

Mister_D

Veteran
busy designing a 500 light grow... psh... take your typical tree grow 5 light 10x10 room, and multiply it by 100... piece of cake. :moon: Do work! I just hope you're not in bed with a cartel... ;)

:laughing: Ya if only it was that easy..... It will consist of many 10x10 rooms with a hall in the middle Not working for the cartel. Actually it's a good friend of mine that i've known for many years.

I like ebb/flow, it works well in my veg room... but I'm telling ya if you decide to go that route instead of DTW and only feeding with fresh nutes, you should go with recirculating top feed. Your racks are going to have to be able to hold a lot more weight with ebb/flow, along with having all the nute solution needed to do the flooding. I've thought about it... and I see waterfalls if something goes wrong.

My racks are already strong enough to handle flooding, so that isn't really an issue. I'm leaning towards DTW just because it will envolve less modification of the room. Less reservior management is also appealing. Still havn't decided, but time is definitely a factor, so DTW is currently winning.

D

DHF

DTW with dripclean in coco is safe for big setups.....and....RBDF....

Got many many growbro`s killin big setups with blumat regs and maxi`s with smaller and bigger plants , but they`re onsite to manage adjustments till none are needed....and....

That`s where Mr D and Bobbles know from first hand experience how environmental factors can have an effect on the cones to cause runaway and or vacuum locks.... anyways....

DTW and dripclean will always make bank once bitches is monocropped and nutrient requirements are dialed along with environment and watts per sq ft......

Peace....Freds......:ying:.......

V

Veg N Out

This thread is always a good read for me when I'm feeling mad. I just read the most recent few posts and always get a laugh

D

DHF

This thread is always a good read for me when I'm feeling mad. I just read the most recent few posts and always get a laugh
We live to entertain your nuthin ass VNO......

Keep laughin and disrespectin......it only adds to your Karma , or rather takes away from it......and....

Why are you back here after leavin or gettin banned.....I`m just sayin.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

Mister_D

Veteran

What exactly do you find funny about my thread? Got to tell ya, I respect your skills as a grower, but your attitude would likely have me beating the fuck out of you in a few hours if we ever hung out in real life. I'm a nice guy on here, but I'm not a person you want to antagonize in the real world. Lots of guys with your kind of attitude got fucked up while I was in prison. Not much has changed since my release... Learn some respect or I assure you somebody will teach it to you. That said, this isn't the direction I want my thread headed in. If you have nothing positive to contribute, get the fuck out period.

sgapetti

Veteran
VNO probably needs some attention because he isn't getting any irl:laughing: not even worth getting agitated about it :moon:
Peace S

bobblehead

Veteran
VNO probably needs some attention because he isn't getting any irl:laughing: not even worth getting agitated about it :moon:
Peace S

Lol not even the kindest herb can fix that...

If my comments were humerous then I take no offense... Cause I wasn't serious about the cartel... Or was I... :)

Bonzo

Veteran
D dude! check this out....6 bucks at auto zone...:woohoo:

thinkin' bout top dressing for gnat control...waddya think?

Attachments

• afd1.jpg
    afd1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 12
  • SOL BLUBONIC
    SOL BLUBONIC
    67.6 KB · Views: 25
  • afd.jpg
    afd.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 12

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
D dude! check this out....6 bucks at auto zone...:woohoo:

thinkin' bout top dressing for gnat control...waddya think?

That will not work for nat control if it is like NAPA's floor dry. It does slow moisture loss and changes color when dry though. The color goes from tan when wet to white when dry. It also does not work well with Blumats.

Bonzo

Veteran
howdy mr crane :) i dont think its the same as napa...its 100% diatomaceus earth...isnt the napa a silicate of some kind? this should rip thier lil bodies abart...its not as fine as the stuff from the hydro store but i think it might do the trick :)

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Yours may be a little finer but it is the same stuff. The NAPA is the size of the colored gravel in fish tanks. You know the little blue and red stones.

Bonzo

Veteran
thanks ich...this stuff is definitely finer than aquarium gravel...cant hurt to give it a whirl on one or two plants...:)