What's new

Mister D's Vertical Redemption

Carboy

You'd better start to think about the corrosive salts in that nutrient solution you're playing with and address building any fluid control
with that fact in mind...

Your lil zone valve is not meant to be used with corrosive fluids but rather pure H20 or H20 with a glycol additive which is an anti corrosive and anti freeze agent .

Ill give your lil taco solenoid a year tops before the pitting cause the stem to hang up and stick open or closed frequently .

Stainless steel or polymer valves only ,,,it's a no brainer

for valves try simple inexpensive lawn irrigation zone valves or If you wanna do it proper then get these its what I used on my
prior aeroponic builds .

Hayward Tru Union Valves

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=24448&catid=803
or......
Think Rainbird or Orbit ,,,hell I've built complete hydro systems with full controls all from Orbit Lawn irrigation
equipment from Lowes on the cheap and the shit is still running without a hiccup 4 years later for the people
I built it for ...full poly construction ....Orbit Easy set timer

It's not rocket surgery

I install hydronic heated floors and use Taco controllers and valves, pumps all the time.
They're great but need to be used in the proper environment ,and corrosive nutrients
sure as shit aren't it.

I've had excellent with luck DIG values (have run them WAY over rating) and the 5600-IP controler gives you cycle control to the second. After using it for irrigation, converted almost all other solenoids to 24VAC coils. No regrets yet. You can see the difference when you look at theses valves next to Orbit etc. Kind of a spun plastic material. Originally from Israel, don't know if they are still manufactured there or not. Excellent tech support.
CB

L

lordofthenugz

Ha! You're lucky if ALL you get is the beer from the massive titties, though I'm not sure those are even legitimate mammaries.

Upon further review, it looks like John Belushi with a pillow stuffed up under his manzier.

When it comes to Oktoberfest cuties, I always did have a special place in my boner for this girl, up front:

View Image

..though the one in the middle looks like she could take a punch.

Keep Calm Chive On!!!!:biggrin:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:yeahthats

And what's funny is that picture in particular, I've seen for years, .. I think on fark first, and then.. Of a whole gaggle of oktoberfest chick pictures, that one's always stuck with me, ..

Err, .. Yeah..

:laughing:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

huh?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
So much good shit in this thread. I just finished re-reading it from page #1 to #37.

Mister_D

Veteran
So much good shit in this thread. I just finished re-reading it from page #1 to #37.

I commend you sir :tiphat:. Glad you are enjoying the thread a second time through. I've tried to keep it interesting, but with ich constantly adding his "humor" it can get a bit dry at times :laughing:. Was actually planning to re-read your old thread as soon as I have a moment also. I've recently again become interested in CMH's. I did a shit ton of research on them a couple years back, and decided they were the way to go for my haze garden. Still going back and forth about them because the biggest they come is 400w. I think it is sunmaster lighting that is coming out with a 600 and 1000w that has similar spectral distribution to a CMH. Called a full nova or something spacey like that. May give those a shot when they hit the market.

Last edited:
D

DHF

Just wishing everyone a happy turkey day :biggrin: Hope everyone is in good company with full bellies.
Said for a while you was a class act D bro....Lookin out for others regardless if one benefits from said act shows integrity and good upbringing.....

Wishin folks Happy Thanksgiving and wantin everyone`s belly full is as it should be ....Many happy returns my buddy........Gotta go tend my smokers and feed the multitudes after while......after all.....

Family and true friends are precious.....Cherish em while yas can.....Tempus Fugit.....

Peace....Freds....:ying:......

dreaded

Mister_D, very nice and informative thread. I think ima steal your drain table idea.
I am a first time verticle grower coming soon. Wish i had the money you put in your room. How far are your ligts from plants.
How many plants can you put around a 1k watter in a 6x6 space.
thanks in advance.
Also heard good things about sm-90, can i use it with rhizotonic?
:thank you:

Mister_D

Veteran
Mister_D, very nice and informative thread. I think ima steal your drain table idea.
I am a first time verticle grower coming soon. Wish i had the money you put in your room. How far are your ligts from plants.
How many plants can you put around a 1k watter in a 6x6 space.
thanks in advance.
Also heard good things about sm-90, can i use it with rhizotonic?
:thank you:

Thanks for the complement dreaded. Steal any idea you find usefull, I stole most of them from somewhere else anyway :laughing:. Don't worry about the money aspect, just try to spend what you have on things you won't need to upgrade in the future. As for the lights distance it depends on what stage the plants are in. My lights are always stationary because this is a remote grow, it's more ideal to keep them closer and raise them as the plants grow. For veg I keep them about 24" above the tops of each pot. A clone starts at ~3" tall and grows towards the light from there. In flower, the rack room has lights at 3ft from bulb to the top of the soil line (really the side of the pot as it's a Vsog setup.). In the breeding room where i'm doing donuts, each light is covering a 4x4' area of floor space. Both bloom rooms are run off 600's. As to your question about how many plants you can fit around a vertical 1000w; really depends on how small or large your plants are. For a tree grow, 4-6 is about the norm. However if you are going Vsog it could be anywhere from 20-100 cuts. My suggestion if you want advice specificly applicable to you, start a thread and detail your room size, production goals, plant limits, gardening experience level, equipment on hand (if you have any), anything else that might effect how you grow (disability, etc.). Lastly yes sm-90 can be used with rhizo, it has been shown not to kill benies. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, but you'll get the best information if you start a thread.

Mister_D

Veteran
Said for a while you was a class act D bro....Lookin out for others regardless if one benefits from said act shows integrity and good upbringing.....

Wishin folks Happy Thanksgiving and wantin everyone`s belly full is as it should be ....Many happy returns my buddy........Gotta go tend my smokers and feed the multitudes after while......after all.....

Family and true friends are precious.....Cherish em while yas can.....Tempus Fugit.....

Peace....Freds....:ying:......

I appreciate the words fred, same could definitely said about you bro :tiphat:. Really i'm just trying to make up for some of the bad, and maybe put some pennies in my karma bank before the whole shit house goes up in flames. I know me and the big man upstairs have alot to talk about......

dreaded

I hear ya on starting a thread. Thank you for the advise. Very busy in life at the moment. Will definitely get pics up though. I'm a reader and a lurker(read this whole thread).
Many people with good advise. I feel like i know fred, from the many post i've read.
Grow on. I'm here.

Latest posts

Latest posts