What's new

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I can't wait to see the results #1 grow logs. If they show a high abundance of skunk pheno's I'll buy a pack when you send them to the bay.

Im locked on the skunk, I don't know why but it is kind of an obsession of mine.

No worries on the pics Med, no one understands more than me that sometimes grows just go to shit, I had a string of bad luck for a few grows earlier in the year. Sometimes shit just happens, it's how you move forward that matters.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
keeper phenos

keeper phenos

heres some leaf shots i took for ya hiding

def not as nice as yours, but an idea :)

very afghanica braod leaf is one more chemy.
the other has classic "skunk" road kill structure. more round with faster tip termination

Attachments

• PIC_1756.jpg
    PIC_1756.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 15
  • PIC_1757.jpg
    PIC_1757.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 33
  • PIC_1758.jpg
    PIC_1758.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 21
  • PIC_1759.jpg
    PIC_1759.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 19
  • PIC_1761.jpg
    PIC_1761.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 22

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
keeper phenos

keeper phenos

some more :)

the last pic will always be road kill. this pic reminds me of the "classic" pot leaf from the 80's and 90's that were on the cover of hightimes and logos etc even dr dres "chronic" album is pic 3

med-man

Attachments

• PIC_1766.jpg
    PIC_1766.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 26
  • PIC_1765.jpg
    PIC_1765.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 26
  • PIC_1764.jpg
    PIC_1764.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 17
  • PIC_1763.jpg
    PIC_1763.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Frog
    Frog
    55.8 KB · Views: 31

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
last ones

last ones

scale size, 1 gallon pots. 6 weeks from transplanting

med-man

Attachments

• PIC_1767.jpg
    PIC_1767.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 20
  • PIC_1768.jpg
    PIC_1768.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 22
  • PIC_1769.jpg
    PIC_1769.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 25

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
All of the ones I got had giant leaves too, except for the male I kept. It has thinner leaves and overpowering stink. I saved him just in case. That sativa one you posted would be my pick too, just because it's the oddball.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool

i noticed, since i took seed popping personal breeding seriously in 1998, that males always reek, and look the best in vigor. i have yet to see and ecxeption to this rule

med-man

Mikenite69

Veteran
Nice med-man I like the pics the #1's I think I would of liked those are my style leaves and I like some stretch. They are very chunky. I like it I have one of my #2's that shoots some pretty wide indica 3 leaf blades in flower and is shooting the fatest whitest long white hairs I'll have to take a picture of it close up. All the others look kinda identicle to how the plants you showed that were budding a very wierd bud formation like calaxes that point out with a single hair shooting out of them sideways though definitley gonna be some fat buds and they smell so sickly sweet.

The other one that has been pissin me off since flower has a sweet but burnt tire/ I don't know what the hell it is smell to it. Lol that's the only way I can describe it for now but all smell great and stink worse than any of the others I am growing currently and I still have some time left with these. I hope my phat filter will hold up to the challenge. I find my self turning my fan speed controller up a notch everyday.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mike

burnt rubber is aver afghanica odor, not kush though, probably more inland then kush/mountainous

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
RKS Female #3
Day 53 12/12

This is the runt.
Not too interesting, really low yield, good bud quality.
I'm still holding a clone of this one because it smells like straight up pine.
Very leafy.

picture.php

picture.php

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
RKS Female #1
Pre harvest pics
Day 79 12/12
Trichs, cloudy, no visible amber.
I'm embarrassed to show this one because it's so ugly it got burnt up pretty bad but buds still look good.

picture.php

picture.php

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey hiding

is the top pic the chem skunk?

great pics. thanks for sharing. :)

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
hey hiding

is the top pic the chem skunk?

great pics. thanks for sharing. :)

med-man

It's hard to tell what it smells like just yet, it seems to change every week. The only one with a definitive smell is the runt, which is very piney.

I'll have a smoke report coming up maybe today or tomorrow with the first dried and cured pheno too.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi hiding

thanks for making time and space for my testers

i will be making a silver skunk testers thread soon ;-)

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
hi hiding

thanks for making time and space for my testers

My pleasure :tiphat:

Im sorry the one got a little fried, Im just happy I have all my problems straightened out now.

I might have to sit out on the Silver Skunks. I will think about it but I just started a bunch of new seeds which will be keeping me busy for a while.

If you ever do anymore work on a Roadkill Skunk line, I'd be more than happy to help you out with some testers.

I'll be on the hunt for roadkill till I find it
picture.php

I saved an RKS #2 male that is the most skunk smelling plant out of all of them. When this grow is over I might take the best female and move on to some F2's, if I find anything skunky I will gladly send some back to you.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi hiding

thats a wicked idea

please keep us all posted on the offspring. she is in there.

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
SMOKE REPORT
RKS FEMALE #2

Scoring Scale: 1-10 highest

Plant Info:

Total Yield: # score (5)
Plant Yield was fairly low, Approx 40 grams from a 3 gallon bag of soil. This plant veg'd really slow from seed and didn't stretch out much. From clone this plant seems to veg quicker, pruning is a must.

Characteristics: 1 main bud with many small buds.

Preliminary Info:
Sample: Organic, 10 day cure
Ripeness: 100% Cloudy trichs, 68 days flowering, for my personal preference I would have liked to take this til at least 75.
Dosage: 0.7g Marijuana Cigarette, hemp paper

Bad Appeal: # score (8.5)
Buds are white with resin, excellent resin coverage.
I give them a 8.5 because they are a little bit hairy, a 10 bud would be less hairy with larger buds. I think the hairiness could be attributed to the fertilizer used and I believe on round 2 of this plant bag appeal will be improved.

Smell: # score (10)
Very pungent
2 part odor, upon opening the jar odor is primarily Garlic
After a grind, odor is a mix of pine, menthol, and slightly citrusy
No smell smell exactly but an odd combination of the 3.

Taste: # score (9)
The taste of this bud is very prolific, it makes your mouth water, it lingers on the tongue and you still taste this bud after smoking it.
Best way to describe this bud would be slightly acidic this is the mouth watering aspect. It reminds me most of a cup of dark roast coffee, served black. Slightly acidic, lingers in your mouth.

Potency: # score (10)
I rolled a 0.7g joint, but only smoked about half of it to start. By half way I was very high. I came back and re-medicated after about 50 minutes of initially smoking.

High: # score (9)
I give it a 9 because the high gives me slight raciness at times, I think bringing it to about 75 days flower would take the edge off and make this a 10.

High Description:

I smoked half a joint til high. it hits hard, and hits fast.
Instantaneous body relaxation, tension melts away, pain dissipates, a sense of wellbeing and a warm feeling radiates thru your body. Relaxing but clear.

After about 20 mins the high settles in, slight raciness at times which goes away for good once high settles in. It is easy to get things done albeit being zoned out it may be hard to do things properly, or just sit on the couch. A nap sounds nice, if you sit on the couch you might become glued for a while. A nice chilled out high, good for movie watching and just being calm and quiet. The brain wanders off into introspective thought, sensation is felt in the eyes and slight visual distortion is possible.

After about 50 minutes it was time to re-up the high, basically more of the same at this point, minus the raciness. Long lasting effects, and good vibes throughout.

Duration: # score (10)
High easily lasted 2.5-3 hours
My tolerance is high as I smoke weed everyday.

Overall Impression:
I like this plant, I think the buds are nice and the high is enjoyable.
I am and will continue to grow this one for a while, I found it refreshingly different.

picture.php

picture.php

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey hiding

awesome grow. pics and reportings. i appreciate your honesty as well

thanks again for your time and efforts

please feel free to let me know when you are ready to test more stuff

best tutorial/test in my sub forum , you really lived up to your rep :)

med-man

Last edited:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
hey hiding

awesome grow. pics and reportings. i appreciate your honesty as well

thanks again for your time and efforts

please feel free to let me know when you are ready to test more stuff

best tutorial/test in my sub forum , you really lived up to your rep :)

med-man

Thanks for the kind words Med-Man.

This isn't something I volunteer to do often so when I do I try to do it up right.

I'll be up for more test grows in a few months, right now I just have to focus on some projects that have been in the back of my head for a while.

I appreciate the opportunity to test these for you and I'd definitely clear some room for any future work on roadkill skunk projects.

Not done yet, a few more weeks to go and 3 more smoke reports to come. :joint:

Also I will be doing a round 2 grow report on at least female #2 and #4. Im already underway with RKS Female #2 and will post some pics this week.

It will be interesting to see how things can improve from one grow to the next.

Latest posts

Latest posts