What's new

Mikenite69

Veteran
Nice repot so far hiding! Sounds like she is a winner and atleast you found a good keeper to hold onto. Peace mike

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
***PHOTO UPDATE***

I'll start off with RKS #2, 2 plants one in veg and and one round 2 flowering.

Veg'ing for a 5 gallon bucket.

In flower.

RKS Bonsai male (roadkill pheno)

After smelling all the plants in veg and flower, I can say this one is way different then the rest. This one legit smells like a skunk.

Last edited:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
***PHOTO UPDATE CONT***

RKS Female #4 (keeper pheno)

This thing is beautiful. Definitely a keeper.
It still has a few weeks to go, I will be moving it closer to the light in about a week to help increase the yield before harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
***PHOTO"S CONT***

RKS Female #3
Day 61 12/12
It was moved closer to the light and is starting to fill out a bit.
Harvest at about 70 days.
Smells exactly like my christmas tree.

picture.php

picture.php

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey hiding

awesome pics again

it should taste like a cristmas tree too :) i wouls say that pheno comes in from the #2 side of the cross. i have seen no pine from the #1s ever

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I can't wait for the pine pheno to be cut and dried. Yield is low this time but I think I can make that better on a second run with a long ass veg.

RKS Female #1 is curing now, so a smoke report of that one will be thrown up next weekend.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
***PHOTO UPDATE***

RKS Female #3
Day 70 12/12
Pine pheno
Pre harvest pics

Not much to say, took this one down on day 70. Had a few amber trichs here and there. A few nanners around the base of the plant, none of them opened up, I take this as a sign the plant is done flowering and ready to be harvested.

I am very eager to smoke this one to see how the pine smell and taste holds up, I have a cut veging now, going to veg it a long time and give it a second run.

picture.php

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
RKS Female #4
Heavy resin pheno

This one still has about 15 or so days left to go. This plant has heavy resin coverage. Probably going to be some of the whitest buds I have ever grown.

Seems to thrive in indirect lighting, continual pruning throughout flower is needed to get some light into interiors of the plant. Light nutrients. I have found with Med Man's RKS they barely need feeding.
I moved this one closer to the light to fatten up before finishing.

A perfect christmas tree shape, very pretty plant. I like this one a lot.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Misc pics

RKS Female #2 Round 2
Day 30 or so 12/12, no nutes necessary.
Continual pruning necessary.

This is pheno has already been grown and smoked, this is one of my current favorite smokes. It's my personal stash and anyone that has tried it has really liked it.

picture.php

Different pheno's in veg
Rear roadkill smelling male
Front left heavy resin female #4
Front right pine smelling female #3

picture.php

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
RKS Female #1 Smoke Report and Grow report

Plantdetails
Veg is relatively slow and stretch is minimal so I would recommend a long veg and plenty of root space.

Flowering time was 78 days, it could have been taken anywhere from 70-75 and it would have been good. I just like to take off any paranoid edge before I harvest them.

One main cola, no side branching, many small buds. Yield was low, approx 40 grams, - a few grams due to a little bit of mold.

This pheno was also a little more nutrient sensitive then the other 3 females.

I did not keep this pheno for another round because the clones had a tendency to auto flower when kept in veg.

During this test grow out of the 4 females this was the only one to auto flower when kept in veg too long, I don't know if up-potting would have stopped this. It did not auto from seed, just from clone. 2 males out of 4 also had auto flowering tendencies when veg'd too long from seed.

The 3 keeper female pheno's did not auto, therefore this one got the boot.

Smoke Report
scale 1-10 being the highest.

Preliminary info:
Sample: Organic
Ripeness: More amber trichs then pheno #2
Dosage: 0.8 grams, marijuana cigarette, hemp paper

Odor: # score (10)
I give this one a 10 on odor because it is very pungent and stinky. Not roadkill skunk smelling, but more of a rotting, dead sweetness.

Bag Appeal: # score (9.5)
I give it a solid 9.5, beautifully frosty buds. Basically I reserve a 10 score in bag appeal for something like GSC forum cut.

Taste: # score (9)
Taste is similar to the other reviewed pheno. Slightly acidic, makes your mouth water, a hint of rotting sweetness in the smoke. Comparable the the #2 pheno, but something about the #2 pheno I liked a little better.

High: # score (10)
This is where this plant shines, no signs of anxiety like the other pheno. It is very potent but is a nice smooth ride. Half the joint was smoked to start.

A few comments about the high, hits hard, hits fast, very cerebral, introspective thoughts at first, easily glide thru anything you might have to do. After a while it really settles in to your head, deep thinking, and great conversation is possible. It is very comfortable and relaxing. This may sound odd but this is great shower weed, some strains are nice to just smoke and take a hot shower, this is one of them lol. The high is like a warm blanket mixed with melting of the mind.

Potency: # score (10)
very potent, half the joint was good to start with then coming back later to re-up the high.
One joint is enough to get 2 people roasted.

Duration: # score (10)
I'd say the high lasted a good 2.5 hours, but it leaves you in a good mood long after the high has worn off.

Overall Impression:
I really liked the smoke, it was basically just little quirks about how it grows that made it not worth running a second time. The plants I run must be able to veg smoothly without much special attention, this plant would have just been too hard to veg and keep clones going due to the autoflowering.

Bud shot:
picture.php

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow hiding

you are the archityptual grow reporter

amazing report the whole way through :)

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Doing this report has been fun.

Dreaded I think you will really like these. I've been growing many strains, including a few elite clones, I like these med-man's skunks just as much if not more then everything else in the grow room.

The #3 the pine pheno is drying now, another smoke report to come in a few weeks.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Probably about 10 days til the next smoke report. Pheno #3 just went in to jars today.
I'll have a photo update on #4 this weekend, it's starting to purple up, looks beautiful, best of the bunch. I cant wait to smoke some.

Im going to be putting a big #2 in to flowering, maybe today or tomorrow. Im thinking a 5 gallon bucket so I'll be rolling in skunk for the next few months.

I got some #2 clones rooted up, fastest strain out of 5 or 6 to throw roots, about 6 days from cut to roots.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
***PHOTO UPDATE***

RKS Female #4 pre harvest pics

Coming down today, day 72 12/12.

This is a keeper pheno, a long with pheno #2 the garlic pheno.
This pheno looks excellent, pre harvest smells are like limey, sweet, pissy and pine all mixed together. I cant wait to get this one dried.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I also have an update to do on RKS female #2, round 2. I just threw a big bitch into flower yesterday, so I have 2 more Fem #2's going now and a #4 veg'ing.

I'll get pics tomorrow when I have more time.

Also female #3 smoke report to come this weekend, it's sitting in jars now.

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
So is anybody getting real road kill skunk smells. (after dry/cure)
Or just more of the sweet sweet?

Roadkill was roadkill dry. Nothing sweet about it.
From what I'm reading this sounds like something similar to the chem family.

Except the pine. I like that. Damn I wish Pine Tar Kush was about.

:tiphat:

nice show keep up the work

TR

Latest posts

Latest posts