What's new

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I got the RKS #2, so I will get this up and started. I was lucky enough to get 11 seeds in my pack, special thanks to Med Man and Seedbay for making this happen, it is much appreciated.

I will be starting 5 seeds tonight...if they turn out good I will start up more over the next few months and keep this thread going.

A few details about this grow

Lighting: 1k Flower, T5 for veg
Medium: Organic Soil
Nutes: Organic
Style: Perpetual
Veg Time: Unknown, I will veg them until they are big enough or a spot opens up for them. Im estimating about a 2 month veg depending on their vigor.

I will be back in a few days, to report how well the germination goes.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
front row :)

watch her root mass. established plants will start to bloom in small pots. this may benefit or hinder some growers. no issues in hydro.

stoked you rock organic too. this will really oooze out the skunk-ass from these

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Hey thanks Med Man, I will make a mental note of that and keep an eye on them throughout veg.

One thing I would like to comment on right off the bat is the vigor of these seeds. This morning I checked in on them and was shocked to see 3 out of 5 already had tails poking out after just 9hrs in the paper towel, and by 12 hours I already had 5 out of 5 with tails.

I think that might be the fastest I have ever had seeds germinate.

I spent a few bucks on upgrades for this grow, new veg bulbs and a reverse osmosis system so I can do it up proper.

I'll be back with pics when things get going.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one! tagged,,running the rks1 next! so will be watching this one and i will run rks2 after my next run, good luck,please keep us posted with any pros or cons, much appreciated, peace and regards s2

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey thanks Med Man, I will make a mental note of that and keep an eye on them throughout veg.

One thing I would like to comment on right off the bat is the vigor of these seeds. This morning I checked in on them and was shocked to see 3 out of 5 already had tails poking out after just 9hrs in the paper towel, and by 12 hours I already had 5 out of 5 with tails.

I think that might be the fastest I have ever had seeds germinate.

I spent a few bucks on upgrades for this grow, new veg bulbs and a reverse osmosis system so I can do it up proper.

I'll be back with pics when things get going.

was hoping you would run em all.

there is a sweeter fruit pheno, a citrusy raod kill and skunk ass road kill skunk.

i supercharge all my beans 3 ways. i get the same response. just have 250 seedlings right now, all had long tails witihn 48 hours :)

hope you get a perfect reeker from the 5

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
was hoping you would run em all.

Give me a few weeks to get these sexed and clear some space and I'll start more.

I run perpetual so I have a constant rotation of plants spread out over a few weeks. Right now I have quite a bit of seedlings from a few different strains, once they get going and a few get thrown in to flower I will start more skunks. You will see them all grown out before this thread comes to a close, I assure you.

I planted the first five today, so things should start moving along in a day or two. I also have another light available, I've got a 250w tent I use aswell, so I will be able to show case your RKS under 1k and 250w micro grow stylee.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool man. all good :)

micro grows are the best for quality anyway.

remember, skunks usually dont need more then 1.5 ec for the whole grow. i know you have a program, but please note that they are pretty sensitive to high ppm. very easy to fry em :)

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
This will be an interesting grow.

I actually don't use fertilizer. I will be alternating bacterial and fungal cultures and rely on an aged and well amended soil to provide the nutrition. I think they will take to this very well especially now that I have ultra pure water.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh wicked, thats rad man

would love to see how they taste when ready :) i can imagine

med-man

sdd420

Veteran
Awesome man I hope to get mine soon and be right behind you! Meantime watching yours and taking any advice you have good luck bro

P.S thanks again to MedMan and Clarence:tiphat:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool man. all good :)

micro grows are the best for quality anyway.

remember, skunks usually dont need more then 1.5 ec for the whole grow. i know you have a program, but please note that they are pretty sensitive to high ppm. very easy to fry em :)

med-man
nice one med-man,,i love me some sensitive girls,,bit more tender loving care and all the best i can give them in there short lives! but not too much and they usually repay in kind,,s2:tiphat:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
totally geeza, totally lol

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sweet,

so they all germed but 2 no sprouts? or 3 germed out of 5 only?

i like to plant the tap root but keep the pod at surface level to ensure all seedlings come up. but that is just me :)

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
sweet,

so they all germed but 2 no sprouts? or 3 germed out of 5 only?

i like to plant the tap root but keep the pod at surface level to ensure all seedlings come up. but that is just me :)

med-man

All 5 germinated within 12 hrs of being put in the paper towel.

After planting only 3 of the 5 sprouted above the soil.

Maybe they didn't like my soil, I don't think it was the seeds.

I've been growing from clone a lot this year, maybe I've gotten a bit rusty at seeds.

I just put 2 more down to germ.

I'll also recheck the other 2 for signs of life.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool. thats what i thought. didnt want to assume anything though so i asked.

one big thing i did notice about seeds. i notice a lot of the time my prized moms come from seeds that seem inferior to the rest of the pack. like late germ, pod suffocation, late risers to the soil line etc. i notice its the beasty plants, especially males that most of the time 2x the size of preselected "keepers". just a note. not tryna micromanage lol ;-)

med-man