What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here! ...Part II

Raho

Veteran
Did you read my reply to Gman? I recommended this shop in the first place. You're calling BS because a shop doesn't do a return after 30 days? NorCal is the same as anywhere else. There's no utopia of grow shops. If you don't have first person knowledge then this is BS.

I don't have experience with the shop Zeez, so I'll gladly butt out.
It's just that reading Gman's issue with the shop triggered memories of bad experiences I've had elsewhere. Call it empathy if you will.

I also forgot how in your post you described what a large place it is, so clearly my post didn't add any value to the conversation, something that is always a goal when I make the effort to write.

I'd still like to see pics of "the wife" and I bet that's one thing others will agree on ;-)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I don't have experience with the shop Zeez, so I'll gladly butt out.
It's just that reading Gman's issue with the shop triggered memories of bad experiences I've had elsewhere. Call it empathy if you will.

I also forgot how in your post you described what a large place it is, so clearly my post didn't add any value to the conversation, something that is always a goal when I make the effort to write.

I'd still like to see pics of "the wife" and I bet that's one thing others will agree on ;-)

Cool. Last thing I want is to be a keyboard warrior. Just trying to help people out. I got treated very well there and brought a buddy as a result. I guess sometimes shit happens. Its a fact that once in a while an employee might be a bit wasted. Maybe we should tell these places that we are a large group of customers and want the best treatment and best deal or we go elsewhere. Thanks for the post.

Last time I was there she had put on a few pounds but still looked good.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Damn, how come nobody pointed the wife out to me??

it was a huge store and had a couple of things I was looking for.
already been back to the shop in Fall River this week.

thanks for the trip Zeez!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Damn, how come nobody pointed the wife out to me??

it was a huge store and had a couple of things I was looking for.
already been back to the shop in Fall River this week.

thanks for the trip Zeez!

My pleasure. Glad you were able to find the stuff. Great weed Chunky.

Hey, those predatory mites are killing it.

Americangrower

Veteran
Cool. Last thing I want is to be a keyboard warrior. Just trying to help people out. I got treated very well there and brought a buddy as a result. I guess sometimes shit happens. Its a fact that once in a while an employee might be a bit wasted. Maybe we should tell these places that we are a large group of customers and want the best treatment and best deal or we go elsewhere. Thanks for the post.

Last time I was there she had put on a few pounds but still looked good.

Well I haven't gone to Warwick but I did go to fall river. I won't be going back. I don't shop at stores that don't put prices on products, I'm not there for them to name a price then act like they are giving you a discount. My money goes to HydroEarth descent marked prices and always a 10% discount. Anything they don't have Amazon does.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Well I haven't gone to Warwick but I did go to fall river. I won't be going back. I don't shop at stores that don't put prices on products, I'm not there for them to name a price then act like they are giving you a discount. My money goes to HydroEarth descent marked prices and always a 10% discount. Anything they don't have Amazon does.

Pisses me off too.

It's a game. I've checked out almost every shop from Hanover to the Cape, New Bedford, and over to Warwick. Every one of them had no posted prices. One of the Cape shops was consistently a minimum of 10 bucks per item over amazon and they put on the little show like they're giving a special deal. When that was pointed out to them, they got pissey about it. Put me over the top.

Here's the results calling three places for prices today. I called HydroEarth Providence not Swansea. Amazon prices are very smilar to Warwick.

picture.php

Last edited:

Americangrower

Veteran
Pisses me off too.

It's a game. I've checked out almost every shop from Hanover to the Cape, New Bedford, and over to Warwick. Every one of them had no posted prices. One of the Cape shops was consistently a minimum of 10 bucks per item over amazon and they put on the little show like they're giving a special deal. When that was pointed out to them, they got pissey about it. Put me over the top.

Here's the results calling three places for prices today. I called HydroEarth Providence not Swansea. Amazon prices are very smilar to Warwick.

View Image

Funny you should say Prov instead of Swansea. I just left Prov for the 1st time, they only price somethings and are more than Swansea. I went there for 20 1gal pots for my clones and they wanted $1 each when I buy them for 53 cents in Swansea..I got them for 50 cents after I said something..I will stick with Swansea.

gmanwho

Veteran
Did you read my reply to Gman? I recommended this shop in the first place. You're calling BS because a shop doesn't do a return after 30 days? NorCal is the same as anywhere else. There's no utopia of grow shops. If you don't have first person knowledge then this is BS.

ya must be bs.

an it was an exchange, not a return. then for the owner to try to pawn off a cheaper bulb as an exchange!!

seriously u dating this dude or getting some on the side? cause it seems like your plugging this shop more then " your experiences there". an because i dont respond within a day or 2 to your post, reply?? wtf u think i have nothing to do but sit around on ic all day?

been to the shop 6 or 7 times. more fuckery going then what shoulve happened in 20 visits

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Wow $30 for promix? Worth a trip just for that.

That's what I pay all the time at Agway for Pro-Mix. Whatever you do, if you see a good deal in a shop. Don't let them know how much cheaper it is there. I learned that that hard way with mosquito bits. They ran out, I asked about it. They ordered more and raised the price, lol.

Americangrower

Veteran
ya must be bs.

an it was an exchange, not a return. then for the owner to try to pawn off a cheaper bulb as an exchange!!

seriously u dating this dude or getting some on the side? cause it seems like your plugging this shop more then " your experiences there". an because i dont respond within a day or 2 to your post, reply?? wtf u think i have nothing to do but sit around on ic all day?

been to the shop 6 or 7 times. more fuckery going then what shoulve happened in 20 visits

Take the ride over to Swansea..Dan is a cool guy always willing to help I watched him spend 1/2 hr trying to fix a 2 year old ph pen for a couple of older customers instead of just trying to sell them a new 1..that said a lot to me. They aren't the biggest by far but I always go there 1st

Scrappy-doo

Agway that's one store I wish they had around here.

I used to be all about those mosquito bits till I moved, then I got a fungus gnat infestation and it just wasnt working. Thought maybe mine was just old so I got some dunks and still those little bastards didn't even slow down. I could see gnats coming and going from the holes in the bottom of my pots and figured that must be why but who knows. Then I found this stuff called microbe-lift which is a super concentrated bti in liquid form. 6 drops treats 100 gal! Paid $20 for the bottle this stuff will last forever and it knocked the hell outta those gnats. I'll never go back, just add in a drop whenever I brew some tea. So easy, love it!

Americangrower

Veteran
Agway that's one store I wish they had around here.

I used to be all about those mosquito bits till I moved, then I got a fungus gnat infestation and it just wasnt working. Thought maybe mine was just old so I got some dunks and still those little bastards didn't even slow down. I could see gnats coming and going from the holes in the bottom of my pots and figured that must be why but who knows. Then I found this stuff called microbe-lift which is a super concentrated bti in liquid form. 6 drops treats 100 gal! Paid $20 for the bottle this stuff will last forever and it knocked the hell outta those gnats. I'll never go back, just add in a drop whenever I brew some tea. So easy, love it!

Fokking Gnats...I don't know what they put in soil nowadays but I have been fighting gnats big time..I use Gnatrol it wipes them out but every new bag of soil brings them back..I even misted the new siol with gnatrol but it drops ph down into 4's...ugh lil fokkers

Scrappy-doo

Yeah comes withe territory I suppose. That's why I like this stuff because I can treat for them with every watering.

Still better to deal with than spiter mites. I just got a bunch of new cuts and whattya know, spotted mites on them. Thank god for quarantine eh.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

Thanks for the insult.

I can tell you're still spooled because I told you stores don't do returns / exchanges way after 30 days when you were bitching about Warwick. Honestly I don't give a fuck. A buddy asked for recommends. I gave him two and took him to the stores and you've been humming away ever since. Fuck off.

Last edited:

gmanwho

Veteran
Thanks for the insult.

I can tell you're still spooled because I told you stores don't do returns / exchanges way after 30 days when you were bitching about Warwick. Honestly I don't give a fuck. A buddy asked for recommends. I gave him two and took him to the stores and you've been humming away ever since. Fuck off.

ya buddy.. you got it all figured out.

gmanwho

Veteran
Take the ride over to Swansea..Dan is a cool guy always willing to help I watched him spend 1/2 hr trying to fix a 2 year old ph pen for a couple of older customers instead of just trying to sell them a new 1..that said a lot to me. They aren't the biggest by far but I always go there 1st

an thats the way it should be. helping someone out. cause myself as a business owner know's that the older couple appreciates it an they will come back.

these other guys take the money an then dont stand behind the products they just profited off. thats not the way you run a business. they're cash an burn. i didnt even get into the 20 day old hanna meter i bought there for my patient that they insisted that he broke the ph probe bulb.fucking thing straight up feel apart. meter was super clean, no damage other then the glass bulb separated off the probe, the orginal box ,an the receipt. " we cant exchange that because it appears u may have dropped it"

fuck ive been to stores that take things back that ARE NOT UNDER WARRANTY. just because they sell that product. an i dump more money while im there..

all it takes for them is to email the rep an tell them, an theres a replacement for the store on the next order.
simple.

wtf. no one told me the circus was in town

Americangrower

Veteran
I agree..It's just good business practice to do whatever you can for your customers. I know I appreciate a owner or worker who does what he or she can do. I have been to quite a few shops and I do like the size of the fall river store but the workers were not very friendly and the name a price thing urks me. That said out of all the stores I've been to my fav are hydroearth swansea and harvest moon foxborough ..well also the other HM when Retro was working.

gmanwho

Veteran
over the last few days, while the rest of us werent calling around an making pricing spreadsheets, i was able to snap some photos of the most recent corey an glue run. great run! still plenty of room for improvement.

glue on the left, corey on the right

picture.php

corey

picture.php

picture.php

glue

picture.php