What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass/RI/Con Growers here! ...Part II

Americangrower

Veteran

Stardog

Atta boy Melty!:) I'm truly jealous of you guys with outdoor plants. I'm living vicariously off one big sour grape at my friends place. I did set it up and used 200+ gal of coco on a drip line, just hoping the odd tropical storm doesn't do her in.So far so good though. I had one LIOS hybrid I stuck outside hoping my old lady wouldn't see it and one day I went over to check it and it had been pulled from the pot and run over with the lawnmower...You can't win 'em all I reckon.:)

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Got all the 7's t/p'ed into 15's ~ They were the most rootbound plants Ive ever experienced.
Had huge poodle tail roots sticking outa the drainage holes trying to root into the native ground. They are happy as hell now that they have some breathing room and fresh nutrients. They will green up nicely in a few days.
I also tied back the Glue on the left, cuz it had a nice lean to the left.
The branches will bend back towards the sun in a day or 2.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I really wish that my new partner told me the huge pinetree that I put the Glues partially under, for cover from choppers, drips a shit ton of sap everywhere. Now we have to move these monsters to the other side of the lawn tomorrow evening and thats gonna suck!
If they break Im taking her share to cover my share for not telling me in the beginning that this tree drips sap and heavy pinecones fall from it. Got like 200 huge, green, super heavy, pinecone bundles just hanging over these 2x plants ready to bomb the shit outa them soon. Wish us luck! Would be a shame to loose these now.

Raho

Veteran
I had one LIOS hybrid I stuck outside hoping my old lady wouldn't see it and one day I went over to check it and it had been pulled from the pot and run over with the lawnmower...You can't win 'em all I reckon.:)

Damn, that made me laugh out loud :)
Picturing the wife bitching and grumbling when she saw it, ripping it from the ground (probably stomping on it) then firing up the mower just to make sure it's dead . . .
Holy FU¢% !

Feels like a roadrunner cartoon :)

And YOU, gettin sneaky and thinkin there's a chance in hell she wouldn't find it heh, heh, heh :)

These women we marry . . . they don't like weed :-(

They'd rather we work in a factory all day, come home and pass out in front of the TV until one day we just shrivel up and die in a recliner. *sigh*

OK, that feels better.
A little transference there. I'll be OK.
:peacock:

Raho

Veteran
I really wish that my new partner told me the huge pinetree that I put the Glues partially under, for cover from choppers, drips a shit ton of sap everywhere. Now we have to move these monsters to the other side of the lawn tomorrow evening and thats gonna suck!
If they break Im taking her share to cover my share for not telling me in the beginning that this tree drips sap and heavy pinecones fall from it. Got like 200 huge, green, super heavy, pinecone bundles just hanging over these 2x plants ready to bomb the shit outa them soon. Wish us luck! Would be a shame to loose these now.

They look GREAT overgrow!
Maybe you could build a PVC Hoop-house like they do out west and just cover the top for now?
When the real weather comes later, you can pull new plastic and cover all the way, protecting the late harvest season where shit so often goes bad.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
over the last few days, while the rest of us werent calling around an making pricing spreadsheets, i was able to snap some photos of the most recent corey an glue run.

You go on and on. Let it go. Ok, you didn't like the store. I get it.

Reminds me of the two ex-wives. On and on and on.....

Your user name, Gmanwho, Whats the "G" stand for? Girly? GirlyManWho Beechalot?

gmanwho

Veteran
You go on and on. Let it go. Ok, you didn't like the store. I get it.

Reminds me of the two ex-wives. On and on and on.....

whoa, stop the press. you where able to trick not one, but 2 women into marrying you???

Thats impressive!!

an this whole time i thought you might have been just old enough to be heading back to school. maybe elementary into jr high or something. but 2 wives... wow. ic never ceases to amaze me. carry on....

gmanwho

Veteran
an not only a spreadsheet master, he's magician for getting 2 people to commit. who would've known , a magician right before us here in our little ic thread.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
whoa, stop the press. you where able to trick not one, but 2 women into marrying you???

Thats impressive!!

an this whole time i thought you might have been just old enough to be heading back to school. maybe elementary into jr high or something. but 2 wives... wow. ic never ceases to amaze me. carry on....

I know, that zinger could have come right out Wayne's World. 8)

Actually, Third time was the charm. 25 years a few weeks ago. I really got lucky. Go ahead, take a freebie and we'll call it a day.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

There were a couple variations that went way lower, but it wasn't worth getting kicked out over. I had to clean it up.

an not only a spreadsheet master, he's magician for getting 2 people to commit. who would've known , a magician right before us here in our little ic thread.

There ya go. There's the spreadsheet with cost per gallon to the penny. That's over $1,000 nutes on the shelf. I do check prices.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
when using phone all you have to do is open pic with whatever editor your phone uses..crop just a tad off and then it will upload correct. It has to do with the format that phones use.

American grower, thanks for solving that ancient old riddle for me that's been driving me fucking nuts for at least a year now. I'm admittedly so dumb I went out and bought a laptop just so I didn't have to deal with it.

Here is the stardawg/glue rdwc run at 48 days taken from my phone posted on my phone......finally. :tiphat:

picture.php

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Whoa whoa whoa you ease up, stardog. That's over $1000 in nutes on that shelf :). In all honesty I take pride In spending the least amount on my grow room, so many bullshit overhyped and priced products and additives. I swear most of these additives nowadays are for the growers not the plants.

Americangrower

Veteran
$1000. Not in my room. Let's see (no spreadsheet)
Biobizz
5L bloom $62
5L grow $62
1L Topmax $21
1L Alaskan fish $6
1L hygrozyme $30
1L sweet $18
1L cal/mag $16

So that's what $200 and that's 2 grows worth.
KISS

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...i use Jack's Pro so it only costs me about $20.00 per year to run my perpetual.

...cheap, simple and very effective.

coco hempys, KISS style ftw.

peace, bozo

picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
$1000. Not in my room. Let's see (no spreadsheet)
Biobizz
5L bloom $62
5L grow $62
1L Topmax $21
1L Alaskan fish $6
1L hygrozyme $30
1L sweet $18
1L cal/mag $16

So that's what $200 and that's 2 grows worth.
KISS

Those are all gallon jugs. I paid less than you did (i.e. $10.34 / L for cal-mag, $12.89L for sweet). Prices are on the spreadsheet 8).

I not hung up on Botanicare. If there's a better way, I'm listening.

Last edited:

Junk

I swear most of these additives nowadays are for the growers not the plants.

Many are. It's a marketing technique used in almost every consumer business in existence. A products value is in the feeling it brings the user...not actual performance. E.g. Hybrid car's net "green" effect on the earth is worse than a gasoline engine, because of the toxicity of the batteries, producing, maintaining, recycling etc...and all the collective co2 that was burned to produce them. Which is comprised not only of the factory making them, but the factories making the chemicals in them, the parts in them, the c02 burned by the people driving to the factories etc. But people buy them, and feel good about their contribution. I'm not judging, buy whatever ya want. it's just an example of how people are sold on the feeling. In the end, the product isn't actually doing what it claims to (i.e, the Prius is not "green").

People want to feel good about how they do things. Products are simply the machine that turns your cash, into the desired feeling.