What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here! ...Part II

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
anybody know the best/biggest grow shops in RI/MA? I need a few things and want to check out some different shops.

There's a really good one in Fall River
Mass Hydro
Address: 365 Kilburn St, Fall River, MA 02724
Phone: (508) 617-8394

and a great one in Warwick RI.
East Coast Hydroponic Warehouse, Inc.
Address: 380 Jefferson Blvd Ste D, Warwick, RI 02886
Phone: (855) 394-9376

The one in Fall River used to be called East Coast also. They must have changed it recently. They're pretty big and have good prices. The place in Warwick is huge like a Home Depot with some of the best prices anywhere. Both stores have great service and great people.

Junk

There's a really good one in Fall River
Mass Hydro
Address: 365 Kilburn St, Fall River, MA 02724
Phone: (508) 617-8394
An acquaintance of mine goes there and loves it. He won't go anywhere else. He loves the vibe.

I'm not affiliated with either place. They're not even the shops I visit. I live on the North side of the state.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Worms way is closed, good thing because they sucked ass

Yup, I know of three that fall into that category. Expensive, Useless, Bad Attitude, Seeya. Check out the one in Warwick.

Not affiliated with any grow shop.

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
New England is great too. Kinda outa the way for me so I go to Aquarius.
I used to go to NEH for years until they opened the store close to me.

Scrappy-doo

NEH right around the corner from me. Love those guys! Friendly and helpful, happy to give advice or just shoot the shit.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Stardawg ix #3 really enjoy how this one grows. day 45

picture.php

corey
picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
and a great one in Warwick RI.
East Coast Hydroponic Warehouse, Inc.
Address: 380 Jefferson Blvd Ste D, Warwick, RI 02886
Phone: (855) 394-9376

The place in Warwick is huge like a Home Depot with some of the best prices anywhere. Both stores have great service and great people.

you know what they say, opinions are like as assholes. everyone's got um. but I tend to disagree with you on east coast in warwick.

i've spent thousands if not 10 thousand in this store. DID, wont again. the 2 guys in there are pretty lazy. had problems with them not putting serial numbers in computers to reflect on receipt, then when i come back for warranty issues i get the run around, twice.

i've spent $150 on a hortilux blue 600w that stopped working after 40 days. kept shutting off in my newer lumatek. i walked in there WITH receipt an they would not replace it. the light worked in their ballast for a few minutes, but yet it would keep shutting off in mine. He tried giving me some other no name light for replacement that was like $60 cheaper then the price i paid. i walked out.... an that was the OWNER!!!!

every time i get a different "discount".

another time i got double charged for multiple items because they scanned them twice.

one of the few stores i go into an feel like im prey.

only thing they got going is the owners wife is easy on the eyes.

so to others reading , b weary of that place. fuck them!!!!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Well then Scrappy, you must have some good outdoor spots over there. Theres some primo land that looks awesome for growing. Everytime I drove to that store, It had me looking in the fields and day-dreamin about big guerilla plants outside.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I like shopping at your surplus store, gman. You even check in after purchase to make sure it's working properly. Now that's customer service :)

Scrappy-doo

Yeah I was looking at some spots out here, but being a newcomer I decided to not test my luck. Ended up just putting a few in my back yard, and couldn't resist throwing some in the swamp where I used to live. Set and forget over there although harvesting and transport to dry it is gonna be tricky. It's 2 hrs away.

From what I remember the last couple seasons reading journals it seems a bit wetter this far north come harvest season so I went with blueberries here and chem and diesel at the swamp. Went all the way to Holloween last year without a hitch down there.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
you know what they say, opinions are like as assholes. everyone's got um. but I tend to disagree with you on east coast in warwick.

i've spent thousands if not 10 thousand in this store. DID, wont again. the 2 guys in there are pretty lazy. had problems with them not putting serial numbers in computers to reflect on receipt, then when i come back for warranty issues i get the run around, twice.

i've spent $150 on a hortilux blue 600w that stopped working after 40 days. kept shutting off in my newer lumatek. i walked in there WITH receipt an they would not replace it. the light worked in their ballast for a few minutes, but yet it would keep shutting off in mine. He tried giving me some other no name light for replacement that was like $60 cheaper then the price i paid. i walked out.... an that was the OWNER!!!!

every time i get a different "discount".

another time i got double charged for multiple items because they scanned them twice.

one of the few stores i go into an feel like im prey.

only thing they got going is the owners wife is easy on the eyes.

so to others reading , b weary of that place. fuck them!!!!

Two hours and two phone calls, they replaced two faulty Phantom lights for me. I wanted new everything because the flickering could have damaged bulbs that require a 15 minute cool down. Not my problem. They took care of it for me. I've spent more than a couple Gs in there too.

Discounts vary at allot of stores depending on how much you buy. That's normal. Nobody pays MSRP. Prices do drop on allot of stuff too. Got a great price on lights and two months later it wasn't a great price anymore. I have seen people working in this store, and other stores too, seriously stoned. Goes with the territory. If you don't notice that and keep an eye out - Shame on you.

After 40 days you're dealing with the manufacturer on most any product and most any store. Sorry to hear about the problem. I was in there last week with Chunky and we saw six Gavita lights that they took back for someone. We got good service from people who knew what they were talking about.

She's the wife??

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
GG#4 ~
picture.php

Outdoor Grapefruit ~
picture.php

2x GG#4's ~
picture.php

Misc strains ~ (Getting t/p'ed from 7's to 15's today. Rootbound and hungry)
picture.php

Outdoor Grapefruit #2 ~(shes hungry)

picture.php

Raho

Veteran
The stories you guys are telling about grow shops in Mass sound like what people experience in states where it's still illegal.

Been in some shops out in Norcal and they are run like a serious (big) business. None of the BS you describe.

Maybe thats good news for the local growers in MA as it means not enough people grow their own to bring in serious competition.

On the other hand, I HATE dealing with shit like what Gman described. Inflated prices with no consistent discount model, and no support after the sale . . .
people buy local BECAUSE they expect support after the sale.

Maybe somebody needs to do it right and put them out of business?
Sell pickaxes to the miners instead of digging for gold, right?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The stories you guys are telling about grow shops in Mass sound like what people experience in states where it's still illegal.

Been in some shops out in Norcal and they are run like a serious (big) business. None of the BS you describe.

Maybe thats good news for the local growers in MA as it means not enough people grow their own to bring in serious competition.

On the other hand, I HATE dealing with shit like what Gman described. Inflated prices with no consistent discount model, and no support after the sale . . .
people buy local BECAUSE they expect support after the sale.

Maybe somebody needs to do it right and put them out of business?
Sell pickaxes to the miners instead of digging for gold, right?

Did you read my reply to Gman? I recommended this shop in the first place. You're calling BS because a shop doesn't do a return after 30 days? NorCal is the same as anywhere else. There's no utopia of grow shops. If you don't have first person knowledge then this is BS.