What's new

Malawi feminized

Texicwaste666

Day 24 bud cycle

Day 24 bud cycle

Malawi ( pic is not Chem )
Chemdawg.jpg

these are about a week into flower, I count from when I see pistols, and I count the first three weeks after I switch my lights the transition cycle

thick stems on the Chemdawgs
Chem.jpg

looking good so far, yellow light kinda sucks
bloomin' Chemdawg.jpg

Last edited:

ULMW

Looking healthy and coming along nicely. My Malawi is still in veg for another few weeks while I make space in the flowering tent. Thinking to top her a secondtime and take clones.
Love the Malawi vigor and power , happy growing and keep posting the pictures!

Texicwaste666

Some Malawi pics, week 4, 11/13 cycle

Some Malawi pics, week 4, 11/13 cycle

Here's some Malawi pics. I've never grown these before so I don't know if they are right or not. They seem happy. The Chem is looking good as well. These are about a week into flower cycle, after three weeks of transition cycle.

Malawi and Chem.jpg

Malawi week 4 bud cycle.jpg

Malawi buds.jpg

Malawi.jpg

Malawi week 4 light cycle. .jpg

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

Looking healthy and coming along nicely. My Malawi is still in veg for another few weeks while I make space in the flowering tent. Thinking to top her a secondtime and take clones.
Love the Malawi vigor and power , happy growing and keep posting the pictures!
Man I am in unknown territory, I am just learning as I go. They like ppm at around 800/850 and the Chem is going normal like. They are praying to the sun, so they are telling me something.thanks for dropping in, any advice or criticism is welcome from everybody.

Texicwaste666

Malawi question?

Malawi question?

this is for anyone out there who has grown Malawi. After week 4 ( or during) should I up the nutes or not? I took them up to 900 ppm ( Botanicare goes by the 700 scale for ec) with CNS17 bloom and no problems so far, but I have read that Malawi likes low nutes. I don't want to have any problems I am not prepared for so any help and advice is appreciated. I'm running CNS17 bloom, cal mag and compost tea, with a dose of Sensizyme and silica about every three feedings.

Borderliner

thanks Borderliner for dropping in. .7-.8 is what you ran all through flower? how were the buds? what happened with the time you ran 1.0?

yes during flower as well. specific plants are either heavy feeders or not in veg and flower. Buds ok and had an abundant harvest just over 1# from 5 plants.

Actually when went to 1.0 not much happened and those times was an exception. Wanted to stick to around 0.7 as that is what Dubi recommended on web site.

Texicwaste666

looking back out of the 5 plants 2 were malawi others zamaldelica of the 2 malawi 179g dry wt.
do you think 1.0 even is detrimental to their bud growth? Also, could you look at my latest Malawi pics and tell me if everything looks right to you at this stage, or should the buds be more developed? These go so long I am wondering if the buds take their time developing and when did you pull?

Borderliner

do you think 1.0 even is detrimental to their bud growth? Also, could you look at my latest Malawi pics and tell me if everything looks right to you at this stage, or should the buds be more developed? These go so long I am wondering if the buds take their time developing and when did you pull?

Tex at 1.0 didn't get any tips burnt but one plant had a bit of leaf curl. Since mine only got 1.0 a few times maybe 3 over course of the grow couldn't say if detrimental so I go with breeders recommendations.

Buds look good to me at 24 days flower. The internodal length looks long to me but mine where under LEDS and excessive UVB which causes dwarfism. So your internodal length may be right on.

Did not notice any columnar malawi which is the old killer malawi pheno. Yours look mostly multi-tops of the new killer malawi pheno.

Buds take their time developing wish could remember when I noticed bud swell. I pulled late intentionally waiting for more amber. But even then there were some whitish pistils.

My notes have 10-13 wks covering the early pheno. I took mine to just over 100 days. Hope that helps.:tiphat:

Texicwaste666

Tex at 1.0 didn't get any tips burnt but one plant had a bit of leaf curl. Since mine only got 1.0 a few times maybe 3 over course of the grow couldn't say if detrimental so I go with breeders recommendations.

Buds look good to me at 24 days flower. The internodal length looks long to me but mine where under LEDS and excessive UVB which causes dwarfism. So your internodal length may be right on.

Did not notice any columnar malawi which is the old killer malawi pheno. Yours look mostly multi-tops of the new killer malawi pheno.

Buds take their time developing wish could remember when I noticed bud swell. I pulled late intentionally waiting for more amber. But even then there were some whitish pistils.

My notes have 10-13 wks covering the early pheno. I took mine to just over 100 days. Hope that helps.:tiphat:
I've seen a few curled big leaves but no small ones, and a couple of tips were light. I will certainly go back to .7-8. thanks for the tip. The internodal length kooks long to me as well, but the stretch is endless it seems. They are only 18" from lights, and they are getting close to 22000 lumens with my three lights ( 12,000 from my 1200 w HPS and 4200 from each of my multi band CMH) and I thought that would control them, wrong.. And, the room is always below 80F and drops to 65F lights out. the stems seem very thin compared to the Chemdawg, but that is Indica dominant. Every time I run sativas I get a lot of stretch while indica stays low. I also noticed it has many branches only after one FIM. How did you notice the difference between the old pheno and the new? Because they have spread out so much I can't tell. Next time I am going to manifold them.

Borderliner

I've seen a few curled big leaves but no small ones, and a couple of tips were light. I will certainly go back to .7-8. thanks for the tip. The internodal length kooks long to me as well, but the stretch is endless it seems. They are only 18" from lights, and they are getting close to 22000 lumens with my three lights ( 12,000 from my 1200 w HPS and 4200 from each of my multi band CMH) and I thought that would control them, wrong.. And, the room is always below 80F and drops to 65F lights out. the stems seem very thin compared to the Chemdawg, but that is Indica dominant. Every time I run sativas I get a lot of stretch while indica stays low. I also noticed it has many branches only after one FIM. How did you notice the difference between the old pheno and the new? Because they have spread out so much I can't tell. Next time I am going to manifold them.

Well I know what the old and new look like as I had both on my run and dubi told me so. One is multi-top other columnar.

Sounds like your squared away on your grow good luck:tiphat:

Texicwaste666

Well I know what the old and new look like as I had both on my run and dubi told me so. One is multi-top other columnar.

Sounds like your squared away on your grow good luck:tiphat:
Again thanks for the helping hand. I wonder if you can get the old killer any more? I still have 6 beans left, all feminized. Probably these buds will be way smaller than the columnar pheno as there are so many branches and the stems are thin. I am sure though that I will enjoy the results if everything keeps going good. This is my first malawi grow so I have to learn.

Borderliner

Again thanks for the helping hand. I wonder if you can get the old killer any more? I still have 6 beans left, all feminized. Probably these buds will be way smaller than the columnar pheno as there are so many branches and the stems are thin. I am sure though that I will enjoy the results if everything keeps going good. This is my first malawi grow so I have to learn.

Tex, actually experienced the other way around. Columnar pheno was smallerat 52g dry wt vs 127g.

I got the old killer from a pkg of fem seeds. Good hunting.:tiphat:

Texicwaste666

Tex, actually experienced the other way around. Columnar pheno was smallerat 52g dry wt vs 127g.

I got the old killer from a pkg of fem seeds. Good hunting.:tiphat:
Great, that means I will have some good weed. Lots of buds and really starting to go now. I will see how the reduced nutes either helps or not, but I went from 1.3 down to .9. My ec will be at .8 at 560ppm. I am at 620ppm down from 940. Botanicare goes on the 700 scale for ec 1.0. so, upon advice I will stay between 550 and 650. Thanks for the help always.

oldbootz

Veteran
Cool grow and nice scrog skills on the malawi. An interesting thing I read in a hemp science paper was that reduction in nitrogen for a field of hemp resulted in a higher THC content at harvest. The hemp farmers wanted the opposite so they add lots of nitrogen.

Texicwaste666

Cool grow and nice scrog skills on the malawi. An interesting thing I read in a hemp science paper was that reduction in nitrogen for a field of hemp resulted in a higher THC content at harvest. The hemp farmers wanted the opposite so they add lots of nitrogen.
Thanks for dropping by oldbootz. I appreciate the comments, and support. Any and all comments, help, and advice is greatly appreciated.