What's new

Malawi feminized

Texicwaste666

Is that supposed to work as sort of a slap and tickle to get the concha aroused or jolt her out of the dreaming nirvana and get her down to business...producing resin that is... :biggrin:

:tiphat:Orfeas
I don't know why, but it fattens up the buds. You have to keep doing it all the time tho once you start. I don't mind the extra work cause I like to play with my plants. I'll post some pics later, the buds are really popping and I'm doing some tie downs and tie ups to get these fuckers in the right positions. I thought GG4 was the stretchiest I've done, but these are remarkable. The Chemdawg is perfectly under control and fat as all get out, but the Malawi are shooting up like crazy. I have been chopping out the stringy shit and things are looking nice. I upped the nutes to 1.8 EC to really get em going.

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

Malawi week 4 Update new pics

Malawi week 4 Update new pics

So it is week 4 now, and I am putting the Malawi in their place. Lots of bud sites. The Chem is fat and going normally. Here are some pics. This is the first week of flower after three weeks of transition cycle.

chemdawg buds week 4.jpg

going to be a lot of buds.jpg

malawi buds week 43.jpg
:moon:

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

better pics

better pics

These were taken hours after the last ones and they have grown more. I have been doing some creative bending and tying down to get them in the right shape so everything is as even as I can keep it. Again week 1 of flower cycle.

day 1, week 4.jpg

buds.jpg

getting everything even.jpg
:woohoo:

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Welcome to the image addicts club, my friend;) They're beauties and there's a lot of material there for inspiration. Very nice set up and plant control.

Texicwaste666

Welcome to the image addicts club, my friend;) They're beauties and there's a lot of material there for inspiration. Very nice set up and plant control.
yea I know, but most people grow malawi straight up, and there are only a few reports all the way through with a scrog. So I figure the more pics the merrier to show development and maybe answer some visual questions for others like me that have never grown this strain. I hope to show how much height these will gain over a 12" over the pot scrog and some ways to hopefully get control and keep them from growing into the lights. I keep the lights under 2' for max intensity, so keeping the plants low is the challenge. All this sounds good on paper, but in a month I may be pulling my hair out.

Last edited:

ULMW

Nice scrog works! In Africa to keep visability down many plants just get trampled on by foot and then they pop back up and make it to harvest unseen. I have topped my Malawi fem and will again, taking clones at the same time probably in 2 weeks time. Love how the plant is growing full of vigor and power ! Deep roots too! Nice to view your pics as they give fellow farmers encouragement and precious visual information. Thanks for sharing.
Happy growing!

Texicwaste666

Nice scrog works! In Africa to keep visibility down many plants just get trampled on by foot and then they pop back up and make it to harvest unseen. I have topped my Malawi fem and will again, taking clones at the same time probably in 2 weeks time. Love how the plant is growing full of vigor and power ! Deep roots too! Nice to view your pics as they give fellow farmers encouragement and precious visual information. Thanks for sharing.
Happy growing!
Thanks for dropping in. There really isn't enough step by step development pics to give growers an idea of how long these things stretch, fatten, and finish on a daily scale in a grow room rather than a tent. That is the reason for all of the boring pics, and there will be a lot more over the next 9-10 weeks till finish. The Chem will finish in about 5 weeks and will be pulled. I will keep a watchful eye on it as well and cover a Chemdawg at the same time.

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

My Magic Wand

My Magic Wand

One reason I am able to maintain everything for the two strains I'm running here is my 3' feeder wand I made from 1/2" pvc. I used 1/2" pvc, an elbow, and 1/2" hose and fed that to my pump. With a small on off switch that the pump is plugged into, I can pump my nutes to the grow bags and handle the amounts and extras the individual plants need by mixing everything in one gallon water jugs, and adding the mix to a 5g bucket with the pump in it. I mix for 4g of nute mix in the jug and just add to the bucket of water until I hit the EC I want, feed, and make up some more for what ever the other plants want. It's really easy, but you have to stay on the cal mag and watch the PH. With the wand I can get under the scrog and water the plants easy like. And flushing is a cinch. With my coco mix, I get a big run off, and drain to waste. The CNS17 is cheap so my grow costs about 100/120 bucks for both cycles. I'll post some pics later to show how I made my auto wand if anyone is interested.

Texicwaste666

Easy feeder

Easy feeder

my easy feeder,I have the pump plugged into a small power strip with a switch I can hold in my other hand and use to turn the feeder on and off with. This system flushes better than any I have used so far. No recirculating waste and everything is fresh every feed. Plant waste goes down the drain, not back in a res. To filter the water, i just run a couple of Walmart rv filters with a garden hose from the tap (35 bucks), my water is about 170 ppm before the filters, so I get the chlorine out. The rest the plants eat, I just take the water ppm and add it in with the EC I'm looking for and add pre mixed nutes. Our water is Great Lakes water via Detroit river.
one half inch pvc, elbow, hose.jpg
clip on water hose to fill bucket.jpg
pump, and hose.jpg
:biggrin:

" don't say nothin' or everybody'll want some..."

Last edited:
I use a pesticide sprayer from home depot, newly bought and thoroughly washed before use, of course. 2 gallon capacity and a 2 foot wand. I don't have a large garden, though.

orfeas

Veteran
Inventive minds have brought us here ad now...it doesn't have to be T.Edison and the like... Mary Anderson was just as important...:biggrin:

:tiphat:Orfeas

Texicwaste666

Plants looking gr8 man the wand is he'll of an idea might try that out diy 4 sure keep it up
I'm sure there is someone out there thinking they can make these and sell them, but it is so easy to make and cheap, that to buy one would be a waste in my opin. Especially when you can cut the pvc to any size you want for the size of your sys. I will show some pics of how I built my system if anyone is interested. I used to dread flushing, now it is just a matter of the time it takes to wash them. My system does all the drain and return to a 5 gallon bucket that I drilled for 3/4 hoses, and made it expandable to 6 tubs that hold 2-3 plants in each as long as you don't go over 3 gallon smarties, and they are supported on stands so the drain will flow to the bucket by centrifugal force. I set the smarties on 12" plant risers inside the tubs that set them about an inch above the water runoff, and I angle the tubs at 35 degrees. Fucking rules. All you need is a couple of cheap shelves kits from Loews to make the stands, a couple of 3 1/2' tubs ( 15 bucks each), a drill with a 1" hole cutter, some 3/4 grommets, fittings, 3/4" hose measured for enough room to set the bucket to the side somewhere, the plant risers you get at the hydro store for 1.98, and it does all the work for you. And whether you build a scrog for it or not, it kicks asses till both shoes get shitty. It's a fun manual system, but can be automated and stay DTW.

Texicwaste666

2nd net?

2nd net?

I may throw another scrog net over the plants to keep them down. If I think I can control them without it I will, but these appear to be the stretchy pheno so in the next day or two I will decide.
:comfort:

Latest posts

Latest posts