What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
What are you finding out regarding it's use GS?

So hard to say, when youre "doin it all" possibly have to stop using it on the plants to see what would take place. I know I hate the taste but when I quit drinking it, I get sensitive to foods again, maybe same thing lol it did

George, how the hell are YOU? Haven't seen you posting lately!

GC, I have not experienced a true Sativa Third Eye. I've missed out

Been great man, just tending to the garden, had some health troubles a while back and hospital/surgery and am finally getting back to my old speed/energy,

How've you been?

gs

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
I use this brand of soap on my plants because it reminds me of surfing....

picture.php

Seriously kidz...listen to CC on this subject. Serious benefits for use with indoor cannabis gardens.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Good song to listen to smoking a chillum of TO right now - today's trials and concerns all makes sense again!

You ever manage to get a completely different expression out of TO over the years? Different shaped bud growth, different flavor? Been meaning to ask

thanks
GS

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Well - letting it go for 12+ weeks definitely made for some interesting versions - LMAO

Mrs. CC is an stoner from the SOL and she can smoke most 'dudes' under the table. On one batch I ran for 14 weeks she took a couple of ounces and traded them for another strain from a close friend (another organic terrorist)

"WTF were you thinking? This shit is too strong to do anything - even reading!"

LMAO

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I use this brand of soap on my plants because it reminds me of surfing....

View Image

Seriously kidz...listen to CC on this subject. Serious benefits for use with indoor cannabis gardens.

With active oxygen..... was just reading a website about spraying, watering plants with oxy clean, sodium percabonate, turns to h2o2 or some additional yada yada I use the stuff to strip a deck before refinishing and clean my pots, organic I suppose.. The cleaner I was using turned out to have 2 butoxy ethanol in it.... soaking into my skin....

Y

YosemiteSam

Which brings up a point...is P harmful to microbes above some level? I guess it could be sprayed to some benefit in flower but I avoid high levels. Plus I occasionally get mushrooms growing in coco pots with chem nutes...always figured low P was a key

I remember getting Poison Oak as a kid...I don't recall it being fun

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Which brings up a point...is P harmful to microbes above some level? I guess it could be sprayed to some benefit in flower but I avoid high levels. Plus I occasionally get mushrooms growing in coco pots with chem nutes...always figured low P was a key
Yes - absolutely.

I can give you the links to a 10-year research at Oregon State University in conjunction with the ARS (Agriculture Research Station) assigned to the School of Horticulture. This research was primarily centered on the effect of Phosphorus, Phosphoric acid, etc. on mycorrhizae fungi as it relates to the commercial nursery industry.

This industry lives and dies by their f*cking Phosphoric acid - so the question came up on why the products from legitimate packers of these spores showed little, if any, benefit.

Then the study moved to other areas where Phosphorus (elemental form) was studied. as in thermal compost - even this straight-up elmental form was shown to have a (very) negative impact on the endo, ecto and ecroid strains.

Enlightening to say the least.

CC

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
THC - C21 H30 O2

Where's the Phosphorus?

Let's look at Chlorophyl in all forms......

Chlorophyll a - C55 H72 O5 N4 Mg - i.e. a single Magnesium ion
Chlorophyll b - C55 H70 O6 N4 Mg - single Magnesium ion
Chlorophyll c1 - C35 H30 O5 N4 Mg - single Magnesium ion
Chlorophyll c2 - C35 H28 O5 N4 Mg - single Magnesium ion
Chlorophyll d - C54 H70 O6 N4 Mg - single Magnesium ion
Chlorophyl f - C55 H70 O6 N4 Mg - single Magnesium ion

Can anyone explain the claim about 'Magnesium hungry' strains?

"I'm listening" - Dr. Frasier CC

Y

YosemiteSam

I never quite get if you are being sarcastic or not Coot.

But here comes my take. There is no such thing as one mj plant that is more of a Mg hog than another. They need it to form chlorophyll molecules but that is it.

Now...you can lock Mg out by oversupplying some other cation in the soil. Here is what I think most people who say that do...they oversupply the fuck out of K and lock out Mg. Then instead of backing up and doing it right they start chasing their tail...more Mg...what, that didn't fix it, more, maybe some CalMag

Now they got such a mess they can't fix it.

Well you know it takes a while to "dial that strain in".

Bullshit...you don't have a clue what you are doing.

Y

YosemiteSam

The oversupply of P from vegetable field run off is what really fucked up the Everglades...right? Without those microbes that swamp started to stink.

shmalphy

Veteran
If I had access to cuts like that, bet your ass that is what I would be puffing on... my mouth is watering looking at it... That cut is almost as old as I am...What does it smell/taste like? I thought Bubba Kush was delicious, if nothing else.

What seeds would you recommend for someone looking for a third eye/ goo goo momma experience if they don't have serious old school globetrotting connections?

Gascanastan

Veteran
Word just in to the Gascanastan newsroom....Microbeman banned!! That son of a bitch who's been educating people for free for years on end....

Gascanastan

Veteran
If I had access to cuts like that, bet your ass that is what I would be puffing on... my mouth is watering looking at it... That cut is almost as old as I am...What does it smell/taste like? I thought Bubba Kush was delicious, if nothing else.

What seeds would you recommend for someone looking for a third eye/ goo goo momma experience if they don't have serious old school globetrotting connections?

Tastes like SERIOUS old school Afghani crossed with SERIOUS old school Thai...smells unlike anything around..SERIOUSLY.

I'd recommend Mr Nice for the NL/Haze beans....or if you can get a hold of that first Kali Mist....seriously.
I hear things about Tom Hill's Haze...I've yet to sample any of that.....Just don't know anyone with it....and since I have the NL#5 x Neville's Haze ...five hands or so away from Neville himself....well...you know...why keep looking.

Seriously..

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
I never quite get if you are being sarcastic or not Coot.

But here comes my take. There is no such thing as one mj plant that is more of a Mg hog than another. They need it to form chlorophyll molecules but that is it

Usually both actually.....:dance013:

Now...you can lock Mg out by oversupplying some other cation in the soil. Here is what I think most people who say that do...they oversupply the fuck out of K and lock out Mg. Then instead of backing up and doing it right they start chasing their tail...more Mg...what, that didn't fix it, more, maybe some CalMag

Now they got such a mess they can't fix it.

Well you know it takes a while to "dial that strain in".

Bullshit...you don't have a clue what you are doing
You're correct on the K specifically but the damage/problems with excessive levels of Magnesium go far beyond that - like tightening the soil making aeration and water flow difficult, reducing the CeC index by as much as 40% - just for starters.......

CC

Y

YosemiteSam

and just to make it more fun your normal bottled nute will have about a 2:1 Ca:Mg ratio leading you directly down that path

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
shmalphy

I know absolutely nothing about strains offered by breeders. I bought seeds one time in 1988 from The Seed Bank Catalog (2nd page after the order form) - Haze x NL#5

We bought several packs and had them shipped to Mexico and then delivered to 'the OC' because I refused to have anything to do with seeds shipped to the USA from anywhere.

I know a couple of things about smuggling seeds inside of surfboards from the early 1970's before there was a DEA and surfers were considered pretty harmless - Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

When someone mentions a strain name to me I usually have to send an email to someone to find out what they're talking about. Case in point that I picked-up some medicine from another MMJ grower in Southwest Washington and he said it was 'Cantaloupe'

Is that a good strain and sought after? I have no idea. I think the grower did an outstanding job and we're going to legally exchange cuts - he gets TO and I get 'Cantaloupe' - it's all good.

Just for clarification - the name 'The One' has nothing to do with the quality. It came about at a 'come to Jesus meeting' with this group of associates I wanted out of my life once and for all - familiarity breeds contempt and all.

Nothing to do with the strain at all - an inside joke actually

CC

Y

YosemiteSam

You guys would shoot me if you saw my operation. This is my first baby step.

I sometimes break out the tin foil hat after too many bong rips of sativa though.

Hey SCHMALPHY

I second the MR NICE recommendation. Not only some of the best old school genetics but the best deal imo too. I am growing mr nice Black Widow (which is some seriously potent stuff) and the mango widow right now. Ace is another good one for sativas and landrace genetics. Cannabiogen has some nice strains too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts