What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi CC

I have the ful-humix and ful-power now, sprayed my plants with some ful power today.

On the ful humix package it says to use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon every watering, but would this be too much? after what you said I am thinking maybe I should only hit my plants a few times during their life with the ful-humix.

And do you ever water with the ful-power or is that strictly for foliar feeding?

rrog

Veteran
I'd be curious on this answer. Often a manufacturer's recommended application quantity / dose is actually at the top end of the efficacy spectrum. On the border of being bad / counterproductive. Same with laundry detergent, vitamins, etc.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
all natural | rrog

The recommended rates on their packaging is the correct dosage and on the Humic acid (powder) you'll want to start with the 1/4 tsp. and then perhaps after the plant is firmly established in the final container (i.e. more room for the roots) then you could consider going with the 1/2 tsp. rate

I've always used the 1/4 tsp. and then only every 10 days - if that.

HTH

CC

S

schwagg

i love TO beautyfull work for some old coot.
picture.php

shmalphy

Veteran
I remember when I first started growing, in the nineties, the NL5xHaze were the most expensive seeds available at like $270 for a 10 pack or something...

I will have to pick some up for sure. It will be like that muscle car I never got to drive in high school LOL

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
I remember when I first started growing, in the nineties, the NL5xHaze were the most expensive seeds available at like $270 for a 10 pack or something...

I will have to pick some up for sure. It will be like that muscle car I never got to drive in high school LOL
In 1988 it was $100.00 for 10 Haze x NL#5 seeds which just blew me away - I'd never heard of 'buying' a cannabis seed

"If only"

oldguy

TO isnt that your work there CC? If I remember correctly its for the one in the corner or something like that. Glad to see its still around and if that one of the original linage from ya man o man is that baby frosty! Cheers

S

SeaMaiden

Many growers comment that after many clones after clones, a strain sometimes develops flaws or deviations from the original. I once had a theory that this might be due to the clones never literally seeing the light of day (UV). People growing outside didn't seem to have this issue when I polled a group on another forum a few years ago.
I have a friend who's been growing for around three decades, and this is why he keeps everything in seed form and starts with new cuts every year. I believe a paper was recently published on this as well, discussed actual genetic drift.
When you guys use rice hulls do you use them in conjunction with other drainage amendments or by themselves? They would be a most excellent source of Si given the grower knew what he was doing...yes?
Now that I've found rice hulls I will not use perlite. I may use other things, but they all weigh quite a lot. I can almost wrangle a 6'cu bale all by myself (they're almost as big as I am).
YS

DTE has Crab Meal in 6 lb. boxes, 25 lb. bags and probably a 50# - check those prices.

Remember on the Crab Meal you're only going to want to use 4 oz. per 1 c.f. of mixed potting soil so you'll get 24 c.f. of amended soil from a single box! Factor that in on comparing pricing.

Send an email to Gaia Green (Canada) as they're the only company packing the glacial rock dust out of British Columbia (only mine on this specific product) - they can probably hook you up without having to order from Oregon.

If you can get granite - then use granite or better yet would to make your own mineral mix. If you'll let me know what you can source locally (or at least semi-locally) then I can help you put a viable mineral mix together.

More than happy to help if I can......

CC
Granite--tell me more, please? Being as how I'm in the Sierra Nevada, and granite pluton should have been her middle name, it seems I have more granite nearby than I would know what to do with. We have a few quarries nearby, but to the best of my knowledge they're putting out road base.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
A worldwide average of the chemical composition of granite, by weight percent:

SiO2 — 72.04% (silica)
Al2O3 — 14.42% (alumina)
K2O — 4.12%
Na2O — 3.69%
CaO — 1.82%
FeO — 1.68%
Fe2O3 — 1.22%
MgO — 0.71%
TiO2 — 0.30%
P2O5 — 0.12%
MnO — 0.05%

Based on 2485 analyses

shmalphy

Veteran
No such thing as "legally" trading cuts where I am from... Sour D and the ChemD line is like the equivalent to Kush 'round here... I do have access to PLENTY of granite... I will leave it at that LOL.

My dad was equally amazed at the price of cannabis seeds when I first started. He said by that estimation, he must have thrown out a million dollars worth at least LOL... When he saw a Northern Lights next to his old mexi landrace he nearly shit himself "that is some robocop shit" he said...

Seriously though coot, if you have not run out a Bubba Kush, give it a whirl. She is a terpene monster for sure, from an epicurean perspective, the taste alone makes it worth the 55 days she needs.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Seriously though coot, if you have not run out a Bubba Kush, give it a whirl. She is a terpene monster for sure, from an epicurean perspective, the taste alone makes it worth the 55 days she needs

It's been pointed out more than once by stoners that I'm probably not qualified to grow professional strains.

I'm okay with that.......

shmalphy

Veteran
I don't know TBH... I got it from a friend, I doubt he knows either LOL

All I can say is the calyxes were coned out, and the nugs were rock hard and putrid smelling while drying. It smells sort of like chicken stock or something savory, it almost makes you nauseous while trimming because the smell is so strong. I went outside at a pool hall for a quick burn, and upon returning every head in the place turned and stared in amazement at the smell. All of a sudden it made sense why I was not drinking alcohol LOL.

Speaking of Kush, where is JayKush?

shmalphy

Veteran
Getting back on track, I am about to transplant into my "recycled" soil today. I should have it in recycle bins. It would be like postmodern art.

I have a compost bucket that I was adding coffee grounds (N), peanut shells (P) and banana peels (K) with all of my cannabis scraps and some straw. I then added a bunch of fruit and vegetable matter from making bionutrients, so they had LAB and some molasses on them, so things started "cooking" (thanks subcool) I think this is now called either bokashi or designer compost at this point, it is thick and sludgy like fresh manure, but smells amazingly sweet and fresh. It got to a point where I was adding in all my kitchen scraps once the microbes were eating, there is a lot going on in there, but no worms, it's all thermal breakdown. I have 5 gallons, so I am going to use 4 save 1 as a "mother" and split that up into 12 three gallons so about 40oz each to topdress with. There is my nutrient schedule. Eat bananas and peanuts, drink coffee, smoke herb, save scraps. Easy enough right?

I am very excited about this run. The last run I did was my first without any bottled nutes at all and the smell was better than ever. This run should be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts