What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Yeah...what brand of water do you use....smart ass. I use 'Earth 2o' man....

Seriously though are you using fresh aloe or the bottled from Whole Foods etc....I'm missing a lot of your posts cause I'm bizzy and shat.?

I've thought about using citric acid as a preservative so my aloe concoctions don't spoil so fast...like they do in the bottled ones minus the sodium benzoate and that other funky preservative...potassium sorbate maybe?

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
GC

I bought a kilo of a freeze-dried Aloe vera powder out of Australia (200XX version). Human food-grade, certified organic by OTA (Organic Trade Association) and a kilo will make 55 gallons of pure, unadulterated Aloe vera extract. $250.00 out of Modesto, California

1 gram of this powder mixed with 199 grams of water = 200 grams Aloe vera extract

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
You mix in small amounts - LOL

I give it to my Lab and I also drink a glass every morning along with BioAg's human food-grade Fulvic acid - Wu Jin San

The dog gets the Fulvic acid as well - Hippie Dawg!

LOL

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Bring some serious amounts of Citric acid or Ascorbic acid - you've got about 20 minutes after mixing before the Benzoic acid and polysaccharides begin to ferment.

That's not a typo either - 20 minutes

Gascanastan

Veteran
I think it's important to mention that the quality of the medicine I produce using the methods listed in this thread gives me a human food grade product. This is as authentic as any organic hippie veggie garden food crop.

The quality of the amendments is not compromised,nothing shady,questionable,or second best in quality.

Very seriously ill human beings who have abandoned standard pharmie-meds because they just don't work as good as cannabis for the variety of symptoms and pains such as those from cancer patients,dying infants,terminal mammals of all sorts receive my medicine......and the feedback is powerful.

Keep it real people...it's hard to even think about adding anything questionable when a terminal human being depends on that standard of quality.

Gascanastan

Veteran
Bring some serious amounts of Citric acid or Ascorbic acid - you've got about 20 minutes after mixing before the Benzoic acid and polysaccharides begin to ferment.

So I'm ass-uming that the 2 or 3 way blend of preservatives is the trick in allowing it to sit on a shelf......

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
GC

I have purchased Aloe vera juice at New Seasons Market that is preserved with Citric acid and Ascorbic acid.

About $18.00 a gallon or something close. I'll go look at the label if you're interested.

CC

Y

YosemiteSam

That is no shit. I remade the aloe solution to spray between the one plant test and the spray em all...about 12 hours. It had become very acidic.

I cannot locate the Canadian Glacial rock, the crustacean meal or the basalt. But I have no problem buying some...even if it ends up just being for me headstash. Plus I got a spot where I can sit out about 500 gallons of soil next summer...would love to try this vs the big plant guys and see what happens. Maybe split it...a side by side this vs their methods.

I am assuming assemble it, then feed it with a tea and give it a couple of weeks before the first use...yes?

Also other than comfrey I can easily get stinging nettles...I am guessing a variety of different teas is better than one all of the time. Any rotation recommend?

btw...the one looks awesome. I have to admit I grow OGs cause people want em...but I grow Cannabiogen sativas for me. I hate, hate, hate being stoned...I love, love, love being really high.

Gascanastan

Veteran
ahhhh...yes New Season's has a brand I have used.....X-spendsive shit though...close to destroying a $20 dollar bill and leaving enough change for a gumball for your kid at the gumball machine. Honestly though I like the fresh leaves,but the powder shipped in bulk option,sounds great....ideal actually.

Why not use it as a soil amendment??...hhmmmm? 1 cup per cubic foot??

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Yosemite Sam

Can you get a product line called Down-To-Earth out of Eugene, Oregon by any chance? Some grow stores carry some of their products and that's why I'm asking.

I might be able to show you a way to save some money - or not! LOL

CC

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
ahhhh...yes New Season's has a brand I have used.....X-spendsive shit though...close to destroying a $20 dollar bill and leaving enough change for a gumball for your kid at the gumball machine. Honestly though I like the fresh leaves,but the powder shipped in bulk option,sounds great....ideal actually.

Why not use it as a soil amendment??...hhmmmm? 1 cup per cubic foot??

They have whole leaf preservative free at new seasons here, grabbed a new bottle the other day.

gs

Gascanastan

Veteran
I like this talk about the Third Eye

I enjoy the 3rd eye thing too much...it compromises my space in this realm. I just can't be a Sadhus standing around rolling my penis on a stick for years...or just rolling on the ground for years on end hoping that my devotion will be the key.

I've got kids and bills..I live in Babylon America and it blows pipe...so I try to find balance when I seek the 3rd eye sativa experience. I use the indica's for nitey-nite time medicine and pain relief when I need it.

Give me a week to smoke some crazy ass sativa non-stop and bring me food and wipe my butt of any and all responsibility...Jesus,buddy ol pal.. are you granting prayers ATM...?? Hello...Krishna....Santa...anyone??

rrog

Veteran
George, how the hell are YOU? Haven't seen you posting lately!

GC, I have not experienced a true Sativa Third Eye. I've missed out

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Also other than comfrey I can easily get stinging nettles...I am guessing a variety of different teas is better than one all of the time. Any rotation recommend?

Yosemite Sam

The main reason that I grow Comfrey (Bocking 14) is that I lack the physical strength to head out to the forested areas to grab Nettle or Horsetail Ferns - I rely on the generosity of others to help me out.

But if I were younger and stronger then I would go and grab Stinging Nettles and probably pass on the Comfrey - or maybe not.

If you want to grow your own Comfrey and harvest Stinging Nettles then go for it!

One thing to remember is that when we take this plant material and stick in a tank of water for several weeks, the Secondary Metabolites, phytohormones, et al. are gone - OVAH

So try this: take a couple of cups of chopped, diced, pureed - whatever of Dandelion, Stinging Nettles, Comfrey - whatever and add that to 5 gallons of water. Let that sit for no more than 3 days and apply to the soil as well as spraying the plant from top to bottom.

Adding Aloe vera and Silica is what you want to do for the specific benefits that they bring to the party.

It's been my experience over the past 2 months getting the raised beds dialed in that this 'quick brew' method bring FAR more benefits than a 'tea' that has only the Elements remaining.

Take the spent material and run that through your worm bin, compost pile, etc. Lots of value left - so it's not waste by any stretch of the imagination.

BTW - Stinging Nettles processed this way (quick brew) is a powerful pesticide and fungicide.

HTH

CC

EDIT: harvest the Nettle roots as well. Use a cheese grader and add that to water and again, let it sit for no more than 3 days. An entire different set of compounds (Secondary Metabolites) - well worth your time, IMHO

Can you get Poison Oak?

Status
Not open for further replies.