What's new

Let's talk VEG...for max yeilds

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Ok, I've seen people talking about DoubleD, or DD, or whatever his name is, in just about every thread I've come across for the past week. I have yet to see any links to where I can see some actual info... does it exist?

compost

The simplest formula is more roots=more yield. If everything else is the same a plant that is in a 5 gallon will way outproduce a plant in a 1-3 gallon. I put my plants into flowering 1 foot tall roughly they stretched and grew to what they are now(look at journal). I used to grow in 2 gallon containers where plants would get 3/4 gallon of water every 4 days watering 3 out of the 4 days. Now I am in 5 gallons and one of the plants uses 4 gallons every 4 days watering every other day. That plant is using over 5 times as much water.

Another factor in the bigger containers is with organics they have enough room to have soil that actually lives. My old soil runs long ago were chemical with very airy soil. Now my soil is less loose and actually seems more like a big ass sponge when its wet. Hydroponic stores sell tons of products that cost tons of money to give better returns on your crops. If you do the research you can add cheap soil amendments that do the same thing only its natural.

Alfalfa meal, humus, natural fertilizers teaming with beneficial bacteria and fungus. There are tons more people can add but it all goes back to your roots again. My link is my first soil grow in 5 or 6 years and I can't wait till the first round is done that I screwed up so much on to see how big of a root mass I have. My next run I will have fixed alot of the problems and can only plan on even better results.

mcattak

The simplest formula is more roots=more yield. If everything else is the same a plant that is in a 5 gallon will way outproduce a plant in a 1-3 gallon. I put my plants into flowering 1 foot tall roughly they stretched and grew to what they are now(look at journal). I used to grow in 2 gallon containers where plants would get 3/4 gallon of water every 4 days watering 3 out of the 4 days. Now I am in 5 gallons and one of the plants uses 4 gallons every 4 days watering every other day. That plant is using over 5 times as much water.

Another factor in the bigger containers is with organics they have enough room to have soil that actually lives. My old soil runs long ago were chemical with very airy soil. Now my soil is less loose and actually seems more like a big ass sponge when its wet. Hydroponic stores sell tons of products that cost tons of money to give better returns on your crops. If you do the research you can add cheap soil amendments that do the same thing only its natural.

Alfalfa meal, humus, natural fertilizers teaming with beneficial bacteria and fungus. There are tons more people can add but it all goes back to your roots again. My link is my first soil grow in 5 or 6 years and I can't wait till the first round is done that I screwed up so much on to see how big of a root mass I have. My next run I will have fixed alot of the problems and can only plan on even better results.

Still think almost any type dwc will get you better growth rates than a similar bucket with coco or soil....

mcattak

Ok, I've seen people talking about DoubleD, or DD, or whatever his name is, in just about every thread I've come across for the past week. I have yet to see any links to where I can see some actual info... does it exist?

According to everyone else its a myth...Bunch of haters over here talking politics of who invented, said or did whatever...I could care less...This system took a lot to set up (time and $) now that it is setup it runs like clockwork check the rez every 2 days..My plant numbers are lower than they have ever been which helps me sleep better at night...

Not into the politics just want to share some info with a forum that has helped me immensely over the last 3 years (found icmag about the time og was shut down)

Looks like crunch is going to be rocking some mpb buckets here in the future...We know crunch gets it done so we will see...

People are also rocking undercurrents..So check those out...

mc

Dr happy

So your telling me if I transplant into bigger pots before flower, when I flip to flower my roots will stop growing?

This is the same plant from transplant and two weeks flower with no veg in between, so you are telling me my plant grew 3 feet taller with no root growth?
That's 3 feet of growth in the first Two weeks of flower!

You FAIL in logic.

when you flip them to 12\12 you stop the growth hormone ( u cant take cuttings when you flower ) - it means no more veg- only flower hormone
:)

at the same time the roots stop to grow

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
when you flip them to 12\12 you stop the growth hormone ( u cant take cuttings when you flower ) - it means no more veg- only flower hormone

Have you ever grown? If you had, you'd know that after 12/12, there's still quite a bit of vegging left. Root growth slows down... but by no means does it stop the second you switch the lights to 12/12.

You can take cuttings throughout the plants life, in most cases cuts will take longer to root the farther into flower they're taken, and there's also the added time of the cut revegging.

Growing isn't as black and white as you're making it out to be.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
According to everyone else its a myth...Bunch of haters over here talking politics of who invented, said or did whatever...I could care less...This system took a lot to set up (time and $) now that it is setup it runs like clockwork check the rez every 2 days..My plant numbers are lower than they have ever been which helps me sleep better at night...

Not into the politics just want to share some info with a forum that has helped me immensely over the last 3 years (found icmag about the time og was shut down)

Looks like crunch is going to be rocking some mpb buckets here in the future...We know crunch gets it done so we will see...

People are also rocking undercurrents..So check those out...

mc

I appreciate the reply... but it is still extremely light on info. Got any links so you don't have to spell it out for me? I've seen a lot of info on undercurrents recently as well, but there's lots of info to be found about that grow style.

mcattak

Had to edit my post....Cant take cuttings during flowering ..Its done all the time... Use the search engine...

Just like that NFL preview show ...Come On Man..

Your plant doubles or triples during flower..Agreed...Then it must grow more roots to support this extra growth..

Here are roots in my 27 gallon RDWC bucket at about 2 - 3 weeks into flower....They definitely did not fill the buckets like this when I flipped them...

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 12

mcattak

I appreciate the reply... but it is still extremely light on info. Got any links so you don't have to spell it out for me? I've seen a lot of info on undercurrents recently as well, but there's lots of info to be found about that grow style.

If I tell you I will have to kill you....lol

From what I understand I can get in trouble for showing you...The DD MPB are for real though as are the UNDERCURRENTS...

Good luck

MC

Dr happy

Had to edit my post....Cant take cuttings during flowering ..Its done all the time... Use the search engine...

Just like that NFL preview show ...Come On Man..

Your plant doubles or triples during flower..Agreed...Then it must grow more roots to support this extra growth..

Here are roots in my 27 gallon RDWC bucket at about 2 - 3 weeks into flower....They definitely did not fill the buckets like this when I flipped them...

don't know about RDWC

mcattak

don't know about RDWC

Why does RDWC matter....

You stated you cant take cuts from a flowering plant...Wrong

That plants stop producing roots after 12/12 is iniciated...Wrong...Just showed you some pictures of my roots that doubled in size when i switched to 12/12...

Dr happy

Why does RDWC matter....

You stated you cant take cuts from a flowering plant...Wrong

That plants stop producing roots after 12/12 is iniciated...Wrong...Just showed you some pictures of my roots that doubled in size when i switched to 12/12...

you cant take cuts from a flowering plant = at the first or second week its ok to take cuts - after that the veg hormone is going away and only the flower hormone takes place
to take cuttings you need to put the plant back to 18\6 - so it will starts producing the veg hormone

about the roots - only few roots will develop after the flip to 12\12

no more arguing pal :)

nice growing

F_T_P!

you cant take cuts from a flowering plant = at the first or second week its ok to take cuts - after that the veg hormone is going away and only the flower hormone takes place
to take cuttings you need to put the plant back to 18\6 - so it will starts producing the veg hormone

nice growing

You must be a comedian because you are killing me.LULz:biglaugh:

OK pal, move along.

nice growing

You are just flat out wrong on all fronts so will you please

Go outside and play, the grown ups are talking.

As entertaining as Dr. Happy is lol... back to the topic at hand aye?

With 40 plants/6k which i think is still a little bit much we veg around 2 months from clone(it goes really slow when they are under T5's as soon as they hit HPS vert they speed up quite nicely.) I have been supercropping to both sides to train the plants like a hedge more or less. After that ill super crop the front branches down towards the floor and clean the backsides of to prevent to much larf from growing. My goal is to not be able to see the sides of my pots or the reflective on the wall from floor to ceiling.

Our first run which we are currently harvesting was not pruned enough on the back sides which has led to a pile of larfy bud but it looks like we still will average 4-5 oz's/per plant

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran

I take clones at the second week of 12/12 no problems.

I do 36 plant SOG style and go for single colas.

The lateral growth is trimmed at 2 weeks and used for clones.

2 weeks at 12/12. This lot all came from lateral growth at 2 weeks into the previous run.

joeking

Mcattak, 20:1 this guy got paid for his obviously mindblowing new system he developed, (as he should, it looks like it will pay for itself in no time,) and with the loot, came the job of pushin his invention, outta left field IC is being blown up with this, and no dubt Krunch will completely ace it and produce yet another jaw dropping grow, but that kinda setup looks more a pain in the arse than anything else, I dread putting anything together, if I can't just add water, or a lil bit more, then I can't be bothered (Nice push though, maybe the company will hit you up to sponsor your next grow LOL)

-Why do I care if he got paid

-try first time

-No push bro...Found all the info on my own and made the decision to try DWC..This is my first time..

-If you cant put in the work then dont complain about yield....

-Dont need these guys to sponsor me

-MPB's and Undercurrents are for real...They are both just modifications of others hard work...

Dude, it;s all good. I'm a new to ic, and theres a lot of mind blowing stuff, all things considered, this is a heavy setup, not for the average bear.. I put in a fair amount of work to the piddly ass garden I have, I have other obligations and a family. I just feel that the AVERAGE JOE grower, who wants max yields, best flavor.....gettin the most without sacrificing the end result....average joe grower prolly dont have the capabilities, time, space etc...to tend to somthin like this... yo if Gyp and his crew did it, its obviously the holy grail of goin large...and Im bein real about what I CAN do and What i CANT do..just be real yo...that shit is outta my league therfore, I don;t see why its even being discussed in this thread, Id like to hear from the lurkers that grow a lot using very little, make the most of what they got...not tryin to stunt on me...peace

joeking

Take a rooted clone place in a 20ltr pot of a 50/50 all mix and canna coco feed rhizotonic at max dosage at 6.3 ph for 4 weeks topping all the strong growth and choping all inferiour weak stuff away chopping most off to leave 10/20 nodes all around the same hight. This takes practice and time as most growers a reluctant to cut of 3 weeks worth of lankey growth,, trust me it works!!!! A week or 2 longer in veg until you cant see the floor in the room through the plants.. This is overgrowing a canopy when it looks too big that if ya went 12/12 in 14+ days you would have BEASTS.. (Top some more!!!) Also chop off the weaker branches thinning out to the strong main branches taking 2 nodes to 1 strong node and 12/12 Hit them with a flower feed!!! Then 10 days in when first buds form pinch out ALL the tops!! (This has to be done this far in flower because otherwise it will veg the nodes) I like 2 fat top nuggs and no chaff at the bottom.

This is a top method!!!!

Hey, CAnnaboy, you sound like you might have a real tite method goin there, you should slow it up a lil bit, get some picks and explain step by step...its hard to keep up with you, but would love to see what your doin...please hook it up

MCattak, due show us your seetup, you seem to be a total believer, post a link to your grow that your doing this setup, I checked out that compettitors website, I saw the photos, it looks pretty complex, Id love to see how you did it, any modifications you made, what not...that would be tight, Im bout it bout it if you can make me believe, otherwise, think back other grows when you did whatever, share with us some of your secrets