What's new

Let's talk VEG...for max yeilds

mcattak

Take a rooted clone place in a 20ltr pot of a 50/50 all mix and canna coco feed rhizotonic at max dosage at 6.3 ph for 4 weeks topping all the strong growth and choping all inferiour weak stuff away chopping most off to leave 10/20 nodes all around the same hight. This takes practice and time as most growers a reluctant to cut of 3 weeks worth of lankey growth,, trust me it works!!!! A week or 2 longer in veg until you cant see the floor in the room through the plants.. This is overgrowing a canopy when it looks too big that if ya went 12/12 in 14+ days you would have BEASTS.. (Top some more!!!) Also chop off the weaker branches thinning out to the strong main branches taking 2 nodes to 1 strong node and 12/12 Hit them with a flower feed!!! Then 10 days in when first buds form pinch out ALL the tops!! (This has to be done this far in flower because otherwise it will veg the nodes) I like 2 fat top nuggs and no chaff at the bottom.

This is a top method!!!!

Hey, CAnnaboy, you sound like you might have a real tite method goin there, you should slow it up a lil bit, get some picks and explain step by step...its hard to keep up with you, but would love to see what your doin...please hook it up

MCattak, due show us your seetup, you seem to be a total believer, post a link to your grow that your doing this setup, I checked out that compettitors website, I saw the photos, it looks pretty complex, Id love to see how you did it, any modifications you made, what not...that would be tight, Im bout it bout it if you can make me believe, otherwise, think back other grows when you did whatever, share with us some of your secrets

Sorry joe no secrets here...

Total believer, don't know about that..Do know I went from over 300 plants down to 15...Just followed the instructions...I am a first time RDWC guy (used to be strictly rockwool flat garden)..All the info is over there...Undercurrents are also rocking it and no DIY like the mpb's...

Looks like crunch will be here with a mpb grow so we will see how that goes..

By the way MPB stands for medical patients buckets ( I think) and they are all about plant #'s...

mcattak

Mcattak, 20:1 this guy got paid for his obviously mindblowing new system he developed, (as he should, it looks like it will pay for itself in no time,) and with the loot, came the job of pushin his invention, outta left field IC is being blown up with this, and no dubt Krunch will completely ace it and produce yet another jaw dropping grow, but that kinda setup looks more a pain in the arse than anything else, I dread putting anything together, if I can't just add water, or a lil bit more, then I can't be bothered (Nice push though, maybe the company will hit you up to sponsor your next grow LOL)

-Why do I care if he got paid

-try first time

-No push bro...Found all the info on my own and made the decision to try DWC..This is my first time..

-If you cant put in the work then dont complain about yield....

-Dont need these guys to sponsor me

-MPB's and Undercurrents are for real...They are both just modifications of others hard work...

Dude, it;s all good. I'm a new to ic, and theres a lot of mind blowing stuff, all things considered, this is a heavy setup, not for the average bear.. I put in a fair amount of work to the piddly ass garden I have, I have other obligations and a family. I just feel that the AVERAGE JOE grower, who wants max yields, best flavor.....gettin the most without sacrificing the end result....average joe grower prolly dont have the capabilities, time, space etc...to tend to somthin like this... yo if Gyp and his crew did it, its obviously the holy grail of goin large...and Im bein real about what I CAN do and What i CANT do..just be real yo...that shit is outta my league therfore, I don;t see why its even being discussed in this thread, Id like to hear from the lurkers that grow a lot using very little, make the most of what they got...not tryin to stunt on me...peace

Sry if I came off as rude but when I read your first entry in this thread..

I am at wits end trying to figure out how these guys are vegging plants for 3 and 4 weeks and pulling down massive numbers. Not many of these grow logs go into detail about the vegatative fase, what do you do to get your ladies pumped up before the 12.12 show

I thought you wanted to know ..Then when I gave some info the pessimist came out in you...

Just for further knowledge I will not be harvesting 4+ per plant...My pre 98 bubba is not a big yielder but looks nice and is marketable here in so-cal....I am hoping for half of what dd does with his g13...

Joe are you in a med state..If so plant numbers are important (especially for a family man) and electricity usage is not...Undercurrents, mpb's or krusty buckets all grow trees and use vertical lighting...Trees = Freedom..

Be safe and ask any questions you want...

MC

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
DoubleD is a Canadian tree grower, and a MOD at TeeHCeeFarmer, and he has pics!
Google Doubleds 42# grow for a link to his 42#, 11200 watt (10X1000W +2X600W) barebulb between 10 plants. He came up with a high pressure high volume undercurrent style system using a big regenerative air blower. he then sold the idea to UC for $452K. He says so right in the freakin thread, and he is brilliant. Search MPB buckets for how to build your own, he also lists his G13 strain and nute schedule too.

About Me
About doubleds
Interests
Work, Grow, Sleep
Style of Grow
Big Trees
Grow Room Profile
16 x 1000 watt lamps
8 x 600 watt lamps
co2 monitor w bluox burner
Growing Medium / Growing System
High speed dwc recirculating system w hydroton
Nutrients/Feeds
Advanced Sensi A & B
Collossal bud blast
Big Bud
Overdrive
Seed or Clone ?
Clones
Strains Currently Being Grown
Mount cook
g13
Astro schnapps
white gum
chemdog d
Space Cheese
Space dawg
chiesel

Here's a couple pics, click to embiggen:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
DoubleD is a Canadian tree grower, and a MOD at TeeHCeeFarmer, and he has pics!
Google Doubleds 42# grow for a link to his 42#, 11200 watt (10X1000W +2X600W) barebulb between 10 plants. He came up with a high pressure high volume undercurrent style system using a big regenerative air blower. he then sold the idea to UC for $452K. He says so right in the freakin thread, and he is brilliant. Search MPB buckets for how to build your own, he also lists his G13 strain and nute schedule too.

About Me
About doubleds
Interests
Work, Grow, Sleep
Style of Grow
Big Trees
Grow Room Profile
16 x 1000 watt lamps
8 x 600 watt lamps
co2 monitor w bluox burner
Growing Medium / Growing System
High speed dwc recirculating system w hydroton
Nutrients/Feeds
Advanced Sensi A & B
Collossal bud blast
Big Bud
Overdrive
Seed or Clone ?
Clones
Strains Currently Being Grown
Mount cook
g13
Astro schnapps
white gum
chemdog d
Space Cheese
Space dawg
chiesel

Here's a couple pics, click to embiggen:

you the man for posting that info. i wanted to, but fear of ban......

i happened to acquire his seeds recently, '86 g13/subcool's spacedog male. cant wait to germ them....... and thy them in these buckets..

apparently some kat around here is making a mpb bucket system and my boys hydro shop will have a full system next week, its not for sale yet. i may just pick that thing up, not sure until i see it.

cannaboy

Take a rooted clone place in a 20ltr pot of a 50/50 all mix and canna coco feed rhizotonic at max dosage at 6.3 ph for 4 weeks topping all the strong growth and choping all inferiour weak stuff away chopping most off to leave 10/20 nodes all around the same hight. This takes practice and time as most growers a reluctant to cut of 3 weeks worth of lankey growth,, trust me it works!!!! A week or 2 longer in veg until you cant see the floor in the room through the plants.. This is overgrowing a canopy when it looks too big that if ya went 12/12 in 14+ days you would have BEASTS.. (Top some more!!!) Also chop off the weaker branches thinning out to the strong main branches taking 2 nodes to 1 strong node and 12/12 Hit them with a flower feed!!! Then 10 days in when first buds form pinch out ALL the tops!! (This has to be done this far in flower because otherwise it will veg the nodes) I like 2 fat top nuggs and no chaff at the bottom.

This is a top method!!!!

Hey, CAnnaboy, you sound like you might have a real tite method goin there, you should slow it up a lil bit, get some picks and explain step by step...its hard to keep up with you, but would love to see what your doin...please hook it up

MCattak, due show us your seetup, you seem to be a total believer, post a link to your grow that your doing this setup, I checked out that compettitors website, I saw the photos, it looks pretty complex, Id love to see how you did it, any modifications you made, what not...that would be tight, Im bout it bout it if you can make me believe, otherwise, think back other grows when you did whatever, share with us some of your secrets

I just did a run like this but it was so sucsessfull I was scared to post the pics and show many people DocLeaf & MAXLUMENS seen it... 3/4 times as much as normal and 40 less plants less wattage.. LOL... Also this is how to grow A++ dope Not the crap stuff grown on water in a hydro setup... SORRY GUYS ITS TRUE HYDRO IS SHIT AT A++ DOPE it get A++ yields and easyer to feed but thats the fun this isn't difficult and you interact a lot more with the girls its not just hit them with everything and hope... I will Put you some picks up joeKing or PM you... As this is the step from playing plants into paying plants and most people need there eyes opening,,, pots dont go hungry or rely on electricity and are easily moved... The skill is yours as the grower most people can,t train a plant properly or feed it right.. This Is a cultivation method,, And is where the £££ is. Skilled growers who top/train harvest up to twice as much as those who don't and just SOG. also couple that with a properly set up room and propper reflectors .... I love IT...

spook719

heres some from seed that I vegged for 8 weeks, Im using biocanna thats 9 plants under 4k two are in 10 gals. and the rest are 5 gals. all in bioterra plus. I got some cheesus, slh,ssh, and purple buddah in there Ive learned its all about the space you give them roots and canopy, during veg and especially during flower, also roots grow alot during the first 3-4 weeks of bloom, just like the canopy. Im expecting atleast 4 pounds, But since this is the first time ive used co2 im hopin for more than 6,lol :plant grow:

cannaboy

My roots do man.

Indica/AFGHANI dominant species grow a root system for 2/3 weeks into flower this is all.. Sativas for a lot longer I know this..

A clone that has not been grown for twice as long as it takes to flower is a small plant.. with small roots how can it get big..

joeking

with the DWC systems or the MPB systems, is there a need for a chiller for the rez, as heading into summer months, the temps will be getting in the 90's. My first run I ever did was a 48 plant nft system in pvc pipes, the growth was awesome, but there were so many variables I had no clue of then, rez temo being one of them. I think that I may rig up a DWC type system, I like the passive hydroponics that one of Gypsy's employees told me about several years back. it was sited with a link earlier in this thread, I am thinking of getting a 3 gallon bucket, filling the bottom 1/3 with hydroton, a layer of coco coir, then the rest with my standard mix, the bucket would sit in a larger bucket where the water that is oxygenated with an airstone would then be at the level of the hydroton, and the water seeking roots will shoot str8 down there and lap it up, while I will be top feeding every other day or so with no runoff. I played with this a little a few months ago, but didnt have a ph meter, so was a little scared I might botch it up...however, the growth I was getting in veg very quickly surpasssed that of the regular pot grown plants....my problem is there are so many methods to grow, trying to decide witch one to go with is boggled my mind.

Mcattak, no hard feelings bro, I like to raise a little hell, and challange people to think, that way, I can see if it's really you and your experience talking, or somthing that you read or heard. Your all rite by me, I dig your sincerity.

Indica/AFGHANI dominant species grow a root system for 2/3 weeks into flower this is all.. Sativas for a lot longer I know this..

A clone that has not been grown for twice as long as it takes to flower is a small plant.. with small roots how can it get big..

So in order for my 8 week variety to no longer be "small" I have to veg it for 16 weeks?

mcattak

with the DWC systems or the MPB systems, is there a need for a chiller for the rez, as heading into summer months, the temps will be getting in the 90's. My first run I ever did was a 48 plant nft system in pvc pipes, the growth was awesome, but there were so many variables I had no clue of then, rez temo being one of them. I think that I may rig up a DWC type system, I like the passive hydroponics that one of Gypsy's employees told me about several years back. it was sited with a link earlier in this thread, I am thinking of getting a 3 gallon bucket, filling the bottom 1/3 with hydroton, a layer of coco coir, then the rest with my standard mix, the bucket would sit in a larger bucket where the water that is oxygenated with an airstone would then be at the level of the hydroton, and the water seeking roots will shoot str8 down there and lap it up, while I will be top feeding every other day or so with no runoff. I played with this a little a few months ago, but didnt have a ph meter, so was a little scared I might botch it up...however, the growth I was getting in veg very quickly surpasssed that of the regular pot grown plants....my problem is there are so many methods to grow, trying to decide witch one to go with is boggled my mind.

Probably the most important part of a dwc project...65 would be my ideal temp...At this time I run 2 chillers (1/2 hp and 1/10 hp) they are not enough kinda playing with fire...61 lights off 69 lights on..To solve this problem and make sure I can handle those 90degree days I will buy a 1hp chiller for my next run..

If your not much of a diy guy and want to try rdwc..I would think about a small undercurrent system....Ive seen some nice shows both vertical and horizontal...

Be good..

mc

Latest posts

Latest posts