What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai s1 and Amnesia x Lemon Thai grow

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
"i tend to chop when i can see mostly cloudy and about 10% amber" yeah I am of the same opinion. I rarely let plants go mostly amber because I enjoy well cured buds which can take up to 3 months on average and some go even longer in storage to get them where I like. Predominantly amber buds tend to be heavier to me personally after that long in the jars and mostly clear can be too racy even after 6 weeks in a jar. mostly cloudy is perfect for me and how I consume. I have friends on the other hand that prefer it heavy and narcotic and tends to smoke the same thing every day so those buds with amber trichs don't sit around too long in their stash and that's how they harvest. I checked the resin glands again today and both are maturing rather quickly now. they will be done on the early side of week 9. Also, plant #2 has put on a ridiculous amount of resin just in the last couple of days. I have been in love with plant#4 from the get go but #2 may be the sleeper after all...she's chunkier, more resinous, and her aroma is more nuanced and layered. I'll find out soon enough I guess...can't wait!

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
so after full 9 weeks plant #4 was chopped. trichs were about 70% cloudy and there were more amber than clear heads so down she came. I really like how uniform she matured with the lower third also predominantly cloudy and ready. trimming was painless as well with remaining fan leaves coming off at the slightest tug and scissors bouncing off the flower set giving me a nice clean trim. the lemon smell still present but while trimming I noticed a very nice floral component I hadn't detected before. the smell while not as loud as the lemon is a nice touch and give a strong resemblance to jasmine. the hash on the scissors was thick with the lemon jasmine smell along with a soft solvent type smell. Plant #2 is also past week 9 but I felt needed a few more days so I put her back in flower room. The other two plants are at 8 weeks but also need more time to finish and I will post pics soon so we can see how they compare. anyhow here are a couple of pics before the chop.

20220518_074137.jpg
20220518_105757.jpg
20220518_104645.jpg
20220518_105700.jpg
20220518_105718.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great, beautifully faded, the bud structure looks more ammi , although with greater volume and length.. and i hope that translates to reasonable density too. (amnesia has density, LT not so much)
How was she smelling @Jahaze ?

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Looks great, beautifully faded, the bud structure looks more ammi , although with greater volume and length.. and i hope that translates to reasonable density too. (amnesia has density, LT not so much)
How was she smelling @Jahaze ?
thanks VG. she smelled of lemon, soft solvent, and floral. She also has a mild musky type smell but the first thing you notice is the lemon. the other three plant smell different than this one. they have some lemon but they have a creaminess to the smell with something else in the mix.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Ok folks, the lemon thai s1's are currently in week two of flowering and put on a healthy stretch with some of the stems feeling a bit more rigid and no longer flopping over. The stems are still very flexible compared to the Amnesia x LT girls at this same stage. I still may end up staking a couple of branches before the heavy flowering sets in. They are currently in one gallon containers and really happy with their soil mix so i am not going to top dress just yet. Also, I would normally have waited another week to up pot them but since I simply won't have time in the next week I had to transplant into 2 gallon pots after the pics were taken. I really hate doing so early because they were really humming along and I didn't want to interrupt growth but I had no choice. Plants #1, #3 stretched the most while plant #2 has a bit shorter node distance and plant #4 which (I almost culled because it was a runt with leaf mutations) was the last to come up and grew slower than the other is doing fine. Plant #4 was not trained like the others due to time and me wanting to flower them at the same time. Plant #4 is responding exactly like the others and I'm happy to report the leaf mutations have disappeared and growth rate is on par with the rest. Over the 4 plants look almost identical so far. Once they start flowering heavily I expect some changes as I have noticed a small difference in flower formation on at least two of them. No smells I can pick out yet. Lemon Thai s1's below:

20220520_095610.jpg
20220520_095627.jpg
20220520_095659.jpg
20220520_095729.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia x LT plants #1, #3. these two plants are at week 8. plant #1 stayed somewhat short but grew nice thick tops. #1 also a touch behind her sisters in finish time it would seem. I think it may go 10 weeks by the looks of it. Plant #3 was the smallest plant in veg but now is taller than her sister that started at the same time. She has decent flower set along the length of her colas. Plant#3 looks like it will finish before #1 and #2 which is still in flower and coming on week 10 flower.

20220520_105112.jpg

plant#1 the shorter compact gal.
20220520_105244.jpg

20220521_190318.jpg
20220521_190204.jpg
20220521_190124.jpg

plant #3
20220521_190333.jpg
20220521_190541.jpg
20220521_190616.jpg
20220521_190510.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @Jahaze ,The LT look to have nice structure in early flower and look very promising plants.. a few big internodes but should mostly fill in with luck..

The Amnesia x LT Plant 1 is quite unusual looking. i would expect to see that bud structure on a taller plant ! the colas are quite wide as well.. Plant 4 looks quite like ammi, just with slightly more gnarly looking buds.
VG :tiphat:

pjlive

Amnesia x LT plants #1, #3. these two plants are at week 8. plant #1 stayed somewhat short but grew nice thick tops. #1 also a touch behind her sisters in finish time it would seem. I think it may go 10 weeks by the looks of it. Plant #3 was the smallest plant in veg but now is taller than her sister that started at the same time. She has decent flower set along the length of her colas. Plant#3 looks like it will finish before #1 and #2 which is still in flower and coming on week 10 flower.

View attachment 18713828

plant#1 the shorter compact gal.
View attachment 18713829
View attachment 18713830 View attachment 18713831 View attachment 18713832

plant #3
View attachment 18713833 View attachment 18713834 View attachment 18713835 View attachment 18713836
Gorgeous.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Things are starting to move quickly now and plant #2 is chopped at day 70. I let this one go a few days more than I'd like but didn't have time to harvest. This gal was the most nutrient sensitive of the 4 and while she never locked out she did have pretty bad tip burn. She has a lemony background with a creamy smell with hints of spices as I trimmed her. Overall a pleasant smell and she was easy to trim so win win. The other two remaining plants are also past week 9 so they will be coming down in the next week or so. below is the Amnesia x LT #2 before the chop.

20220520_101611.jpg
20220525_114839.jpg
20220525_114958.jpg
20220525_114921.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great! - seems to have faded out nicely despite the slight nute burn...Aromas sound on point.. and looks like they will all come in at under 10 weeks. Great !

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia x LT #3. day 66 of flower and she was taken down. I could not find a clear resin gland in the top 2/3 of the plant...all cloudy with a few amber. Up close she smells like plant#2 but milder and a bit more floral however she leaves a sweet lite skunky funk in the room that is louder smelling than the other two already cut. Flowers are fluffier than they look and my scissors would dig in on occasion if I tried to hurry. Super easy trim tough.

20220527_164341.jpg
20220527_164448.jpg
20220527_164129.jpg
20220527_164301.jpg
20220527_164410.jpg
20220527_164147.jpg
20220527_164426.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great ! perhaps this one is a bit more LT dominant, the skunky smell is interesting.. that isn;t present in either of the parent plants so perhaps a bit more of a throwback ...

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Looking great ! perhaps this one is a bit more LT dominant, the skunky smell is interesting.. that isn;t present in either of the parent plants so perhaps a bit more of a throwback ...

VG
Thank VG. Yeah it was a sweet skunky type smell but it was there for sure. I noticed it after leaving the room and upon my return i was hit with the smell which eventually spread throughout the house.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
quick update on the lemon thai s1's at about 4 weeks in flower. nothing really to say other than they are doing their thing. one plant is starting to look different than her sisters with a longer rather than rounder flower set similar to more tropical leaning plants. no smells to note yet but are developing and will know more in next week or two. I did have to stake a couple of them because the new flowers where weighing them down a bit.

LT #1

20220531_214039.jpg
20220531_214122.jpg

LT #2
20220601_104909.jpg
20220601_104924.jpg

LT #3 The thinner flower gal

20220601_104938.jpg
20220601_105025.jpg
20220601_104307.jpg
20220601_105008.jpg

LT #4

20220601_105040.jpg
20220601_105054.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey @Jahaze they are all looking good.. you make it look easy lol, nice to see a bit of variation with the different flower structure on plant 3.. will be interesting if the Terp profiles have any variation as things move along.

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Ok everyone, this is the last of the Amnesia x LT plants. This is #1 and she was cut on day 76. For the past 10 days or so I haven't noticed any trichome changes...they are still mostly cloudy with a few clear and even less amber. I'm not sure where I went wrong with this plant but she was growing normally before I started training and removing branches to promote 4 main colas. After that the plant noticeably slowed down and wanted to grow out rather than up regardless of how many new side branches I pruned. I wonder had I just let her go if she would have acted differently. Anyhow, I feel like its not doing much at this point so down she comes. I will say that even though she stayed squat she looks very wide in relation to her sisters. Could be the shorter node distance from wanting to grow out and not up...not sure. The flower set is similar to #3 which was fluffier than #2, #4. Smells similar as well and resin was still respectable. I will keep the clone until I test her against the others but I can say that she has stiff competition as one of her sisters is excellent smoke and has a high to match. I won't say too much since the others are still curing but I smoked the other three once they were dry enough to go into the jars and there is one that stood out. Anyhow, here is plant #1 before the chop.

20220606_153531.jpg
20220606_153619.jpg
20220606_153442.jpg
20220606_153354.jpg
20220606_153337.jpg

ps...These were easy to grow and not fussy at all. They have some differences for sure but didn't stray too far apart. All were lemony with varying mint/menthol type scent. One was more floral and sweet another had a spiced wood thing with a solvent bottom end. A third one had a bit of both and something I can't quite figure out yet so overall some differences which is always good. I will give a proper smoke report and overall impression once these have some time curing at minimum 6 weeks. Time to focus on the LTs1 for the next month or so and the pine tar gush f3s.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok everyone, this is the last of the Amnesia x LT plants. This is #1 and she was cut on day 76. For the past 10 days or so I haven't noticed any trichome changes...they are still mostly cloudy with a few clear and even less amber. I'm not sure where I went wrong with this plant but she was growing normally before I started training and removing branches to promote 4 main colas. After that the plant noticeably slowed down and wanted to grow out rather than up regardless of how many new side branches I pruned. I wonder had I just let her go if she would have acted differently. Anyhow, I feel like its not doing much at this point so down she comes. I will say that even though she stayed squat she looks very wide in relation to her sisters. Could be the shorter node distance from wanting to grow out and not up...not sure. The flower set is similar to #3 which was fluffier than #2, #4. Smells similar as well and resin was still respectable. I will keep the clone until I test her against the others but I can say that she has stiff competition as one of her sisters is excellent smoke and has a high to match. I won't say too much since the others are still curing but I smoked the other three once they were dry enough to go into the jars and there is one that stood out. Anyhow, here is plant #1 before the chop.

ps...These were easy to grow and not fussy at all. They have some differences for sure but didn't stray too far apart. All were lemony with varying mint/menthol type scent. One was more floral and sweet another had a spiced wood thing with a solvent bottom end. A third one had a bit of both and something I can't quite figure out yet so overall some differences which is always good. I will give a proper smoke report and overall impression once these have some time curing at minimum 6 weeks. Time to focus on the LTs1 for the next month or so and the pine tar gush f3s.
hi there, i'm really pleased with how these have looked and behaved in the grow, with a great grower to do them justice ! obviously the smoke test matters most but so far these seem promising plants and so far the terps sound like what i was expecting and hoping for!
:tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
LT s1's are just over 6 weeks and are swelling nicely. I figured I had over feed a couple of amnesia x LT so I didn't ammend the soil as I usually do and then left them too long before up potting. I added the same soil with some ewc as top dress but they were really hungry and it shows. I think 2 of them may go 9 weeks but atleast one plant #3 is still putting on new growth and looks more of a 10+ week gal. I hope they make it without me having to add anything till they finish. Plants #2, #4 have some chunkier tops and stretched less...maybe some of that lemon thai 'indica' in the F3 of bhodi's release showing up? I think plant#3 leans more nld and had thinner flowers reminiscent of haze hybrids but has filled in quite well in last week or so. Plant #1 has some crazy resin production and some sugar leaves are coated and curling from the resin. They all smell somewhat similar: earthy lemon with various subtle smells like mild spice, flowers, solvent. I will say they are changing constantly so we'll see where they end up at harvest. Aside from my poor feeding initially they have not been fussy but the amni cross were a bit easier to keep happy. Also the stems didn't really get rigid enough to hold them up like the amni but it may be these were mal nourished.

plant #1
20220616_185844.jpg
20220616_185927.jpg

plant#2
20220616_185947.jpg
20220616_190012.jpg

plant#3
20220616_190033.jpg
20220616_190159.jpg

plant #4
20220616_190222.jpg
20220616_190313.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @Jahaze , they look good! , sorry for the late reply.
I'm pleased with the overall stability... i wanted some variation and am glad that there are some narrow leaf leaning ones, - but at the same time i'm relieved that they aren't 'all over the place' as i heard the F2's described. Glad they are reasonably easy to grow (makes sense that the ammi cross would be a bit more straightforward than an S1) Terps sound bang on... hope you like the smoke!

VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
little update at just over 8 weeks of flowering. I must apologize for the less than stellar show compared to the amni cross. I under fed and kept them in smallish containers longer than I should have and then may have shocked two of them after the transplant and top dress. The fact that they pulled through without throwing nanners and outright locking out is more to do with the lines stability than my gardening prowess. I will pull them out and get full plant pics but till then here are some tops...

plant #1
20220629_102335.jpg

plant #2
20220629_102350.jpg

plant #3
20220629_102404.jpg

plant #4
20220629_102422.jpg